October 31, 2014 | 779 users online

Masks - GLAMGLOW - Mud Mask

rated 2 of 5 on 10/9/2014 7:34:00 PM More reviews by Lpeterso15

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to like this product because of all the great reviews but it hurts so much when I put it on and it gives me a little rash. I've never been allergic to any products before so I'm not sure if this is normal or not. It is not a relaxing experience by any means.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I have been using it for the past 6 months. Or rather trying to use it up. It smells great. It's somewhat easy to apply (apart from these falling off green tea leaves). My good points stop there. It's really abrasive if you try to use it as a scrub. In a bad way. At least my skin can not take it. I break out every single time I use it. And it's not purging. It's fine as a mask as long as I use it as such - applying and washing it off. But then again I don't really see any particularly amazing results from it. A rather dissapointing result for such an expensive mask/scrab. Not going to repurchase. Probably going to bin the unfinished pot as well. Or use it up on my feet - it's abrasive enough for that.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2014 8:15:00 AM More reviews by mirandamall

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I give it 3 stars, because:

It's a nice mask, I purchased it and started right away. After 2 minutes you feel this stuff "tingle" and it makes you glow after you rinsed it off. I would give it 5 stars if the glow stayed for more then 1 day. It's nice when you are preparing for a night out.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2014 7:39:00 AM More reviews by alia1issam

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

AMAZING product! enough said!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 5:24:00 PM More reviews by Mrright1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I ask my" go to girl" in Sephora for a mask to help with blackheads. She went right to this product. Gave me a large sample. When it first went on, there was some tingling. A little strong. Then as it started to dry it felt good. I could actually see it in action on my nose and chin. The rinse off took some time. The result was way more than I expected. Cystic acne on my chin and cheek were noticeably smaller, and healed the next day. Pores on nose and chin were clean. Will I be investing? Yes! I'm not a easy customer with beauty products, but this is really a winner for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2014 3:59:00 PM More reviews by dotttB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I first tried a sample of this, I did not know it had pieces of leaves in it. I rinsed a bit down the sink thinking it was a bad tube and some had solidified. Well, when I did realize it's leaves, I applied it and I felt like an elf or fairy with ivy leaves on my face, frolicking in the woods. This mask basically is like a mask and exfoliant in one. It did leave my skin looking glowy and good. You could probably use Queen Helene mint julep mask followed by their scrub and get similar results, but I do like this stuff. It multitasks.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by MeloraRabbit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I first got this as a sample, and loved the feel of using it and the results so much I bought a full size for myself and as a gift for my mother in law.
I used it as a mask, then as I rinsed I used it like a scrub. I liked the smell and the gritty texture. It burned just a tiny bit but felt very effective. I loved the end result! and my husband even said my face looked bright and fresh right after I used it.

Although I love this product I dont know if Ill buy again because it is soooo expensive for such a tiny amount of product.

Pros: Great exfoliator with tea leaves and pumice in the mix
Leaves skin feeling fresh, glowing and toned
made my pores look much smaller (temporarily)
Skin really looks refreshed, toned and refined right after use
Pleasant smell and tingle

Cons:
Results are not long lasting.
Super expensive product (75USD) for one little jar
the jar is only HALF FULL (if even half!), half the bottom of the jar is just solid glass. and its packaged in a big box (Very wasteful packaging). So when you first buy it you feel you're getting a pound of the stuff, when in reality you only get like 3 tablespoons at most. Once full size jar lasted me about 8-10 full face and neck applications

I use the Aztec Secret mixed with ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar) regularly. It is super cost effective and its kind of clarifying and toning. I helps dry out my very oily skin. BUT I must say I loved the GLAM YouthMud waaaaay more. Sadly, It is definitely a splurge item. I may buy again, and resist the urge to use it except for before special occasions or social outings.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 11:19:00 AM More reviews by hilarykirkpatrick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I first used this product as a sample and loved it -i loved it so much that I used it on my wedding day!
I am surprised by the poor reviews. I bought the full product and I use this as a spot treatment on zits, and as an overall mask.
It tingles at first (for me it doesn't burn) then slowly hardens. When you wash it off it is a very nice exfoliant.
It gives me a beautiful glow, makes my skin very soft and smooth, and makes my zits smaller and less red. I feel like the volcanic clay ingredient sucks up the oil from the zit... I love it!
Bulky packaging, high price and a small amount of actual product are definite draw backs, but for me the glow and zit-killing makes it worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/6/2014 10:51:00 PM More reviews by jolson428

Holy face burn!! I received a sample of this and did not even keep on for a full minute, the directions state there will be a "tingle-tastic tightening effect" but all I felt was my skin on fire. I rinsed immedately with cold water. And I don't even have sensitive skin.

Will never purchase this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by monicaandree

First of all, this product looks revolting. It's the color of mud, which is fine, but it has these weird leaf like pieces in it and does not apply evenly. I literally gagged while putting it on my face. Beyond that, I didn't think this was any different than any Freeman clay mask I have used. I would never recommend this to anyone.