October 23, 2014 | 1900 users online

Mascara - New York Color - Instant Lash Mascara

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by maymay24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Okay so for a $1 mascara, this thing is the bomb! It gives the greatest length I have ever seen (more than my benefit they're real mascara)! Seriously, if you're on a budget or don't like to spend so much on mascara, this is perfect and amazing and I definitely will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/16/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by SpanishSmileyFace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is the perfect mascara to use when you're just starting to get into makeup because it doesn't make a statement. It gives a your-lashes-but-better look so it looks very natural, especially on people with dark brown -black hair.
Unfortunentely, this isn't water proof but I find the colour really sticks to your lashes afterwards. If you add alot of it to your lashes for volume, you might get some but the volume will fade throughout the day. On the other hand, if you add enough just to coat your lashes, you will get a natural looking length that will last you almost all day. Also this does NOT smudge at all!
So basically, this is good for length but not volume. For the price of $1.50 at Wal-Mart, you are getting it for a very good price. :)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/11/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by beautyflower

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I won't say it's bad, but it's not my holy grail. It does lenghten and volumizes, but does not the best job at seperating (in my opinion) and I believe it's because of the spiraled around brush. If you just need an inexpensive mascara (1,50$ at Walmart, more or less), this is for you! I wouldn't repurchase, but it's nice! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2013 1:40:00 AM More reviews by RachRachRevolution

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have naturally very long, grazing my eyebrows type of lashes, and am in need of volume more than anything else. I usually swipe this over a coat of volumizing mascara, and get crazy-defined, even longer lashes. It's great combined with another mascara, but on its own, it does its job but isn't amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by noemielizabethh

This mascara is my everyday mascara and for only a dollar, it makes it my favorite mascara haha. When used by itself, it gives natural, full looking lashes; nothing dramatic. When paired with another mascara, BAM! The lashes look full and beautiful.

One of the only bad things I have to say about this product is that it dries out fairly quickly BUT since it's only $1, I stock up and buy like 4 at a time which is less that the price of most mascara's out there. There's not harm in trying it out since it is only a dollar.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Holagirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

What i like about this product is that it makes my eyelashes look a lil bit more visible and a little bit longer(i have short eyelashes) i also like how creamy it is but i dont like how Sometimes i keep coating up this product and it won't add volume or lenght to my eyelashes what so ever i guess it depends how you put this product and how much time you put in it.Most of all this is a great product and its affortable for anyone.:)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2013 8:43:00 PM More reviews by ocelot1

Epic fail for me. I have straight stubborn lashes. This didn't hold a curl, didn't seem to do anything to my lashes in terms of length or or thickness and it appeared to have very little pigment. Don't understand what the hype is about this mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2013 6:07:00 PM More reviews by KBistheplace2B

This product was my HG for a long time. It is not much of thickening mascara but it allows length for days lol. Its long non synthetic brush allows for each eyelash to be coated evenly with the right amount of product to precisely elongate the lashes to your exact liking. You also have the option to layer the mascara to create even more drama. This mascara is a steal for short lashes and longer hairs alike. The drawback for me was the that is was not waterproof, but if that does not bother you, I would say gamble 98 cents at you local wal-mart and give this baby a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by cherryblossom14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this mascara for $1.47 at Walmart. It was really inexpensive and I'm just starting out with makeup so I was like "Why not just try this out?" and I was really impressed. The wand works great, the formula isn't too thick, and the packaging it well made. It doesn't clump easily and I like the way it makes my eyes look. :) Great mascara for any makeup beginners out there!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by lrachel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm going through a bit of a mascara-buying phase right now and am currently trying out several. Instant Lash was my most recent purchase.

This is a great mascara if you are looking for something that gives a YLBB (Your Lashes but Better) look. Very natural. I found the color to be not as intense as other black mascaras. I would call it a soft black.

Pros: It separates and defines well. Lashes look soft. Removed easily. Did not transfer and dries fast. No smudgies. Perfect amount of product on brush (that's a pet-peeve of mine........too much product that I end up wasting because I wipe it on a tissue).

Cons: I am a volume-girl and still did not get anywhere close to the volume I wanted, even after four coats. Since there are other mascaras that volumize AND define better, this is not one I will reach for to accomplish that goal.

Overall, I found this to be a very similar look to Maybeline's Full & Soft. If I was in the market for a natural, softer look without worrying about volume, I would purchase this over the F&S, simply because it performs as well and is quite a lot cheaper.

I'm going to try this again with my Cils primer to see if the combo will work (I figure the cost of Cils is cancelled out by the inexpensiveness of NYC).