August 29, 2014 | 1673 users online

Fragrances - Tokyo Milk - Dark Collection Tainted Love

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

At first I smelled the lovely scent of tea. Then the tea became tainted by the acrid smell of smoke. Then, when the sandalwood kicked in, this totally smelled like dead hippy breath. Bleck! Glad I didn't buy it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

This vanilla scent sounded like it would be right up my alley. I love all things vanillic and thought the edgy dark notes would make for a rich winter scent. I saw a review somewhere that described this as a "meat and potatoes" vanilla scent and that is the most accurate remark there could be. This is just a very straightforward scent: vanilla and sandalwood. It is pretty linear and while the opening- burst of orchid and sandalwood with tea- is a little more bright than the drydown, it does not evolve much. That being said, some may appreciate a fragrance that doesn't play games on the skin. I was hoping this would be a cheaper alternative to my fav, diptyque Eau Duelle, but it is far less complex. I do love the sexy packaging and the mini hand lotion I have in this scent looks great in my purse. Wouldn't repurchase, will stick with Angel, Addict, Shalimar, etc....

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 6:09:00 PM More reviews by SwampThing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE Tokyo Milk Tainted Love. I got this in the little Black Friday $10.00 deal. It came in a tin with a lip color as well. I tend to like darker, sexy scents and this one fits perfectly. I dab a tiny bit on both wrists and both sides of my neck and that is plenty. I can generally smell this on me during my entire 8 hour work day. This is one of the longest lasting scents I own. I find it unique, sexy, and slightly masculine. Will definitely repurchase in the full sized bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2013 11:00:00 PM More reviews by dragongirl26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is probably my favorite of the three pack that I bought from Sephora. The other two were Bulletproof and La Vie La Mort. I found the scent a little off putting straight from the vial, but when I put it on and let the scent develop, it really became very pleasant. It's a little sweeter than I tend to prefer, but I find myself going back to it and smelling it, which is usually a good sign. I put it on a little while ago and the scent is still very present without being overwhelming. I really like the metal rollerballs on the vials, too - they do a really good job of applying the fragrance.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Lisa86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Like the other Tokyo Milk fragrances I've tried, this lacks longevity. Initially it smells very synthetic, but on the dry down the scent is a lot more tolerable.

I find that I have to carry this one in my makeup bag when I decide to wear it because I have to reapply through the day. The staying power just isn't there. I'm disappointed, I probably wouldn't purchase this again, but on a positive note the price point is very reasonable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by kateST

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this is $36 from Sephora. all tokyo milk dark perfumes come in one size (1.6 oz), unless you get the rollerball (

the bottle is just a black,rectangular, with typical tokyo milk designs and lettering. quite simple and pretty

the ingridients are supposed to be natural ones, nothing that you can not pronounce. if you look at the box, each one lists what is in the perfume. this one is

-dark vanilla bean
-orchid
-white tea
-sandalwood

the scent to me is very comforting, sexy, a little "dark". It is warm with sandalwood, and sweet but not cloying with vanilla. the other notes give it depth and make it complex. the tea makes it just a bit airy.

I fell in love with it the 1st time I used it in a rollerball. I had to buy the bottle.

Men seem to really be drawn to it. As well as a lot of my female friends, who ask me what I am wearing.

It's perfect for colder months. it's cozy but mysterious.

My only issue is that it just doesn't last on me. I have sprayed my neck, my hair, my clothes, my scarf, and it seems to fade pretty quickly. I used the rollerball in the warm months, and it seemed to last more. so maybe i got a little used to the scent now, or it's just my dry "winter" skin that makes this evaporate quickly. Applying a bit of lotion before spraying it on seems to help.

I will repurchase this once I run out. I am reaching for this daily over my other high end perfumes (and I have an embarrasing amount :/ )

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2013 2:55:00 AM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My boyfriend bought me this for my birthday. I didn't think it smelled very unique but he seems to love it. So do other guys, I've noticed, like another reviewer did. However, my sister and I both agree that it's just a good scent, but nothing amazingly unique. Interesting. The scent lasts well on me like the other scents from this line do. According to the bottle it has notes of dark vanilla bean, orchid, white tea, and sandalwood. I wouldn't have purchased this myself, however it is a nice smell! Definitely worth a test if you don't have many perfumes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2013 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Cat1104

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I usually avoid fragrances because they often give me a headache. However with no real intention of using it, I got a sample of this with a sephora order. One day I decided to give it a try and oh my... instant love. It has Dark Vanilla Bean, Sparkling Citrus, Orchid, White Tea, Sandalwood, and Tonka Bean notes. I don't usually like vanilla, but this is different. I'm definitely no perfume expert, but it doesn't smell much like vanilla on me. Honestly, I have no idea what it smells like, but it's warm, dark, *lightly* sweet, and... just smells sooooo good. It's not sickening or headache-inducing at all. I got three more samples to make sure I really liked it before I finally purchased it. My only gripe is that it's not very long lasting, but I LOVE it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by mudra

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ordered this at Sephora in a gift set because the scent sounded like something I would enjoy. For a point of reference, Thierry Mugler Angel is probably my favorite fragrance of all time. I also really like vanilla fragrances. When I got the package, first of all I was surprised by how incredibly tiny everything was! But as soon as I smelled the perfume I was disappointed. I was even more disappointed when I put some on because it turned into the scent of bug spray on me. Not at all appealing to smell like Deep Woods Off! This one will be going back to Sephora.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by mspicky

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

High marks for a smoothly blended fragrance. I used a sample of the Shea butter hand cream. Props for the very nice easily absorbed formula. High marks for the powerful punch of long lasting fragrance. It's just too sandalwood for my personal taste even though I don't mind sweet and cloying. Nice product so I might try the hand cream in a different scent.