October 23, 2014 | 1900 users online

Liquid - Smashbox - Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by zee140

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

im comparing this to the mac studio fix and as a foundation itself.. the coverage is build able.. its nourishing stays all day and it has no fragrance.. the coverage is medium-full but i have hyper pigmentation so some dark spots it wasn't really able to cover fully but adding more coats worked .. i gave it 4 lippies because its kind of pricey but yeah .. i like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2014 8:26:00 PM More reviews by biancay

I love, love, love this foundation.
Prior to buying this product I had been using Dior's Flawless foundation, which was basically my HG. I still love that product but in Australia it is ridiculously expensive and so for what isn't the first time, I decided to try something a little cheaper.
For half the price, Smashbox is amazing. Maybe ... even better?? I don't think I will go back to dior. New HG, right here.
The colour matches my fair skin perfectly, whenever I have acne it totally covers it, it lasts all day (and into the night!), and I've gotten so many comments from people saying how flawless my skin looks and asking what product I use. Despite the fact it feels a little thick to the touch, it really doesn't look like I'm wearing heavy foundation. If I tone down my overall makeup look you really can't tell I'm wearing anything.
I literally cannot recommend this enough.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2014 2:20:00 PM More reviews by janekylesam

Bought this product because ulta does not carry Laura Mercier and i was out of foundation expect the drug store kind. I give it a 4 BC it feels cakey. I dont feel flawless with it. Positive side it has full coverage and does last long.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by Sunnygirl12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't own this product. I tried it at Sephora. But after I finish my other foundation, I will purchase. I tried this foundation and I fell head over heel. It's texture is light and it looks very natural. It sets to a semi matte finish. It's light to full coverage. I can't wait finish my other foundation and buy this! It's smashing!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Caxap

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this foundation! My skin sucks for the following reasons: 1) Oily T-zone 2) Dry everything else, to the point of flakiness in the winter 3) Super pale and my face won't tan.
I was looking for something easy and as budge-proof as humanly possible. This stuff is great! It does have moisturizing tendencies to it, but not too much. When my face does get oily, the foundation stays put and true to color and texture, so all I have to do is blot. I have practically stopped using pressed powder!!! Can you believe it?!?! Other stuff would slide around and change colors but not this baby!
Also, I did something .. um .. controversial? I purchased this a couple shades darker than my face and this way, I no longer have to apply bronzer to make my face match my (much more tan) neck. Who woulda thunk!
Here's my routine: 1) Wash face - crazy I know 2) Put on primer or moisturizer 3) Dust oily parts of my face with UD De-Slick Mattifying Powder using a concealer brush 4) Put on foundation, with my fingers, one area of face at a time 5) Dust with loose powder 6) Finish with another coating of the UD De-Slick.
I blot every so often throughout the day, and only after 9+ hours do I consider putting on any more powder, if I am going out at night or something.
One more thing: I would not consider this foundation full coverage. It has not been able to cover breakouts completely, and I tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2014 8:58:00 AM More reviews by sindoodoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I was color-matched to Studio Skin in 3.4 at Sephora; I walked away with samples of 3.3 and 3.4, both of which lasted me quite a while. I haven't bought the foundation yet because I'm trying to use up make-up before I buy any more, but it's definitely on my list. It's kind of like the L'Oreal True Match or Bobbi Brown liquid foundations in that it's water-based and thin and can be built up, although it is a little bit thicker than both of those, so it goes on with a smoother finish. For reference, I am around NC45/NW40, and both 3.3 and 3.4 were good matches for me. While they both run pretty yellow, they also had a nice olive undertone that fit my skin very naturally.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2014 7:03:00 AM More reviews by bellski

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

For reference: I have an oily t-zone and hyper pigmentation, also I get the occasional breakouts. I have used the shade 1.2. which looks a little too yellow for my skin tone (pale) but looks good once applied.
This is a great foundation! First of all, hallelujah for the packaging which comes with a pump. Easy and hygenic. I have for a long time used Estee Lauder Double Wear, but since they discontinued my shade (Shell) in my country I've been looking for a similar one in staying power. This is it! it's a little bit cheaper (around 10 euros less) than the Double Wear and is almost as good in staying in place and not melting off during the day. It dries fast so be quick with the application. I find that I get the best result when I use a damp beauty blender. I don't have to do much touchups during the day, maybe 1 or 2 which is good for me. It is medium coverage, but is buildable as long as you are quick. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2014 6:53:00 PM More reviews by addkg777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

this foundation really took me by surprise because i wasnt expecting much honestly. actually was pretty unbiased but it was alot better than ithought it was going to be. it was very moisturizing and it really did last a long time. the coverage was great but it did become a little too heavy for everyday use. its definitley a winter foundation. i wouldnt buy it again only because i dont need something so heavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 11:36:00 AM More reviews by christygali

I love this foundation! I'm in the shade 2.4 (NC 37). I have combination oily skin so this foundation works great for that. the liquid consistency is not to thick, it's runny but not as much as MAC face and body. medium, buildable coverage. I use 3 pumps and it's enough to cover any imperfections. I apply it first with a foundation brush, then with a damp beauty blender I use patting motions to blend it in. I love the finish, to me its semi-matte. even though I have oily skin I do not like matte foundations, they feel to heavy on me. this foundation matifies me enough to control my oil and it feels pretty light. I also use a primer under it to help it stay on better.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by NoirAngelx

Definitely not in love with this foundation. I've been experimenting with it off and on for the last year, and each time I'm not satisfied with the result. I have combination/oily and clog-prone skin. I like foundations with medium to full coverage, satin or matte finish, and longwearing. This sounded like it would be perfect for me.

To start off, the texture is very thick, almost glue-like. Yet, it doesn't provide the kind of coverage you would expect. It's thick but hardly covered any of my redness and slight imperfections. I literally had to use about three layers in some areas to get the coverage I wanted, and at which point, looked quite heavy on the skin. I only need one layer with Estee Lauder Double Wear or Guerlain Parure Gold to get fuller coverage. It does start off as being 'hydrating' on the skin with a satiny finish, however once it is set with powder (which I always do with my foundations) and it sits on the skin for a few hours, it literally feels like drying cement on the skin, more than any other longwearing foundation I've tried except for MAC Pro Longwear, which is basically a dupe of this.

Now because I have oily skin, I can forgive these things IF it at least wore well on my skin, but it ends up separating and looking cakey on the skin very quickly. I was so embarrassed at work. I tried to touch it up to fix it, and with horror realized that it was so set into the skin that it was impossible to do without removing my entire face, so I was left with cakey patches of foundation. I might also add that many of the colors are very orange-leaning, such as my color 1.2 which is around an NC20. So basically, foundation fail for me. I will say though that it DID manage to remain on my cheeks by the end of the day, with my blush still intact. Perhaps it would work better for young and poreless skin. I much prefer Estee Lauder Double Wear or Guerlain Tenue de Perfection/Parure Gold for longwearing options.