Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush (All Shades)

3.2

Talc, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated C6-14 Olefin Polymers, Diisostearyl Malate, Paraffinum Liquidum / Mineral Oil / Huile Minerale, Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hexyl Laurate, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Phenoxyethanol,Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Alumina, Tin Oxide. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 15850 / Red 6, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77120 / Barium Sulfate, CI 73360 / Red 30, CI 15850 / Red 7 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake]

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I had Candy Coral, Pink Frosting and Hot Tamale.

The colors of this blush are stunning. Vivid and flattering. And for normal or dry skin, they have good staying power.

On the other hand, they don't blend all that well if you wear them over bare skin. And even after foundation, they can get weird hot spots of color that don't blend.

The formula is kind of bizarre. Applied with fingers works best, but I hate having to touch my face. Also, it's easy to crack the little dome.

Was this an innovative idea? Yes. Was it a good idea? Jury's out. Was it that hard to do a simple cream blush? The lovely shade range is it's best selling point. Proceed with caution.

I bought this because I was looking for a cream blush at a department store and couldn't find anything I liked. I later went to the grocery store and picked this up on a whim. This is the weirdest makeup I have ever come across. I don't even know how to describe it. If you were a child during the 90s, it's kind of like Gak? Anyways, despite being of very strange consistency, it is difficult to apply. The product does not transfer well to a finger or brush. The pigmentation is not very strong either. This is a gimmicky product, in my opinion.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pros : The are a lot of colors so you can choose the exact one for your skin tone ,
          It leaves natural glow and a soft colored
Cons: Its so hard you apply , no matter what you use ( brush , hands , beauty blender , etc )
          You have to rub it very hard to get the product on your skin

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I have purchased twice so far because of the deep pigmentation, color selection and the streak free natural finish this blush provides. The packaging is good it has never broken on me. I don't know why other reviewers are saying this is too light or hard to apply. I use my medium sized blending brush and I don't have any issues.
The formula appears as a powder but is more of a creamy consistency. It applies to a nice natural finish with a slight glowy effect and no sparkle. Perfect. The only thing I don't like is the way the product reacts to brush or fingers...it kind of moves around a lot within the package so I find I have to pull the brush carefully over it to avoid peaks or spill over when I close the lid.
I do think this works better on me because I have normal/dry skin with no oil. I do see this being problematic on oily skin..it may slide off. For me though, it lasts all day and the reason I buy it is the natural dewy fresh look with lots of pigmentation. I will repurchase and would recommend to those with similar skin (fair and normal/dry).

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this in Orchid Hush which is a light, cool-toned purple pink with a blue base. I like how light this blush feels and looks, but I was really disappointed with the pigmentation. I have light skin and it takes 2-3 layers for any color to appear. It works best for me to use my fingers to apply. I tried with 2 different brushes, buffing and a dense blush brush, with no success. The longevity is okay. It probably lasts about 6 hours. The consistency is light, fluffy, and right in between a powder and cream. It goes on smoothly and I don't have any issue with blending. The finish is a nice satin sheen with no glitter effect. Overall, I don't hate this blush, but I don't absolutely love it. I am planning on trying a more vibrant color in the future. If you have really pale, cool toned skin and don't want to overload on color, this blush would be perfect for you.

Everyone raves about this, so I thought I'd give it a shot. The feel is really different. It does have the bouncy texture. It is so hard to apply. I've tried so many methods and it doesn't apply the way I would like it. It feels somewhat of a rubbery texture. I would not recommend this to anyone.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Ugh...I knew this was a mistake the first time I tried it. The texture of the stuff in the compact is interesting, but trying to actually apply it was horrific. Virtually nothing came off on my finger and, when I pressed harder, it came out in small chunks. It was very difficult to apply to my skin. Wish I could return this.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have fair skin and bought the Fresh Pink in 05. I used this product on top of my foundation and I don't suggest that. It moved and didn't blend in very well. I do have oily skin so that may have effected the movement of the blush and the why it looked caked on right after applying it. I think it would be best on a non-oily face and someone who doesn't used any foundation.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have this in pink plum. I love the feel and mouse like formula. I find it super easy to work with and it gives a fresh healthy flush. I plan to buy more. I also like this better or as much as the color pop blushes.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I used to love the mousse blusher that Maybelline had, so when they discontinued it, I bought this one in hopes it would have a similar effect. I do like the finish of this one more, as it is a satin finish instead of glittery. However, I find the texture really difficult to work with. The product moves around in the pan so much and the product doesn't go on the skin as nicely as a powder does. If you can make it work on your skin, it would be a great blush but I haven't found a way. Will not be repurchasing, but I will try to use up what I have.