September 2, 2014 | 1418 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by xo20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm pretty pleased with this foundation! The coverage is beautiful - can be built to your desired look depending what tool you use to apply it, and the finish is a soft satiny matte (nothing too matte or dry desert looking) so don't be afraid! I have an oily tzone and this combats my disgusting greasiness for a good 5-6 hours (I find myself repowdering with every foundation I use so it's not a dealbreaker by any means). The color selection is quite sad, but I work fine with Warm Golden (I'm nc30-nc35 with a strong yellow undertone). The packaging is a clunky pot, so not my first choice, but nothing I can't get over. Will def repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2014 2:53:00 AM More reviews by lushlife505

This is my go to foundation. I love it. I do wish the shades were more natural but they are workable. This is the ONLY foundation I have so far that works with my oily skin.
I top it off with some HD powder, usually elf, and it lasts all day. I still need to touch up due to slight oil break through once or twice but that is good compared to everything else I have tried. I usually have to touch up many many times during the day. Probably every hour with anything else. My oily skin usually breaks down the makeup and makes it look horrible but not with this. Just a little shine I can manage with blotting papers or powder and I am good all day long.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Sieppert94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have some of THE driest skin on the face of the earth, I'm sure. I've tried probably 5 foundations within the past couple weeks and this was the only one that didn't make me look so cakey! The liquid Colorstay formula for dry skin would hold onto my dry patches and looked awful. After some research I found out that creme foundation are a little more hydrating. I love the feel of it as it makes my skin feel very soft!

Although this is my miracle in a jar, you will have to do a little prep work to get this product to work for you.
Words of warning:
- Exfoliating is important. Always apply this product with a freshly washed and exfoilated face.

- If you have dry skin, be sure to moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! I use The Body Shop's body butter in Shea or coconut. (This product is NOT a face cream. However, I have tested it on my face with no signs of a reaction. Everyone is different so please try with caution! I would not recommend for people with sensitive skin.)

- Primer will help to spread this product with ease and stop it from creasing! I used Baby Skin by Maybelline.

- I blend this with a blender sponge (Quo makes a good one for $5 at Shoppers). But use whatever works best for YOU. I can never seem to blend foundation with a brush!

I wouldn't recommend this foundation for people with oily skin as it a tad oily. This foundation can give a bit of a shine but you can always apply your favorite powder overtop! :)

If your tired of trying 20 foundations that aren't working for your super dry skin, this is your best bet! Love love LOVE this product!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2014 4:34:00 PM More reviews by PandaMoo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was in love with the original Colorstay foundation and after experimenting with other brands for a while I saw this and thought "wow, $13...it MUST be good!". Well, to my disappointment, it was not as "wow" as I was hoping. I tried it in summertime and my dark spot/dark circle/oily skin just did not agree with it. After applying, it took a while to set and felt heavy on my face that did not completely go away when it did set. It looked cakey around and under my eyes and when you looked close at my face, it was totally obvious I had make up on.

HOWEVER, there were two pluses that earned it a "three lipstick" rating! One, it looks amazing in photographs. Two, it lasts ALL day - even after sweat and oil blots.

Overall, in the words of Clueless, it's a "full on Monet. From far away it looks fine but up close it's a big ol' mess!".

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 12:20:00 AM More reviews by siruhi

At first I have to say; with beautyblender(I use Real Techniques sponge though) I get very much better result and a different coverage.I applied this with L&Y large stippling brush and I was happy that it came with a good result; natural medium coverage,dewy finish and nice consistency of a product. But, when I second time applied it,did it with Real Techniques sponge and yes,it was a full coverage.Much like Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation,but more creamy and still more natural. At 7 hours it got a little bit shiny on the sides of my nose and forehead.I have acne-prone fair/ivory,caucasian skin and I bought this in 200 Sand Beige. It is same as ivory I think.On fall,winter and spring it is definitely correct color for my skin.But now that it's summer this can be a little bit on lighter side on my skin. I will still wear it as it is so good,I'm excited! I'm very happy that I bought this and will absolutely buy more when I run out =)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2014 9:16:00 AM More reviews by shabutey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Coverage: medium but buildable Consistency: thick, spongey cream Colour: I'm a NC25 and I have it in sand beige. It's almost a perfect match, just slightly too light, but it's not very noticeable. I will probably have to go a darker shade in summer though. Wear: lasts around 6-8 hours with no oilies (I tend to get oil breakthrough with foundations even though my skins not oily.) starts to lose its perfect look around the 7 hour mark, but still looks alright. I use it with Too faced primed and poreless primer and Rimmel silky loose powder underneath. Application: only need a tiny bit, very spreadable and melts into skin, no need to wait for it to dry. I use my fingers, as it's a cream foundation, a brush would waste a lot of product. I've heard of people getting good results with a beauty blender though. Finish: not matte or Dewey but a very natural "your skin but better" finish. very natural and soft to the touch. Does stick to dry patches on skin though Packaging: screw top jar isn't the most convenient or hygienic, however it's a cream foundation, it wouldn't work in a pump bottle so I guess this is why they've gone with a jar. I use a little plastic spoon to get it out. Overall, one of the best foundations I've used, it gives an almost flawless coverage with a very natural skin finish. I've never used a foundation that kept my oilies at bay for so long. It is silicone based, so make sure to get a silicone based primer to go with it! Beware if you have dry skin, I first tried this without a primer and it dried my skin out horribly for the next few days... so a good primer is a must.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 12:56:00 AM More reviews by emem054

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using this foundation on and off for the past 2.5 years. I have to say that I keep coming back to it, because it is the only decently priced foundation that doesn't break me out. I always experiment with others, but this is my "safe" foundation. I have worn this through two pregnancies, and my skin is starting to change and become more dry so I may have to change pretty soon :(.

Pros:
+ For the price, you get a lot of product.
+ Doesn't break me out.
+ It is nicely pigmented.
+ A little goes a long way, and the foundation covers nicely.
+ Doesn't oxidize on my skin.
+ Long-wearing.

Cons:
+ Packaging is bulky and inconvenient.
+ Packaging is unhygienic.

Overall, I love it and I have gone through 5 or so jars of it. The packaging is annoying but I usually just dab a clean finger in there to grab some product and put it on the back of my hand, similar to the liquid formula Colorstay.

Another good thing about Revlon is the sales and coupons - take advantage of them if you're scared to try this!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2014 10:40:00 PM More reviews by makeupgal718

Love the creamy whipped texture of this foundation. The best way of applying is with your fingers, the warmth from your hands just helps melt the product into your skin, appearing oh so flawless. However, I don't like how it comes off in pictures :( looks pasty and washed. In person thou, superb. I use color natural tan 370, maybe i should go a littler warmer.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2014 8:11:00 PM More reviews by starbuck777

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Edit*: A kind reviewer informed me there is salicylic acid in this, and that's why it makes me feel so awfully dry.

Okay, so I've been a colorstay girl for years. I ALWAYS want to leave, but after I buy a new high end foundation, I inevitably come back. And then I curse myself for ever waisting the money...

My skin is dry yet acne prone (won the genetic lottery, I know) and although mixing the regular colorstay with my shea moisturizer provides the best effect, I hate to say this whipped cream version LOOKS good, but my god I feel so freaking dry it makes me want to claw at my skin. Even after layering on rosehip seed oil (my HG). It honestly feels like a mask. I wonder if mixing it in a 50/50 ratio with a normal moisturizer would work... but the problem is I don't use my Positively Radiant Aveeno moisturizer anymore. That moisturizer mixed into Revlon colorstay ALWAYS LOOKED AMAZING. But sadly, I became more health conscious and didn't want to keep slathering my face in chemicals and endocrine disrupting soy products so I stopped this a few years ago. Now I only use products with natural oils and/or raw Shea face lotion from Chagrin Valley. You can mix in the latter, but only so much because the natural oils can make you look like a slip in slide.

Hence my search for a new day time moisturizer (that won't break me out or make me look like an oil slick) and my new search for a foundation also continues.

Ugh. I want to love this so much. Maybe I'm just having my first real reaction to a product ever? I mean, I've used the regular Revlon Colorstay for years... and that can totally feel too dry without mixing it with a moisturizer. But this seriously feels so tight and itchy. I can't wait to wash it off. Again, maybe I'll feel differently if I find a good moisturizer to mix it with though.

I'm giving it 4 stars because the look is a good medium-full, and I would totally wear it if I didn't feel like I was wearing uncomfortable clown makeup.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2014 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Kw153028

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation! It is long lasting and looks very smooth on the skin. For dry skin it just glides right over my dry patches. There are a few complaints: the packaging is very bulky and after I had been using it for a while the cap started cracking on the inside, so it would close, but the cap would come off if I just grabbed it. The shade range is terrible as well, I wear the darkest shade (caramel) in the summer which is comparable to nc42, so if your any darker you won't find a shade. This shade is also very yellow as well. I had too blend it quite a bit to make it work for my cool undertone skin. The shade rich ginger is my usual shade and is very pretty and works nicely.