August 21, 2014 | 1330 users online

Eye Shadow - Laura Mercier - Caviar Stick Eye Colour

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2014 12:29:00 AM More reviews by waters2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These aren't easy, smudge-and-go liners for me. Unfortunately, they crease and smudge badly on me, unless I use a base. Too bad powders adhere better to my eye primer than the LM Caviar Sticks.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2014 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Damroka

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Sadly, I'm allergic to this formula. I love the product but it makes my eyes red, especially if I put it below the lower lash line (even a little bit). If you don't have sensitive eyes, it's worth a try. I had it in taupe and amethyst—both gorgeous colors. Very creamy & slick (must be loaded with silicones), it's not too flashy, but still great color payoff. I'm in my forties & I liked this b/c it had some sheen, but didn't emphasis crepey-ness at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by carcar44324

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

Finally, the easy, "smoky eye" look all in one step. I own Amythest and Khaki and these handy little sticks have to be my all-time, all-around favorite eye product. They are long lasting (no primer necessary), very blendable, fast, portable, and unique colors that I would recommend to all eye colors and all skin types. My absolute favorite color in the collection is Amythest (cool taupe, leaning purple) which is beautiful on it's own and the most unique color in the collection. Brings life to eyeshadows you layer over it too.

To apply, I usually twist up the stick and "scribble" the color onto my naked lid then use my fingers to blend it out. I usually go over it with an eyeshadow blending brush for a more blended effect. The formula is creamy and takes about a minute to dry so make sure you blend as soon as you apply it or it will dry somewhat fast. The color is very easily buildable, however, my favorite part about this eyeshadow is that it looks AMAZING by itself and totally gives the easy smoky eye look in the office or out on the town. Removal is also very easy and I love the fact that this eyeshadow doesn't require a sharpener.

The eyeshadow lasted me around 3 months with almost daily use. The price can be a little daunting, however the color payoff is amazing and the tube lasts long.

Overall these are a GODSEND to anyone that doesn't have a lot of time to get ready but doesn't want to sacrifice their look for it! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 4:11:00 AM More reviews by hippodeem

really love this!! it is very unique. this is perfect for asian oily hooded monolids. stays on very snug, the liner you can go thick or thin as you like, it stays on very good, and still bendable when you need to but you need to do it very quickly before it sets in. the product is very soft and silky and it is not harsh on our delicate eye area. it could really replace the eyeshadow or you could use both to compliment each other and add staying power. i am very happy i have tried this. i find that the regular eye liner is too thin for hooded monolids as we have to make a very thick line to see the difference for hooded monolids. the pencil liner always bleed, the liquid is a pain to use, this thing is just perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2013 2:11:00 AM More reviews by HunterGray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I own Amythest and Rose Gold, and these have to be some of my all-time favorite eye products. They are long lasting, blendable, complex colors that I would recommend to absolutely anyone. Both colors that I own make excellent eyeshadow bases, but they also look beautiful as standalone eyeshadows. I find that even if I don't set then with powder, that once they dry, they aren't going anywhere (just make sure you use a primer underneath if you plan to wear them with no other shadow on top). They also stay pretty well on the waterline.

I've found the easiest way to apply them is to "scribble" the color onto my fingertip, then pat/blend the color out on my lid from there. It both warms up the product, and makes sure that I'm not depositing too much product on the lid, which can lead to creasing. If I desire more color, I simply repeat after the first layer is dry. They build very nicely upon themselves.

I've had both shades for about a year, and the product is as creamy and easy to work with as ever. Just make sure you're closing the lid completely after each use, and you won't have any issues with them drying out.

Rose Gold is a peachy-gold champagne shimmer. Depending on your skin tone, it can be a pretty all-over wash of color, or a highlight shade for the brow bone and inner corner. Pinks, champagnes, golds, and bronzes look stunning when layered over Rose Gold. It also adds a brightened look to the waterline without being as harsh as a nude or white eyeliner.

Amethyst is a cool. taupe that leans purple. It's beautiful on its own, but have fun experimenting with browns, silvers, and purples to create multidimensional eyeshadow looks. It's truly a unique color in my collection, for both the color in and of itself, and for the way it brings new life to the shadows you layer with it.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 6:30:00 AM More reviews by 3025195

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this product purely for the convenience of it. Well it's also long lasting and I love the colour!!
When I'm getting ready in a rush this is my first go to product! Goes on easy, stays on long! Expensive for what it is, but for someone who is constantly getting ready in a hurry, its money well spent!
Contemplating buying more in other colors, so definitely buying again!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

These shadows are fantastic! I prefer these MAC Shadesticks. These are really great shadows on the go since you don't need a brush to apply. I hope Laura Mercier releases more shades in the future. I took one lippie off since you do need primer. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 2:53:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

These eyeshadow sticks are a God send for those mornings when I'm rushing around like a mad woman.
Are they expensive for what they are? Yes, absolutely.
Are they worth it? For me, they are.
Why? The convenience, ease of use, longevity and overall colour and appearance.

I have four colours: Rose Gold (appropriately named and it is that, a rose gold) Amethyst, (a beautiful purple with gold) Sapphire (rich blue) and Smoke (dark grey/black)
I like Rose Gold as an all over base colour and I'll use Amethyst in the crease. This makes for a perfect neutral and polished look. I'll wear Sapphire as a liner and it compliments the Rose Gold and Amethyst perfectly.
Sapphire and Smoke are gorgeous together for a smokey eye look.

If you're not fond of shimmer, these shadow sticks may not be for you as they're shimmery. I find them okay but I'm careful not too apply too much, otherwise they do look too shimmery for me.

I apply them straight onto my lids and blend with my fingers. (I find it easier to blend cream formulas with my fingers than a brush) An eye primer is essential for staying power.
For me, they last for most of the day with some creasing after a long day.
Removal is fairly easy, unlike some cream based shadows which require a bit of elbow grease to take off. Plus I love that they don't need a sharpener.

Definitely worth the investment.

EDIT to add: I just got Sand Glow (soft tan colour) and it's perfect for creating that soft smokey bronze look and just wearing it on its own for a neutral eye look.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2013 11:59:00 AM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought the one in Amethyst, thinking it'd go well with my green eyes. And it does. However I think I'm allergic to something in the formula (apparently the red dye?), because my eyes become itchy and watery for a whole day after wearing this!

Pros: nice color, not too dark not too light, love the stick form, looks pretty especially on the lower lash line

Cons: I'm allergic to one of the ingredients, kinda difficult to apply because the brush I use to blend with becomes sticky and it just won't glide smoothly.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 1:15:00 PM More reviews by Melikeymakeup

HG! I have three of these now, Pearl Grey, Amethyst, and Rose Gold. I carry them in my purse for on the go makeup application, and they are great! Easy to apply, pretty colors, and they blend well. They also stay in place well on my hooded, oily lids when I use primer.