L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm

3.8

on 7/1/2015 6:50:00 PM

Honestly could barely tell that it was on. I recommend the cover girl brand! A lot better product worth your money

on 6/2/2015 9:06:00 AM

I Love these balms! I own three shades now - Heavenly Berry (very sheer, not much pigmentation, but it's a beautiful shade) and just bought the other two last night - Plush Plum and Fiery Red. I love the feel of this balm - buttery smooth, adds a nice shine and a sheer pop of color. The fiery red by far is the most pigmented shade I've run across so far. I can apply the Heavenly Berry without a mirror, just like I do chapstick. The Plush Plum and Fiery Red have more color, so I need a mirror when applying those. I've been looking for the perfect red shade that isn't as temporary as a lipgloss, but not as heavy as a lipstick. L'Oreal did it with this balm! Very happy with the price too.

on 5/24/2015 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

had this in "caramel comfort" lying around in my drawers for a while because I didn't think i would even like the colour (got this as a gift) and boy was I wrong, I love this and I love everything about it especially the colour. these are really worth a try

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Oh my goodness I am kind of in love with this stuff. Instant HG.

After reading about this here on MUA I just purchased this in two shades: Nourishing Nude and Rose Elixir. They are both absolutely gorgeous, sheer nudes with a delicious sweet scent and smooth, buttery texture that literally glides on your lips. They leave a subtly shiny finish that is not sticky or greasy, with a sheer wash of color. As another reviewer mentioned, these are somewhere between a typical lip balm and a lip gloss...the best of both imo, and for my daily look, they're perfect.

Pros: Buttery smooth texture.
Hydrating formula.
Leaves lips soft even after it wears off.
Beautiful shades with a sheer subtle shiny finish - great nude tones for a MLBB look.
Sleek, pretty packaging that looks more expensive than it is.
Affordable.

Cons: Not very pigmented if that's what you're looking for.
Doesn't wear for very long - needs reapplying after a couple hours.

Overall I definitely recommend. Whether you like a simple, natural look and wear this on its own or layer it over or under a lipstick or gloss for added shine and moisture, anyone will like this product.

on 3/1/2015 3:53:00 PM

ok, so I initially went out and bought "nourishing nude" to compliment my skin tone. (ie pale, oily, acne prone, dry dry dry lips). Well, it was a little too pink and darker than I ever imagined...BUT, very silky on the lips, not drying, subtle colour (it's not a typo, I'm Canadian), but does not look like I'm wearing lipstick.
so today, I went back and bought (for 9$...yes, Canadian) "Caramel Comfort"....much better coulour on me as I HATE reds, pinks, etc...I just like nudes, but not opaque. Pleasantly surprised. give them a whirl...

on 2/21/2015 1:27:00 AM

I purchased the colour "Plush Plum"a few months ago and absolutely love the colour of this against my fair skin! It is also surprisingly moisturizing and smooth. However, I have barely been able to use this because it has a strong spf scent and taste. I am so disappointed in this but the taste is so strong it really renders it unusable - literally tastes like I'm eating sunscreen.

on 2/20/2015 9:52:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I liked these at first, but then I realized they have spf. I'm allergic to chemical sunscreens, and even though these don't cause a full blown reaction, I won't repurchase. After the initial fruity scent fades, there's a distinct sunscreen scent/taste. I like the subtle color and shine, but not enough to buy more.

I owned two of these in Nourishing Nude and Tender Mauve. They are moisturizing and feel nice on the lips. They don't do much for chapped lips, but I dont expect them to. I originally adored Nourishing Nude and almost used it up but the longer I had it the less I liked it due to the fragrance and taste. It left a strange taste in my mouth, almost soapy. That was the reason I destashed them. I know they're still good but I just don't like the taste. They have good pigmentation. I will not repurchase as L'Oreal is not cruelty free and due to the taste.

I don't like lipsticks, but I love glosses, which I wear on top of a stain (I wear the L'oreal Colour Caresse Shine Stain), I wanted something that would give my lips moisture, but would be sheer, and this balm works really well! Make sure you apply it on your hand (or a tissue), before using it for the first time as the top can be slightly dry and it won't apply as well. Very good product!

on 12/4/2014 8:53:00 AM

I dont love these on their own due to pigmentation BUT I love them on top of lipstick. It gives your lipstick a little extra brightness, moisturization, and shine without being a full on lip gloss. LOVE.