Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express

3.6

(BLACK NON-WATERPROOF) AQUA/WATER, PEG-200 GLYCERYL STEARATE, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, PARAFFIN, COPERNICA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, STEARIC ACID, CETYL ALCOHOL, PALMITIC ACID, ETHYLENEDIAMINE/STEARYL DIMER DILINOLEATE COPOLYMER, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, LITHIUM MAGNESIUM SODIUM SILICATE, DIMETHICONE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANEDIOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, SILICA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SOSIUM LAURETH SULFATE, DIMETHICONOL, DISODIUM EDTA, POLYURETHANE-35, TETRASODIUM EDTA, [+/- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742 / MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510 / FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], (F.I.L. D54745/1).

on 4/10/2015 5:43:00 PM

Top 3 drugstore mascaras FOR SURE.

1. Bought it on a whim when I got invited out and hadn't put mascara on that day. Was SHOCKED at how SUPER BLACK it is and how 1 coat is PERFECT (...when the tube is brand new).

2. I'm a very very very bad person, who is often guilty of sleeping in my mascara. This stuff stays on throughout the ENTIRE NIGHT and is buildable in the morning. Doesn't irritate my eyes at all.

3. For the girls who like to remove with water, you're not gonna be happy. Neutrogena Oil Free Makeup Remover is my go-to to remove EVERYTHING though.

4. Wish the brush was a LITTLE smaller just because I feel like I can maneuver that better. But overall this mascara is pretty damn amazing.

on 4/7/2015 4:27:00 PM

Packaging is necessarily huge, the wand is a little bit too thick. The regular one that i have is way too liquid and the brush it self does not avoid clumps. I have long lashes and because this takes so long to dry, it would get on my eye makeup. A good thing about it is that in never dries out. I used with some of my friends that have short lashes and it definitely worked better for them.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is NOT a high-end, no flaw product, but it is the best drugstore mascara in town. I'm suprised this didn't get higher reviews, but my guess is that this happened because people are expecting a BANG in the face. It's got the name ROCKET after all! Be aware- don't expect a punch in the face, but instead a natural looking eyelash push-up. Great natural product, so beautiful and formula is thick and luxurious, hardening as usage goes on (and gets better).

This has been my HG mascara for about 2 yrs now. It makes my lashes look thick and full without clumping. Even the nonwaterproof version holds a curl. I like to try different mascaras but I will always have a tube if this in my makeup case.

This is a really good mascara. It gave my lashes great volume and great length. There's a few setbacks though. They're not really big dealbreakers, which is the reason why I gave this mascara 4 out of 5 lippies :) First, the nonwaterproof version can't be removed with just soap and water. I had to use coconut oil to completely remove it. Second, It does flake a little bit after 8 hours, which explains the smudging after my 12-hr shift. However, it still made my eyelashes look amazing all throughout the day. It just needed a check in the mirror by mid afternoon, but my job doesn't even give me that kind of time (unfortunately) >_<. Third dealbreaker, which may be related to the first, is lashes falling out. I've used a lot of mascaras (both waterproof and regular formulas), but this is the only one that made it sparse after removal. If I reapply the mascara again, the Rocket still made it look like they're full blown camel lashes.

on 3/29/2015 8:03:00 PM

There was a lot of mascara on sale at Boots this week because they had ordered too much. It only cost me 1.59. I really liked it. One coat won't do, but if you use 3 it works wonders. I found it have me a lot of volume. Especially on my bottom lashes. Will purchase more when I run out for sure.

on 3/27/2015 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

So good!!! Im in love with this mascara. It is cheap but it gives great result. My lashes instantly look longer and thicker and it is easy to clean.

on 3/23/2015 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Pros:
+ Waterproof ( not flaky at all)
+ Give length
+ Natural
+ Easy to apply
+ Cheap

Cons:
+ Does not give volume

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

OMFG! best mascara ever. but a single flaw. it's SUPER hard to remove. I have to take neutrogena makeup remover wipes AND soap and water. but besides that, it's the best mascara I've EVER used and I use it everyday. 💕

on 3/14/2015 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I have never been a fan of mascara. First, I have straight asian lashes which means that they usually go back down after applying a coat of mascara. Second, they're a pain in the butt to take off. I'm lazy and mascara requires me to do extra work because removing makeup is ugh. Third, the first time i used a mascara, it made my lashes look really sparse and weird. So usually, i just curl them and tight line and that's it.

The formula of the mascara is quite wet and so when it dries, my lashes goes back down. So I do need to recurl them. It does flake just a bit. I can see some mascara bits on my upper lids and a few on my lower but they don't annoy me. It also smudges under my bottom lashes but I like the smudgy, smokey-ish look so I don't mind at all. It also isn't that hard to remove so that's always a plus. The brush is plastic/silicon and the bristles are quite short. It separates my lashes really well after one coat but starts to get all spidery and clumpy after that. I don't really find it volumizing but it does lengthen my lashes. When I first applied it to my bottom lashes, oh my gosh. I loved it. I also really like the packaging, the blue and the bright pink really stood out.

This mascara is what i gravitate towards everyday. It definitely changed my mind about mascaras. The price is also really good. I got it for less than 4$ when it was on a BOGO sale.

Video Reviews & Tutorials