September 2, 2014 | 1267 users online

Pressed Powders - Neutrogena - Shine Control Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by aimeeb212

Absolutely adore this translucent powder for daily touch-ups. I have an extremely oily t-zone, but my skin is also prone to dryness becasue of topical acne treatments from the derm. This absorbs the oil, leaving NO trace of white residue and doesn't dry out my skin. It doesn't alter the color or take away from whatever foundation I'm wearing. I've used this product for over a year now. I won't leave home without it if I'm wearing makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 10:12:00 AM More reviews by moonunits

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm usually not a pressed powder person, after having had some disasterously cakey experiences. But As I've been slacking with my makeup this summer (i.e. not wearing foundation unless I feel like I have too), my skin has been looking pretty red, shiny, and all togther gross. I bought this on a whim at Duane Reade. I had been planning on buying a powder with some color to it, but decided on this one when I was too lazy to try and match my skin. I've used setting powders/'white' powders in the past and was somewhat wary of it, but decided to buy it anyway.

I am very pleased with the results thus far. I put this powder on in the morning after my sunscreen and I can immediately tell the difference. If I'm out for a long time or if it is particularly hot/humid I do sometimes need to reapply it after 5 or 6 hours, but it certainly isn't a constant battle between skin and powder.

Pros: Absorbs quickly, no smell, no white cast (I do make sure to double check for this though, as I have, once or twice, not blended it in properly and had white smudges around my nose), does its job, no breakouts, way less expensive than similar products I've tried

Cons: I hate the included application puff

All in all I am very fond of this product, and am happy I decided to buy it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by Amethyst_5

I rarely leave reviews but thought I would add one to rave about a product that I've used consistently for over a year, which is nearly unheardof for me. This powder is extremely good at controlling oil without overdrying skin and doesn't leave a white cast on skin although it is primarily white in color. I am on my second compact because the first one broke into a million powdery pieces without me even dropping it, so we'll see how this second one lasts. So far so good. I do not tend to go through the powder very quickly so had it not broken, my first compact could have lasted well over 6 months. I didn't hesitate to re-purchase since the price of this product is pretty reasonable, especially if you can find it on sale at your local drugstore or use a coupon at Ulta to purchase. I use this product to blot throughout the day. I keep it in my purse and apply with a retractable brush so that it doesn't look cakey. My skin is pretty normal but can get oily during the day depending on weather and humidity. As mentioned, the powder is very translucent. I am a MAC NC40-42 & have no issues with this powder changing my foundation color or making me look ghostly white. Does what it says, doesn't break me out, and is relatively cheap. Will continue to use & re-purchase until something else catches my eye. HG blotting powder!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2014 8:51:00 PM More reviews by cheesedippable

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

To be honest, I find myself having difficulty reviewing something like powder because I always wear it in conjunction with liquid foundation and vice versa, ALWAYS, so I can never tell if it's the powder or the foundation that's doing the job. Let me start with the packaging. I love that it does come with a mirror so it's great for on the go touch-ups. I'm fair-medium in skin tone and the color of the powder actually fits me really well, even though, yes it's supposed to be 'invisible'. I like that it covers my pores and keeps me shine free for a good chunk of the day, I would say. I can be pretty heavy handed with my application of powder and I like that it doesn't look obvious when I tend to go overboard with my powdering. I also like that it feels lightweight on the skin. I have nothing bad to say about it, so yeah, I think I like this product and would considering buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by Maryliz21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Amazing product! Totally worth the price! I used this everyday in combination with the primer. It doesn't matter if I use it in combination with my MAC pro-long wear or my True Match foundation, this product has yet to let me down.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Guypower2

I'm absolutely in love with it. I'm a guy so who loves to perfect my skin, and this does that. It has an extremely natural and blendable color, because I put it on and it covers up my acne and dark spots, which I thought was weird for non makeup. My skin is oily and this lasts long enough to last through 2 hours of intermediate exercise (I sweat a lot) and a remaining 6 hours of school. Which I thought was astonishing, and I only only spend like 5 minutes a applying it. The only bothering things in my opinion which I find about is: 1. The mirror sucks and it's better to use another one 2. The cotton pad it comes with clumps the powder up on my skin and makes it all horrible and very difficult to fix, so I use a makeup brush instead3. You need to be close to a window to get natural light because I noticed it leaves excess powder over your face which I couldn't see until I got close to a window. But overall the problems are fixable and I absolutely love this product (sorry for the long review).

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 1:36:00 AM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this to set my foundation when I don't feel like dealing with the messy packaging of my Holy Grail Palladio Loose Rice Powder or if I'm rushing & don't have the time to. I do feel like it keeps me matte for a good while & the packaging is so convenient for travel/touch ups. This is my Holy Grail Pressed Powder. I am a long time lover of transparent powders because I feel as though they are easier to work with & you don't have to try to find your shade which can be very difficult in a powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by xo20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this product! Bought MACs blot powder and thought this worked much better than that. When applied it gives me such a nice soft matte finish. I do have an oily tzone and this kept me stay shine free for about two and a half hours until i reapply (which to me isn't a big deal, havent found a powder thats kept me shine free for hours on end). Looks great when reapplied too. Price is a little high ($12) but worth it to me

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by dearrachel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This Neutrogena powder is truly fantastic. I used to use MAC's Blot powder (which is much more expensive) and this is a great dupe for me. I'm very fair so I don't have any trouble with a white cast (though I could see how that would be a problem for darker skin tones). I use a small amount of this powder with a large, fluffy brush to set my makeup (just my T-zone in the winter, my entire face in the summer). It keeps my makeup intact all day and controls my shine for about 6 hours until I have to blot and reapply. The great thing about this powder is that I can touch up with this or with my favorite L'Oreal True Match powder during the day without my face looking cake-y, a problem I had with the MAC powder. The Neutrogena powder slightly expensive for a drugstore product, but nonetheless I have already repurchased and will continue to repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2014 4:26:00 PM More reviews by lollycat99

Doesn't control my oil. Too expensive for something that doesn't work. Won't repurchase