November 27, 2014 | 1621 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Laura Mercier - Foundation Primer Radiance

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2014 1:47:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am in love with this glow-providing primer! I've been using it for a couple of weeks now, and it really evens out my skin tone as well as giving me that glowing, dewy skin look that I covet. It feels really nice on the skin and I have had zero problems with breakouts. Would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2014 8:04:00 AM More reviews by Roxierue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've started mixing a small amount of this primer with my Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation before applying to my face. I love ELDW, but felt it was looking a little too matte or "flat." The primer adds just the right amount of life to my face without looking shiny. A perfect glow. ELDW is very long-wearing, but I used to get a little oily shine in my T-zone within a few hours. LM's radiance primer keeps the foundation looking nice longer, and T-zone doesn't get oily as fast. Bonus!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2014 12:45:00 PM More reviews by celestesong

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

An excellent primer, especially if you have dry or sensitive skin. I'm a big fan of Laura Mercier products -- I generally find them to provide natural, medium coverage. And this primer is certainly a staple part of my make up routine.

This products absorbs well and gives a dewy glow to my skin. It works best if you do give it some time to set in; sometimes the effect is lessened if you just layer foundation immediately on top of it. I generally add either LM's tinted moisturizer or By Terry's Expert Coverage Foundation on top of this. I've also just worn this with just moisturizer on days when I want to have a very natural, glowy look that also evens out my skin tone. My skin is also pretty sensitive and I've never had a bad reaction to this.

I think the key to this product is perspective; if you are generally using 5+ products on your face every day (moisturizer, serum, primer, foundation, concealer, highlight/contouring, powder, etc) you might not see the effects of this. It might not be worth the investment if you are already using many other products. But if you just use two or three products, you can definitely see the difference here. My foundation lasts longer, sets better, and provides longer lasting coverage with the primer. For a primer, I also find this is reasonably priced; you could pair this easily with a drugstore BB or CC cream and have a high-end look.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2014 5:57:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Iv'e had this little gem in my make-up stash for quite some time, Iv'e been giving it a really good go lately under different foundations and BB creams. it's winter here at the moment so to be able to achieve a little glow brightens the day..

This comes out of the tube a shimmery gold colour but blends into your skin seamlessly as no colour just leaving behind a healthy looking glow. I use this after a moisturiser, make-up applies over this smoothly. The tube looks small but contains 30mls and you only need a very tiny amount so this is lasting ages.

On my Normal/Combination skin I can only afford to pop this on my forehead and cheeks, as my nose gets shiny and I have pores on my nose that I would rather not have a beacon on! This week I have been using this under a Skin79 BB and also a Guerlain foundation and loving the healthy glow this gives off. I really don't find this making my make-up last any longer and sure it probably will be a repurchase if they are still making it by the time I go to replace this as I only need the most minute amount.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Schmanna22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is, hands down, one of my favorite primers. I have dry skin, so imparting a glow and looking moisturized is a top priority for me.

It looks good under every foundation I own. For those with a more matte or natural finish, it makes my skin look more supple and glowy, and for those with a dewier finish, it adds to the effect without being over the top. It extends the life of my makeup and even shines through powders. Love this stuff.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by aimeexo

Not for my very oily skin, which is a shame because it gives my skin an amazing glow.

PROS:
- Consistency: thick, lotion like. Absorbs into the skin well and blends easily
- color: nice shimmery pink/bronzey color which adds a beautiful subtle glow under foundation
- the shimmer is not chunky or glittery which allows it to look very natural
- scent: very subtle, I do not believe there is fragrance added
- size of the product: I thought it was very expensive, until I saw the size of the bottle. It gives a large amount of product for the price (compared to smashbox which is my current primer)

CONS:
- not good for my oily skin. I found it to be moisturizing, so my makeup started to slide around after a few hours
- the shimmer can build up in places if you do not blend it out thoroughly
- compared to drugstore or other primers, it can be expensive
- doesn't lengthen my makeup wear. If anything, it made my makeup last not as long compared to no primer at all

I ended up returning this primer because it did not cause my makeup to last longer, as a primer should. This product would probably work better for people with dry/dull skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2014 11:25:00 AM More reviews by wenyuzhang88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This was part of Sephora's Laura Mercier 500-point perk. I'm a big sucker for dewy finishes, so this was a great find for me. It primes your face well and adds a glow to it at the same time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/29/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I have had this for several years, and almost never use it. So for the past couple of days, I used it on half of my face (right side), and used another primer on the rest of my face, to compare them. The other one (Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer), fared much better, though I am not sure that I think that primer is necessary for me. This one, to start, doesn't blend smoothly. I use my fingers, and feel like it kind of drags. The color is also a turnoff. Too dark, and frosty gold. It also makes it look like I have giant pores on my cheeks, when in actuality they are almost invisible. And it does nothing to combat oil. By the end of the day, the right side of my face was quite oily.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by kimmie578

I have been using this product for about a year, not really sure if it was ever doing anything. The SA just suggested I get it when I got a foundation match at the counter. My tube is almost empty, so in an effort to save money and cut down on the amount of products I put on my face in the morning (sunscreen, primer, foundation, concealer, setting powder, then Hourglass Dim Light) I thought I would skip it for a few mornings to see if I could tell a difference.

It does seem that this primer makes my make up look better. The few days I went without it, my face make up looked drier, and looked duller. I wouldn't say that this primer makes make up last an astoundingly long time, but perhaps extends it a bit for the day. Like I mentioned, the biggest issue I saw was the dry/dull look I had, and the powders didn't quite set right either, they were more noticeable( and the wonderful thing about my powders is that they aren't noticeable at all, but still make my skin look airbrushed). So, I guess I will be repurchasing.

It does have a very very subtle shimmer when dispensed out of the tube, but once it is on your face, your face just looks kind of glowy, slightly on the "heavy" dewey side. That effect pretty much goes away once I put foundation over it. So really this just does a good job of hydrating my skin and helping foundation apply better.

For reference, I have dry skin but a normal T-zone. I think this primer is well suited for dry skin types, if I were oily, I'd steer clear, has the potential to be too shiny/oily looking due to the shimmer.

4 stars because I didn't notice a big difference in how long my make up stayed fresh without vs. with the primer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2014 1:04:00 PM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

A beautiful primer free from any silicones!?! YES!!! That is one of the BIGGEST reasons why I love this product. Most priming products contain a bunch of silicone which breaks me out like none other. LM contains none. Instead it contains Squalane, vitamins A, C, and E...and Jojoba oil. All ingredients that are actually GOOD for your skin! Also, it gives the most perfect "glow" under any foundation while helping whatever you're applying over go on smooth and evenly. I mix this with my Nars Sheer Glow to actually get a sheer, glowy foundation. I also apply it alone and dust with a little mineral powder for more natural days. The light diffusing pigments help to blur any imperfections on your skin....and I def get away with using less foundation over this....and my skin still looks flawless! I would say due to all the moisturizing properties this product is best on normal to dry skin. It would add WAY too much moisture to already oily skin types! I am normal and instead of moisturizing before makeup in a AM I sometimes just use this by itself. If you were really dry you may want to use your regular moisturizer, then this. I apply with my normal flat top stippler....which I also use for foundation. I have applied this in a hurry with my fingertips, and it goes on just as beautifully. If you're looking for something to brighten up your skin and give a beautiful radiance....this does exactly that, like the name implies!