Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter (All Shades)

Polybutene , Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2 , Tridecyl Trimellitate , Octyldodecanol , PETROLATUM, Hydrogenated Polydecene , Neopentyl Glycol Diethylhexanoate , Jojoba , Polyethylene , Ozokerite , Cetyl PEG , PPG-10 , 1 Dimethicone , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate , Hexyl Laurate , Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate , Beeswax, Zinc Ricinoleate , Squalane , Silica , Shea Butter , Butter Mango , Palmitoyl Oligopeptide , TOCOPHEROL ACETATE, Coconut Oily, Synthetic Wax , Ethylhexyl Palmitate , Dimethicone , Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer , Isodecyl Neopentanoate , Tribehenin , Sorbitan Isostearate , Fragrance , BHT , Caprylyl Glycol , 1,2 Hexanediol , May Contain: Mica , Titanium Dioxide (CI,77891) , Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499) , Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) , Red 7 Lake (CI 15850:1) , Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985) , Red 33 Lake (CI 17200) , Carmine (CI 75470) , Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) , Red 6 Lake (CI 15850)

on 9/5/2015 3:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My Holy Grain Lip Colour!!! I cannot say enough wonderful things about this product. It is AMAZING! It goes on smooth, it stays on smooth. It has wonderful colour pay off and it actually appears to plump my tiny lips in a big way. I am incredibly surprised and super impressed by this product. I see absolutely no cons, except for maybe that I am running out and need to buy more. As in, tomorrow. Try it!

on 9/3/2015 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this lip butter in the shade Candy Apple, which is a nice bright red colour. It was a total impulse purchase based almost entirely on how many beauty YouTubers I had heard ranting and raving about it. It's definitely a good product, but due to personal tastes I can't see myself running to the store to buy more. The colour is gorgeous and can be built up from a sheer colour to something much more bright and vivid, and I like the shine and hydration it gives my lips. But it's definitely not a long-lasting product; by the time two or three hours have passed, it's completely gone, especially if I've been eating or drinking. I like something that's a little more long-lasting. And while the packaging is cute, it almost seems like the tube is just a tad too small for the product itself, because whenever I retract the product back into the tube, some of it collects at the top of the tube and just makes a bit of a mess.
So, like I said, I do like this product, I will use it until it's gone, but probably won't repurchase after that just because I want more long-lasting lip colours. But if you like something more glossy and sheer, then you will definitely like this product!

on 8/23/2015 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Last year I bought this in Gum Drop at Big Lots, which was probably a bad idea because of how many discontinued makeup items they sell (you fall in love with something and then you can never find it again). I really liked this shade. It's a cute, light lavender that isn't crazy enough to divert attention, but unusual enough to turn a few heads. I bought this along with Cherry Tart, a bright red that gives me a healthy MLBB look. I bought them at about $2-3 each. I like the formula, creamy and buttery, but the lip butters themselves aren't extremely pigmented. Good for a light look, which I like on days when I'm not in the mood for my usual dark, goth makeup, or when I just feel like I need something on my lips. Lasting power is kinda meh, but then again, these weren't made to last all day, they were made to be smooth, buttery glosses. I will say, however, that the packaging is absolutely precious! It's probably my favorite packaging that I have ever seen on a lip product. It makes me feel like royalty whenever I take that textured cap off. To whomever came up with that design at Revlon, you're a marketing genius. Over all, these are nice products. I probably wouldn't buy them at full price, but if I see any more discontinued shades at discount stores like Big Lots, I won't hesitate to pick them up!

Meh. Not bad but not something I like.

Packaging: Nice and pretty. Very pleased with it. The color is easy to see and tell which one is which and it functions perfectly.

Formula: Not sure how I feel about this. Actually, I do know that i'm not a fan of it. It's smooth and creamy, but too creamy. it's slips around on the lips, doesn't stay in place, bleeds, and feathers. Although it has a nice glossy finish.

Longevity: Blah. About 30 minutes to an hour. Not my cup of tea.

Scent: A slight vanilla scent. Appealing, but not overwhelming.

I have the shades, Juicy Papaya, Sweettart, Gumdrop, and I used to own Creamsicle. They are all pigmented and easy to apply. I just don't reach for them.

Juicy Papaya is my favorite. It's a gorgeous everyday peachy nude. Not too nude, not too peach, not too bright, not too light, right in the middle.
Sweettart is a bright fuchsia. This color would suit many skin tones and would work for any occasion. Very nice.
Gumdrop is a lavender. Straight up lilac, lavender. It has mirco shimmers in it as well. I honestly don't know when I'd wear this color out haha. Very light and white based.
Creramsicle is a light nude. Almost concealer-like with a gloss. I love it and I don't know how I misplaced it. Anyway, beautiful color.

I'm not buying anymore because of the too creamy, not long lasting formula. Other than that, these are good products.

on 8/11/2015 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have this in the shade berry smoothie and I love it. It's a neutral pink color easy for every day wear. I also have pink truffle which is darker but still in a similar shade range as berry smoothie. The only weird difference I've noticed between the two shades is that berry smoothie contains visible glitter in the tube(not as much on the lips) whereas pink truffle does not. The formula is very light on the lips and not too heavy, which I like. However, they only last a couple of hours without eating or drinking. The packaging is very high end looking, which may be somewhat reflected in the price. It's about $7 but there's always deals at CVS.

on 8/9/2015 11:25:00 AM

I like sheer lipsticks, but this was a bit greasy on the lips and slips off pretty easily. I probably won't repurchase.

on 8/9/2015 4:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Awesome lippie!!!

I have Colorburst Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie and Sweet Tart. Both lippies are extremely hydrating, with Berry Smoothie being slightly more. Both lippies are so smooth and easy to apply. At first, the color is not very obvious, but it's very buildable.

Good job Revlon.

on 7/22/2015 6:20:00 PM

I have super thin skinned lips so moisturisation i incredibly important when it comes to my lip products. So I bought these thinking they would help keep my lips from drying out when I wore colour.

Long story short- these make my lips crack and bleed every time.

I own several so I know it is not just a one shade problem but these apply patchy and cling do any dryness in your lips. But it only gets worse though out the day 2 hours in and my lips are already cracked and peeling.

on 6/13/2015 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Bargain! Really nice smooth silky lip balm texture with surprisingly intense colour payoff and a bit of shine. Easy to wear, great for work. Really works for someone like me with quite pigmented lips who wants a sheer, pure colour amplification of their natural lip, with a bit of shine.

I bought 3 colours (Candy Apple, Sorbet, Raspberry Pie) & might get Wild Watermelon next time I shop.

I use Candy Apple and Sorbet alone as a soft red and soft hot pink, Raspberry Pie is sort of in between those two colours and a bit too cool/dark for my skin tone but I've been using it to top off/blend/touch up my Stila matte red stay-all-day lip colour. And anyway for $10?? I'm not worried.

I do hate the packaging because it looks so cheap -- and as another reviewer mentioned the base of the tube is so narrow it's hard to grab when pulling the top off.

However, that's really a trivial complaint considering the quality of the product, and the fact that there isn't anything else out there that does exactly what this lipcolour does. (For two years I have been trying to find a replacement for a product by Aussie brand Rosie Jane -- an intense but sheer cheek gloss which I was using on my lips. Couldn't find anything .. till now!)
LOVE.

on 5/28/2015 9:26:00 AM

Love love love this lip butter. Have three shades so far (Red Velvet, Cherry Tart, Sweet Tart) and will purchase more when they go on sale again (got them for $3.99 CDN each!) Goes on sheer but can be built up into really nice colour pop. Not heavy or drying. My only gripe is that it can be difficult to open as the top and bottom caps meet very low on the tube.

Video Reviews & Tutorials