September 23, 2014 | 1418 users online

Highlighters - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan Illuminizer

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 11:11:00 AM More reviews by aqelvis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! I can mix it with any foundation, BB cream or tinted moisturizer, and it makes my skin glow without being a disco ball......especially love it with my Shiseido SPF foundation to create more of a radiant finish- about 2 parts foundation, and 1 part illuminizer.....and the great part, it will last forever!!!! Highly recommend giving it a try...you can always take it back!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2014 1:42:00 PM More reviews by mamma30

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I thought I was going to love this when I swatched it on my hand it left a lovely soft sheen and the colour seemed very subtle blending beautifully into my pale skin , I couldn't get to the till quick enough ! However I wore it everyday for 2 weeks mixed into various foundations and tinted moisturiser but I just didn't see the subtle radiant glow i was looking for . I really like josie maran products and was very disappointed in this , it has such good reviews that I don't understand why it didn't work for me , maybe it's better as a highlighter on cheek and brow bone etc , it is worth a try but I recommend getting a sample first

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2014 5:40:00 PM More reviews by organicmakeupjunkie

This illuminizer does exactly what it says. It illuminates, and catches light like no bodies business. Its beautiful on the cheekbones, on the brow, on the decollete, the shoulders, a tiny bit on the cleavage. Anywhere you want to highlight. My fav part is, it looks great without coming out looking like a disco ball. The price is a little steep, but if you get it on eBay, you can get it for a great price (I scored this gem for about $20 w/ shipping included), and a little bit goes a LOOONG way with this product. You seriously only need just a smudge here and there. I highly recommend be haze it's hard to find a product that works the way this does.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by Gitte

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I was younger, I had very oily skin, and spent a lot of time trying to be sure my face wasn't shiny. When I saw that this was both an illuminizer and had argan oil, I was a little hesitant. Again, I didn't want my face to look shiny, and also because these things can also be pretty dark and/or orange-y, and I didn't want to look like I was attempting to channel John Boehner. But I knew I could return it if I didn't like it, so I figured I'd give it a try.

I love this! One squirt from the bottle seems like it's way too much, but when you mix it with your foundation or tinted moisturizer, or whatever else you use, it blends in nicely. Once it's on your face, there is no shininess, and really not even any noticeable color/shade difference. Instead, your skin looks very healthy, like you have been taking a brisk walk, and a natural kind of brightness is there.

I recommend this product if you like to look a little bit extra healthy, but not bronzed or noticeably different.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Kemmae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've had this product for a while, not really knowing what to do with it exactly. Highlighting on my face has never been easy for me to accomplish so the bottle pretty much stayed in my makeup drawer, sadly staring at me to use it. Then, one day, a friend of mine suggested that I mix it with my foundation before applying and what a difference that made! Now, it no longer sits sadly in my drawer! I squirt a little of my BB cream (Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream No. 27) on the back of my hand, add a dollop of the Illuminizer, mix it together with my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, then tap it onto my face and blend away. The champagne color of the Illuminzer works great with my yellow undertones and it gives me a subtle, healthy-ish glow that doesn't look like a shiny oil slick. It is a little pricey, and I'm kind of on the fence on whether the bottle is ideal packaging since it's glass and the pump (or my pressing finger) sometimes has a mind of it's own, but you get a lot of product for the price and I love the look it gives me, as well as the added moisture from the Argan Oil is an added bonus!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 2:54:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking for an illuminizer to mix with my foundation, and first I tried Nars Copacabana, it was ok, but it was way too pink for my skin tone (I am mostly neutral with a little bit of warmth). So, I needed something a little more golden, so I bought this. It is perfect! It adds a beautiful glow to my skin without looking oily. My skin is dry, so the fact that it is argon oil is a bonus for me. It doesn't break me out, or clog my pores. I gave it four stars because I wish it was in a squeeze tube, but if you are careful you can get the right amount out. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by aurymalek

I can not live without this! Does not clog pores, which is great for my extremely sensitive skin (that gets acne super easily)! It provides a beautiful glow that completely evens the skin tone.

I got it at sephora for $14 and it came with the hair serum too, which is some deal they have going on now. When I unscrewed the dropper I thought it was going to look awful and cakey, but you really can't even tell you're wearing it. I have been using the JM regular argon oil for a year with amazing results and I am happy to have found this awesome luminizer to even my skin tone!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Sharminii

I hope they will never ever discontinue this product at all.
It is the best highlighter that I have ever tried. It's like I'm glowing from within which I really like.
The only downside I have to say for me is that the pump dispensers too much of product. So I have to unscrew the bottle to use my desired amount:(
But overall fantastic product I would cry if they decide not to make this anymore.
Highly recommend this product to all the ladies:):):)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by heidishiu

This stuff is amazing~! I mix it with foundation or BB Cream, it gives such a dewy effect and healthy glow. It completely solve the problem of the too "powdery" look. Make my skin look healthy and radiant. GREAT stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2014 3:32:00 AM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've only been using this for a week but I'm already in love.
I have dry skin and in winter it gets dull and lifeless. Any illuminating product appeals to me, but this one was reccomended by a blogger who has dry skin as well.
A bit of a heavy price tag, but it is so concentrated all I need is one pump for my whole face, I think it will last a long time.
I have fair skin and this just mixed with moisturizer gives such a nice glow! But I like to mix it with foundation. It makes my super pale face look brighter and livlier without any spakles or glitter.
One thing I have found that it works amazing as a primer (at least for me.)
I tried it before foundation/powder and it made everything stay on all day! And as for now no breakouts or anything, which is awesome. Love this, highly reccomend!