November 28, 2014 | 1737 users online

Liquid - Smashbox - Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Fdt.

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2014 7:57:00 PM More reviews by mariecullen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have such a love and hate relationship with this foundation. Pros: - a gorgeous finish. It gives just the right amount of coverage (covers under-eye circles and most blemishes) without looking too heavy/mask like. I apply this foundation with a damp beauty blender and the result is very natural. Your skin but 10x better. - this foundation does have great staying power. Okay, maybe it doesn't last as long as Estee's Double Wear, but i'd only have to powder maybe once around lunchtime, and i'll be shine-free all day. Cons: - okay so these are the bad bits. I really do want to love this foundation but there are some things stopping me from doing so :( - first of all, the shade range isn't amazing. I am quite pale (typical English skin, porcelain like), and even the lightest shade of this foundation was still rather dark for me, which meant i'd have to blend the foundation all the way down my neck to my collarbones (which wasted a tonne of product). I believe most of the shades are aimed towards those with yellow undertones. It's a shame because the foundation was a slightly different colour that what it looks like in the bottle! - this breaks my skin out like CRAZY. I would not recommend this to anyone with skin susceptible to breakouts because man this stuff will play havoc with your skin. My skin is borderline oily, with a few spots here and there. but no foundation has really affected this. As soon as I started to use this foundation my skin broke out like you wouldn't believe. It's been 2 weeks since I stopped using this and my skin is still trying to recover. I now have scarring across my forehead and lower cheeks, and huge cystic spots around my hairline, all because of this foundation D': Overall this foundation really isn't for me. I want to love it SO bad, but unfortunately I won't be purchasing again.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2014 8:15:00 PM More reviews by salard

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Smashbox isn't vegan and tests on animals, so I won't be buying this again period.

This gave me a really glowy finish, that was lovely and illuminating. It did get a little oily on my forehead after a full day of school, but did stay on (seems to sink into the skin though)

This product gives a nice light coverage but I found it hard to build up, the product balls up and cakes after 2 light layers (applied with fingers). I wouldn't recommend this to anyone with bumpy acne as the product kind of sticks to it. It looks great from a distance/good lighting, awful and pore-sticking up close.

I like how it was oil free, but it made my sensitive skin break out awfully for up to a week after. It was slightly sticky to wear and I could definitely feel it on/made my face feel dirty.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by amandarud08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Only my 4th day of using this foundation and I love it. I wanted to try something different than my MAC NC15 foundation I use. I was an NC40 back in the summer but I stopped tanning and moved away from the beach. This foundation is a buildable full coverage and I love it. I LOVE FULL coverage. My face isn't oily its not cakey with this foundation.

I would so buy it again but I still want to try other foundations.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 9:32:00 PM More reviews by emilyannh

My HG foundation!

My husband and I were out piddling around town and decided to have an impromptu date night. My makeup was worn all to hell at that point from being out all day and I was feeling frumpy, so my husband suggested we run into Ulta so I could try out some new foundation before we headed out since my Kat Von D foundation had started looking dark on me and I needed to buy some anyways. Ya know, kill two birds with one stone.

I'm NC15 with combo, yet leaning towards dry, skin. I have acne scars out the wazoo. In the store I slapped some on over what was left of my original foundation (which wasn't much)... not to mention the fact that I had no primer... just to see how it looked. I was completely shocked by how flawless my skin looked. I turned and looked at my husband and he said "Wow. Your skin looks all luminous."

I was sold. This foundation blows all my other foundations out of the water. The coverage is excellent. It starts out at medium and is easily built to full without caking up on my dry patches. It literally stays on day as well... and I am a pre-school teacher, so that is saying something. The only downside is the price, but I will gladly pay it for something that works this well.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 9:07:00 PM More reviews by chippergal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best foundation I have ever used. EVER. I have oily, acne prone skin. I use Retin A once a week and take a spiranolactone rx everyday. This combo has helped to keep acne at bay but I am still clog prone and will break out if I use the wrong make-up products. This foundation has been amazing. It is full coverage but can be sheered out using a damp Beauty Blender. Even with it being full coverage it is not thick or cakey. It can accentuate flakes a tad around day 2 or 3 after my Retin A application, but as long as I moisturize well before application it's not a problem.
For me 1.1 is a perfect match for my NC15-20 skin in the winter. When summer came I went up to 1.2 but it is not a huge leap between the shades. It stays put and I do not get oily nor do I need any powder or primer. It is in a glass bottle with a pump (YAY!!). The only ding would be the price point but considering how wonderful it is I would pay double to be able to keep this in my beauty routine. LOVE!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2014 2:42:00 PM More reviews by Nstupak

I really like this foundation. It isn't too heavy and doesn't crease. The only problem is that it's hard to build up if you want better coverage. I use this foundation on days where I don't want to look too done up or if I'm just running a few errands real quick. It looks very natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2014 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Jolaina

I adore this product! It is very drying, and I have to keep a strict routine of exfoliating and moisturizing, if I don't, it creates patches that look like scales. I also mix it with a light moisturizer and apply the two together, and use it on its own for dark circles or blemishes. It feels fairly lightweight and doesn't cause break outs. Covers well, and lasts all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by AVI8TRIX

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this foundation and I am beyond picky with foundations. I have an oily complexion and need a long lasting foundation that lasts through work, heat and sweat. I use to think revlon colorstay and EL double wear were the best....I honestly can't imagine ever going back to them. This looks and feels flawless all day, photographs like a dream and I freaking love it!!!! I have applied it with a brush, BB and fingers and love the results each way. I also use the smashbox pore minimizing primer and think they are match made in heaven

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2014 11:33:00 AM More reviews by zee140

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Eh.. I wrote a review about this before but after using it for like a month and a half I changed my mind about it .. It's amazing I mean the texture is kinda like Mac studio fix but this is more hydrating and doesn't dry out fast.. It's perfect and all .. BUT after a few hours I noticed that it cakes up.. Cold weather hot weather it still cakes up.. Primer no primer still :c big disappointment. Hoping I'll find my HG soon.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2014 8:26:00 PM More reviews by biancay

I love, love, love this foundation.
Prior to buying this product I had been using Dior's Flawless foundation, which was basically my HG. I still love that product but in Australia it is ridiculously expensive and so for what isn't the first time, I decided to try something a little cheaper.
For half the price, Smashbox is amazing. Maybe ... even better?? I don't think I will go back to dior. New HG, right here.
The colour matches my fair skin perfectly, whenever I have acne it totally covers it, it lasts all day (and into the night!), and I've gotten so many comments from people saying how flawless my skin looks and asking what product I use. Despite the fact it feels a little thick to the touch, it really doesn't look like I'm wearing heavy foundation. If I tone down my overall makeup look you really can't tell I'm wearing anything.
I literally cannot recommend this enough.