April 17, 2014 | 881 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Caresse Wet Shine Stain

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 9:02:00 AM More reviews by Angelique79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've always had issue with lipsticks that "stain" so they don't budge (budge proof) as the formulas are almost always very tacky, you cant blot it right and then they dry patchy and you have to almost exfoliate your mouth to get it off. Even the ones that have a balm at the other end never seem to support the stain formula so you get the look you want.

I picked up the red shade in this line because I didn't really feel any of the other shades looked nice in the tubes. As usual, the first application didn't spread and dried immediately into a ring on the inside of my lips and it wasn't flattering. Any attempts to correct this weren't successful, which means one has to slather the product over the mouth in order for it to not appear patchy. This is fine if I'm looking to create a bold mouth look, however I like versatility with my lip colors and I wouldn't be able to do that with this lip gloss meets budge proof stain.

I really have to spend time with this product to get the look I want out of it, which makes it time consuming. The positives are that it does leave a nice red flush to my mouth as it fades with eating and drinking, and if I apply some lip balm to it, it helps avoid that unsightly ring of bright red color on the inside of my lips.

I give it a two because I CAN wear it with some effort, but I feel for what I'm getting, the price is too high. I wont purchase any other colors from this line.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by supergirlieque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great combo product if you're looking for something long-lasting that isn't a lipstick. I don't get a lot of moisturizing effects from this, so I wouldn't say it replaces a balm, but it's a great alternative if you're a fan of stain/gloss. When you first apply this product (I have it in Lilac-Ever-After, a nice "your lips but better" color for me) you notice the color and shine right away. After a little while the shine dulls a bit and you're left with a lovely swatch of translucent color and a touch of sparkle. It's not glittery or overpowering, but enough to make this a "dressed up" look for me, not something I swipe on at the ballpark. Later, when the glitter fades, the staying power of this stuff becomes most apparent by the gentle stain it leaves behind. This is my favorite feature of this product because the color it leaves at this point is exactly what I'm looking for in my colored lip product, and it stays on FOREVER. HOURS later I can just apply a little balm and enjoy perfectly colored lips!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 4:55:00 PM More reviews by NikkiSew

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Rock_chicka81 said exactly what was on my mind. I recently wore Rose on and on and was nervous because of the color in the tube. I am I'm between NC45 and NC50 so going too pale is not a good look for me. Rose On and On DID turn into the perfect rosey shade of pink! I own 5 of these and they are glossy but not too much. Not too drying so I do not wear a balm underneath them. I haven't layered them over any lipsticks yet, but it is nice to know that I can. :-) I absolutely LOVE these. And no I haven't tried YSL's because I haven't found the need to with these.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2014 8:17:00 PM More reviews by EmmaMo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Over the last few years I abandoned lipgloss completely and stuck to lipsticks/stains/balms but this product has definitely tempted me back. I have this in Marilyn (103) and it's a cool toned pink in the tube. However I find that on my lips (which are a reasonably strong pink colour) this is a more vibrant rose. It applies very nicely, with a cool, watery feeling, and I find that the glossiness stays for at least a couple of hours even if I'm drinking or nibbling on snacks. The finish definitely wouldn't last through a full-on greasy meal though! Once the gloss has worn off there is a lovely sheer stain left on my lips. What I really like about this is that I can re-apply and the colour doesn't become patchy or flaky. The packaging is lovely and it looks a lot more expensive than it is. The applicator is also great and applies just the right amount of product. Overall this is my current favourite lipgloss product: glossy but not gloopy, colourful but not overwhelming, reasonably long-lasting but not drying. I'm planning on buying a couple of other shades but my one criticism so far is that they seem to vary a lot in terms of pigmentation.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2014 11:54:00 PM More reviews by ShopaholicsAnonymous

I bought this because I had read a lot of reviews/blogs saying it is a dupe for YSL Glossy Stains, which I LOVE LOVE LOVE. However, Glossy Stains are $$$$, so I was excited to try this more affordable alternative, which I bought at Target and Wal-Mart for $7-$8 each. I bought 3 to start and liked them well enough so I bought 2 more. After using them for a while, I like them ok, but I probably won't buy them again.

I saw a review which said Glossy Stains are more like oil paint whereas the Wet Shine Stains are more like watercolor. I think this is accurate. Wet Shine Stains are not very pigmented. They can be built up to be more pigmented but in general it's more of a sheer wash of color. I don't find them to be glossy enough for my taste. Also, they just don't last as long as I need them to. Maybe 2 or 3 hours. That's ok for a DS lippie and everything, but I think I would rather have 1 Glossy Stain than 4 of these. They're just nothing special.

The smell/taste is ok. Don't love it, don't hate it. I don't particularly like the applicator because it can be hard to get the product off of it.

Of all the shades I've tried, I found Pink Rebellion to be most disappointing. There is little color payoff with that one. Endless Red is probably the best, so I use that for days/events that aren't special or important enough to warrant using one of my nicer lippies. I do find myself applying it every couple hours which is annoying.

If you're looking for an affordable version of Glossy Stains, this will suffice, but it's certainly NOT a dupe. Overall they're just ok.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 2:01:00 PM More reviews by safrager

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lasts on me for about 3 hours while regular lipsticks only last 1 hour. I have very thin lips and lipsticks just don't wear well on me. Nice selection of colours though I would like a darker pinkish orange (intense coral or salmon shade).
I love the similar product YSL has - Vernis A Levres. It lasts a bit longer and it doesn't feel quite as sticky as the L'Oreal. And the colours are a little more sophisticated. But it costs more than 3 times as much ($10 vs $35). I use the YSL #29 as my goto but have a lot of these L'Oreals for fun looks.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by lizzieattwood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have the shade Lolita. Is this the most ultimate lipstick/gloss? Nah!
But the colour is divine, the perfect shade for everyday, moisturising, not sticky- great
I really do find myself wearing this lippy often, more often than I originally though; as I'm not a gloss lover. That being said the smell I hate, it's really sweet ( but I can adjust) and the lasting power is not anything to write home about.

That being said, if you love a natural pink, then Lolita's your gal

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2014 1:08:00 AM More reviews by texasfinest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

This is A STAIN not a gloss, so the title is very misleading which it states that it is a "wet shine" were there is no shine what so ever. I have it in the colour Rose on and on, which looks like a beautiful medium pink it dries to be two shades darker than what it is in the tube. Despite all the midleadingness! it is still a gorgeous colour!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2014 10:29:00 AM More reviews by spinthedeck

I bought Rose On and On; the color in the tube is a pretty medium rosy pink, but after I applied, the dry down caused it to turn much brighter than expected. So next time I first applied a thin layer of foundation to my lips & then the stain - better, the dry down was much more muted & closer to the color in the tube. It did leave a subtle pretty stain for a/b 3-4 hours, but the finish was neither shiny or glossy, as my lips felt dry & kind of "gummy." It clings to every little flake of skin on your lips, even when I thought my lips were smooth & in good condition, I'd apply & be horrified at how this settled in every little crack/crevice! Not impressed at all & would definitely not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by strawbetty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have these in the shades Lolita and Princess and they're probably my favourite lip product. They're sorta the kinda things that you use once and you're like 'meh' but you find that you keep coming back to! I have naturally pigmented lips and Lolita is totally my everyday MLBB shade. Princess I would save for going out as it's brighter and more dramatic. The colours slide smoothly over my lips with ease and they're never patchy, which I find happens with quite a lot of my other lip products. Feels almost like a super watery gloss at first and then gets slightly stickier, but never so sticky that you think it's going to glue your mouth shut! I've heard people complain about the 'gloopiness' of the product but I like it; feels like it's really sticking to my lips. I normally apply one coat of Lolita and don't have to worry about it for at least 4 hours before I find myself wanting to touch up. They do transfer quite easily but I can overlook that. Love the cute packaging and while the flowery scent may be a turn-off for some, I love it!