Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.

3.9

Water (Aqua, Eau), Cyclopentasiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Trimethyl Pentaphenyl Trisiloxane, Silica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Tribehenin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-PEG/PPG-14/14 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Tetramethyl Hexaphenyl Tetrasiloxane, Phenyl Methicone, Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Hexyl Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cellulose Gum, Propylene Carbonate, Alumina, Xanthan Gum, Dimethicone Silylate, Sorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), ILN37941

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I HAD to have this! BUT... I needed a new foundation. Long story short...could not match my olive/yellow undertone skin even though this runs yellow!!...maybe orange. Purchased (and returned) all shades in 2's. None worked :( GOOD news for those who CAN find a match- stays on allllllll day! Almost no transfer! I am so sad :( 4 lippies bc great product...-1 not my shade. Back to Philosophy shades 5 or 6. I wear Mac studio NC 30 to NC 35 FYI for shade reference.

on 2/21/2015 3:36:00 PM

This is my all time favorite foundation - hands down. I've never found something that works as well as this one. Not only does it last all day, it has nice sheer coverage but can be built up more so if needed. I have fairly problem prone / oily skin and this doesn't make me break out in the slightest. I wish there was a little bit more product for the price it's at, but regardless I'll continue to purchase this time after time!

on 2/13/2015 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Love! Love! Love this foundation! It has a matte finish and does not leave dry patches on my skin. It has a medium coverage that can be built up. So easy to apply and does a great job at leaving my skin so perfect! I would recommend people to try this foundation! I am running out of mine and will be repurchasing! :)

on 2/7/2015 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I have two shades in this foundation, 4.1 and 4.2, I get far warmer in the Summer months so getting a different shade was a must. Now on to the nitty gritty - I was actually pleasantly surprised by the coverage and finish, considering it was quite watery in consistency it did give me a nice medium coverage without looking cakey at all. I have dry combination skin, with my nose being the most oily - I always find it hard to find a foundation to last more than four hours around my oily zones so blotting was a must. Whilst the rest of my face would last a good 10+ hours on me. I love the fact that the 4.1 shade hasn't got a crazy orange undertone though... I can't imagine the amount of times I've had to return foundations because they had me looking like an Oompa Loompa. Overall, this is currently my fave foundation giving me flawless, immaculate and matte coverage without the cakiness and also features a pump dispenser ^_^

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Overall I think 4 stars is being a little generous, but all in all I quite like this foundation. I got so sick of trying to find a foundation that suited my skin tone, and the extremely dry and oily patches I have - however this foundation was recommended by a lot of beauty bloggers for the fair skinned so I thought I'd give it a go. When it arrived I noticed it still looked a little too dark for me which it is, but not too awful so I can forgive that (a little warmth to the face never hurt anyone 💁). I've been wearing this foundation for a few weeks now, and I do *like* it, but I don't think I'll buy another when it runs out. The reasons being, I really don't like the way it sits on my dry patches and under my eyes as it kind of emphasises the dryness and looks a little cake - y (which isn't ideal). Also, the 15 hour staying power it promises is a bit ambitious as when I get back from school I look quite blotchy and red and gross. However, the coverage when I put it on is pretty good, the consistency of the product feels good against the skin and it didn't break out my really sensitive skin which is frankly a miracle at this point. When I've just put my makeup on it's like a 5 star product, but I'd say after 2 hours it drys, cracks and looks dull - but not too badly that I feel I can't wear it and I have had some compliments on it recently.

Love this foundation. I rarely wear foundation (only to special events usually), but this is a keeper. I have had the same bottle for years now and the product seems to be just like the day I bought it. I have shade 1.1 for my fair skin with blue undertones and it matches perfectly. Its the perfect amount of beige to pink ratio and evens out my skin nicely without feeling heavy or caked on. It also seems to stay on for a long time. Would definitely repurchase this product.

on 1/12/2015 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Reference: MAC NC45/NC50
Product Shade: 4.1

This was my first foundation from Smashbox, I got it at a discount website on sale so I said, 'What the heck, why not?'.

Honestly, I'm disappointed that I didn't buy more. This is the PERFECT shade match for me. The darkest shade is 4.2 so the colour range for WoC isn't that great but I am forunate enough to fit into the range. It is long wearing and has a natural finish. If I am going somewhere for a long period of time, this is the foundation I would wear.

I'm nearly finish the bottle and I do believe that I will be re-purchasing to fill my "long wear" category.

on 1/11/2015 1:03:00 PM

This foundation is my HG! FINALLY!!!! Absoloutely in love with it!

My skin is a complete combination. It's dry, very oily, highly prone to acne and it is also very sensitive and reactive when trying new products. For all if the above reasons i tend to stick with what i know when it comes to foundations. Absoloute pain in the bum!

I wear a darker shade than my natural skin tone as i fake tan alot!
I was colour matched to 2.4 and wear tawny 3.1 in ELDW. Perfect!

I was after a foundation less heavy, matte and drying than DW as i am very oily but don't particularly like a matte finish with foundation, and this is perfect!

I wore it for the first time on a night out to really test if out and it stayed amazing all night!
There was hardly any shine and i do get very oily, especially on nights out dancing away, but it pretty much looked the same 8 hours after a night on the town! I have no doubt this would of lasted the 15 hours with maybe 1/2 touchups/ blots.
I've read some reveiws on here saying its almost sheer, i'm going to say thats due to the application, as it is not sheer it is quite thick & definitely a medium/full very buildable foundation. Its highly pigmented, unpurfumed & not as thick as DW. It didnt cake, and finished semi matte with a dewy glow.

I applied it with a real techniques stippling brush & set with a dusting of bare minerals ready foundation in r330 which is also amazing!!!
It doesnt flash white in pictures like double wear and just looks flawless!
So far it hasnt broke me out & i'm definitely going to be purchasing it asap! This really is an amazing flawless foundation. Lighter on the skin than double wear with the same coverage and added hydration! 10/10.
Cant see how this wouldnt be perfect for any skin type! I'm in love with it! Get colour matched and take a sample you wont regret it!
Hope this helps:)

Ps, if your oily i WOULD reccommend setting it due to the dewy finish!

on 1/7/2015 8:57:00 PM

My HG foundation! I finally found it! This stuff goes on beautifully, medium coverage with tons of colors to match almost any skin tone. Works great with smashbox primers and I use Nyx dewy setting spray and this stuff does not budge! It makes your skin look so pretty, I don't even have to set it with powder. No dry spots or greasy spots. It is pricey at 42$ but I barely have to use any, one squirt works for my whole face! I'm so in love with this stuff I can't believe how great it makes my skin look. Everyone must try this! As with any liquid foundation, make sure you are exfoliating your skin, moisturizing and using a primer!

on 12/20/2014 6:28:00 PM

Found my HG foundation, finally!! After years of searching, I've found the one. I have it in the shade 2.2, which is a nice match for my nc 30 to 35 skin (I fake tan so it varies), with yellow undertones that aren't too yellow.

So studio skin has everything I look for in a foundation: medium to full, buildable coverage; dries in a minute or two to a satin matte finish so only needs a small amount of powder to set (I hate too much powder!), AND most importantly, it lasts all day! No foundation has ever truly lasted from morning to night for me until now. I honestly get a full 14-15 hour wear out of this and I didn't think it was possible on my combination skin. This doesn't make me oily or show up any dry patches like a lot of other foundations do.

Any cons? It is a little pricey, at £28. But I am completely happy to pay this as it's well worth it. Will definitely repurchase! If you have a problem with makeup only seeming to last a few hours and are fed up of searching give this one a try!!