October 24, 2014 | 1926 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2014 2:53:00 AM More reviews by FaintingGoat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best foundations I have ever used. The finish is quite natural, evens out skin tone and reduces the appearance of pores without looking like I have any foundation on (in a good way). It's SPF 30 and moisturizing enough for my combination (oily T-zone, normal everywhere else) skin that I can just slap this on my face after applying serum and it's done.

I deducted a star because there wasn't a color that matches exactly to my skin. My skin color is somewhere between Finland and Alaska, so I ended up buying both. Both colors are supposed to be for someone with neutral skin tone (both yellow and red), and while I agree that to be true for Finland (peachy), I think Alaska leans a little more yellow than neutral. My skin color is peachy skin tone that is just a tad bit darker than Finland so I use Alaska to darken the foundation a bit. But the finish is sheer enough that I can probably get away with using just Alaska in the future.

Will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2014 7:26:00 AM More reviews by 4ever29

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really do love this tinted moisturizer, gives coverage and lets your own skin shine through for a wonderful radiant look. Good for a natural glow, BUT I can not find a shade match. Every color has a strong yellow base and I am a cool coloring with a little pink in my skin so it looks very off compared to my neck/chest, not bringing my foundation all the way to my cleavage!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by jasmine915

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used the LM tm and love it, but I wanted to try this too. I was hoping not to like it and make my choice easier, but that is not the case. I love the NARS tm!! I am NW 20 with dry/normal skin. It stays on all day (with primer), goes on smooth and looks like perfect skin. I bought the shade Terre Neuve and it looks perfect. It's comparable in price to the Laura Mercier tm, so not too pricey.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2014 12:56:00 PM More reviews by iJulianne

I absolutely love this product and have been using it for two years now. As with most NARS products it is so richly pigmented it provides amazing coverage--even covers my light melanoma. Even though the packaging does not indicate SPF (due to Canadian regulations), the SPF 30 provides great protection from the sun. I also use YSL foundation and use the NARS Tinted Moisturizer for a no-makeup look on the weekend, but I love it so much I am now using it as my primary foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this - it's more of a light foundation compared to mercier. The color Alaska fits my nw/nc20 skin to a T. It's yellow based which I love to counter the red in my skin. Like I said high coverage for a TM and great sun protection! Lasts all day w a light powdering. I wouldn't go nuts on the powder or the nice finish will be too matted. Not as dewy on me as mercier original. This is oil free. I do feel like I need some bronzer/hilighter and stuff w this, wherein LM I feel lets my natural radiance shine thru. Good stuff smells like creamsicles and I'll repurchase! Oh and being a TM obviously you'll need to conceal under the eye/redness etc. For this I use my undercover pot by LM.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2014 8:50:00 AM More reviews by sbender

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this tinted moisturizer -- my favorite so far. The best tinted moisturizer I have ever tried/used/owned. Yes, it is expensive, but it is very concentrated, and a tube lasts forever. The coverage is excellent for a tinted moisturizer, and it is long-lasting on my combination skin. The shade "Terre Neuve" is neutral, and perfect for my neutral skin tone. "Alaska" is too dark and yellow, and "Finland" is similar to "Terre Neuve", but it is more yellow. Besides, the sufficient UVA and UVB protection is a huge plus.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2014 8:27:00 AM More reviews by lessismore3

Love this tinted moisturiser! Perfect match to my skin and looks beautiful on the skin, very natural and dewy. I know some people don't like that look, but I do.
It is my go to weekend look when I don't feel like putting on a whole face of make up. It doesn't last particularly long (e.g by the time I get home on a Saturday afternoon it looks faded) but that is what you would expect for a tinted moisturiser.

Looks gorgeous on its own or under foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by MzCat

I have this in Alaska and overall I do like it a lot. I wish there was a slightly darker yellow shade, but I tried a sample of St. Moritz and it was WAY too dark on me so Alaska it is. It is awesome for just evening out skin and giving a glowy look. I love it especially in the summer, sometimes it is harder to use in the winter because of my dry flakey skin so I have to make sure I moisturize well first. It gets really oily so I always follow up by buffing on MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium to set it and then I'm good for the whole day! Even after a full day of work and then going to the gym afterwards. I'm almost done my first tube and will rebuy.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by weirdhologurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Finally a product that matches my skintone!! I wear this in the shade Cuba. Great for everyday wear, light and non greasy/heavy feeling. You can build this up for medium coverage if desired, but light enough to let natural moles/freckles come through if desired. May need to be touched up after 8 hours+ wear if you are going from your job to night out.

Also it has SPF, a great skincare bonus imo.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/17/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Phivu

This tinted moisturizer has a great light yet some what covering consistency. But it is very dewy, if you have oily skin, stay away from this, it'll just make your skin more oily. It looks good for the first few minutes of putting it on, put it has to much shine. Very natural and smooth finsih though that I love. Better for dry skin. The color I have is pretty warm and orange. Not a lot of coverage. But provides some.