April 20, 2014 | 1962 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Pink Truffle

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by Synfonia04

I bought this at my local KMart because it's closing so all the makeup there was 50% off. I went down the Revlon aisle and was looking for the lip butters since I've heard great things about them.

And thank god, this was the last one on the shelf! I quickly feared off the sticker to open the cap to see the real color and I fell in love with the color. I just had to get it, and it was only $3 so how could I say no to that?

I came home and tried it on and it's the perfect shade for me because it looks like my natural lip color. It went on smoothly and evenly unlike Wet n' Wild and other brands that I don't like. It was veryyyy moisturing, just like lip balm. OMG I love this!

I will most defiantly reperchase this!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by makeuplover1018

This is the perfect MLBB color! I love the color. It's supposed to be a lip butter but sometimes I feel as if it dries out my lips. Does this happen to anyone?

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2014 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Mima25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Nice MLBB shade for me, the best in non-premium brands I've found. The texture is great and it glides on, I could almost get away with not wearing lip balm underneath it. Revlon are really excelling in their lip products lately.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2014 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Catlove

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is right up there with my clinique black honey(as my must have)lip product. Meaning you can take away all of my other lippies but please not this one. A great pinky brown with a wonderfully comfortable moisturized feeling on the lips. Its a YLBB lipstick. Packaging is cute, price is right. I pray Revlong keeps this shade because they did discontinue my other fave brown sugar and gum drop. Sheer moisturizing lipstick, whats not to love?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by fionahz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This has become the lipstick that I use most often. I've had passions for lipsticks before but there has only been one other colour/formula that I've hoarded multiple tubes of, so that I would have one in every handbag and never be without and that was my beloved Bobbi Brown Rosy Lip Sheer, which those evil people at BB discontinued! Still smarting over that.

But, Pink Truffle is almost as beloved as Rosy. As others have said, it's a warm pink with a moisturising lip balm feel. I usually don't like Revlon lipsticks as up until Pink Truffle I could never seem to find a colour that wasn't too brown, or orange or Barbie pink or just old-lady for me. I gave Pink Truffle a shot based on the promise of the formula. I figured that a lipstick that was promoted as being like a balm would probably be sheer enough to not be as heavy as most Revlon lipsticks seem to be, and I was right. What I also found is that Pink Truffle is incredibly flattering on me. The name is a total misnomer. This isn't really a pink and what on earth is "truffle" supposed to convey in terms of colour??? On me, this is a very warm neutral pink, which flatters my light, neutral skin tone and red hair. My lips are only lightly pigmented, but that pigment is pink, so lip colours that are supposed to be nude make me look like a corpse, taking all the colour out of me. Pink Truffle is what I wear when I want a "nude lip". It's the colour I wear most days and it works with office wear or with jeans on the weekend. It's moisturising, has good slip and doesn't feather. The only drawback is the staying power. There isn't much.

I'm hoping that unlike Bobbi Brown, Revlon will hang on to this colour and I'll be able to keep up my stock forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by sra666

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am on the hunt for the perfect pink lip that will actually show up on my lips. I have Indian brown skin, so I have warm undertones, but I also have naturally dark pigmented lips, so often the color swatches that I see people do, do not show up the same on me. This color is great, it is a pinky brown color that shows up but it is not bright. It looks like a nice pinky brown nude color on my lips, which is a decent flush of color for me. It is glossy looking, not drying. I don't find it to be all that moisturizing on my chronically fry lips, but it is better than any other lipstick or gloss out there (I just put on some chapstick or lip balm before and then dab off the excess before applying this, though I do that for every lip color). It doesn't have that great of staying power, but it feels so light and is smooth, it's not too hard to reapply. The packaging looks nice but it is hard to pull the cap off, even after doing it a few times, you have to pull it hard, there is really no place to grip it. I am very picky about lipcolors, I own dozens, but I think I would repurchase this again. Not very cheap, I think I paid 10.99 for it at Shoppers, but it's the price range I expect for Revlon. I think this shade would work on a variety of skintones, warm and cool, because of the pink/brown mix.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by shones22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Think this is going to be bought in bulk just in case it gets discontinued. Love it. This is my third lip butter, does not dry my lips and gives a glossy sheen. Most lippies are drying on me so this is a huge plus. It does not last long but wears off evenly rather than leaving a ring around the mouth. The colour is the nude I have been searching for over twenty odd years. I am super pale, shell in ELDW/ the lightest shade in every other foundation I have ever tried so nude lips can be quite a challenge to pull off. This can be applied sheerly to give a tint or more full on but even then it gives a brownish pink hue to the lips which looks natural. The lipstick case looks nice but is actually a bit dodgy to open from the bottom. The base is too thin to open it easily but the colour is great so I am very happy. Price is reasonable. Totally love it. Very natural colour. Perfect for using when you are focusing on eye make up and just need a dash of colour on the lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2014 6:16:00 PM More reviews by BarbItalia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Finally caved after reading so many reviews and allowing myself MORE lipstick! I own Cherry Tart (cool red), Candy Apple (warm red) and Pink Truffle. I love the balmy feeling, love the MLBB shade. I line and semi-fill in my lips with Rimmel's lip liner in Addiction (my lips and lipline are terribly light) and this also helps the staying power. Very, very nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by Calincherie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love how moisturizing this lip butter feels! It feels very creamy and reminds me of a heavier tinted lip balm. Because its a creamy balmy texture, it doesn't have much staying power, so you need to reapply often. It will highlight any dryness, so you'll need to have smooth lips. The color works well with my pale skin and is a nice blend of pink and nude, it doesn't wash me out like some nudes can. I do wish the packaging was different with a smaller bullet, so I can be more precise in my application, but overall a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by hyacinth289

I have almost used one up, LOVE this.
It is not drying but I wear lip balm anyway whenever I can.
This is such an easy to wear color on me, I wear this a lot whenever I don't know what to wear with or without makeup.
I would buy this color again.