Tokyo Milk Dark Collection Tainted Love

3.4

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of my new favorites. It smells of tobacco and vanilla. Very warm and cozy. I decanted my small bottle into a travalo and it's perfect! I get compliments every time I wear it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a sexy grown-up vanilla! Not overly sweet. Good staying power.

I have the little rollerball of this that came in the little Takeout tin. I like it, it's like vanilla, but savory somehow. There is also a peppery element to it that I really enjoy.

It might be too strong for a spray, but I'd definitely buy the rollerball again when I run out. I tend to prefer rollerball anyway, because when I use a rollerball, I don't get perfume everywhere. Nothing like spraying on perfume, then going over to take a drink of water and tasting... perfume. T_T

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is a funky smell I dont know how they are smelling in Tokyo but I would prefer some other type of smell like Dolce or Versace.

An un-sweet vanilla, like smelling a vanilla bean and dark honey. Hard to describe but super-sexy. Reminds me of Dior Addict, which I want to like but can't because it's about as subtle as a chainsaw, at least on me. Anyway I love this fragrance and my boyfriend says it smells like sex. SOLD.

I had a sample of this years ago and I recall loving it. I recently acquired another sample and pee-yew, what was I thinking? Maybe my body chemistry has changed since then?

The dark vanilla bean and sandalwood notes are definitely prominent but end up smelling a bit artificial, borderline air freshner-esque on me. I can see this scent appealing to younger ladies (as I was younger when I found this fragrance appealing). This fragrance is very reminiscent of Bath and Body Work's Vanilla Bean Noel line, which I'm not a fan of.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I don't smell the vanilla in this at all. I just get the orchid and white tea. It smells like a cheap drugstore body spray to me. I will not purchase.

Beautiful, beautiful dark non-foody vanilla, tonka bean, orchid almost cocnutty fragrance. It's subtle, but smells soooooo good - for literally five minutes, then it's gone. :-(

I have to echo what some of the other reviews have said, i.e. this is infinitely wearable. It is basic but not flat and far from a one-note fragrance. If you like something slightly bohemian but not too overwhelming, this is it. I actually shied away from it initially because I thought the name was so cliche. However, I'm thrilled with the scent because it's not a bit cloying or overwhelming: feminine without flowers and just a bit sexy. The lotion is lovely, too.

At first I smelled the lovely scent of tea. Then the tea became tainted by the acrid smell of smoke. Then, when the sandalwood kicked in, this totally smelled like dead hippy breath. Bleck! Glad I didn't buy it!

Popular Fragrances