October 1, 2014 | 1951 users online

Eyeliner - Essence - Gel Eyeliner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 2:24:00 PM More reviews by upinspace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Sososo amazing for the price. I actually prefer it wat over my mac fluidline and smashbox.

Its quite a thick creamy consistency, I really find it similar to the Bobbi brown gel eyeliner. (I prefer the bb one a touch more because it has a nice finish) Its matte and black and just so good. Its pretty water resistent and will not budge on me. Lasts all day, nothing is faulting really. Easy to work with and doesn't flake and all that.

100% reccomend!!!! I got it at Ulta for ~ $4.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2014 4:34:00 PM More reviews by brigwij

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my first review on makeupalley bc I'm usually too lazy to rate products, but I can honestly say this is one of my fav products by far!! I used to use ELF's cream eyeliner but that would ALWAYS SMUDGE and get all over my eyelids. Unlike this eyeliner! This essence eyeliner is a miracle---I have super oily eyelids and it does not even transfer after 8 hours. It's worth it to buy the eyeliner brush too. The total comes out to 6 bucks. Just buy it!

P.s- when I went to buy it at ULTA most of the ones in stock were dried out, so make sure you inspect them before you choose the one you wanna buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2014 9:12:00 PM More reviews by cheesedippable

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I find that it applies best with a small angle eyeliner brush, like the sigma e65. The brush tip kind usually causes the gel liner to streak on me, resulting in having to go back again and again to build up the opacity. Otherwise, I feel like I've had this forever and I'm still less than halfway through the product and I use it almost everyday. It does not budge, although recently, I've looked in the mirror at the end of the day and noticed small flakes. I think it's the result of the liner being on its way to drying out. But I've had it for so long and I know that gel liner tends to do that after a while. This one just seems to last longer than the others in terms of not drying out. I would definitely recommend getting it!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/3/2014 8:35:00 PM More reviews by xoJemz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Did I get a messed up jar? I had high hopes for this Essence gel eyeliner and omg it was a HUGE disappointment. It was dry the very first time I used it and so it did not come out opaque at all! I tried to work with it by wetting my eyeliner brush then just going over a line 2-3 times to make it blaaack because hey, it's like $3 so why not try to work with it. I was going to deal with that since my fave eyeliner got discontinued (Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips, Custom Eye Enhancing Gel Creamliner for brown eyes [$10-ish]) BUT the Essence eyeliner would flake off my eyelid! Wtf!? PF (Physician's Formula) was the first gel/cream eyeliner I've ever tried and I fell in love with it (just the black one - not so much the other colors) and it never flaked and it was creamy in the jar... so Essence was the COMPLETE opposite.

I tried the Rimmel one and thank god I found it. It surpasses my great experience with Physician's Formula. The Rimmel one is around $5, so $2 more than a crappy Essence eye liner? So worth it and still very cheap for a gel/cream eyeliner that WORKS!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2014 6:23:00 PM More reviews by lenazheng

Delivers a solid, clean line. The color is extremely opaque. After it quickly dries over 30 seconds, the eyeliner does not smudge! Only bad thing is that with time, the product can dry out. Great eyeliner for its price

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by laurenheartsmakeup

This product is so underrated! It's sitting in the corner of Ulta waiting to be noticed. Try it out. Way better than Bobbi Brown or Maybelline. It's only two bucks.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 8:25:00 PM More reviews by chloemorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Brilliant eyeliner! It has permanently replaced my MAC fluidline. It holds up well, doesn't smudge or transfer to my bottom waterline and is a black as it gets. I feel stupid for having wasted so much money of MAC's product when this was sitting in my local pharmacy for a fraction of the price. I think word has gotten out about how amazing this eyeliner gel is, because I haven't seen it in stock recently. I also purchased a their eyeliner brush and it has been equally as wonderful. The pair help achieve the perfect thin winged eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 4:37:00 AM More reviews by lcagcaoili

I love this product! Itís creamy, smooth, lasts the whole day, smudgable but it sets and itís just a beautiful beautiful true black. Itís not streaky or anything and you can use an angled or a fine tip brush. For the price, thereís really nothing more I can say. This is so worth the money, guys. Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Xxcassx

Absolutely love this. It goes on smoothly, doesn't run when sweating / in water. Very easy to get off. I compared this to the maybelline gel liner and they're pretty similar. Just the maybelline one is slightly creamier. But id definitely buy this one over the maybelline one any day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm somewhat on the fence about this liner.
I guess I'll go through the negatives first, since there aren't really all that many, but the ones that exist are kind of big.
First off, the formula is HARD. I mean extremely dry and difficult to work with. Perhaps it's just the pot I purchased, but I have to dip back into the pot with my liner brush numerous times to get a clean line. Very strange.
The packaging might be the cause of that, since it is not sealed in the store and likely have been opened numerous times, exposing it to the air. Also, the cap doesn't tighten very well, so I foresee this liner drying out completely very soon.
Those two points are close to making me say I would not repurchase, but the outcome once it's on is so great that I'm tempted to say I'd go back in for another pot.
First off, it's quite black. As gel liners go, it's darker than most I've seen. It's very black and matte, which is great since some regular liquid liners don't give that effect. I really love how it looks.
Also, it STAYS. And stays and stays and stays. My eyelids are quite oily (though I do use a primer and a pretty long-lasting shadow) and this stuff holds on for dear life. That's a big selling point for me.
Overall, I do like this liner. I just wish the formula was easier to work with. Perhaps I'll try buying another pot online so I know it's not been tampered with and see if it's any smoother.