February 28, 2015 | 1707 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Light Plus

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2015 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Drawmeapainting

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been eyeing this for awhile now but I couldn't justify paying the price for it when I was fine with the powder I was using from Milani. I received some gift cards for Bloomingdale's so I decided to go ahead and try this.
After comparing swatches online since I don't live anywhere near a MAC counter or store I decided that even though I am quite fair, Light Plus would be a better match than Light. By some miracle, I was right and Light Plus is a great fit for me. It seems to me there is a decent shade range and even the medium shade seems a little light. I'm not sure of how efficiently the range covers deeper tones though.
I use a duo fiber powder brush to sweep this on gently to set my foundation. It is light in texture but does add some coverage and gives me a demi-matte finish. It doesn't look cakey at all.
I really enjoy this and can even dab on some concealer and buff this in with a kabuki and be okay for minimal makeup days.
In summary, it blends beautifully and lasts all day on me and I have oily/combo skin. The velvety texture sets my foundations perfectly and doesn't add a heavy layer. You get 10 grams of product and I think with even everyday use it'll last a long time. I will repurchase this when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2015 4:40:00 AM More reviews by Ehg23

Perfect! I use it to set my make up everyday and it lasts me six months plus. You can layer it up to help with contouring. This shade goes perfectly with Mac nw15 studio sculpt or YSL fusion ink BR20. The packaging is great I just wish it had a mirror!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2014 1:10:00 PM More reviews by harrisonfjord

This is my HG powder. I have combo-oily skin, so my cheeks are always dry and my T-Zone is an oil slick. This powder is not the most amazing for oil control, but it's other properties are so great I continue to use it. It makes all of my foundations look amazing (even drugstore foundations) and gives my skin an airbrushed look despite my obvious breakouts. The packaging has been updated to include a mirror now. I was initially worried about the shimmery finish drawing attention to my oily skin, but I find that it makes me look healthier and less washed out than most matte powders.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2014 2:29:00 PM More reviews by ainemzi21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So i purchased this pressed powder in Light Plus for my fair skin because i read good reviews on it and i heard it was great for oily skin so i figured why not?
i've just worn it about twice and it does an alright job but nothing that has me raving about it, maybe because i havent worn it too much or given it that much of a chance to but none the less i still go to my drugstore brand L'Oreal True Match for my everyday routine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2014 11:45:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

I've edited my original review of MSFN as I've given it another try with the Real Techniques Powder Brush, and NOW I see why this powder is so loved! I don't know how, but the brush made the see the powder in a whole new, positive way. All I do is swipe the brush into the powder, then apply all over my face, concentrating on my t-zone and chin. I don't use it under my eyes because I use my beloved Ben Nye Banana Powder (with the fantastic Real Techniques Setting Brush). Now whenever I use it, it does indeed last nearly all day, doesn't disrupt my foundation underneath at all, and the low-coverage completely sets my foundation without resulting in the dreaded 'cake-face'. It's very light-weight feeling. My t-zone doesn't get oily around the midday mark, and the shade 'Light Plus' is a perfect match for my NC25 skintone and ELDW foundation shade in '1W2 Sand'. Compared to my everyday face powder staple, Ben Nye Neutral Set, it's not as good. The Neutral Set lasts on me all day and night, in any weather, due to it being being formulated for to withstand the hot stage lights during high-energy stage performances, but it is a good second choice for times I don't want to mess around with loose powders. I'm glad I gave it a second chance.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by sashacher

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am in LOVE with this powder. I am so happy that I tried it out on a whim one day after searching for the perfect natural setting powder for so long. I've used several other of MAC's face powders and the skinfinish natural is by far my favorite.

I have combination skin that's usually pretty thirsty (no flaky patches though) and I have quite a bit of oiliness in my T-zone. This powder is an absolute godsend for me. I know MAC recommends their blot or sheer pressed powder for those with oil problems, but those have left me looking extremely dry, dull, and far too matte for my liking. The skinfinish natural sets my tinted moisturizer/foundation so beautifully... it blurs my pores and leaves my skin looking dewy and glowing but not greasy at all! It doesn't give me any cakiness and leaves my skin looking absolutely flawless without that "heavy makeup" look.

I love this powder so much that I don't even mind spending $40 CAD on it. Even though that is REALLY steep, it's definitey worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2014 11:54:00 PM More reviews by Naoto

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am double sided on this review. I do a lot of bridal makeup as well as photography makeup, and this powder always look fantastic on my models and brides. Looks luminous, polished, smooth, and perfect. I use this to set a liquid or gel makeup (not quite holding enough to set a cream, IMO)

HOWEVER, this powder on me looks extremely dry, flakey, and settles into every fine line (that I can't even see on bare skin) within an hour.I always thought it was because my skin is oily, but even during these dry winter months when my skin has been pretty normal, it still looks horrid. My HG powder is Ben Nye luxury powder, always looks real and nearly "airbrushed"... I am a dude, so maybe it is something to do with the "texture" of my skin? I am glad this works for my kit though.

So final verdict, I like this powder, just not for me.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2013 2:22:00 AM More reviews by nadeen4ever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

best powder ever ...never settle in my fine lines...looks natural and just beautiful ..will buy for ever

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by maybellecowbell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I was looking round for a setting powder for my foundation & had read such good things about this powder so i bit the bullet and forked out the money for it. Very disappointed. It is really cakey even if I only use a very small amount. It doesn't give a lasting matte finnish but as it's cakey you can't really layer it.

Total waste of money for me, it looks horrible on me. It drys my skin out horridly but doesn't seem to have any benefits in the way of setting or mattifying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by madelinekay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this. It gives decent coverage and a matte finish. Bought the light plus as I am pale but don't want to look ghostly. Worth the price.