November 26, 2014 | 1417 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by shindiggity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have incredibly oily skin with large pores. And, no mattifier, foundation, powder, primer, setting spray, etc. has ever fully kept my oil at bay. With that said I have pretty reasonable expectations, and I must say that I do love this foundation.

I do have to blot on average once a day, but instead of using 3 oil-absorbing sheets, I just need one. I can honestly say that this foundation controls my oil so much better than other popular, oil-controlling foundations, like Estee Lauder's Double Wear and Revlon Colorstay Liquid Foundation. And, what I'm most excited about is that it does not oxidize -- a problem I have with so many foundations! I have large pores, so with almost all of my other foundations, in order for me to cover my pores up and keep them covered throughout the day, I have to really buff in my foundation; but, with this foundation, I can quickly apply it with either my fingers or a Beauty Blender and I am good to go! (I prefer the Beauty Blender because it's less of a mess.) Weirdly enough, this foundation gets better looking throughout the day and beautiful melds into the skin. And as the day progresses, instead of looking super matte it just looks like good, healthy skin. It's also medium coverage, but can be built easily to full coverage with about 2 layers. I've heard that this foundation is great without a primer, but putting on primer is second nature to me at this point, so I've never tried.

I'm NC 20-25 at MAC and I wear the shade 150 Buff.

Pros:
-Medium-to-full coverage and easy to build
-Great for oily skin
-Stays on all day and melds into the skin beautiful throughout the day
-Doesn't oxidize
-Great for covering up large pores
-Blendable

Cons:
-Packaging is a heavy, bulky, glass pot
-Taking out the product can be a bit a nuisance
-Color matching solely by looking at the product at the store is not reliable. Make sure to do some research online first!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by tiparing

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had first tried this back in the hot Texas summer and it was no bueno.....but brought it out again now that it's winter(ish), and my oily skin gets dry and tight in the cold air. Wowsa - huge difference - it appears the epic fail in the summer was just my oil slick skin and not this product. This stuff lasts all day - if I don't touch my face, I don't have to powder at all (maybe my nose once.....). So far me likey.....new (winter) HG foundation?? Quite possibly. Like everyone else (haters) I have to say the packaging for this sucks royally - you don't get much for the price - and it's in a glass container that feels like you're lugging around a cement block. But unless it starts mysteriously breaking me out, Imma keep this going for the winter. Win!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Yolyalex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm confused about this foundation. My skin tone is medium, maybe NC 25. I bought the shade 330 (true beige) in this and it was a bit dark but it was so moisturizing for my dry skin that I went back and got the 320 shade (warm golden) and it's a perfect match. But for some reason my dry skin feels drier and after 2 hours the dry patches start to show, and I'm not doing anything different. I don't know if I got a "bad one" maybe old the second time around but it doesn't feel the same as the first one at all. I am so disappointed because I really really loved this foundation but it was too dark on my face. It lasts a long time once is set, usually after a 9 hour shift my makeup is still intact and it gave me the dewy look I want. Too bad it was too dark for me and now the one that matches me doesn't feel the same. :-/
I will repurchase this though and maybe see if as I said I got one that was old or something.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2014 4:02:00 PM More reviews by princessmeowmeow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

One thing that I hate the most about this product is that is comes in a glass jar which is not biodegradable! It will sit in a landfill waaaaay long after I'm dead and people probably won't even need makeup by the time it degrades, because of transhumanism. Anyway.

It has a very rich and creamy texture, so it's more than easy to accidentally apply too much. So far, I have used a flat kabuki brush, my fingers, and an ecotools flat brush to apply this foundation. I think the ecotools flat brush has worked best for me so far.
It's like apply butter to my face. Both butter and this foundation have a greasy feel. You have to use a primer and a powder overtop to set this. I have naturally very dry skin and it doesn't help that I live in an all-year around desert region, but this foundation helps my skin feel moisturized while wearing it! It also blends flawlessly into my skin and it's very good at letting me use liquid bronzers and illuminators over top.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by darknessdarling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Violet

Okay lemme start by saying this: I have NEVER, EVER, EVER in my like 10+ Years of wearing makeup ever had a foundation last as long on my skin as this. Never. I have oily, hormonal-acne ridden skin that also has large pores, reddish scars, and occasional dry patches. I can literally, if I do it right, go from 8AM-6PM without looking like a trashcan rolled in oil.

I mean, I really didn't think it was possible. I've tried many, many foundations. My go-to for a few years now has been True Match in W1, maybe W2 if I have a tan. Maybe. In this, I wear Buff/Chamois. It is a nice pale shade and blends out lighter than it looks in the jar. Ivory was far too pink for me. Buff has a yellowy undertone. I have tried some 'almost HE' brands like Clinique, but those too were a no-go.

I like the jar, BUT it is not a full ounce of foundation like most are sold as. .8, to be precise and I feel like for the price, the extra .2 would've been nice but at the same time, I love it SO much and I only ever buy it on sale at Rite Aid or Ulta, so it kind of evens out. I also dislike that the lid is plastic, but I'm just nit picking.

HINTS: DOOOO NOOOOOOTTTTTTT use a lot of this base!!! The first time I applied it, I used way, way, way too much. I looked like I was wearing a slick mask and it was awful. The trick to this is to 'dab' or 'tap,' if you will, the top of the foundation and then 'tap' it around your face. I start wth under my eyes and then go to forehead, etc. The texture is kinda gel-y...but like not pudding? But it's silky? I don't know, I've never used a foundation like this before it. True Match is very runny, and I was used to that but it never lasted more than about 2 hours before separating, 'lifting' from my skin and sinking into my pores. I tried to wear it the other day and was grossed out with myself in just a few hours.

The key, for me because i am oily and like very VERY full coverage, is to use a powder foundation on top. However, I am VERY light and careful when I do. Too much powder on top can make it appear mask like or strange. I use a damp blending sponge from RT and Physicians Formula pressed powder (not the mosaic, the speckly one) in Translucent Light. I don't sweep it on, I try to press it on gently in places like under my eyes and along my jaw, then will 'sweep' a little towards my neck to blend down and prevent weirdness. This gives me almost 100% coverage. Almost. If I have a particularly zit or a healing spot and it's very red, it does show through.

I love the way this foundation looks on my skin, but it looks best without a primer (weird, right?) and right after my moisturizer 'mattifies.' I used St. Ive's Collagen Elastin in the tub and it kind of soaks right into my skin and dries? but after that, this base will go on so beautifully. Again, for me. After three or so hours, it looks dewy and beautiful. I get shiny on my nose and between my brows still, but that's nothing a light dusting of loose powder won't fix (Usually the old lady smelling Coty brand. Idk why, I love it.)

The only Cons I see are the jar being less than an ounce, the crappy plastic lid, the lack of shades and that it does have some fragrance or something. The first few times I put it on, my eyes burned but now I have no problem at all. I do NOT think this would apply well with a blush, but it blends nice with a sponge. BUY THIS IF YOU SEE IT ON SALE. It runs for about $12-14 here and I can get it for like $9 if I find a good sale ad at Rite Aid or Ulta, or Ulta's coupons. It really is worth the $$ even not on sale! This is my new Holy Grail product. Actually my first I guess? I don't know, I just really love it. I kept talking about how pretty I felt to my boyfriend and he was like 'you've told me this like sixteen times already babe, I get it, makeup, yay.'

Other notes: I do not need to use concealer with it since i find it doesn't really blend well or adhere to each other? I typically get the coverage I need with this and the pressed powder. Again, use very light layers and build up if you can.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2014 7:50:00 PM More reviews by MirandaMMK

I have been through way too many different foundations and this is really great for combination skin and it works very well with my super dry areas just moisturizer first of course. it really doesn't come off it lasts forever it has very good coverage and isn't too thick or thin. my skin isn't bad for acne but I do cover my red cheeks and nose it's amazing just set with a powder. Good to go I only will get this for my foundation so they better not change it or discontinue lol

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by AmazingAnnie

my skin is acne prone and somewhat sensitive. I bought this in the color nude and thought it would a fantastic product because it was a hydrating foundation. Its okay not the best foundation. it kinda dries my skin out and it sticky. The amount in the bottle is very little. they don't fill it to the top like commercials or pictures portray. Maybe half. I give it a three. I would not recommend

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2014 11:18:00 AM More reviews by mysteeee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is definitely my HG foundation. I have olive/dry complexion & this foundation awes me. The finish is flawless & it lasts all day. The makeup actually looks progressively better the longer you wear it. I just hate that the color range is so limited, as usual medium-dark tones (&yellow undertones) hardly get any kind of selection. The packaging is bulky & heavy but very luxurious looking. I prefer this foundation applied with my (clean) fingertips oddly enough because I never like to use my hands for makeup application but I find the best coverage that way here. All in all, I always try new foundations but I always come back to the Revlon colorstay whipped creme!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2014 3:02:00 AM More reviews by Babsfree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really thought I hated this foundation but it turned out that I hated it because of the technique I was using to apply it: my hands or a cosmetic sponge, these two applications yielded no coverage for me. Then I tried my Real Techniques Expert Face brush and omg, I got great coverage! I was even able to apply a little bit more in areas that needed more coverage using my brush.
The color I use is Buff, the lightest color would of course have a cool, pale coloring to it so I knew I needed to go up one color so Buff was the only option. In other countries they have other color options like Ochre in Japan and China if I remember right but here in the US they don't have certain color options that other countries do.
I know some people are complaining about not being able to see the color through the jar but I wonder why some of you have not taken to Google images to see swatches of the colors of this foundation? That is how I knew Buff would be a good match for me, by looking at tons of swatches on Google. It's not a 100% perfect color match for me but I knew the palest color would be too pale and I would end up having a pink face with a neutral neck.
I have acne prone skin that is oily in certain spots. I don't think this will last 24 hours like the jar says, especially on an oil skinned gal like me. I do think I got some oil break through though, mostly on my forehead which is normal but nothing likes to stay on that area of my face when it comes to makeup so I can't fault that on this foundation.
I may or may decide to buy the palest shade and mix it with Buff cause I'm starting to get paler now that it's freezing outside and have little to now sun exposure now because I doubt Buff will look good on my skin once my skin gets lighter.
This doesn't oxidize at all on my face which is awesome cause I've had the hardest time finding foundation that doesn't oxidize and it doesn't matter if I use liquid foundation or mineral foundation.
I was using Lucy Minerals but took a break from it because my oils kept breaking it down and making it pool up in places. I still love Lucy Minerals but the buffing, mixing 2 shades together to get my perfect match, waiting for it to "warm up" on my face, waiting for my moisturizer to sink in before applying, trying to find ways to control my natural oils so it wouldn't break down, etc became too much for me so I sought out a liquid foundation to make my makeup routine easier and this is it. I will also be hopefully returning to the original Color Stay to see if I can get full coverage using my Real Techniques brush and if so then I will update my old review of it.
This leaves a matte-semi matte finish and I feel that the colors are forgiving too. I don't think this dries fast like others have stated, that is weird so I have no idea what some of those reviewers are talking about. I can take my time applying this, no problem. I use a q-tip to take a small amount out of the jar and apply the dollop to the back of my hand, dip my finger into the dollop on the back of my hand and dot in the area I'm going to be blending in first then use my brush in that area and continue down my face using that method; dot on face and blend using RT brush. No complaints about the packaging, I think Revlon probably has a reason that they chose to have it in a jar versus a bottle, besides, I like being able to get every last bit of product out of the jar, this stuff was nearly $5 more than the original Color Stay! I think I paid close to $15 for it at Walmart. Also, no breakouts from this so far! I will update this review if I need to.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by wiwi45678

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Gives medium-full coverage, depending on the amount of layers. Blends like butter, very smooth and optimal for finger blending or using a brush/sponge. Tip: Blend quickly because it dries fast. Only needed a little amount to cover a wide range of face. Does not cake up, make face oily, and has wonderful staying power. Wide ranges of colors to choose from, has a "Gel" like feel in the glass container.
Really, truly gives a flawless finish. Almost an airbush look. I love this foundation and although I still use Neutrogena Foundation as my HG, I would use this if I wanted a flawless and full coverage look. Wonderful, a little pricey for a drugstore brand, but still a GREAT foundation for those who want a high-end fancy foundation for half the price.