September 2, 2014 | 1651 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2014 6:15:00 PM More reviews by leavingthingsbehind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am seriously not that impressed with this product from NARS. My shade is Alaska (Light2) and it is a perfect match indeed for my fair, yellow based skin tone. I have however two main gripes with this product:
- sunscreen (ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate is the main sunscreen here - it is not a photostable sunscreen so in theory you should be reapplying your tinted moisturiser every 2 hours to retain the sunscreen factor stated on the packaging. PA+++ ? I don't think so.)
- the packaging - a black flip top tube with large brand's logo is visually appealing until one tries to open it without ruining a manicure - while you are fighting with an awkward opening of the tube, the product will squirt uncontrollably out of the packaging dirtying everything.

I am quite happy with how it looks on my skin for first couple of hours (I have seriously dehydrated skin and I thought it would be perfect). Gives me a dewy, perfected look, but my t zone requires powdering which kills off all the glow that I am getting from the product. It is perfumed but I did not have any reaction to the fragrance in it. I am suspecting it is a culprit of some blemishes on my cheeks, forehead and nose after wearing this product on my face for three days straight for more than 10 hours a day (I work loooong hours sometimes). I have not had any reaction like this after my usual Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua foundation (worn over a double layer of Avene sunscreen) or YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat/Encre de Peau, L'Oreal Nude Magique etc. I double cleanse at night.

Also beware if you are hugging your boyfriend or husband as it is transferable and not long lasting.

I will not buy it again, quite frankly it is an average product.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2014 12:03:00 AM More reviews by AhnaLeesa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have been surprisingly happy with this foundation. perfect for these hot summers. slides on and blends so well. i layer it on in the areas where my skin is more red, and it does a great job concealing these areas. i noticed my usual clogged pores are gone now that ive switched from a heavier foundation.
would buy again. highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Jen283

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is amazing for everyday wear. If you don't normally like tinted moisturizers because they're too sheer, then this is for you. It's more like a really moisturizing light foundation. The wear time is really great for what it is, and I just like it for everyday because it isn't harsh on the skin. I wear the shade Alaska which matches up to nc 20-25 really nicely. I actually blend this in with a brush instead of using my fingers abd it's just enough coverage for most of my face, and then I highlight/conceal where I need it. It smells great too!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 4:18:00 AM More reviews by chantel1995

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am very very impressed with this product!

I use it with a RT stippling brush, and also sometimes apply it with the nars primer (light reflecting one) that gives it a lovely glow.

I use this everyday for work, as it take less that a minute for me to apply.

Coverage is excellent for being a tinted moisturizer.

I brought this nearly a year ago, and I reckon I am only half way through. Very very very impressed!

I am in the colour St Mortiz and It suits my winter shade (pale) and summer shade (where I go very dark). I will be buying this product again when it runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 3:28:00 PM More reviews by mandagangsta20

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This stuff is DA BOMB DIGGITY!! So I was in Sephora and I wanted to try a good tinted moisturizer for when I want to go natural on my skin or when its good, (you know what I'm saying?) as I have given up on BB creams. I had a little trouble trying to find a good match but that's just me with my odd skin colour. (I have, like, the exact skin colour as missglamorazzi on Youtube) I ended up with Groenland and its a pretty good match for me, but just a tiny bit cool toned for my skin but, eh, what can you do? This is also not supposed to have great coverage and keep you matte; it's supposed to look natural and dewy. I will say again that I have oily skin and by the end of the day, I was oily but I didn't feel greasy or gross! This stuff is great for any skin type and I think you get exactly what it claims. Oh! This also didn't break me out!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 10:07:00 AM More reviews by livefaststaypretty

I love the texture of this tinted moisturizer. I use Groenland, which is a great match for my NC25 skin, and it gives more coverage than other tinted moisturizers I've tried - I use it instead of foundation, with just a dab of concealer under my eyes and a translucent powder to tone down any shine (but that said - my T-zone is prone to shine, but find it's much better with this product than many others I've tried, including Lancome, Clinique and various CC creams!). At the same time, it's never left my skin feeling dry. Very happy!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 1:48:00 AM More reviews by brodisears

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product has changed my life! It's lightweight, easy to apply and lasts without creasing or separating.

Obviously being a tinted moisturiser, you're not going to get full coverage but it's surprisingly buildable. I prefer to wear it sheer (so it still looks like my skin, only better), but if I have any imperfections that I'd like to hide or if I want more coverage because I'm going out after work, I can easily achieve a fantastic medium coverage without it looking cakey.

I have combination skin and find that regardless of what I have on my face, throughout the day my T-zone can get quite oily. As a moisturiser (although oil-free) I still expected this product to enhance that oiliness or at least not last around those areas, but I was pleasantly surprised by the finish. It reduced redness and brightened my skin. It is the perfect base for my basic every day look.

I will buy this product again and again!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Rhonda2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've used this 4 weeks and it has FAILED to lighten the few dark spots I have. So obviously I didn't make that percentage of people on the website who had that positive experience. However, this does really brighten my face.

I used CUBA and it matched my nw35 and vallaurus(sp) shade in sheer glow tone. Since this tinted moisturizer is sheer I am able to pull off the neutral yellow tone in this (I have deep pink tones but this worked).

Bottom line is that it is a tinted moisturizer that really brightens the face in a youthful way. I used a different foundation today, and noticed immediately that my face looks fresher and brighter with the Nars tinted moisturizer. For that reason, I would repurchase, but I wouldn't bank on the other promises with this one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by tabloid

This is definitely not for anyone with oily or oily-combination skin. I applied it in the morning and a couple of hours later, my skin looked very shiny - and not just in the oily T-zone section. I do think it would be a terrific prodcut for anyone with dry or dry-combination skin, though. The texture is creamy and it applies very easily and smoothly, giving very good coverage for such a lightweight product.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2014 9:03:00 AM More reviews by mommadukes

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this tinted moisturizer after seeing my daughter's face looking spectacular. Granted she is 32 and looks great anyway....but had to try it. I have used many other brands including Stila and Laurie Mercier. Not a fan of either. Perhaps it is because my skin has changed as I have gotten older (but better lol). I love the Nars TM. The consistency is creamy and leaves your face looking natural and dewey. The best part is it does not break me out. I have very sensitive skin- because of that I do apply Cetaphil moisturizer to my face first.
Love the look - very impressed with Nars products in general.