April 16, 2014 | 1442 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light Plus

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

I really don't know why I purchased this powder, to me it's completely unremarkable and overhyped. I like that it is very low-coverage and doesn't disrupt my foundation in any way, but it doesn't set it all day either. Around noon I'll see my T-Zone getting oily, resulting in me blotting. I don't see that 'glowy' effect either that everyone raves about. I will say though that 'Light Plus' is a perfect match for my NC25 skintone, however I definitely won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by sashacher

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am in LOVE with this powder. I am so happy that I tried it out on a whim one day after searching for the perfect natural setting powder for so long. I've used several other of MAC's face powders and the skinfinish natural is by far my favorite.

I have combination skin that's usually pretty thirsty (no flaky patches though) and I have quite a bit of oiliness in my T-zone. This powder is an absolute godsend for me. I know MAC recommends their blot or sheer pressed powder for those with oil problems, but those have left me looking extremely dry, dull, and far too matte for my liking. The skinfinish natural sets my tinted moisturizer/foundation so beautifully... it blurs my pores and leaves my skin looking dewy and glowing but not greasy at all! It doesn't give me any cakiness and leaves my skin looking absolutely flawless without that "heavy makeup" look.

I love this powder so much that I don't even mind spending $40 CAD on it. Even though that is REALLY steep, it's definitey worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2014 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Naoto

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am double sided on this review. I do a lot of bridal makeup as well as photography makeup, and this powder always look fantastic on my models and brides. Looks luminous, polished, smooth, and perfect. I use this to set a liquid or gel makeup (not quite holding enough to set a cream, IMO)

HOWEVER, this powder on me looks extremely dry, flakey, and settles into every fine line (that I can't even see on bare skin) within an hour.I always thought it was because my skin is oily, but even during these dry winter months when my skin has been pretty normal, it still looks horrid. My HG powder is Ben Nye luxury powder, always looks real and nearly "airbrushed"... I am a dude, so maybe it is something to do with the "texture" of my skin? I am glad this works for my kit though.

So final verdict, I like this powder, just not for me.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2013 2:22:00 AM More reviews by nadeen4ever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

best powder ever ...never settle in my fine lines...looks natural and just beautiful ..will buy for ever

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by maybellecowbell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I was looking round for a setting powder for my foundation & had read such good things about this powder so i bit the bullet and forked out the money for it. Very disappointed. It is really cakey even if I only use a very small amount. It doesn't give a lasting matte finnish but as it's cakey you can't really layer it.

Total waste of money for me, it looks horrible on me. It drys my skin out horridly but doesn't seem to have any benefits in the way of setting or mattifying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by madelinekay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this. It gives decent coverage and a matte finish. Bought the light plus as I am pale but don't want to look ghostly. Worth the price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2013 9:43:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I had such high hopes....but this was just an average powder which didn't even keep me semi-matte for an hour. I do think that a lot of MAC's loyal fans love it because it is MAC (and how could they do any wrong?) but to me this is unremarkable.

It doesn't clump over my foundation even when it is still wet, so that's something. I had bad luck with some of Mally's powders doing this (and I love a lot of Mally items) so I am pleased with MAC in this regard.

I got this in a swap and I am so glad that I didn't go out and buy this. The color is a perfect match for my NC15 skin though, and doesn't oxidize on me like some powders can. I have read that other reviews use this almost like a mineral foundation, buffing it into the skin rather than on top of a liquid foundation. I haven't tried it like this but perhaps this will work better for me. I will update when I have tried it. I probably still won't repurchase it though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2013 7:30:00 AM More reviews by applecour

honestly, I don't get the hype. it's just a powder. it didn't make my skin look super duper prefect or airbrushed or anything. I used it alone with a flat top brush and Orr foundation and just wasn't really "wowed" like I expected to be. the color match was great for me and it didn't oxidize at all which was a plus, bit it would look a little weird on my oily spots as the day went on. I wouldn't repurchase. I don't know if this was causing my chin to clog or not, but I'll probably give it away.

EDIT: I went back to this, because it ate me up that I spent so much on something that was just sitting in my drawer. Bad mistake! One time, and it caused a cyst on my chin. I was just getting rid of three others, and then another one I get from this crap. I'm putting it in my Back2MAC and leaving it.

**If you have sensitive skin, I DO NOT recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Jennytherese

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this product!

I use this by dabbing my MAC 129 and swirl it on my skin. I get as much coverage as I want since it is easily buildable.

It lasts all day, but the desired look is best kept if I wear a moisturizer underneath.

My new favourite powder (replacing Sensai Kanebo total finish).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

I am so on the fence about this powder because it seems to have multiple personalities. Some days it goes on looking very cakey while other days, it applies and looks as smooth as silk. Some days it lasts for hours while other days, I'm blotting before noon. Some days it looks natural while other days, the disco-ball effect can be seen. And yes, this was applied over the same foundation (MAC Matchmaster).

I've honestly never seen a powder quite like this one.

I'll finish it out, but the inconsistency is leaning me towards not repurchasing. In addition, the package design is also a downer: no mirror and no applicator (or place to store an applicator).