Chanel Vitalumiere

3.9

water, ethylhexyl palmitate, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, cyclomethicone, talc, caprylic/capric triglyceride, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, propylene glycol, PEG-30 dipolyhydroxystearate, glycerin, butylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, fragrance, methylparaben, disteardimmonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, polyglyceryl-3 beeswax, propylparaben, tocopherol, lecithin, ascorbyl palmitate, glyceryl stearate, alcohol denat., walnut seed, silica, laminaria digitata extract, glyceryl oleate, sodium hyaluronate, aluminum hydroxide, citric acid, sodium metabisulfate, BHT, licorice extract, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben.

on 2/19/2015 3:13:00 AM

I've tried this foundation just 2 weeks ago,never had the chance to try it out without paying the full price which (for my philosophy) was too much money all at once to splurge.
So as I usually do, I've waited for the right moment to come, and found the bottle at this international sale and bought it cheaply...and since I've been trying to find my perfect shade match, I reckon shade 25 Petale would be just fine....
and it is PEEERFEEECT!!!
it has yellowish undertone, and it is amazing shade for my NC/NW 30.
Now I have combination skin which is so damn hard to please when it comes to foundations and I have to bare in mind my skin's needs, colour,undertone,season...I mean, one doesn't just walk into a store and grab first foundation which promises miracles...you have to give yourself the time to try it out...
so I did.for two weeks I've been wearing this amazing foundation and all I can say-it.is.perfect.
I have Vitalumiere Aqua B50 which is a tad too dark,and it is a good foundation but it lacks something...something the original Vitalumiere has.glow.not dewyness which I kinda hate but satiny,healthy glow...and I don't find it to be sticky after an hour like most of the foundations on my skin tend to be....
it is very moisturizing,lightweight though it is thick in consistency....but nevertheless easily spread,smooth and with smell that I don't find offensive in any way...

So,my humble verdict- I recommend it for the girls and boys with normal skin, even combination like mine is....it lasts for at least 5 hours, and fades without being cakey or uneven.....try to find your right shade in daylight ,and since I don't put any loose powder to fix it, I don't think it acquires that step either...it is satiny and you have to see on your skin if it needs some blotting....
after this bottle runs out I'm thinking of even paying the full price for it in the store....
I'm very satisfied, and this one is a great foundation for sure!

does not oxidize either!

on 12/30/2014 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have dry sensitive acne prone skin with normal to oily t-zone

Pros:
-Shade matches well (010 Limpide)
-Does not oxidize
-Hydrating
-Dewy/Radiant Finish
-Sheer to Medium Coverage

Cons:
-You will need a concealer if you have blemishes
-Scented
-DOES accentuate dry skin by 4+ hours wear (ALCOHOL is an ingredient in the foundation)
-HARDLY any shade selection - I'm NC25-30 and 010 LIMPIDE matched me...

For the $$$$ - you can definitely find a better foundation, this foundation would probably be better for those with normal to slight oily skin.

For reference - NC 25-30/ Diorskin Star 021 Linen/ MUFE HD 118/ MUFE F&B 32/ YSL TE BD50/Dolce and Gabbana Perfect Reveal Lift in 120/ Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum 53

on 12/27/2014 6:14:00 PM

I bought this to try it after hearing a lot of hype about it. It's a luxurious brand and I felt excited about buying it but really it's just a foundation that costs a lot. It's quite light and easy to apply. I wear my foundation quite sheer but I can see how you would be using a lot of product to build up a better coverage. I thought it had a funny smell, it wasn't perfumey but there was a smell. When it was hot my face would be quite shiny and greasy and at times I found it would break my skin out. It was a nice purchase and glad I tried it but I don't think it's for me.xx

on 12/12/2014 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This foundation is a sheer to medium coverage that sits on your skin no matter how much you try to blend it in. After an hour, you will have to blot and do mandatory touch ups or you will look greasy. Did I mention it oxides into a orangey pinky hue the more you apply it just awful. Why did I forget that all Chanel makeup oxides like this from my experience. The price is awful at 60 dollars I would rather use MAC or NARS.

on 11/10/2014 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Skin: NC15-20, sensitive, dry combination and prone to hormonal acne. Pores easily clogged.

On my never ending search for a new HG foundation. I stumbled across this one. I don't usually use Chanel as I am concerned with my sensitive skin. But after rave reviews I gave this a go.

I bought the satin smoothing in 20 Clair which was a little too dark. Very comfortable to put on. No over powering fragrance. I wore it over Estee Lauder Hydrationist for dry skin and no primer.

It offered very very sheer coverage and lasted for about 2 hours before I started to shine in the T zone. By 4 hours, I had very visible foundation sitting on my pores as the foundation broke apart on my face. Needless to say, there was no coverage at this stage.

When I eventually took it off at night (13 hrs later) all I had left was small raised red bumps on certain parts of my face. Thankfully they went away over night.

I had wanted to try it with a heavier silicon based moisturiser but given the sheer coverage and reaction. I am tempted to just toss it out.

on 9/22/2014 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Unfortunately, the foundation is difficult to wear in many situations. if it's too humid, if it's hot, if you need to rush out the door to grab a bus/train... Every time I use this foundation I'm just hoping the weather would be perfect (cool, dry) and THEN it works great. Otherwise it just looks like it never dried out...and wayyy too oily. I'm in my mid 30's with combined skin. For this money many brands have better foundations, such as Sisley :)

on 9/18/2014 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am somewhere between MAC NC15 and NC20, but NC15 is too pale, so I usually call myself NC20. I was matched to Pro Lumiere 10 Limpide when Pro Lumiere was still available, and I absolutely loved it. Since it was discontinued, I tried almost all the other Chanel foundations, but this Vitalumiere seems the worst.

First of all, 10 Limpide is way too dark for me - I looked at myself under a natural lighting and it was horrible, my neck is probably 4 shades lighter than my face.

Secondly, it oxidises...(or is it really the true colour?) It turns orange on my face, and I look so dull. I've tried to mix it with a pure white liquid foundation (which was especially designed for makeup artist to adjust the shades of foundation), and it is lighter, but still have the orange undertone... I just wanted to use up all of the foundation - it is expensive and I still have half a bottle left... I guess I can still use it up if I don't mind coming to work every day with an orange face...

Won't buy this again.

on 8/10/2014 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love during the winter
Hate during the summer

It's moisturizing, great for fall/winter/spring and smells very good like the signature chanel scent. Its more of a medium coverage and finish is dewy and skin-like which I really like for everyday or night time. Oddly enough, when I wash it off my face feels very soft which I can't complain about.

During the summer, this foundation feels heavy and I just stay away from it because it makes me feel like my skin can't breathe so I opt for the oil free vitalumiere aqua foundation which is much "lighter" in weight and texture.

I recommend for dry to normal skin but definitely test it for a day before purchasing

on 4/22/2014 8:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got a free sample of this out of a magazine in "Beige/30" which frankly, is too dark for me. Meanwhile it is heavily scented (like a floral perfume) and provided a natural-looking finish with a lasting amount of medium coverage.

I have dry skin and this felt nice - not too heavy, but certainly not "weightless". I can tell I have foundation on.

For $70+ there is NO WAY I will buy the full bottle.
I am sticking to Beauticontrol and MUFE for now.

on 4/5/2014 12:53:00 PM

Perfect winter foundation. Moisturizing and absolutely lovely for my very dry skin (needs a lot of TLC during swedish winters).
Too moisturizing for summer but i like to add some of it to the dryer foundations.
It just gives you such a healthy glow! Some problem areas shine through but I dont really bother caring when skin look so happy all in all.
If you want to powder, use something a little illuminating and not super matte cause it defeats the purpose of vitalumiere.

Light/Medium coverage.

I use the shade Limpide which is a dead on NC15.

I love Chanel <3