NARS Exhibit A

4.6

on 7/1/2015 1:33:00 PM

Instant freshness!

This is an amazing blush, used with a very light hand. I find that exciting too, this "balancing on the edge" or "playing with fire" the application of this blush turns into. Just a bit too much looks waaaaaay too much! Just a little, tiny touch of the brush and whoa: you turn into this fresh-faced, 9-hours sleeping milkmaid (or sunlit sea siren, depending if I am tanned or not).

I see no reason to buy a different blush ever. And I don't know when I will be buying the same one either, since I've had it forever and I am still not even close to needing a new one, with daily application. It will last you ages.

on 2/15/2015 9:23:00 AM

Okay, so I was really excited to try this because everyone on makeupalley was ranting about it. I have fair skin naturally but I am tan. I've usually stuck with my corals so I was pretty excited about a change. While the pigment is great, and the lasting power is okay, it's a hard color to work with. I have no idea what lip color you could pull off while wearing this. And you cannot under any circumstances use your normal blush brush, you need a designated brush for this blush. I legitimately had to take a brush barely touch the blush with it and then I had to rub the brush on a towel (three swipes on towel) to get the desired "flush look" if you don't do this, you'll look clowny. Unfortunately, I will be returning this. (Plus it has parabens)

on 1/3/2015 2:02:00 PM

I love finding hype products on makeup alley and buying them. They usually turn out pretty good and this one is no exception.
The girl at Sephora didn't know what I was talking about when I asked for this one and her eyes widened when she saw the shocking colour. I wanted to try it on first and told her to be very light-handed. She'd never used it before so wasn't as light-handed as she should have been and I wound up with very rosy checks. Nonetheless it didn't look hideous so I bought it.
I apply it extremely sparingly and use it often. I know it's going to last my lifetime at this rate. I'm fair but it does what everyone said it would. Gives you that healthy exercise look, which is awesome for me as I do tend to look "tired" and "wash-out" easily.
Thank-you makeup alley!

on 9/15/2014 2:52:00 AM

Most amazing blush ever! Looks crazy in the pan but amazing on the skin, unbelievable looking, but don't use too much!! I would recommend a fan brush so it doesn't apply too much product but all I can say is I cannot believe I did not try this earlier.!!

on 7/10/2014 8:03:00 PM

as the other reviews say - a little goes a long way! I'm quite fair and at first would never have imagined this would look suited, but when carefully applied is the same look as when I've been for a run I.e very natural flush. comes in a strong compact with a mirror. the outer surface of the compact easily shows marks from powders and foundations so try not to touch with other makeup on your hands as its very porous and doesn't wipe off easily. exhibit A compliments warm earthy eye shadows and warm lipsticks. wouldn't generally mix with blue toned eye makeup but with make up anything is possible, and even if its all you wear will give a nice rosy glow without overloading the skin. I imagine a wide range of skin tones can use this colour.

on 6/18/2014 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Looks absolutely GARISH in the package but amazing on the cheeks! When the lady in Sephora recommended this to me I thought she was crazy! Then she applied it. I was in love. Not a big fan of the $30 price tag, but I'm not gonna lie, it's worth it! Of course you can always play it safe by buying the boring Oragasm blush but for once, be bold, take a chance and buy Exhibit A!

on 6/2/2014 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Scary in the pan but absolutely fantastic on my cheeks! Use a light hand with a good brush and it will give you a lovely flush. I use it with the NARS Casino bronzer and it's a great look for spring/summer. Being fairly oily skinned, most blushes and bronzers tend to disappear after a few hours but this blush stayed put for well over 10 hours. (I am an NC44 for reference) And due to its high pigmentation, only a very small amount is required which means this blush will last forever. Overall, Exhibit A is a one of a kind, exceptional product. Good job NARS!

on 4/25/2014 6:24:00 AM

NARS Exhibit A is one of those rare makeup finds where you just have to be brave, take a leap of faith and give it a go. If you do, you will be rewarded because seriously people, this blush is Holy Grail category (it shares the exalted throne with Clinique Precious Posy and Bobbi Brown pot rouge in Powder Pink on my NC20 skin).

It is bright red. Like those red plastic cups that I see on American TV shows and movies being filled with beer and who knows what else at frat parties (that as an Australian I irrationally covet since we have bland boring white plastic cups. Boooo!)

Sorry, I digress.

Now, I am not the most adventurous woman out there when it comes to makeup. I do not really venture into the dramatic and bright coloured eyeshadows... in fact a winged eyeliner and red lip is about as exciting as it gets. So I have always sidled past the bright coloured blushes in favour of the safer peachy pinks (yeah, like as if I do not already have over a dozen peachy pink blushes at home). But one day I had a personality change and decided to give it a go... the next thing I know I am at the cash register with this blush in my hot little hand and have thoroughly loved it ever since.

It looks soooo natural and is amazing on fair skin. Yes you have to use a light hand otherwise you look like a baboon's bright red bottom, but when it is done right it is stunning. I am neutral in colouring and this makes me look beautifully flushed. It is slightly orangy red but not too warm and it is certainly not as pinky-red as MAC's Frankly Scarlett (and therefore looks more flattering on me). The pigmentation is crazy and only the lightest dab is needed. There is no shimmer and that just adds to the natural look. It lasts the entire day. Perfection.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I had never used any high end blush just drugstore brands,I was always disappointed with the wear so I went off blush(I know I know,lol)anyway I ordered from Mecca here in oz after reading a lot of reviews..I chose 2 shades Taos which I LOVE and of course Exibit A!! I am in love with this in pan bright red pigmented glory it is so amazing on if you take a light hand(I use either Samantha Chapman Blush brush or a fan brush)you get the most natural flushed cheeks it is so flattering I think it would suit all skin tones as it just gives that glow to your face .. Like that youthful glow we had in our cheeks that has now deserted us cue in Exibit A the life giver to complexion.If you want to up the amp this builds nicely and is great to work with highly pigmented long lasting very blendable and versatile. I will always be devoted to this shade.(a little goes a loooooooong way so don't be heavy handed!!)

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Been on an orange lippie kick and this is the blush shade I reach for. Against my nc45 skintone this gives me nice orangey/red flush without looking like a clown. The right brush with this shade is a must because this is super pigmented. I use MAC angled blush brush and to smooth out the edges even further I use my Sephora stippling brush for further blending. The wear time is 8 hours on my oily/combo skin without re-application. And another nice thing about NARS blushes is that the colors remain true even after application...no oxidizing or appearing as something else on the skin. Love this shade.

Top Rated NARS Products