Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour

4.7

on 5/18/2015 9:34:00 AM

I use this as an eyeliner pencil for a soft smudgy line. It dries really quickly and once it sets, it won't budge! So the darker colours are tricky to use as an all over eyeshadow. You need to work REALLY quickly with the product otherwise it's glued to the lid (in a good way) and you won't be able to blend it any further. Lighter colours are more forgiving as an eyeshadow but dark colours are GORGEOUS when used as a soft, smudged eyeliner.

on 4/10/2015 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have this in smoke and I am planning a trip back to the laura mercier counter to pick up other colors. It's goof proof to use, it blends easily, the color pay off is amazing. I've long resisted LMs products (not sure why) but recently I've been hitting a gold mine with certain items.

Smoke is a great day time smokey look, you can go dark or light and it's just beautiful.

on 2/14/2015 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I am a cream eyeshadow addict and this one is absolutely lovely. I have the shade "Rose Gold", which is a subtly shimmery pale gold with warm tones to it (although on the eye it really just translates as a pale gold). It goes onto the eye sheer, but can be built up to a semi-opaque coverage. The finish isn't that of a typical cream eyeshadow, but sets kind of like a powder. The formula goes onto the eye like butter, it is so smooth, and because of this it is one of the most blendable eyeshadows in any formula I have come across. The staying power is really nice too. It lasts all day on me (although most products do), but I can see some people maybe needing to use a primer with it. I love this eyeshadow because you can wear it in a multitude of ways, which I do. The finish allows for me to blend a powder into the crease without anything looking awkward. I also like to use it underneath powder eyeshadows I'm not quite happy with. Also, I just like to use it by itself. I just wish the line came in more finishes (shimmery, matte, glittery) because that would really complete things. It's a great product and I recommend it to everyone. I think everyone will be happy with it.

on 1/26/2015 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product on those days that I don't really have time to do my eyemakeup. I swipe this thick pencil over my lids and I'm out the door. It stays on really well with a primer underneath. Gives you that instant "smoky" eye effect. It is very pricey but I havent been able to find another product quite like it.

on 1/8/2015 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Splurged and bought 2 of these based on MUA reviews. (Rose Gold and Grey Pearl) I have hooded eyes and dry skin. I've been smokey eye challenged until I tried these. So easy to use. I put the product directly on my finger first and use my finger to lightly apply to my lid and crease. Then I use the product on it's edge to line my lower lash line. After the lid sets, I add a second coat in the outer corner and lightly line my lash line with a grey pencil. Very simple and lasts all day. I don't use a primer, but I don't have oily lids either. Want to buy amethyst next. These are amazing!

on 1/4/2015 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the best cream eyeshadow product I have ever tried. The colors are beautiful, they blend well amongst powders and other creams. No complaints. Amazing product!

on 1/3/2015 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

If any of you can still spot the limited edition set for these sticks (whether it's the 6 pieces or quartet set),grab it and head to the cashier NOW. This is the one set that has made me send my urban decay naked palettes into semi-retirement,it's that crazy. I picked it up based on Temptalia's recommendation and have not looked back since.

Pros:
+Super creamy
+Very easy to apply; just 'scribble' on eyelid and blend (I use Sigma E40 from my Bunny travel kit)
+Highly blendable, especially for darker colors.
+After it sets, refuses to budge
+Very portable,I can grab a bunch and throw it onto a cosmetic case for travelling
+Lovely colors
+Long-lasting

Cons:
-Regular priced ones are hella ex in my country!
-Takes a bit of time to set : this can be a pro or a con (gives u time to blend,but u must resist blinking too much to prevent fallout. Nothing crazy that a little loose powder under the eyes can't fix though!)

About the colors- this is what makes me think the set is a must-buy- here they are:

1) Rosegold: light pinky beige. Perfect for inner-corner highlight
2) Moonlight: light taupe. Good for day look allover lid color
3) Amethyst: based on so many reviews here on this color I had really high hopes for this one. Abit disappointed it doesn't show a touch of mauve/ violet on me, more like a darker taupe color. Still nice though.
4) Copper: this is the surprise favorite for me! Its a lovely gold on my warm (NC25-30) skin. I've been using it as overall lid color or in the middle eyelids for a warm smokey look
5) Khaki: surprisingly wearable khaki green
6) Cocoa: another favorite,perfect for warm smokey eye look. Dark brown.

All the colors stated have shimmer - slight shimmer that doesn't show up much for khaki and cocoa, more obvious shimmer for the rest.

In summary: this product is great. So great that I'm afraid for my wallet when I run out,I know I'll be grabbing at least a couple of colors in full size.

on 12/4/2014 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I cannot sing my praises enough for these eyeshadow sticks! I'm so incredibly eyeshadow challenged and this product makes eyeshadow application such a breeze. I use these specifically for creating a smokey eye look, which I still have yet to master with traditional powdered eye shadows.

The staying power is amazing considering I don't even need to use an eyeshadow primer with this AND I have oily eyelids (no creasing!). This product is so versatile in terms of color pay-off; you can create a light wash of color by just applying a dab of the product or you can really press and layer it on to create a rich opaque look. The shimmer/pearl in this is really subtle too... it's not completely matte but definitely not too pearly and doesn't read as sparkly (of course I can't speak to the lighter colors like Rose Gold and Sugar Frost as I haven't used those). The texture/finish is really what makes this product amazing --- it gives a multi-dimensional (monochromatic) look all with just one color, so if I'm in a rush, I can just swipe on one color/product and look like I used at least 2-3 different products.

My favorite way to use this is with my fingers. I find that the warmth of fingertips helps keep the dryish cream texture more pliable until you are ready to let it set (and it does set fairly quickly). I still need to use a clean eyeshadow blush to blend out the edges but majority of the eyeshadow application is with my fingers.

Another pro? Love how travel friendly this is.

I have this in Khaki (my favorite), Cocoa and Plum. I'm considering adding Amethyst and some of the other neutrals to my collection.

on 11/21/2014 12:58:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love LM Caviar Sticks! I purchased one for my mother earlier this year when she requested a stick eyeshadow but didn't even think to try these myself until I was on the hunt for a new eyeshadow base and saw the Sephora mini quartet set. I've tried these in Rose Gold, Moonlight, Cocoa, and Amethyst, and Rose Gold is hands-down my favorite. I use it as an eyeshadow base and my eye makeup looks perfect all day without any creasing.

These blend easily and have a short period of time before they dry/set. They layer well with each other or with eyeshadow on top. Most of them have an understated shimmer which gives the eyelids a luminous quality, although Moonlight has a bit more chunky shimmer than the others I've tried.

I'm so glad I tried these and will now use them as an eyeshadow base instead of UDPP!

on 11/10/2014 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

These are truly fantastic cream eye shadows. I have very oily eyelids and these are one of the few products I can use without a primer and that won't crease. These are fantastic by themselves or with other products layered on top. I primarily use these alone on days when I'm rushing out the door because they are so easy to use and you can apply them straight out of the tube and then use either a brush or your finger to blend them out. I will definitely be repurchasing these when I finish them. I have Amethyst, Rose Gold, Moonshine, Sand Glow, and Cocoa - all are gorgeous colors. I do wish there were some more matte color options but all of these have a nice shimmer, without being too glittery. These have earned a permanent spot in my makeup bag.