September 18, 2014 | 1920 users online

Cleansers - Burt's Bees - Sensitive Facial Cleanser with Cotton Extract

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2014 12:04:00 AM More reviews by pamxla

I have really sensitive skin and after a few days of usage, the redness of my skin died down significantly. People around me were commenting as my cheeks used to be really significant. I'm really glad and will definitely purchase again! However the smell is something that one may not like but I'm okay with it. As for price wise, it's really worth it for $20 for a tube. Can get it from sephora.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 9:27:00 PM More reviews by flautenmusik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I really enjoy using this face wash. To be fair, I have extremely dry skin...the kind that looks like a lizard molting during the dry seasons. I need a cleanser that will get my skin clean, while not stripping the oils as well. This seems to do the job. It's unscented, but does have a pleasant, natural aroma. The cream is very thick, and it is easy to spread on my face. I only need to use an almond-sized amount to wash my entire face.

My skin is usually red right after washin, but this seems to keep the redness at bay. I've used a few other cleansers that I've gotten samples of, but I haven't found anything that I like more than this. The price is decent, since one package lasts me so long.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2014 9:33:00 AM More reviews by MissXMx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Background: I have very sensitive skin which is prone to breakouts, redness, excess oil, blackheads and reactions to products. I bought this cleanser after having a bad skin reaction from using a harsh shampoo - my skin was very sore and I wanted someone calming and gentle.

Usage: I use this product in the evenings to take off my make up before bed. I bought a large bottle from Holland & Barrett for 10 - a tad pricey but great for how much you get. The directions say to rinse it off with water but I like to just wipe it off with cotton pads before bed so that I get that extra moisturising effect overnight (this might not be good for everyone but I felt it was too drying otherwise!).

Outcome: After a few weeks using this cleanser, I really love it. It's quite thick but that is a good thing for my skin because I like the cooling effect it has. I'm so grateful to have found a product that doesn't irritate my skin!! I have only given 4 rating overall because I still have some redness and blackheads but there is much improvement from before use. I would definitely purchase this again & recommend people with problem skin to give it a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 1:37:00 AM More reviews by Shakeyhound

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I should have written a review on this long ago. I have the world's most irritable skin, as in tears cause blisters on it, very oily, also flakey at times, acne prone, and many skin allergies. This is the only facial cleanser I have ever used without issue. I have used it for 2 years straight and my skin still likes it. A few weeks ago I went out of town and used someone else's sensitive skin soap because I forgot mine, after one use my skin freaked out and went on strike. After there days of going back to this it was all happy again.

For anyone else out there with problem skin, this might help:

Morning: this cleanser followed by a light layer of raw unrefined Shea butter

Evening,: Burt's bees sensitive skin face wipes followed by maracuja oil

Makeup: smashbox photo ready bb cream, tarte Amazonian clay air buffed powder foundation, lorac touch up to go concealer

Scrub: this cleanser mixed with some sugar, or the BB peach scrub. Only once per week.

I honestly don't know where my skin would be without this product

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by kayabee85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I can't believe I have walked past this product in the store so many times over the years. The reviews for Burt's Bees products are usually mixed so I was hesitant to throw away money on yet another product that won't work but I tried it and am so glad I did. I have very dry, sensitive skin and find it very hard to keep it moisturized without making it oily and breaking out (especially in the winter). What I love about this product is that it is not a soap and so it doesn't strip away the natural moisture of your skin. It leaves my skin feeling thoroughly cleansed and hydrated.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2014 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Barneylovesguava

I purchased this product 3 days ago and I was very skeptical about t because I have purchased so many neutrogena, cetaphil, clean and clear etc cleansers that I thought this one would be no different. When I put the cleanser on... My skin felt amazing. It didn't irritate it, or cause dryness. I have combination to oily skin but usually after cleansing the skin feels really dry. It didn't happen with this cleanser! I'm gonna keep using it because my skin is very sensitive and this removes my thick eye makeup very well. I'm currently on tretinoin so my skin is very sensitive and this cleanser will help my skin feel better. I love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/2/2014 4:03:00 AM More reviews by tia347

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this along with two other burts bees face cleansers for my winter dry skin. This was just too much for me. I felt like I was washing my face with a moisturizer. I was left with a filmy oily unclean face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

This gives me a perfect amount of moisture and does not strip my skin. I'm quite dry and sensitive now due to the weather and it works for me. I use this in the morning for fresh skin, but I don't use it at night to remove makeup.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2013 2:20:00 AM More reviews by sitknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I decided to try this cleanser because I wanted something moisturizing for winter, but I think this is too much for my dehydrated oily skin.

The cleanser is creamy, but it's creamy in a thick, uncomfortable way. I thought it would be similar to the Earth Science ADE creamy cleanser, which is like a runny white lotion. This is more like a lotion that is thick and slightly translucent -- you know, the kind that leaves a residue and doesn't sink in very well.

Continuing on that note, my main issue with this cleanser is that it leaves an uncomfortable residue. Earth Science washed away nicely, and while it did leave a residue, it was a comfortable one that made my skin feel soft and hydrated. On my skin, Pond's works the same way as well (I wipe off with a tissue, then use a warm cloth). This Burt's Bees cleanser was completely different. I felt like I had an oily barrier on my face that neither sank in nor washed off. My skin felt better after patting my face dry with a towel, but it didn't feel hydrated, and I still felt like there was a film. A warm washcloth didn't help either.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by azorek

So far I like this. I have oily skin and this has a lot of oils in it, but it leaves my skin soft, and removes a decent amount of makeup. I used the BB's sensitive skin wipes before this and they worked well, but I feel like I'm getting a better value with this product. Most cleansers that remove makeup this well also leave my face so so dry, and I can't use any moisturizers without getting cystic acne, so this is the perfect medium, a moisturizing face wash. Good for days when you don't have heavy makeup. I probably won't repurchase, and will probably use the rest as a body wash.