July 31, 2014 | 1020 users online

Pressed Powders - Neutrogena - Shine Control Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Amethyst_5

I rarely leave reviews but thought I would add one to rave about a product that I've used consistently for over a year, which is nearly unheardof for me. This powder is extremely good at controlling oil without overdrying skin and doesn't leave a white cast on skin although it is primarily white in color. I am on my second compact because the first one broke into a million powdery pieces without me even dropping it, so we'll see how this second one lasts. So far so good. I do not tend to go through the powder very quickly so had it not broken, my first compact could have lasted well over 6 months. I didn't hesitate to re-purchase since the price of this product is pretty reasonable, especially if you can find it on sale at your local drugstore or use a coupon at Ulta to purchase. I use this product to blot throughout the day. I keep it in my purse and apply with a retractable brush so that it doesn't look cakey. My skin is pretty normal but can get oily during the day depending on weather and humidity. As mentioned, the powder is very translucent. I am a MAC NC40-42 & have no issues with this powder changing my foundation color or making me look ghostly white. Does what it says, doesn't break me out, and is relatively cheap. Will continue to use & re-purchase until something else catches my eye. HG blotting powder!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2014 8:51:00 PM More reviews by cheesedippable

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

To be honest, I find myself having difficulty reviewing something like powder because I always wear it in conjunction with liquid foundation and vice versa, ALWAYS, so I can never tell if it's the powder or the foundation that's doing the job. Let me start with the packaging. I love that it does come with a mirror so it's great for on the go touch-ups. I'm fair-medium in skin tone and the color of the powder actually fits me really well, even though, yes it's supposed to be 'invisible'. I like that it covers my pores and keeps me shine free for a good chunk of the day, I would say. I can be pretty heavy handed with my application of powder and I like that it doesn't look obvious when I tend to go overboard with my powdering. I also like that it feels lightweight on the skin. I have nothing bad to say about it, so yeah, I think I like this product and would considering buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Maryliz21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing product! Totally worth the price! I used this everyday in combination with the primer. It doesn't matter if I use it in combination with my MAC pro-long wear or my True Match foundation, this product has yet to let me down.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Guypower2

I'm absolutely in love with it. I'm a guy so who loves to perfect my skin, and this does that. It has an extremely natural and blendable color, because I put it on and it covers up my acne and dark spots, which I thought was weird for non makeup. My skin is oily and this lasts long enough to last through 2 hours of intermediate exercise (I sweat a lot) and a remaining 6 hours of school. Which I thought was astonishing, and I only only spend like 5 minutes a applying it. The only bothering things in my opinion which I find about is: 1. The mirror sucks and it's better to use another one 2. The cotton pad it comes with clumps the powder up on my skin and makes it all horrible and very difficult to fix, so I use a makeup brush instead3. You need to be close to a window to get natural light because I noticed it leaves excess powder over your face which I couldn't see until I got close to a window. But overall the problems are fixable and I absolutely love this product (sorry for the long review).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 1:36:00 AM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this to set my foundation when I don't feel like dealing with the messy packaging of my Holy Grail Palladio Loose Rice Powder or if I'm rushing & don't have the time to. I do feel like it keeps me matte for a good while & the packaging is so convenient for travel/touch ups. This is my Holy Grail Pressed Powder. I am a long time lover of transparent powders because I feel as though they are easier to work with & you don't have to try to find your shade which can be very difficult in a powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by xo20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this product! Bought MACs blot powder and thought this worked much better than that. When applied it gives me such a nice soft matte finish. I do have an oily tzone and this kept me stay shine free for about two and a half hours until i reapply (which to me isn't a big deal, havent found a powder thats kept me shine free for hours on end). Looks great when reapplied too. Price is a little high ($12) but worth it to me

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by dearrachel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This Neutrogena powder is truly fantastic. I used to use MAC's Blot powder (which is much more expensive) and this is a great dupe for me. I'm very fair so I don't have any trouble with a white cast (though I could see how that would be a problem for darker skin tones). I use a small amount of this powder with a large, fluffy brush to set my makeup (just my T-zone in the winter, my entire face in the summer). It keeps my makeup intact all day and controls my shine for about 6 hours until I have to blot and reapply. The great thing about this powder is that I can touch up with this or with my favorite L'Oreal True Match powder during the day without my face looking cake-y, a problem I had with the MAC powder. The Neutrogena powder slightly expensive for a drugstore product, but nonetheless I have already repurchased and will continue to repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by lollycat99

Doesn't control my oil. Too expensive for something that doesn't work. Won't repurchase

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2014 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

For a long time I was torn on this powder. I have combo skin and during the summer it didn't control my oil at all and I hated it. But then winter came and I decided to give it another go. Suddenly I loved this powder. I gives my foundation the prettiest natural matte finish which really was nice in dry winter months. Also, because my skin was less oily, it kept me shine free. Other positives: I love a pressed form. I hate messy loose powders. I love that it's talc free. I'm quite sensitive to talc in face powders; they all make me itch like crazy. It lasts quite a while. It's easy to find and easy to get on sale (I feel it's a little pricey when not on sale for a drugstore powder).
So I guess my too cents would be, if you have super oily skin it may not control your oil enough. If I use with with urban decay deslick it holds up much better. But this powder is continuing to grow on me so once I use up the rest of my powders I can see repurchasing this.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2014 11:12:00 PM More reviews by jenglund

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Was really nervous about the lauroyl lysine in this product, as I usually avoid it at all costs. Been wearing for 3 days (I keep it in my purse for touch ups only) and haven't had any cystic breakouts. My pores are a little clogged, but really that could be anything with my skin.

On the upside, I think I could pour chicken grease on my face and this stuff would soak it right up. Only product that actually mattifies for me. Lasts 6+ hours! and even then! the oil breakthrough is very slight (probably not noticeable to anyone but me).

I have noticed when used on top of the Shine Control foundation and Healthy Skin pressed powder (using this as a touch up only later in the day), it looks great at first but eventually dries out the dry areas and looks patchy where it is drying up the separated foundation. Better over sunscreen/powder alone. Wish it were cheaper but after trying so many high end products that don't do half what they claim, I'll take it. I am tempted to buy more to keep in my car and bathroom!

EDIT: had to return. Getting little bumps again, and I'm too scared it's this powder (or the other Neutrogena Mineral Sheers powder)...