Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush (All Shades)

3.2

Talc, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated C6-14 Olefin Polymers, Diisostearyl Malate, Paraffinum Liquidum / Mineral Oil / Huile Minerale, Silica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hexyl Laurate, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Phenoxyethanol,Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Alumina, Tin Oxide. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 15850 / Red 7, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 15850 / Red 6, CI 45410 / Red 28 Lake, CI 77120 / Barium Sulfate, CI 73360 / Red 30, CI 15850 / Red 7 Lake, CI 15985 / Yellow 6 Lake]

on 7/3/2015 7:14:00 PM

I don't understand the low ratings for this, but I guess I kind of understand, as these can be tricky to understand how to use.

I looked at these several times before finally buying my first one. I bought my first one, maybe a year or two ago (so much for reviewing a product right away), and it kind of sat in my stash, untouched and un-opened, bc it kind of intimidated me. But I was watching someone on youtube last year who said she just taps it on to her cheek and then blends it with her fingertips. I tried that, and it worked like a charm!! Also someone suggested using a stipple brush. I find just using my fingers works best. I will say that as you use it and the product is used over time, the product becomes kind of mushy (? sorry can't think of a better word at the moment?), but it just gets like really soft and malleable, it almost looks like playdoh (maybe it is just mine?!) as you use it over time. But the product stays fresh in the pan a long time....I had thought it would dry out really fast, but it has not. I've been using the one since last summer and it is still as fresh as when it was new (if a little sad-looking bc of being 'pushed' around) and the color is just as nice as when it was new.

I have this in one of the pink shades and also Pink Plum, and I greatly love both colors. Colors stay true, but the one drawback is they do not last long throughout the day. I only get a few short hours (maybe 3 hours?) before I have to re-apply. But for a quick outing or just running out for lunch or something, it works just fine. I would not use this for a long work day, because you might be a slave to the mirror, re-applying every couple of hours. But my skin is wonky lately, so someone else may not have that issue. But I did take a lippie off because of short-staying power.

But this had no irritation to my sensitive skin, and I detect no scent.

I keep meaning to get more shades, I better get on that! Things I like always seem to be discontinued! ;)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is by no means my favorite blush. Its not very pigmented, and when I try and layer it to get more color it gets too dark and fake looking. HOWEVER, I love using it as a base for my blush! I use Plum Wine under blushes to pull more purpley tones and Pink Plum to pull more pink from coral blushes. They help my blush stay on for hours, so I would repurchase for that reason alone. The packaging sucks however, and you dont get much product for the price, but this is a must have for anyone looking to make their blush last for hours

on 5/22/2015 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have the dream bouncy blush in pink plum. the color is alright, nothing special. I just don't understand the formula of this blush..... it so difficult to use and isnt worth the hassle. On my cheeks it just looks like plain old pink blush, a little dewy but all of it fades really quickly. It's so hard to apply, it just moved around under my finger and have attracted soo much lint to it. I just wish I would have spent my $5 elsewhere, there's plenty of drugstore blushes that are great and arent made of silly putty.

on 5/2/2015 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

The colour Coffee Cake is really flattering for my skin (tan, yellow undertones).

Overall, it's an average blush.
not too much staying power, but it's easy to blend and the bouncy mousse texture is pretty fun.

on 4/21/2015 6:12:00 PM

This texture works really great for me. it doesn't look fake or cakey and wears decently. This is not really matte but you can blot some of the shine off if you prefer. Good value and packaging is just ok.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

When these first released, I thought they were really unique and interesting... Something about them was very captivating... And I ended up buying four.

I had rose petal, candy coral, orchid hush, and peach satin.

Two days ago I threw out all of them except for peach satin.

The other three colours were just not pigmented enough and would disappear after 2-4 hrs. I really did like orchid hush for a while because it was such a pretty, unique shade, but eventually the shitty consistency (it's very greasy) and staying power got through to me and I decided it was time to stop using it. If anyone knows of a similar blush I can buy in Canada that won't break my wallet, please let me know! I love lavender blushes.

Anyways, the only shade I would consider repurchasing is peach satin. It's so pigmented and the colour is gorgeous. It's pigmented enough for me to dab my fingers on it lightly and then dab it on my face, whereas the others I had to pat the blush directly on my face. Peach satin also builds and blends very nicely. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

on 2/21/2015 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I seriously love this blush. Its really hard to get my hands on this blush but when I did, I was so excited! Unfortunately there was only 1 shade or I would have bought all of the lol. Anyways, its really easy to blend and its quite pigmented. It also looks very natural which is great because on my "no makeup" days I love to use products like these.

I would love to repurchase (:

on 2/18/2015 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I was looking for a nice plum blush for years since I had one in 09 and haven't found it since.I got this in walmart and tried the plum wine one.I love how it looks just hate putting it on.I find my self rolling it to a little ball and pat it on my cheeks.I bought it last year and barley ran out.I would get this again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is an absolute fail product for me. I bought 2 of them a while ago, a peachy coral and a true pink (I don't remember the shade names). I thought they would be a cool product, so I picked some up one day. I was doing my makeup and I wanted to use one, so I just dipped my finger into it to try and pick up the color. But it was pretty much impossible, and the more I tried to put pressure on it so I could pick up some pigment it just pushed itself away from my fingers. So I tried to put it on with a small stippling brush. I got a little on the brush, but when I put it on my skin I could barely see any pigment and it just looked really slimy and gross. About 5-9 layers of this stuff later I had built up some pigment and just decided to go with it. All day (well, when it was actually on) my face felt slimy and gross, and an hour later the blush had disappeared. I tried the products a few more times before giving up and throwing them out. These are absolutely horrible -- DON"T WASTE YOUR MONEY!

on 1/20/2015 6:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Oh my God... That's all I can say! This blush is amazing and cheap too. Giiiiirl when I say I have oily skin I mean I have oily skin like whoa. I now use because primer but even without primer and just foundation or without foundation this blush lasts all day! All day as in 10 hours before fading. I have tried every single high end blush -- Mac, Bobbi brown, tarte, the balm And etc you name it. This is the only blush that has ever stayed on my face for longer than 3 hours -- totally recommend it!