E.L.F. Studio HD Blush (all)

Isododecane, Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cetearyl Methicone, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Nylon-12, Barium Sulfate, Mica, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve), Propylparaben. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Red No.27 Lake (CI 45410), Red No.7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow No.5 Lake (CI 19140), Red No.40 Lake (CI 16035), Blue No.1 Lake (CI 42090), Ultramarine Violet (CI 77007), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

on 4/9/2015 11:44:00 PM

This product was weird for me. I was at Target (in Toronto, that's the only place where you can find E.L.F. products) and it caught my eye because of it packaging.

Pros:
1) Its pigmentation is really good.
2) It won't budge from your cheeks at all
3) Its packaging with a cute black pump is really nice and hygienic to use. I've heard some people say that it looked "cheap" but I honestly don't care about that.
4) The product itself doesn't weigh much and is pretty small; you can definitely carry it around if you want to.

Con's:
1) it is hard to apply. Once you put it on your cheek, it is very hard to blend it in and it just sticks to your skin.
2) It sticks to the brush a LOT. I used the E.L.F. stippling brush for it and it felt like the product was just stuck to the bristles instead if blending it on my skin.
3) Its texture makes it hard to blend as I mentioned before. A little more liquidy wouldn't hurt imo.

It definitely gets a 5/5 for packaging and price. I got it with $4 something and that is not bad at all but its cons make this product hard to use and brings its overall ratings down. I am not sure if I will repurchase this again tbh.

on 4/3/2015 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Okay so this blush is a little strange. I don't think I've ever called a product "too pigmented" before, but that's what this is. I have the shade Superstar.

So I really like the idea of a pump for a blush, very clean. However my blush comes out as a little pink turd, that I need to first spread all over my hands before I dot it on the cheeks. Maybe it came already a little dry? Not sure. But it makes the application a pain in the ass. While the pump is nice and clean, my hands and fingers will become a pink mess just to blend it slightly before even putting it on the face.

When I finally manage to get a teeny tiny bit on the cheeks, it blends nicely (with the e.l.f. small stipple brush) and stays FOREVER. I have never used a blush that stayed on this long, seriously.

Pros:
+ extremely pigmented
+ nice pump
+ STAYS ON ALL YOUR LIFE

Cons:
- actually too pigmented, even if you pump out just a little, you'll end up wiping it all over your hands
- comes out of the pump in slightly dry turd form

on 3/27/2015 6:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Holy pigmentation. I can't seem to use too little. I ended up binning because it's way too strongof a color for me. I prefer a bit more subtlety.

on 3/18/2015 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I love these but you have use a teeny tiny amount which can be hard to squirt from the pump. I put it on the back of my hand spread it slightly and blot with my beauty blender and the blend like a demon. I am very pale

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I bought this in the lightest shade thinking it would be a good replacement for my boujois cream blush in 01. I loved the way it was packed in pump dispenser and also that there is so much product in there, but it failed.

This is sooooo intensely pigmented that even when you put a tiny amount on your hand/palette and thin it out, then apply with dabbing motions, it still gives you piggy face. So I don't think it is suitable for lighter skinned people at all, maybe if you had really dark chocolate skin this would be a good choice, anyone lighter than nc/nw50 is too pale for these blushes.

on 3/7/2015 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

my first cream blush and I love it a little goes a long way I got it on clearance at target I'm obssesd the color I have is headliner such a pretty pink and I was pretty amazed it lasted a long time I defintley recommend this product

on 2/17/2015 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

For how cheap this blush is I was pleased with the outcome, i came across it while shopping and was drawn to the fact that it wasn't a powder. And to be honest i was very nervous when trying it out as i thought it would look like paint or wouldn't look natural. So i started to apply it after i put on foundation but before i put on a powder. I used a stippling brush and lightly dabbed some onto my cheeks then smudged it around with my finger to make it look more natural. The color was vibrant but subtle.

on 2/17/2015 2:44:00 PM

There is probably a huge learning curve to using is product, but I'm not willing to go through it. I got angry red bombs on my cheeks when I first tried it, and it dried so fast I couldn't buff it out, although I buffed so hard I may have shaved some skin off! It's so hard to control and you can very easily overdo it. i think I'll stick to cream blushes.

on 2/17/2015 1:23:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I got Diva and I am fair, and this iis a very bright fuchsia. I coud wear a color like this, but it's so pigmented it's impossible to work with. Too bad as when I get it right it stays put and looks great. What is hard is, if you put too much it doesn't come off w/o makeup remover. If I pump a bit on the hand I have to wash my hand with soap and water after. It gets everywhere. It's very hard to get a small enough amount on the cheek. It comes out like I thick liquid. Best method is to put smalles pump on the back of hand and get the least amount on a stipple brush. The dab it on the back of your had and then on your cheek. Works well, but is not full proof and requires makeup remover to clean your hand. BeneTint goes on easier as it's sheerer. But it's a lovely blush. Just tricky.

The packaging is cute and clean. You get a lot and it lasts really well. You only need a microscopic amount. The color is fuchsia which I think is flattering on everyone. I wish you culd get the right easily. I don't love using it as it's risky. When you mess up you have to remove makeup from your cheeks and that is annoying. But it stays put.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a fantastic budget find. I have two of these.

The pigmentation is incredible, and I really only need a pinprick to cover both my cheeks. The colour lasts all day, and then some. I apply it with my fingers. I did find that I had to experiment with how much to apply and where to apply it, as I am used to powder blushes. Once I got the hang of it, there was no looking back!

I let my friend try it when she was at my house, because she didn't believe that such a cheap find could work so well. She ended up immediately purchasing it as the colour looked gorgeous on her.

I hope they come out with more colours!

While I did say that I would repurchase when I ran out, I expect a bottle to last me the rest of my life.

Popular Blush Products