Lancome Hypnose Doll Lashes

3.2

Aqua, paraffin, copernicia cerifera cera/carnauba wax, steareth-20, beeswax, acacia senegal gum, alcohol denat, stearteh-2, cetyl alcohol, potassium cetyl phosphate, peg/ppg-17/18 dimethicone, tdi/trimellitic anhydride copolymer, sodium polymethacrylate, silica, 2-oleamido-1/3-octadecanediol, phenethyl alocohol, nylon 12, disodium edta, hydroxyethylcellulose, caprylol glycol, pantehnol, pentylene glycol, polyquaternium-10, sodium dehydroacetate. May contain: CI 77007/ultramarines, CI77491/ CI77499 Iron oxides, mica, d46956/2

I've tried a few of the LancĂ´me mascaras and I have to say that this is probably my least favorite. It's super clumpy, the formula is dry and seems almost valet when it comes out of the tube. I'm going to finish off the tube simply based on how much I paid for it, but won't repurchase it again.

on 5/16/2015 3:43:00 AM

This mascara is almost the exact same thing as Lancome's Hypnose Star, except more clumpy and spidery. Good length and definition, nice dark black color. But it doesn't give enough volume, makes my lashes stick together, and it smudges a little too.
The overall effect looks okay, but nothing special. It's not so horrible that I won't finish it up, but I won't buy it again either.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral

Use almost every day. I switch in between mascaras, depending on the weather. This stuff is Holy Grail for to get long, separated lashes. My only issue is if I get too sweaty, this does tend to flake off, but not if I put am eyelash primer!

on 4/18/2015 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm a junkie. I usually have several different ones in the go at once, and I've pretty much tried them all. Doll lashes ranks pretty highly on my list. I'm pretty much in love with any LancĂ´me mascara formula, but the way Doll Lashes fans and feathers your lashes is so pretty. I have naturally long, full lashes but this mascara makes them look so soft and full. Keeping this review honest, I will say the only downside is toward the end of the day it will start to leave circles under my eyes. But I 100% recommend and will continue repurchasing !

on 3/25/2015 9:28:00 AM

I had used lancome hypnosis star previously and loved it. However when I ran out of it, I accidentally bought doll lashes and found it to be terrible. Besides the wand, there is truly nothing good about it. Firstly it is not smudge proof neither is it water proof. It runs when I put eye drops.It constantly leaves marks below my lower lash line. In addition the formula is too heavy for my lashes. I have short Asian lashes so I usually use mascara of waxy bases to hold up my curls and lengthen my lashes. However, doll lashes is too heavy for my lashes and weighs down my curls. Nonetheless it does allow you to achieve light and feathery lashes as reviewed by others. But it clearly doesn't last long because it is not smudge or water proof. In short I will never ever use it again and highly don't recommend it.

on 2/8/2015 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had given this product a five rating a few years ago, but something is different. I remember when it first came out, I had worn it in the summer and it held up to high humidity and looked beautiful. I stopped using it for a while and thought I'd go back to it. The latest tube I bought applied just the same and looked gorgeous at first, but after a few hours there were black marks under my eyebrows where the tips of my lashes hit and flakes under my eyes. It also isn't super dark (even thought the color is called "So Black!"). I'll finish up the tube I have because it is an alright mascara and I love the shape of the brush and the nice separation it creates, but I'm going back to my Clinique High Impact once it's done.

on 2/5/2015 5:58:00 PM

I am not crazy about this product. Its adequate and I will finish it but definitely trying something else next. I have had it for less than 2 months and its already starting to get a bit dried out and I get little black crumbs falling on my cheeks when I put more than one coat on which is annoying plus it flakes occasionally during the day although it didn't start out like that. I don't find it to be spectacular at seperating lashes although that's what the SA told me it would be good for, its just all round ok. I love the packaging and the smell but not crazy about the brush as I like a symmetrical brush and find the triangular shape gives me funny lashes on one eye although I suppose it will depend on your technique as I always apply mascara with the same hand from the same angle for both eyes.

on 1/1/2015 5:31:00 PM

I originally bought this mascara to treat myself for the new year and I have no regrets! After the initial application the mascara is wet, but it dries quickly and without any clumps. Throughout the day I noticed minimal smudging on my lower lash line (because I tend to cry when I yawn and the formula isn't water proof). This drawback along with its inability to hold a curl (I have straight, sparse, asian lashes which is partially the reason why it doesn't hold well) would probably be the only qualms I have with this product. Other than those cons I have no other complaints.

The mascara definitely separated my lashes and created a nice, natural look. According to the website, it's supposed to help you achieve a wide-eyed look, lift/extend, and add volume. I personally did not notice any volume, but my lashes definitely looked longer. Another plus was the way my lashes felt. I experienced softer, fuller lashes that were less dramatic and more natural, which I think is a better look for me. This particular mascara is great for everyday wear, but I suggest purchasing a different mascara if you're looking for a mascara that gives a dramatic effect.

on 12/27/2014 8:52:00 AM

I was given this as a present from my mum and bless her soul for giving me it. First off though, I would like to say, hands down on the packaging. Absolutely love it. The mascara itself is definitely my favourite mascara. I love the wand because it is able to reach into the inner lashes and it is able to grasp onto all of them. It makes my eyes much larger and has a great finished look. Would recommend!

on 12/7/2014 8:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I find Doll Lashes to be a great daytime mascara.
Makes my thin blonde lashes look dark, longer the curve holds pretty well throughout the day. My favourite aspect is that lashes are kept soft and feathery as well, never crunchy or brittle. It doesn't clump. No major volumising here but I find it gives the perfect amount of drama for regular days.
The negative aspect is that it will start running down with a single drop of water.

Popular Mascaras