November 26, 2014 | 1622 users online

Polishes - OPI - Goldeneye

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by jlyox92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am in love with this golden glittery polish but the picture above doesn't show the right kind of polish. This isn't the holographic gold shown in the picture, it is a warm yellow gold glitter.

It is a little sheer at first and the formula isn't the best to work with but I've only needed two coats to get it opaque for the manicure I'm wearing now. Once you do get it to work well it is a gorgeous colour and shines off your nails no matter what the light. It is incredibly eye catching and I can't wait to use it in Christmas manicures

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2013 2:46:00 PM More reviews by thechain

This is the PERFECT gold nail polish. It takes a couple of coats to make it opaque, but the formula is excellent for this. Each coat of polish goes on smooth and evenly. And the final result? Absolutely golden. I've gotten so many compliments while wearing this polish- everyone wants to know what it's called!
I hope OPI makes this shade permanent.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2013 6:45:00 AM More reviews by ocarina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Okay, are we certain that the photo above is really Goldeneye? Because that is a HOT gold holographic polish which looks not a thing like the version I have. Mine is a sheer glass-flecked gold glitter with very warm undertones. Even with three coats it's too sheer. On my pale skin it makes my fingers look ruddy. Lasts decently well and is fairly easy to remove by glitter-polish standards. In the future, I will try this layered over another shade, I bet it makes a wicked special-effects topcoat. In the meantime, anyone know the name of the pictured polish?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2013 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Goldeneye was the first polish I picked up from the Skyfall Collection that was released for the James Bond movie of the same name. I fell for the golden shimmer immediately. This is a golden color that leans bronze more than yellow. It's a very warm shade and it dries to a gorgeous smooth shimmery finish. I really thought this was a foil finish from looking at the bottle, but no it's a glitter. Densely packed golden microglitters suspended in a clear base. I used 3 coats and it still wasn't opaque, but it was satisfactory. The next time I use this I will use a golden shade for undies so I don't have to use as much polish and get the desired opacity. The polish is thin though and I wish it were a foil as I love the color and look, but detest using 4 coats of polish. Now that I know this is a topper and not a base color I will use it as such. It is a truly gorgeous golden shimmer and it dries smooth to the touch and does not require a top coat to get a smooth feel or finish. This is a wonderful polish and I am so happy with it overall.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2013 7:01:00 AM More reviews by Emilymarie0103

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I highly recommend this polish! Looks beautiful on its own or as an accent colour! I especially love it teamed up with OPI Mod About You :) so pretty! Not only is it stunning its also long lasting! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by avaqadore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely loved the Bond collection. There were so many beautiful polishes (The Living Daylights, Live and Let Die, On Her Majesty's Secret Service) and this was the standout for me. I'll nitpick that I hate it that this polish was named Goldeneye and NOT Goldfinger because in the world of Bond films Goldfinger > Goldeneye, but that's not important for a review.

I'm normally not one for gold colors for anything, but the look of the polish in the bottle caught my eye. One or two coats is enough to make this color shine, and I would love to rebuy it... sadly this is a discontinued color just like the rest of the collection. Such a shame because there were so many winners in that collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Molly8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is such a nice shade of gold colour. It's pretty sheer in one coat but when you apply for second and third coat that the true colour come out. I really love this polish. If I run out will definitely purchase it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by theiriina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Absolutely awful nail polish, pain to apply because the formula is so gloopy and thick (not to mention the lack of pigment, opaque after 4 coats!) and pain to remove because of the glitter. It's not gold, it's ORANGE nail polish. I have much more beautiful gold nail polishes on my collection. Wouldn't recommend to anyone and won't buy again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 6:16:00 PM More reviews by loveandlilac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

FINALLY found this color! I've been trying to track this one down and found it on sale at Cosmoprof for $3when I was there for something else. I saw it and immediately ran to grab it I just put on 3 generous coats and I'm in love. This is SUCH a reflective glitter polish (some glitters aren't.) It looks MUCH different on than in the bottle, which is a good thing. I have fair skin and this looks great. Only thing is I wish the brush had a grip on the handle like Orly. Other than that, 5 stars for this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 8:37:00 AM More reviews by gazh27

Ladies: buy this! I have never gotten this many compliments on a nail colour!

I recently bought the 4-set of mini polishes from the Skyfall collection (GoldenEye, The Spy Who Loved Me, On Her Majesty's Secret Service, and The World Is Not Enough). I got my nails done with GoldenEye and I swear I've had seven women compliment my nails in the last two weeks. This is an AMAZING colour and it looks great on every skin tone, which isn't something you see too often.

It's really wonderful to look at...it's a deep, rich gold that is subtle but also stands out at the same time. And the best part? The 4-set of mini polishes was $13!!!