August 29, 2014 | 1364 users online

Eye Shadow - E.L.F. - 144-Piece Ultimate Eyeshadow Palette

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by raspberryxwine

I was pretty surprised with this palette actually. There is a good array of colors, although I find some of them unusable because I would never be seen wearing such a hideous color (the chalky hot pink for example.)

The colors I do like to wear are nice, even though most of the shimmer colors tend to either go on really light or too opaque. I can usually find something in this palette that I like to try on different days, but usually I find myself going for the same colors since they are the most flattering on me.

Not a bad purchase, but I think that there's a too many ugly colors here for me to use. Keep the gawdy stuff out next time you guys make this palette.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by xYvettex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I ordered the palette online after seeing good reviews. I also ordered the geometric 150 eyeshadow palette as well. I am very disappointed. The eyeshadows are ok nothing great. The pigment is ok but only work with a good primer also about half or more are very chalky. BEWARE it has parabens, mineral oil , the works. For that reason I'd rather stick with tarte eyeshadows or high end eyeshadows from Sephora that don't contain all that junk, a bit pricey but way worth it. I sold my palettes...I wasn't about to put that junk on my eyelids!!!! freakin get a reaction and look like I have styes! Oh also it stinks like spray paint!!!!! So much for lavish reviews and features in magazines they should be ashamed!!!!! E.L.F should take note .

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2013 10:48:00 PM More reviews by teenageedirtbag

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm pleasantly surprised with this palette. 144 colors for $15, you can't beat that. The colors are very pigmented and i'm darker skinned so thats a plus. The only thing is that it's kinda messy and leaves excess eyeshadow that you have to sweep away. Also I wish it was more convenient and easy to hold. It's very big. Other than that, great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by thesunshinekid

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Nice pallette. Good color pay off. Some are too "shimmery" for my taste but not a big deal. Worth the $10 I paid for it. Nice to have in my collection. Comes in handy for prom and other formal events.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/30/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by Rabdaddy

Not the best pigmentation. However, I repeatedly buy this palette for everyday wear and keep the expensive goodies for when I need staying power. Really good assortment for experimenting. Primer is a must. The neutral shades and metallics are probably the best.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2013 3:21:00 AM More reviews by Casey252

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Absolutely good for beginners, Eye Shadow - E.L.F. - 144-Piece Ultimate Eyeshadow Palette is best at its price for beginners to learn some eye shadow techniques and brushing technique. It is available on direct bargains all the time. It is worth spending $15 on it before you can jump to expensive on like Dior. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by BeautysWithin16

So i bought this when it was on sale on ELFs website for $15 or i wouldn't have bought it otherwise. Some of the colors are not very pigmented and some are very chalky to the touch. When i do use this palette i usually have to switch between brush and using a clean finger, because the brush will sometimes not pick up enough color so i will use my finger instead, most of the colors have nice color pay off and look good swatched but don't transfer to a brush well, so it really depends on the color you choose to use, i think the best option is to try the sponge applicators that come in little baggies at the dollar store or in a eyeshadow you may buy at target or something by like Maybelline.
Other than the chalkiness and some less pigmented colors i do recommend this for beginners, i know that my 13 year old cousin would love this because she is starting to be interested in make up!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Mayasboutique

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

THis product is great for beginners who want to experiment. I love the wide variety of colors and think this is a great product to have. I would recommend getting this because it's very, expensive, and comes in a lot of good colors.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2013 2:39:00 PM More reviews by Kica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall I think this is the perfect palette for beginners and you really have to use a primer to see color payoff for this. These shadows are too chalky for my taste. But like I said for those just beginning to wear eyeshadow it's a perfect way to master using your brushes and how to combine eye shadow colors and make different looks before stepping up to the big girl/grown woman and more expensive shadows of say Urban Decay (my all time fave shadows) or Dior.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2013 7:09:00 PM More reviews by cici132013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I bought this because I was in need for a neutral palette with some good matte shades in it, and I was not willing to spend $50 on the naked palette. When I found out elf had one for only $15, I was bouncing off the roof!

PROS:
Sleek packaging, lid is clear so you can see the colors
Shimmery shades have great quality
144 colors to choose from
Has plum and smokey shades, not all just brown
Some dupes for the Naked palette

CONS:
Matte shades have barley any pigment
There are some colors that are the same
Crease really badly if you don't use a primer
Some colors have a chalky consistency

Overall, I do like this, I feel like I wouldn't have to repurchase this for a while because there are so many colors. I am disappointed that the matte shades have nearly no opacity, for that was the thing I was looking most forward to. Do I think there are great dupes as far as colors go? Yes. As far as quality? No. But, I would go and test it out for yourself, since it is dirt cheap.