September 1, 2014 | 1950 users online

BB Cream - Tarte - BB tinted treatment 12-hour primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 sunscreen

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by cecilelpham

I am in love with the Tarte bb cream! I usually use the shade light, but for summer I use a mix of light and medium for my tan. I would say this gives medium coverage, which is surprising considering it is a bb cream. Also it does an amazing job of blurring the pores on my nose! It's ridiculous how it makes my skin look almost flawless. I've used it for a little more than a month, and I have not broken out from this. It's the first bb cream (or tinted-moisturizer-like product) where I don't have to apply moisturizer beforehand - it's literally an all-in-one holy grail product that's a primer, foundation, moisturizer, and sunscreen. Application is a dream - it's creamy and blends so easily! You can layer it for extra coverage over problem areas, but I just use concealer. My only complaint is that it doesn't control oil, but I've yet to find something that will keep me matte all day. Overall I highly recommend this if you're looking for a true bb cream that is an all in one HG product!

*I recommend purchasing the travel size from Sephora ($10 for 0.5 oz) if you can (only available for shades light and medium) because it's a better deal than buying the full size ($35 for 1.0 oz)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 1:49:00 PM More reviews by mona912

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I hardly ever write reviews but in this case I had to. I love love love this Tarte BB Primer. I used it mainly as primer and sunscreen. Pricing isn't as bad if you think about primer and sunscreen combined. The coverage is amazing and I used my sheer foundations with this like now I've been using my Givenchy Tient Couture which is let's say light to medium, with Tarte as primer this gives almost full proof full coverage to hide my freckles away and I know most would say embrace your freckles but freckles doesn't look good on me as I am Asian. Not saying all Asians but I'm saying just on me. I got the sample size I can't remember how I got it and I found it by accidentally as I was cleaning old dried up samples away. I will purchase the full size as soon as this sample is done. Good for daytime and summer time I would say 👍

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2014 8:19:00 AM More reviews by bigbadpanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked up the trial size on my last trip to Sephora. Osheaga was coming up and I wanted something more like a tinted moisturizer rather than foundation since I would be outside all day for 3 days straight. I saw this while waiting in the check out line (those damn impulse buy items, Sephora knows how to get you). The small size was only $10 so I figured I would give it a shot. I was a bit confused because it says tinted treatment. I looked it up and apparently it works as an anti-aging treatment along with being a primer, moisturizer, light foundation and sunscreen.

I was pretty happy with how this product worked out for me. Luckily, the color matched my skin tone. I applied only a little bit with my clean hands since I was going to a music festival and didn't need TOO much coverage. It evened out my skin and it has a nice satin finish. It is buildable, however, if that's what you're looking for. I just wouldn't label this product as a full coverage foundation. It's definitely just light-medium coverage.

It lasted pretty well also. This might be my staple music festival bb cream from now on!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 7:51:00 AM More reviews by budzwhiz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

In love with this! Great coverage, controls oil, and doesn't cause breakouts. The finish is satin, which is neither too matte nor dewy. I rarely have to do touchups when I wear this on, plus I don't even have to set it with powder!

Full review here:

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by toulose

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I will buy again. Love this product on my menopausal skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by boobookeys

Straight up, I don't really like this product.

Firstly, finding a shade is so difficult. I'm around an NC20-25 and both Fair and Light are way off! Fair is a very light shade, maybe NC15, and Light is more towards NC25 but very, very pink toned. I got a sample of the Light shade anyways, just to test the product out.

Secondly, I live in a humid climate plus have naturally oily skin so that might contribute to how terrible this product felt on my face. The product is quite a thick mousse texture that continues to feel mousse-like even while on my face. It doesn't melt in, and has a very heavy silicone-y feel. It feels heavy on my skin and not natural at all. Granted, I did use maybe a total of one and a half pea sized amounts for my entire face (2 layers, so around a pea size per layer) which is quite a lot, but I've read reviews that the coverage of this is supposedly amazing so I was looking forward to that due to some acne and acne scarring. The coverage is definitely good, it covered what I wanted it to, but there's a catch - it did NOT look natural at all! It felt like I had a load of makeup on my face, and it looked like I did too. I did not wear anything under or over this product, because it looked pretty much natural matte (albeit cakey) on the get-go. It did tend to emphasize flaky skin, so I have to exfoliate all of them off thoroughly before this could glide on.

It felt greasy and oily throughout the time I wore this foundation (during which I didn't do much, I just was out in the humid weather having dinner), and my skin felt suffocated. I kept going to look at myself in the mirror and touching my face, even though the product looked and felt fine. It was all down to how it FELT.

Needless to say I rushed home and took this off my face immediately, so I can't judge on its 12-hour claim. Maybe in a very very thin layer as a primer, it might do better, but I don't really want to test it out again. It didn't work well with oily skin AND flaky skin, so I don't know who to recommend this to either. You really have to test it out yourself, because judging by many other reviews this product can definitely work well. It is just not for me, unfortunately!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 8:12:00 PM More reviews by lylaura

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this!! It is a sunscreen moisturizer and cover up in one! Such a time saver :) I am a devout SPF user; I always hated having to wait 15 min before applying my foundation. This feels like silk going on. It lasts all day, even lasted through a shower yet looks light and natural.

The result is a one step process that helps me achieve a natural look. It blends better than my Bare Essentials mineral foundation, which I used for 10 years.

It blends so well and I don't even feel it on my skin :). I've been looking for a cover up to even out my skin w/o looking like makeup. I just wanted to cover old acne scars on my jawline, while lightly evening out the rest of my skin. This does that perfectly.

Also love that it is paraben free, and free of bismuth-oxychloride (lead found in most foundations, including mineral)
I was skeptical at first because I can't stand the feel, or look of liquid foundations and they break me out.

I will update this if it causes any breakouts.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by sophieeanne

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product isn't as talked about as some of their other products but it is quite nice. Its not quite my favorite bb cream just because it clings to the dry patches some times, their isn't a wide variety of shade selections and it can be hard to blend out without a makeup sponge or a face brush, Overall its a good product but I would go for the NYX bb cream or the Tarte amazonian clay bb cream. I would recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Sophiamcvay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great product... Great staying power... I have to use a moisturizer under it but I have dry skin... The only bad thing is the price :/

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 6:58:00 AM More reviews by phylalexan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this for quite a few months now and I love it! It covers better than any foundation I've tried... it applies beautifully and like silk... I use fair as I'm light but I am NW20 for reference... For a BB cream, the color range is good and best of all, SPF 30. I'm on my second tube and will continue to repurchase....