Urban Decay NAKED2

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/4/2015 8:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I decided to buy this for the cooler hues in this palette. I did not like the naked3 as much and I don't own the first one. I have to say this is much more suitable for my skin tone and really flatters me. I think these have good pigmentation although I still need to use an eye primer on my oily lids. Great for building a smoky eye or for an everyday look. Some are quite shimmery so if you are looking for something matte, I would consider the Basic palettes of the line.

on 9/17/2015 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Let me say one thing, my sister and I loved the idea of getting a naked palette and until I finally got my hands on it because I had the money, I realized it wasn't all that great. So I recommended her other palettes. I'm a newbie to this make up world but I love my share of good quality make up if it's worth it. I searched and searched all over if this palette was worth it. I got a 25$ gift card to sephora thanks to my high school prom and this was my first "big girl" palette. I asked the sephora girl which palette she recommends for me, she said definitely Naked 2. Didn't even hesitate to think, I guess everyone is on the Naked 2 bandwagon? But I was so excited, took it home. Then a few days later I realized I only used 3 shades. Great pigmentation! They were FOXY, TEASE and HALF BAKED. I pondered for days whether i should get Tarte's Tartlette palette since I love mattes, and I got it. AND SO WORTH IT. I wanted something that has nude colors, high pigmentation and low on bad chemicals. Something I can wear for everyday, for fancy events and even smokey looks. I saw the wonderful reviews on Too Faced Chocolate Bar. So I'll be returning my NAKED 2 palette for Too Faced.
I can't say for the other Naked palettes
By urban decay. Perhaps I'll be buying the Naked 2 palette in the future or just the other series which also look fantastic. But maybe when I'm more financially stable. But I don't want a 57$ (yes that's how much it cost) palette I'm barely going to use or that's gonna mush up into one color, because that's Naked 2 it does. I did really like Half baked, chopper, YDK (the name makes me happy) and verve. But I'll probably look for dupes in tbe future. Although the staying power was great, but I wore Smashbox's 24 Hour Eye primer (sorry again urban decay)
Hey, I'm a soon-to be college student. I'll get a better value out of the Chocolate Bar. (It has 16 shades and no parabens) Yes, Naked 2 has the primers and the brush. But I already have all that. That's OK.
THANK GOD for Sephora's return policy

Sorry NAKED fans and Urban Decay, not my cup of tea.

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I love everything in this palette I just wish more matte shades. It's wearable day time to night time just add more drama to it and ta-da ready to go to parties. Very pigmented, some are bit dust/powdery but just tap it off and it will work just fine.

on 8/29/2015 2:14:00 PM

I bought this palette by mistake. I do not love the cool colours...but i am using it a lot. The only con is that the shadows are a bit flaky. But sure it is a cult product.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love all the Naked palettes, and this is no exception! I like the cool toned neutrals, and I think this is a great palette for a cool smoky look. I think it's a great value for the amount of colors you get, and the shadows are so pigmented that they'll last a long time. This is a big go to for me with clients.

Things I do not like: over abundance of shimmer shades. Wish there were more mattes. The shadow fallout is quite excessive with this palette for some reason.

Overall, thumbs up!

on 8/26/2015 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had no interest in the Naked 2 palette but I received it as a gift last Christmas and I'm so glad I did. The colors work beautifully with my blue eyes and cool skintone.

I love this palette! It's the first palette I've owned that I can wear EVERY SINGLE COLOR. I use it almost everyday and there is such a variety of looks you can do with this single palette. I use Blackout as an eyeliner and it stays put.

The shadows are great quality and I really like the sturdy tin case it comes in as well as the included double ended brush. I highly recommend this palette if you're cool toned. You won't be disappointed!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I got this as a present for my 13th birthday 2 years ago, and I have to say I love it! I love the wear time, the pigmentation, the packaging, and the mirror. The only complaints I have about this product is the brush, like so many others. The fluffy side is much to large, but the smaller flat side is OKAY for packing on the shadow, applying a darker colour to the outer V, and applying a shadow as a liner. That is why I took off a lippy for the price. My favourite shades are bootycall(I know this doesn't show up THAT much on the lids, especially without a primer, but since I am a teen, I wear very light eye shadow), half baked, foxy, chopper and ydk. Overall, this is a great product in pretty packaging with beautiful pigmented shadows that wear for a long time, but I just wish it came with a better brush.

on 8/6/2015 11:40:00 AM

I've had this product for about a year now, and have finally came around to writing a review. When i received the package, I was very pleased with the packaging. Its aesthetically beautiful to look at, the shades are beautiful, everything about it is beautiful. I bought this palette because i tend to enjoy nude colours more than anything, it's just naturally what is most flattering for myself. I use this palette almost everyday and i must say it has great lasting power, goes on nice, easy to blend... However I don't like the brush it came with. The blending brush is too stiff in my opinion and the flat end is pretty much useless in this palette, i would have much prefer the double ended eye liner that they used to give with the original packaging. After having it for over a year, i still have so much product left. A little does go a long way. And as much as i enjoy that, it makes me sad cause I'm sort of getting over the colours after using them so much. If I were to repurchase a palette I would probably go with the naked 3, since it has pink hues which will work nicely for my green eyes. In the end, this palette has been great for me, even though im getting over it now. But for the while that I've used it, its been great. i recomend to anyone looking for an everyday -day- to night palette. Really is a great product :)

on 8/5/2015 11:11:00 PM

I was so, so disappointed with this palette. It's not even available in my country except unauthorized retailers so I had a friend bring me it from overseas and DID I MENTION I'M DISAPPOINTED?

The packaging is beautiful. The case reminds me of those pencil tins I had at school a million years ago and I always for some odd reason loved them. The palette itself is beautiful, the names of some of the eyeshadows make me laugh but when I tried to use the actual eyeshadow I found it nowhere near as pigmented as it claimed to be.

Maybe my eyelids are too pale, but I saw no effect of the bootycall (lightest shade) no matter how many layers I tried to cake on it (I was going for a smokey eye but when the base layer won't cooperate it seems hopeless). The blackest black is a misnomer, and the overall shadows seemed too shimmery even if they're supposed to be half matte. The glitter is out of control, once you layer on a shimmery layer over matte, bye bye matte.

I did like snakebite and tease (med and light brown shades) but they were only 2/12 shades.

The brush that comes with the palette is too broad for me, I prefer a thinner brush so I have more control.

on 8/5/2015 8:38:00 PM

My son purchased this for me as a thank you gift when he obtained fulltime employment. I was using Revlon and Chi Chi eyeshadows prior to receiving this and thought they were good eyeshadows. This pallette has changed my mind about what good eyeshadow should look like. Unfortunately, I will never be able to use cheaper brands ever again because these shadows are THAT good. Did I mention the brush that comes with it? Yeah, well that is also fantastic quality and has lead me to try other Urban Decay brushes. Love, love, love this pallette. Will definitely repurchase.

Video Reviews & Tutorials