October 2, 2014 | 1021 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Expert Face Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by katy42

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been coming across so many great reviews of this brush everywhere that I had to buy it, even though I've recently and happily rediscovered powder foundation (MAC Studiofix).
It really does live up to the hype! I tried it out with my liquid foundation and couldn't believe the flawless, even finish. This brush does all the work - gets into every area of the face, and no need to pat it down with fingers afterwards. Washes easily and dries in a few hours.
The quality is amazing particularly at around 10/$10 and worth buying even if you only use liquid or cream foundation occasionally (although from reviews I've read it seems to work just as well with powders and other products).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2014 11:02:00 PM More reviews by NatalieJ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Good points - love the texture on the handle, the way the bristles fit in the crannies, and the flat end on the handle so you can stand it on end. Less great - I don't like it as well as the EcoTools Bamboo Buffing Brush, which is a flat-top but blends better than this one. I do like this RT brush, but will when it's time, I'll replace with the EcoTools.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by Formerann83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

OMG I love this brush! I've been using my hands to apply my liquid foundation for 5+ years and am a convert now. Got it cheap from Target....best purchase ever I'm going to buy another in fear that they will one day be discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2014 4:40:00 PM More reviews by MikaVick94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a great brush for pressing In foundation, it may take me a while longer to do my face routine but this makes makeup really sink into the skin and not look fake, but somewhat natural. it is very dense and somewhat curved on the outside and this does make my lower coverage foundations build and looks beautiful. I definetly reccomend this brush its a good price and good quality.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2014 1:57:00 PM More reviews by korean

nice brush. no shedding. very dense. not scratchy. impressive for the price. good for buffing in thicker foundation. I got it on amazon. I do tend to use the buffing brush more than this one because this one is soo dense ,for me it requires a lighter hand when buffing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 5:31:00 AM More reviews by shoppingproblem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i really really love this brush. it is soft, easy to clean, inexpensive and it gives you flawless finish with foundation, tinted moisturizer, bb cream. i even tried this for contouring when i was travelling and forgot my contour brush and the result was not bad at all. i use this everyday with my garnier bb cream or l'oreal lumi magique foundation and i love the results. for me it is the second best brush ever and the first one is deluxe crease brush by rt. rt brushes are generally very good quality for good value. i have been using expert face brush for about 6 months now and i haven't seen a single hair falling off. if anything happens to this brush i'm definitely buying again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2014 6:23:00 PM More reviews by thatpoisonivy1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this brush, and am so ecstatic that I bought it! It's just sturdy enough for me to contour my face with and is very conveniently soft on my skin! I paid about $8.99 for it, a little moderate on the price, but then again-you pay for quality when it comes to brushes! I haven't had any shedding hairs yet, and I hope not to see any anytime soon!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2014 1:15:00 AM More reviews by CatjeRom

Absolutely amazing brush, great quality, applies almost every product perfectly even and smooth on the skin, I use this for my liquid foundation, setting powder and contouring. Would buy a 100 if I could! <3

rated 2 of 5 on 8/17/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Xnaomi96x

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This was the first RT brush I purchased and to be honest I don't really know what I can use this brush for, obviously my first thought was foundation but I found it gave me hardly any coverage just sort of buffed my foundation out to nothing so it now just sits in my makeup bag, I definitely don't find it very useful for foundation at all .

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2014 1:05:00 PM More reviews by goodtiger

My nu favorite brush!

I use this with my Bobbi Brown Skin Stick fdtn right from the tube and buff it on in little circles. Its very dense yet soft and fluffy. Does not irritate my sensitive skin one bit. Always perfect/always easy. It cleans and dries like a dream, stands on its little heiny if you need it to and looks so pretty! Synthetic, so no squirrels were harmed.

I tried Tom Ford's Cream Fdtn brush ($72) for his stick ($80) and cream ($80) fdtns and found the brush and the fdtns to be pure hype for me - not at all worth the price - RT is much better and doesnt have the TF$ shedding problem.

Ulta and iHerb carry this brush for $9 USD.

RT + BB = winning combination for me.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No