Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.

3.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Silica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Phenyl Methicone, Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), ILN37941

on 5/28/2015 6:22:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

One of my favorite foundations. I currently have a few different foundations in rotation, but I'm pretty sure this is the one I'm going to be repurchasing when everything is said and done.

It's extremely long-lasting on my combo/oily skin, and gives good coverage without looking too cakey (although I do find that it looks cakey if I try to build up the coverage into multiple layers). It oxidizes a little but not too badly. Transferring is very minimal. I really like the packaging, particularly the pump; keeps everything hygienic, and it's easy to pump out just a tiny bit of product if you don't need a full pump.

I'm a bit confused by Smashbox's claim that this foundation is "hydrating". While it's not as drying as many other long-wearing foundations, I definitely don't think it would be a good product for someone with dry skin who is looking for extra moisture.

on 5/23/2015 12:38:00 PM

I've struggled with acne all my life. I'm also pretty fair and sometimes have trouble finding a color that's light enough to blend well with my natural skin tone. The first time I tried this product, I loved the coverage and match to my skin tone so much that I bought multiple bottles because I had a discount code.

Well, then I started to break out really bad and blamed the foundation. I thought that maybe the coverage was too thick & heavy and was clogging my pores. I stopped using it and jumped between other foundations and started seeing a dermatologist. I don't know if the foundation was truly to blame or not.

After my acne was under control, I remembered I still had bottles of this foundation left from my prior spree and went back to it again. I'm totally back in love. Not breaking out and have fabulous coverage, tone, lasting power, etc. It really is my dream foundation. The only time I don't like to use it is if I feel like I will look too made up for a situation like the beach or weekend errands. Other than that it's my daily driver. You do have to take it easy though because while you can build coverage very easily you can also easily go overboard and it's noticeable.

I use the lightest shade, 1.1. I prime with Urban Decay prep spray, the moisturizer recommended by my dermatologist (EltaMD SPF 46) and Urban Decay primer potion and finish with Urban Decay powder and De-Slick setting spray. I super duper love Urban Decay if you can't tell but just couldn't enjoy their foundation as much as this one.

Only knocking it down to a 4 instead of a 5 because I'm still not sure that it would be working for me if I wasn't under the care of a dermatologist.

on 5/18/2015 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I tried it for about 3 weeks and it just didn't work out for me. I have oily, acne-prone skin. But it was recommended to me at Sephora mainly to cover my acne scars. I had my acne under control but after using this foundation i actually started to brake out again!! It is buildable medium to full coverage but I literally had to cake on several layers to be able to cover my scars and new pimples so you could actually tell I was wearing a lot of makeup which is not pretty at all. Two things i did like was it matched my skin perfectly, which is another thing I have a hard time finding and it did last me all day and did not start melting away with my oily skin like alot other products i tried. So i guess it would work great for somebody with not so many issues with their skin.

on 5/8/2015 9:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff broke me out. It gave me closed comedones as early as first use! Aside from that, I don't know what about it is "hydrating". It feels like a thin layer of clay mask is sitting on my face when I wear this. Not nice at all. I just wasted money.

on 5/6/2015 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Nice, matte finish that really lasts (and I have very oily skin). Doesnt transfer. Did not break me out so far. Coverage is definitely NOT full and it's not very buildable. Wouldnt even say medium. Does not cover blemishes at all even if you apply several layers. My light coverage foundation even does a better job covering... I have The color 2.1 and I am mac NC 25, it matches pretty well. Its ok and I Will keep using it as an everyday foundation because it has a nice matte but natural finish but do not by this IF you want full coverage. It can not be applied with any kind of brush (I tried real techniques face bruch, stippling, buffing, regular foundation brush) without looking VERY streaky. You need to use a beauty blender to get an even finish.

on 5/6/2015 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Last all day!!! Looks really natural medium coverage my HG try it!!!!

I was matched with 1.1 (which is the same shade as my neck, but not my face, which is how I like to be matched). So I am told I am looking pale when I'm wearing this foundation.

I find this foundation light as a substance and while applying, but it does feel heavy once on my face and set. It turns a little orange on my skin after time, but not horrifyingly so. I would say it has about 6 hour longevity on me with a beginners application. With a good primer and brush application I'd say it would last a lot longer.

This foundation doesn't like the smoother/different textured skin around my nose, where it blends and cakes quite horribly. Otherwise, it's seamless blending and doesn't streak.

I don't think this is a buildable foundation. It doesn't like being layered after it's been set. Coverage is good-- but like the skin around my nose, it doesn't like different textures like acne and will cake there. Experimentation with better primers might help this issue.

Looks best with a light application for me, personally, too much makes the face look flat. The price was suitable for the product and I don't regret the purchase, but it's not the holy grail for me. Pump packaging and glass bottle is attractive, hygienic and convenient. Velvet type black plastic is annoying to clean dried foundation off, though.

ALSO: This breaks me out consistently.

on 4/27/2015 9:35:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I really like this foundation, I've been using this foundation just for a week but i really love it.
It keeps me very very mat all day long! and it doesn't dry my skin out, which is a big plus for me because i have combination skin and it's acne prone.
The color of the foundation is also really perfect for me, i've finally found a foundation that's 100% yellow tone, and i'm really happy with that.
The only thing is that i sometimes have to apply more than 1 layer on some spots, because my redness peaks thru it :(
But it's a great foundation overall!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Congratulations Smashbox, I think I have finally achieved HG foundation thanks to your help. Doesn't stick to or accentuate dry patches or make me oily. Don't believe it's breaking me out, I do have a bit more acne than usual but I think that's due to a change in my skin care regimen. This foundation DOES WHAT IT SAYS. After being applied it doesn't budge at all, so far the longest I've worn it was 12 hours and it still looked the same as when applied. I have to blot maybe once over the course of a day. Doesn't do that gross thing to my glasses where it rubs off onto them as soon as I put them on, which means so much to me, you have no idea (unless you also wear glasses). It doesn't feel or look incredibly heavy on my skin and has a surprisingly natural finish, it's easy to apply and blends well (I use a damp beauty blender). My only complaint is the lightest color is a bit on the orange side, making it a bit dark for me but it's not so orange that it's a deal breaker and once I tan a bit it'll look fine. It is a little on the pricey side but well worth it imo. The packaging is sleek and beautiful, the pump dispenser is perfect and allows a lot of control to minimize product waste. Definitely worth a try if you're looking for a foundation that will stand the test of time without being a mask.

on 4/18/2015 1:02:00 PM

i'm on my second bottle now && i actually really like this foundation. It's so hard to find a foundation that fits my skin type because i have very oily skin, acne prone and some acne scarring. This foundation goes on great! It's thick but goes on kind of light so the coverage is buildable, it leaves a dewy finish that makes it look natural. And out of all the foundations i've tried this one actually stays put and lasts for hours. It also doesn't break me out, so it doesnt contain any irritating ingredients... definitely a must buy for someone who is acne prone/ oily