Revlon ColorStay Whipped Crème Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

I thought the creme foundation would be a good match for my skin, which has some dry patches on my cheeks and around my eyes, but it seems to cling to them and make them appear even more flaky and rough. This goes on fairly smooth everywhere else, however, and has a nice silky finish. I have this in ivory, it matches quite well with my fair skin. I apply with my fingers and it blends well. The glass jar is quite nice, and it is easy to get product out of the jar - unless you have longer nails.

on 4/21/2015 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This review is for the 24 hour formula in Buff 150. Nope. Pretty much a repeat of my experience with the liquid 24 hour formula in Nude 200: caked, sat on top of my mature skin like a layer of lace, and showed every pore and fine line. Finish was too matte for me. On younger, firmer, oilier skin this might work extremely well. Too bad, I was really hoping I would like it as much as I did an earlier Colorstay formulation (from a couple of years ago).

on 4/21/2015 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Didn't go well with dry skin. Application is kind of a miserable affair.

on 4/21/2015 12:54:00 AM

This just did not work out for me. First of all, I picked out the shade "warm golden", which had a light, yellow-toned label on top of the lid that looked close to my skin tone. I opened it, and discovered instead, that the foundation was neutral to pink, and also darker than the label. I tried it anyways, thinking that the color might match better while it wears. It did not, the color was ashy, and made my complexion pink and very dull. Coverage was medium, and finish was semi-matte, with minimal shine, and almost 12hrs of oil control for my oiliest areas (combo-oily skin). However, this foundation has a base of dimethicone, which suffocates the skin and can cause irritation for sensitive skin, which explains why it broke me out on the cheeks within two days, where I almost never have acne. The texture reminds me of the NYX matte lip creams, which are easy to spread, and with almost too much slip, and take forever to set.

on 4/17/2015 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I really, really hate to be the one bursting the bubble for everyone reading the other glowing reviews for this product but I really just have not seen such a terrible product in the drugstore before, and I've used quite a few, so I just have to rant. I normally find something to love in everything, so I will say that I am happy that there are a considerable number of shades of this foundation, but it all ends there.
First of all, the packaging. I can go on and on about this one problem. First of all, for some reason I bought this before realizing that it wasn't even sealed and when I opened it, it was very obvious that someone had stuck their finger in it. I am something of a germaphobe but somehow I managed to ignore it and continued to use it and I'm still shocked at that. I couldn't return it anyway cause it had already been open. Anyway, I can't blame Revlon for that, that's just the Shoppers Drug Mart at Yorkdale in Toronto. Either way, the packaging is still horrible for the fact that you're continuously sticking your fingers in for months and months. Then there was the fact that the lid was defective. The inner part of it broke off gradually in the span of DAYS, so now the lid doesn't close on it, and every time I try to pick it up, I only end up grabbing the lid. It seems like a minor quibble but it isn't. And then there's the sheer size and weight of it. It looks nice (until your get foundation-finger prints all over it) but it's just too bulky and takes up too much space in my makeup storage. Not to mention the fact that the glass is so thick that it's hard to tell if the shade you've selected is OK for you. I ended up getting the wrong shade, and only later saw the really helpful review by a lovely MUA member (SunshineJoy) that'll help you find out your shade. The one I chose before seeing it was way too pink/beige for me and that somehow makes all the purplish scars on my yellow/golden-toned skin stand out even after covering them with concealer.
There is also the fact that this costs so much for less product than you normally get. I bought it for CAD23.00 + tax and it's only got about 0.8 fl oz, and the "standard" is about 1 fl oz. This is a drugstore foundation, so I would expect it to cost at least as much as L'Oreal's foundations.
The finish is awful, for me. the foundation itself is very thick and doesn't feel "whipped" at all, it feels like you've slapped clay on your face and it is festering. It does have decent coverage, but looks horribly cakey, and you'd think it keeps you matte, but it gets oily on me after about 3 hours.
To top it all off, this foundation sinks into and clogs all my pores. I wake up every morning after using this with a new bunch of pimples, and I'm usually extremely careful with taking off my makeup and using toner in the evening.
Oh, and by the way, Revlon tests on animals. I bought this before I started using cruelty-free makeup.
Like I said, I'm really sorry to sound so harsh but I hope this puts anyone reading this on their guard. I'm really not big on wasting makeup or money, so until I muster up the courage to throw this where it belongs, I will use it when I don't want to use my higher end foundations. If you want a good, cheaper foundation with a cream formula, I suggest Wet 'n' Wild Coverall Creme Foundation. For reference, I am NC30-35 and use the shade 330 Natural Beige, though I should be using 320 Warm Golden. I hope this works better for others than it did for me, or that I just got a dud or something.

on 4/14/2015 3:06:00 PM

This is my favorite foundation so far. I love the texture, it blends in well. It has amazing coverage and leaves a nice, satin finish on the skin. It also lasts all day! There isn't a very large selection of colors but luckily, I found my perfect match. I'm not crazy about the packaging, it's kind of bulky and not very travel friendly (can't fit it in my makeup bag). Overall, I love this foundation!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HOLY GRAIL!!!!!!

I'm almost done my first jar - which lasted 1.5 months. IT DOESN"T BREAK ME OUT.

I was beginning to think foundation just didn't work with my skin since I've tried so many:

Clinique acne solutions
Lancome Absolue Bx
Lancome Teint Miracle
Estee Lauder double wear and double wear light
MUFE HD
MUFE Mat Velvet
Revlon Colorstay (in the bottle)
L'oreal True Match
Dermablend Correction foundation
Derma blend Creme
Almay TLC
Urban Decay Naked Foundation
Alima Satin Mat Foundation (mineral)
Meow cosmetics (mineral)

I need a medium-full coverage foundation that lasts and isn't drying. According to some YouTuber this was rated pretty high for women with mature skin since it's moisturizing. The other colorstay wrecked havoc on my skin, so I was a bit nervous trying this out- but man am I glad I did!

PROS:
Perfect colour match (I use Buff 150 in both formulas).
Didn't irritate my super sensitive acne-prone skin
Moisturizing
Affordable and readily available
Looks natural
Doesn't accentuate pores or wrinkles
Buildable
Applies nicely with brush or fingers
Lasts over 8 hours
Doesn't need setting powder

CONS:
Heavy packaging
Unsanitary --- I tried my hardest to not dip my fingers in during the first couple weeks - but I ended up doing it anyway.... eeh
They should have a little spatula attached to the bottom of the lid that you can use to scoop the product out.
A little messy if you use fingers

on 4/3/2015 8:57:00 PM

My HG foundation!!!

I alternate between this and the colourstay liquid foundation for dry/normal skin.

This beautiful whipped cream foundation is my HG foundation. I use this when going out with friends, or to parties, or dinners, as it makes my skin look incredible and always lasts the whole night. It feels soft, moisturising, and I love the satin finish.

Highly recommend this foundation!
I know it's on the pricey side of foundations - but a little goes a looooong way and the pot will last you a long time.

Me: normal/dry skin, light/medium, age 25.

on 3/22/2015 2:30:00 PM

After years of using sunscreen mixed with foundation, a few years ago (when reaching 35) I had to switch to a medium-full coverage foundation, able to cover hyperpigmentation, with a good staying power but light enough to look like skin.

I read and watched lots of good reviews on both the Colorstay Liquid Foundation and Whipped Cream, being the latter the one I bought as I prefer cream/ mousse textures.

I was pleasantly surprised by the consistency, coverage and lasting power but not so much about the color range. I´ve always struggled trying to find a perfect match for my complexion, as it is fair-medium with evident yellow undertones.
At my first attempt, I bought Natural Beige and mixed it with yellow eyeshadow. The results were a little darker than expected and slightly cakey if not blended enough with the yellow powder. At the second, I found Natural Ochre, which happened to be a perfect match.

Now, I use the darker shade just on the cheeks, were the hyperpigmentation is and the lighter shade to cover the rest of the face.

I use it over moisturizing sunscreen after it has set and depending on the coverage I need, I apply it with fingers -for light-medium/ coverage- or with a brush and set it with rose water, patting gently with a sponge -for medium/ full coverage-.

I still want to try Missha BB cream, Kevyn Aucoin Skin Enhancer and maybe this "new generation" tint foundations. If they are not good enough to match or surpass the results of this one, I will stay with this foundation as my HG.

on 3/21/2015 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

after my first day using this foundation, i'm really impressed with it. the coverage is surprisingly very buildable. one layer wasn't quite enough coverage for me so i put on another layer which gave me like medium-almost-full coverage. basically it evened out my skin tone really nicely and concealed most redness, but i still had to use concealer for my acne. i used the real techniques expert face brush to blend it in and it went on soooo smooth. nothing else i have used has made my face look so smooth and soft, especially considering how much of it i put on! the cream has such a beautiful texture. it's totally mattifying without looking dull. and it's very long-lasting; after setting with powder i have not had to blot or touch up all day, even though i have very oily skin and my makeup typically starts slipping around midday. this foundation is a little pricey in my opinion but it's incredible quality and you get a decent amount. the packaging is really nice too, it makes me feel a little fancy lol. overall just a great foundation, i'm so pleased with it.