September 30, 2014 | 1875 users online

Treatments (Face) - Avene - Triacneal

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2014 6:20:00 AM More reviews by Michaela264

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I start using this cream after done with my first accutane course, thankfully I got rid of my cystic acne but the scars left behind are quite deep! I've been using the Triacneal cream for a month now and I can see a small improvement.

My dermatologist prescribed me the Triacneal cream alongside with a Copper Tripeptide-1 cream to minimize the scars before I get fraxel laser.

The price in my country is around 14 (around 18$) which is affordable since only a small amount is needed per usage and a package goes a long way. The texture of the cream is quite thick but it gets easily applied and leaves a silky feeling, it also has a yellow color but it doesn't stain!

I personally believe that this cream would work very well for smaller acne scars, since it helped me with my atropic scars.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Neuryz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hye! Last two week i had done with laser treatment which is fractional type. My skin looks improve however there there is breakout, i think bcoz of lotion that i put for the treatment n also i eat spicy foods a lot a that time. So i continue to do laser again for my second time yesterday. After that my dermatologist prescribe me avene triacneal for my new pustule. Hoping to see improvement after this. I will tell u soon :) pray for me

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 12:18:00 AM More reviews by lovelyleena21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is great! i have oily skin that gets blemishes sometimes always around the same area (cheeks) and they are always big and a bit painful and leave awful marks on my skin. They dont happen often enough for me to be using a treatment constantly but i had recently started a new job and broke out with about 3 blemishes. I picked up this product because i already use the Clearance Toner along with some Clarins products that i absolutely love, and literally within hours of using it the first time my blemishes noticeably went down in size over night. You can literally feel it working the second you put it on. It works much better than some of these other cheaper treatments and if you are like me and strive for perfect skin rather than using every product under the sun to cover it up, this product is for you. i love it and definitely would recommend it to others, and purchase again and again for emergencies and just to keep my skin looking perfect!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by vnwm

This product is crazily expensive!! Been using it for more than a month, I do see improvements in my acne scars:) it's fading!! So yay. But I don't think it works on my acne though :( I still get break outs. Will continue to use it though and see if my acne improves :-)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2014 5:21:00 AM More reviews by liquidblues

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have acne-prone skin and I've struggled with a couple of really unsightly zits on my cheeks recently. As I have sensitive skin, I try to keep away from harsh treatments, so Triacneal was something I was very careful with at the beginning. I'm still not sure how I feel about it though.

PROS:
- It's excellent for removing post-acne scars. The really big ones will take longer but it's worth a wait.
- It's quite gentle. This was a surprise - it did sting a little when put over some spots but never dried out my sensitive skin or left me with dry patches.
- It does help with the acne. But again, it takes a while.
- It smooths out the skin.
- A little goes a long way. I've had my tube for about three months and there's still half of it (I used it daily).

CONS:
- It's not a miracle worker. Your acne will not be gone in one night, not even in two nights :)
- It has the most disgusting consistency - it's very hard to spread and it always ends up everywhere but not on the spot i need it to be.
- It's ORANGE. It transfers to pillowcases & clothes.
- It has a fragrance. The smell is not strong but I still prefer my skincare products completely fragrance-free.

I'm not really sure about repurchasing this, it's not crazy expensive but I think i will also give Cleanance K a go.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 1:05:00 PM More reviews by lifeinfuschia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product was just okay. I didn't get great results from it but it did calm down my troubled areas, but then again so many other products can do that for a much lower price. Has a high chance of purging. I've since replaced this with Acne.org's AHA.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by nicholaslee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I still can't figure it how to use it, after cleansing my face i will apply toner, must Triacneal applied it before or after night moisturiser ?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2014 7:17:00 AM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

LOVE THIS. I've been hemming and hawing about trying Avene's retinaldehyde products for years and I'm so happy I finally took the plunge with this product. Yes, it's a little tricky to use, but once you figure it out (by following the directions, natch) it works like gangbusters on both acne and wrinkles; and if you're at that *special* age like I am where you have to deal with both... well, I can't think of a better product. I did experience a little purging a little peeling, as to be expected with a product like this, but nothing major and even from the start the benefits way outweighed the disadvantages. Really the only "problem" I've had with this is that it's not designed for dry skin like mine, so a layer of night cream over it is still essential. So, as per the directions, I wash my face, apply the Triacneal to damp skin, let it sink in for 30 minutes, and then follow with a layer of night cream. Between this (which I've been using since January) and Chasteberry supplement (which I started taking at the end of February) my skin is the best it's been in years. I'm so, so happy with this :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Lerka

This is the first Avene product I ever bought. I know it might be a bit to early to write a review as I've only used it twice but so far I'm quite pleased with the product. I can already tell that my pores shrunk a bit. the makeup looks a lot better. My skin is a bit smoother. It didn't do anything for the scars yet as it supposed to take 6-8 weeks to see results.
I'm not sure why previous reviewer said it's reddish in color when it's actually yellowish.
But anyway, I like the texture that's light and not sticky. And I like the smell as well, it smells like Vitamin C to me :)

I didn't notice any irritation or dryness... I have sensitive skin but I think it is used to 8% Glycolic Acid from using Neostrata products so I think that's probably why I didn't react to it as some other people.

The reason I gave 4/5 is because I can't fully evaluate the results. So 4/5 for now :)
But I will definitely keep using it every night and will report back with updates :)

*******************************************UPDATE******************************************************
April 7, 2014
I've been using it for a week now, and I got whiteheads and 6 red pimples on my cheeks that I felt were sitting under the skin for a couple of weeks and now they've emerged which I'm assuming is a sign that the Triacneal is working (?). Will keep updating.

April 22, 2014
I've been using Triacneal for 3 weeks now and I really like it. I had few spots on the forehead that are almost gone now and I haven't had any new breakouts either.

Those red pimples on my cheeks are slowly going away as well. And it's that time of the month (argh) so I broke out a little but nothing major. I also started using Differin and alternating it with Triacneal which I think made my skin a little dry. But overall, I feel like I'm getting there ... :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by socharming

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really wanted to like this product, as I'm a big fan of retinol-based products for oily/combination skin. Sadly, this came up very short.

The texture is a very dense, reddish cream that is incredibly difficult to apply to and spread on the skin. It doesn't feel hydrating at all. The reddish color does not come from the retinol but from the Red #33 contained in the product. It may even leave your face with an orangey tint....

As for the retinol or retinal in this case, it is the very last ingredient on the list. Therefore, there is hardly any contained in the product and certainly not enough to be effective. I was very disappointed with using this on the whole face.

However, I did discover that this makes an EXCELLENT post acne spot remover. This is due to the relatively high concentration of glycolic acid. Apply it directly to the spot twice a day, rubbing it in gently. And the spot is GONE in just a few days. This is why I gave the product 3 lippies instead of 1.

I wouldn't purchase this again - but I will use it as an expensive spot treatment until the tube is empty.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No