February 1, 2015 | 2061 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Revlon - PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (color 001)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2015 6:47:00 AM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Revlon's PHOTOREADY range is now infamous for the 'Sparkles' the formulas contain. But the fine particles mainly reflect the light, so they honestly aren't very noticeable, you have to hold a mirror inches from your face to be able to see them. The primer also works by filling in and evening out the surface of your skin leaving fine lines and larger pores reduced, so that your foundation applies smoother and doesn't cake in and around the mentioned lines and pores.

And yes, the 'photo ready' aspect really does work; I got in touch with my inner Kim Kardashian for this review and snapped a few selfies, and my skin appeared largely clear in the photos, regardless of the redness and minor blemishes I had at the time. I didn't wear any concealer for this test, so looking in the mirror I could still make out a few blemishes in real life, but on camera most of these imperfections had vanished.

However I'm really loving this primer alone because my skin is so dry that I just don't feel comfortable wearing foundation any more, and this primer perks up my complexion without the heaviness of the colour correcting formulas of foundations and BB/CC creams. It doesn't magically airbrush my skin or anything like that, but is does help to blur discolouration, lines and blemishes worn alone, so my skin does look more even then it does alone.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2015 7:35:00 AM More reviews by queenM100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great drugstore brand primer. In my first three uses I was getting white stuff on my face but then that stopped and now it glides on smoothly everyday. Reduces shine, minimizes appearance of pores and my foundation stays on all day. I have very very oily skin. After I moisturize, I wear this primer then Mac StudioFix foundation and my makeup stays on for 14 hours no problems.

Would def repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2015 9:07:00 AM More reviews by eclecticgrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried a lot of drugstore primers and unfortunately, I don't think it even comes close to the performance of the Rimmel primers. It goes on smoothly, and is not a silicone based primer, but I don't feel like it prolongs the wear time of my foundation. Considering that it is about 3x the price of the Rimmel primers, I expected it to work better. I was very disappointed and will not repurchase, because I feel like it makes no difference whether I have it on or not.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2015 11:17:00 PM More reviews by thupham2

Past bad experiences with past silicone/dimethicone primers: often too thick, gave little oil control or did not prep the skin properly for foundation. Revlon came up with this more fluid, easier-to-apply version and I am loving it.
It makes my foundation look more polished and satiny and allows for smoother foundation application. Definitely I notice a difference when I use it and don't coz there is less oil produced and my makeup looks fresher/smoother after hours of work. The only silicone primer that has worked for me so far - thank you Revlon
The only con is that the nozzle always gets clogged when the primer dries at the tip, and this happens even with the lid on - obviously not seal-tight lid. Too many times have I pumped too hard and squirted out a whole clump of primer, but this is a small annoyance and I still enjoy the product very much

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2015 6:06:00 PM More reviews by xpinksoda

I've gone through three bottles of this now. It's a great product! Note: this is the first and only primer I've ever used in my life so I may be a bit biased BUT why try something new when there's absolutely nothing bad about this product? It leaves my skin feeling so silky-smooth and of course, the pump feature is awesome!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2015 7:31:00 AM More reviews by GeorginaDawson

Pros :

No bad smell
No feeling of tackiness on skin
Lightweight
Smooth application
Controls oil and blurs skin

Cons :

You have to wait a few minutes for the primer to set into the skin
The price is a bit steep
The packaging is a bit bulky so it doesn't fit into the average muji drawers
The pump can occasionally clog

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Weerosie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I'm a huge revlon fan after using the photoready foundation. This primer feels velvety on your fingers and as you smooth it across your face. I find that you need to give it a couple of minutes to "set" before applying anything else. It feels luxurious. I can't say 100% that this helps the longevity of my make up but I always apply it before weddings and parties due to the additional heat etc.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2014 6:47:00 PM More reviews by nikib18

The packaging is the only issues I have with this product. Eventually the pump stops working and there's still lots of stuff in there. This has happened with two bottles of it. BUT I still just went out and purchased another bottle!!!! This stuff does wonders for my acne covered skin!!! It calms my skin right down and makes it so soft so there's even less to cover with makeup. My HG of primers!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2014 3:24:00 AM More reviews by asideofladies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this primer. Goes on super smooth, barely need any to get full coverage, and it keeps my makeup on all day!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2014 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Sarahjh123

The BEST primer I have used!!! I have acne, red-blotchy skin, and dark spots. When I use this my face looks near perfect, my pictures come out looking like I photoshopped my face (in a good way). It keeps my makeup on and glides right on ( I use revlon color stay combo/oily). My face looks so soft with this! Definitely try this!