E.L.F. 144-Piece Ultimate Eyeshadow Palette

3.8

on 3/19/2015 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

According to elf reps (telephone call), the 144 Neutral is DC. They still offer the 144 bright & another 144 which the lady called "earthen/smoky" colors (heavy on burgundy, navy, lotsa green, purple, grey, a few rows of neutrals from what I can tell on the website/the SA's description). So I went onto good old Amazon who still has it (one left people ONE!) so I got the Neutral 144 & when it came the cover was a little scratched up & the 1 hinge looks a little iffy. At least none of the pans were broken which was what worried me most after reading Amazon reviews. Mine was $15 but as soon as I bought it I went back out of curiosity to look if it was gonna still be avail, it is for $36.99 now! Ha!! I got very lucky :) anyways I wish I has gotten this b4 spending all that money on the Nakeds franchise coz let me tell u the neutral 144 (haven't tried their 2 others no real desire to also this amount of colors would last me till I'm 100 yrs old lol), these shadows have matte, satin, shimmer, & I caught a few w minimal glitter. They wear for a long time w primer. I use elf primer either the white one or the flesh toned one in a wand form. I've also used UDPP w good luck but why waste UDPP if I'm having good results w the elf primer. There is every conceivable neutral color in this palette can u even imagine trying to come up w that many neutral colors mustve been pretty difficult as not to make a whole bunch of repeats. This is my fave e/s palette atm! If ur careful it's travel friendly by car & lovely to have soooo many colors right at hand but I wouldnt want to take it on an airplane for fear it may pulverize all over my suitcase & ruin my clothes! This palette woild be the Bomb gift for a tween or young lady/young queen to experiment with all of those colors. Ur getting ur money's worth coz each pan is as big if not a tinge bigger than Coastal Scents/BHC (but theirs are round). I encourage anybody who is on makeup budget, has/is a tween just getting started or a HE connessuer to see what's on elf's website, U may be very pleasantly surprised! i am a huge elf fan & a lot of it is as good as some of the higher end drugstore store (Loreal, Revlon) definitely & even as good as some of my real high end stuff' and elf is cruelty-free which is awesome. This palette looks even more impressive in real life the pix don't do it justice. So if ur looking for a quality massive palette I'd so get elf rather than Coastal Scents/BHC/cheap no name Chinese Amazon palettes. And u can make so many looks i like to go do my version of Kim K w this palette & top of off w elf Natural Nymph lipstick, I kno I'm a little behind the trend but it's still so versatile from casual day grocery shopping to a prom this palette woild serve you well. If you are a sucker for palettes u need this....usually I buy a palette & there'd be some strange thot color staring back at me (electric blue), but not a single dud in the neutral 144! I love this palette!

on 10/26/2014 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

yay:

-ONE HUNDRED AND FOURTY FOUR PLAYTHINGS FOR THE PRICE OF LIKE THREE HAPPY MEALS I ONLY HAD TO GO HUNGRY LIKE THREE DAYS TO BUY THIS HOORAY
-tons of different colors, not too many repeats
-mostly good formula
-lasts all day w primer
-dupe city
-did I mention 144 colors for $15??
-you could basically make any neutral or smokey look with this, except there's no crease shade

nay:

-packaging broke in .6 days
-some of the shimmery ones are almost too creamy, kinda like the wet n wild ones, they break up quickly
-some of the mattes aren't pigmented and are rough
-each pan is so baby
-many of the mattes aren't true to color
-not a single crease shade (at least for dark/medium skin tones)
-the mattes are like the urban decay naked palette mattes: not matte. so close to matte, so close, but they have lil shimmers. smh. those makeup makers do love their unnecessary shimmer

ps: with the bad packaging it was obvious I needed to depot, but the whole palette is one piece and each shadow pan is snug to the plastic around it. i had almost given up when.... 1. heat the palette over a straightening iron, with aluminum foil between the iron and the palette 2. take a thumb tack and put it on the floor 3. place the pan you are depotting over it 4. put the lid on the palette and press down, it should bend the plastic so the metal pan comes out

I was pretty surprised with this palette actually. There is a good array of colors, although I find some of them unusable because I would never be seen wearing such a hideous color (the chalky hot pink for example.)

The colors I do like to wear are nice, even though most of the shimmer colors tend to either go on really light or too opaque. I can usually find something in this palette that I like to try on different days, but usually I find myself going for the same colors since they are the most flattering on me.

Not a bad purchase, but I think that there's a too many ugly colors here for me to use. Keep the gawdy stuff out next time you guys make this palette.

on 11/17/2013 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I ordered the palette online after seeing good reviews. I also ordered the geometric 150 eyeshadow palette as well. I am very disappointed. The eyeshadows are ok nothing great. The pigment is ok but only work with a good primer also about half or more are very chalky. BEWARE it has parabens, mineral oil , the works. For that reason I'd rather stick with tarte eyeshadows or high end eyeshadows from Sephora that don't contain all that junk, a bit pricey but way worth it. I sold my palettes...I wasn't about to put that junk on my eyelids!!!! freakin get a reaction and look like I have styes! Oh also it stinks like spray paint!!!!! So much for lavish reviews and features in magazines they should be ashamed!!!!! E.L.F should take note .

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I'm pleasantly surprised with this palette. 144 colors for $15, you can't beat that. The colors are very pigmented and i'm darker skinned so thats a plus. The only thing is that it's kinda messy and leaves excess eyeshadow that you have to sweep away. Also I wish it was more convenient and easy to hold. It's very big. Other than that, great product.

Nice pallette. Good color pay off. Some are too "shimmery" for my taste but not a big deal. Worth the $10 I paid for it. Nice to have in my collection. Comes in handy for prom and other formal events.

on 5/30/2013 1:19:00 PM

Not the best pigmentation. However, I repeatedly buy this palette for everyday wear and keep the expensive goodies for when I need staying power. Really good assortment for experimenting. Primer is a must. The neutral shades and metallics are probably the best.

on 5/20/2013 3:21:00 AM

Absolutely good for beginners, Eye Shadow - E.L.F. - 144-Piece Ultimate Eyeshadow Palette is best at its price for beginners to learn some eye shadow techniques and brushing technique. It is available on direct bargains all the time. It is worth spending $15 on it before you can jump to expensive on like Dior. continued >>

So i bought this when it was on sale on ELFs website for $15 or i wouldn't have bought it otherwise. Some of the colors are not very pigmented and some are very chalky to the touch. When i do use this palette i usually have to switch between brush and using a clean finger, because the brush will sometimes not pick up enough color so i will use my finger instead, most of the colors have nice color pay off and look good swatched but don't transfer to a brush well, so it really depends on the color you choose to use, i think the best option is to try the sponge applicators that come in little baggies at the dollar store or in a eyeshadow you may buy at target or something by like Maybelline.
Other than the chalkiness and some less pigmented colors i do recommend this for beginners, i know that my 13 year old cousin would love this because she is starting to be interested in make up!

THis product is great for beginners who want to experiment. I love the wide variety of colors and think this is a great product to have. I would recommend getting this because it's very, expensive, and comes in a lot of good colors.