November 29, 2014 | 966 users online

Lips - Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain- Romantic

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2014 12:56:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I really liked this product. It's a pretty sheer red that looks good on yellow undertone skin, and can be built up for a more opaque coverage. It has a peppermint scent but doesn't irritate my lips. Has a very light-weight feel, and easy to apply with the twistable crayon applicator. Moisturing formula at first, but can be a little drying as time goes on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by evanlami

YES! I love this balm stain. It actually *lasts* and nourishes my lips at the same time, making them very soft. This is absolutely my favorite lip product of all time and I have it in many colors. I'm so glad I found this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2014 11:15:00 AM More reviews by squint

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like this color, a sheer but buildable tomato red; iIt's slightly hotter toned, but the closest replacement I've found for my much-beloved l'Occitane balm in Currant. It looks good at all densities and it wears off evenly rather than in that getting-tired, patchy way some strong colors do... very good with my cool-ish pale skin. I wish it didn't have peppermint in it, which tends to irritate my lips, but it's not as bad as Burt's Bees products and as long as I don't wear it every single day. A keeper.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by truthseeker107

I love almost all of the colours in this range (Revlon's Balm Stains are my all-time favourite lip product)... but not a fan of this one. I'm very pale (+ olive undertones), with little natural pigmentation in my lips, and this version of red looks straight up orange on me. I love blood red lip colours (favourite is Revlon's Standout matte balm), but hate to reapply all the time, so I thought I'd try this. On its own, it really does look orange (be mindful of your own skin tone and lip pigmentation, it may be great for you). However, I tried layering it with my go-to red lip colour. Results: the colour looks awesome and I'm hoping that the two together will have added staying power. Realistically though, I wish this balm stain had been a deeper red, sufficient to be worn alone. Hopefully they'll release a stronger red in this formulation. All the Balm Stains have a great slip to them, I find them to be emollient-rich and hydrating to my lips. I also enjoy the mint scent. It's refreshing to apply, just a shame about the colour for this particular one.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 12:43:00 AM More reviews by koko127

Perfect red for me! It can be sheer or you can build it up for a redder look. Can be applied on a daily basis. I usually apply lip balm before I start doing my make up, and when I'm done with my face, I apply the lip stain and it's perfect! It lasts quite a long time, only fades after I eat, but I reapply after that it stays on the rest of the day. My sister complains about the smell, but I like that it smells like a mint crayon. (Not sure if it's just me who likes it) The cap had fallen off a couple times in my bag and stained some of my bags.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by EmRose6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

A staple product for my makeup wardrobe! I'm not big into lip products or color but this has been my go to for almost everyday for the past year. Some days, this looks like a cool toned red but other days I detect a pinch of an orange undertone (my makeup may play a factor in this, not sure) Anyways, I always layer over lip balm for a hint of color. It makes my lips look so much better and more healthy - I have pretty pigmented lips but they have a purple undertone in them which I feel makes me look sick and yucky. You can definitely control the intensity of this with layering. I find this lasts a decent amount of time. Over lip balm it doesn't feel drying at all but wearing this alone I find it doesn't feel as "soft". I've had this for over a year and I've just now had to twist it up a little more. I'd definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by keziahrj

I bought this lipstick last year and it has been my go-to lip makeup ever since. The color is amazing, you can control the redness of the color by layering it again and again for a deeper color or layering it once for a sheer color. This balm stain leaves a nice, matte finish and also, is it just me or does the product smells like mint?

The only thing I hate about this product is that it dries out my lips. It was okay at first, but then you start reapplying it a few times and your lips get really dry. I had to layer it with a lip balm before applying the balm stain in order to keep my lips not dry.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by incognito

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this colour - sheer tomato red, very wearable for people like me who shy away from bright shades. The packaging is cute and convenient. But the peppermint oil in this has quite a strong smell upon application, and as per Paula Begoun's review on her website, it's likely to be drying and irritating to the lips. If Revlon had left the peppermint oil out of this product, it would have been perfect.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2014 12:57:00 PM More reviews by svang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My go to lip stain. Here's why

-goes on SHEER, but buildable, which I love, especially for work. If you want that va-va voom pop of color with one application, look elsewhere.
-not drying. it is definitely not moisturizing, but it's not drying either.
-affordable. you can find it anywhere.
-color works wonders with my warm skin tone, but I have to be careful to make sure I don't use too much, as it is very red, with slight coral undertones.

What I don't like:
-starts fading after a few hours, so you have to reapply
-cap is not the most secure
-texture is a bit sticky. would be nice if it went on a bit smoother.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2014 2:36:00 AM More reviews by riceisnice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Meh. This is okay.
Looking at pictures others have posted of this, it looks really nice, but it doesn't work for me.
Firstly, it's drying. It's a balm but on my lips, once this has dried it slowly sucks the moisture out of my lips until they start to get crusty near the inner parts. Not cute.
There's also the colour. What gives?! Mine has barely any pigmentation. My lips are naturally nearly unpigmented. I put this on and there's only a slight difference in colour. I swatched it on my hand, and still just a sheer wash of brick red. On the bright side, when it starts wearing off it looks like MLBB! (And then it starts making my lips chapped...)
Not going to repurchase this. Maybe in other shades (I HIGHLY recommend Sweetheart, it's beautiful) but Romantic... I'm sorry, there's no love between us.