April 20, 2014 | 1510 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by meganlovesyou97

I have oily skin so I thought this "creme makeup" would slide all over my face, but this stays put all day. Has great coverage and a nice texture and I'm just absolutely in love!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by SusieQ1970

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I looooove this product! The only reason I didn't give it 5's all around is because the coverage is good, but not really buildable to me. First off, let me say that I still love and use the original Colorstay Liquid but I am so glad I ignored the bad reviews and tried the cream version too! The colors seem to run a little lighter than the liquid and look darker in the jar so keep that in mind when you are trying to match your skin tone. The colors are quite forgiving though. I love the heavy glass jar, it feels elegant and expensive to me. What I like about this so much that differs from the liquid is that it goes on like a dream! I don't need a primer at all, I just rub it in with my fingers and it fills in all my large pores and my skin looks flawless, even more so than with the liquid. You have a lot of play time with this too because it does not set as quickly as the liquid. In fact, it seems that if I didn't powder, it would stay dewey. You will need a concealer for heavy coverage areas because it just doesn't seem to build up well. I have EXTREMELY oily skin and was hesitant when I first felt how creamy it was on my skin, but once I set it with powder, like Dermablend or Kryolan anti-shine, I find that somehow, my face stays more matte than with the original liquid formula. It doesn't make sense to me, but it's true. Everyone tells me that my skin is beautiful, especially for my age and I believe it's the illusion that this makeup creates. I didn't think I would ever love anything more than the original Colorstay but this may me my Holy Grail foundation. The only thing I have yet to determine, is if it will be as sweat proof as the liquid when the southern temperatures reach the 90's and above. Summer's on it's way so I will let you know :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2014 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Jennirocketz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought it because everyone was raving about it and frankly I felt the need to buy it (lol).. Anyways the consistency in the jar is very vey thick, but once you smooth is on your face or on the back of your hand it feels whipped/mousey like (well as described hahaha). I have a love/hate relationship with this foundation, why? Well its thick but goes on smoothly but if you apply too much it get cakey also it dries really quick so its easier to apply it by areas. My fingers have worked very well as the applying tool but I prefer my sigma F80 (synthetic flat top kabuki brush). Now the summary:

Pros:
Covers well
Nice consistency
A little goes a very looooong way
Good value for the price and formulation
Nice jar luxurious looking packaging
Plastic protector inside
Does not dry up in jar
Perfect for combo/oily or oily to very oily skin types
Great for summer

Cons:

Smells odd, very plasticly and chemical. Its not overwhelming, its just not pleasant
You need to work fast or by areas as it tends to set up quickly
Has a weird sticky finish but not like glue it just doesn't seem to set
Color range is poor. Especially for those with warm/yellow undertones and dark skin tones.
No SPF (which can be good for pictures)
Tends to sink into pores

Overall:

I would buy it again if their where more colors to pick from!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/15/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by maye8384

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This foundation... I don't even know how to explain it! Normally I don't purchase drugstore foundations, my HG is Estee Lauder Double Wear, but I heard so many YouTube Gurus talking about this and I just had to try it out!

Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme claims "Finally, truly decadent makeup offers ultimate performance. The mousse-like texture feels like silk on your skin. And, the time release formula balances skin for a flawless look. All day flexible wear without flaking, caking or feeling heavy."

And the description couldn't be more incorrect! The texture of this foundation is really interesting, it looks like a liquidy mousse, but is actuallly very thick. It kind of feels like putting spackle on your face. While you don't need a lot to cover, it looks cakey immediately on contact with your face. It really accentuates ANY dry patches you might have, I personally have combination skin, and don't have dry patches, but this makes me look like I do! (This happened with NARS Sheer Glow as well) It accentuates every pore, with or without a primer underneath. Also, it transfers like crazy. Just barely touching something, your face will rub off...

As some reviewers mentioned previously, the color is so strange. There isn't a great color selection to begin with, but I chose Buff because Ivory looked incredibly pink! I have neutral/warm undertones (NC15 or 1N1) and prefer a foundation that is more yellow-based. Colorstay whipped seems to be so neutral there isn't an undertone, or almost a grey undertone. Whatever it is, it makes my face look so sallow that until I use a bronzer, I resemble a corpse! Something else which was strange is that it's really difficult to apply product over this foundation (like contour or blush), it seems to be sticky, and your blush just gets absorbed into the foundation on your face. I've tried this with primer, powder, no primer, no powder, and I just can't get it to work for me.

The packaging is horrible, it's a big clunky glass jar with a plastic insert inside. When you first open it and remove the plastic insert the jar looks pretty much empty! There's lots on the insert, but it's really a nuisance to try and remove that every time, and hold it to use the product from the top (especially if you have long fingernails like me). The top didn't break for me, but I am very careful with my makeup, and didn't keep it long enough to have it break.

The ONLY good thing about this foundation is the oil-controlling capabilities it has. It's not amazing, but it will keep me matte for about 4 hours. However, that's not going to work if your face looks like it's flaking off all over the place. I would never reccommend this to anyone, and I was able to return it (thankfully).

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Crackleball

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This clings to dry patches like no other! Even when I exfoliate, hydrate, and moisturize my skin to heck and back and cannot see any dryness in a magnifying mirror, all I have to do is try to apply this stuff and BAM instant flakie mess. It's so strange!

I've tried every single way to apply it as well, because it was a pretty pricey purchase, but it's still a mess for me. Too bad I bought it on vacation or I'd absolutely take it back!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2014 12:59:00 AM More reviews by bhartman95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have pretty dry skin and like creme foundations because they tend to be a bit more moisturizing for me. I had been using Covergirl with Olay creme foundation and liked it but didn't love it, so I decided to try this one. It is worse for my skin than the Covergirl one and for $15 I thought it would be a bit nicer. It might work with other skin tines but with my dry skin it settles into my pores, around dead skin, and makes my skin look dryer and less healthy than it actually is. Will not be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by hawiinlove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this foundation since I came out. I usually use the medium beige during the winter spring season, and the the early tan for the summer fall. I love the coverage and can build it up pretty well. As for packaging it's bulky and the cover breaks pretty easily otherwise I love it. It's my HG for foundations. I've found that it's not the best summer foundation, but I usually mix it with a bb cream and some de slick and I'm good to go. Overall I give 5 lippies and will buy again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by ninaeaster

I really enjoy all the revlon foundations I have tried. They provide the coverage I like and stay all day.
Pros:
color match is perfect for my pasty irish skin
Covers my acne scars and redness
Nice satin finish
Stays a full 8-9 hours
applies easily

Cons:
Price is a little high for a drugstore foundation

I will definitely repurchase

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by ohdrdoctor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I love the finish and feel of this foundation. It's pretty decent coverage and works into the skin nicely. It definitely transfers and doesn't hold up to heat well. I have rubbed some of my "face" off on plenty of shirts this way. I think the color selection is pretty lacking and packaging (while pretty) is also cumbersome and impractical.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 9:59:00 AM More reviews by Pjewell

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this foundation. It provides great coverage and a dewy finish. I do not care for having to dip my hands into the jar so I use a Q Tip. Have used dozens of different foundations and this one is my favorite.