April 18, 2014 | 1372 users online

Highlighters - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan Illuminizer

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 2:54:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was looking for an illuminizer to mix with my foundation, and first I tried Nars Copacabana, it was ok, but it was way too pink for my skin tone (I am mostly neutral with a little bit of warmth). So, I needed something a little more golden, so I bought this. It is perfect! It adds a beautiful glow to my skin without looking oily. My skin is dry, so the fact that it is argon oil is a bonus for me. It doesn't break me out, or clog my pores. I gave it four stars because I wish it was in a squeeze tube, but if you are careful you can get the right amount out. I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 10:44:00 PM More reviews by aurymalek

I can not live without this! Does not clog pores, which is great for my extremely sensitive skin (that gets acne super easily)! It provides a beautiful glow that completely evens the skin tone.

I got it at sephora for $14 and it came with the hair serum too, which is some deal they have going on now. When I unscrewed the dropper I thought it was going to look awful and cakey, but you really can't even tell you're wearing it. I have been using the JM regular argon oil for a year with amazing results and I am happy to have found this awesome luminizer to even my skin tone!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 9:27:00 AM More reviews by Sharminii

I hope they will never ever discontinue this product at all.
It is the best highlighter that I have ever tried. It's like I'm glowing from within which I really like.
The only downside I have to say for me is that the pump dispensers too much of product. So I have to unscrew the bottle to use my desired amount:(
But overall fantastic product I would cry if they decide not to make this anymore.
Highly recommend this product to all the ladies:):):)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by heidishiu

This stuff is amazing~! I mix it with foundation or BB Cream, it gives such a dewy effect and healthy glow. It completely solve the problem of the too "powdery" look. Make my skin look healthy and radiant. GREAT stuff!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2014 3:32:00 AM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've only been using this for a week but I'm already in love.
I have dry skin and in winter it gets dull and lifeless. Any illuminating product appeals to me, but this one was reccomended by a blogger who has dry skin as well.
A bit of a heavy price tag, but it is so concentrated all I need is one pump for my whole face, I think it will last a long time.
I have fair skin and this just mixed with moisturizer gives such a nice glow! But I like to mix it with foundation. It makes my super pale face look brighter and livlier without any spakles or glitter.
One thing I have found that it works amazing as a primer (at least for me.)
I tried it before foundation/powder and it made everything stay on all day! And as for now no breakouts or anything, which is awesome. Love this, highly reccomend!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by glockgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this product!!! I add it to my foundation and apply with my beauty blender. So flawless & radient. I will definitely buy this again! Something that i cannot live without!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2014 1:00:00 AM More reviews by CG1981

Kept testing this at Sephora and finally got it in the Moroccan Kit that was out for holidays. I am nc30-35, love this. Most luminizers are too glittery or the sheen isn't right, but this is terrific and the pump is useful. It gives a subtle glow, i use this mostly on cheekbones for special occasion but could be used during the day without it being too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 10:22:00 PM More reviews by ChristianChrissy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was introduced to Josie's products in a 'home shopping' make-up kit..& hands down, the illuminizer is my fave product..I would never been introduced to this AWESOME product otherwise. I LOVE the beautiful, healthy glow I get w this illuminizer (face, upper chest, & even my shoulders!) I have gotten many compliments on how healthy my skin looks-even if I mix it just w my moisturizer!! Also, a teeny bit goes a long way!! I am almost 50 & (thankfully!!) have inherited great skin from my Hungarian parents & ancestors so I usually just mix half a drop of illuminizer w my moisturizer & it definitely wakes up my skin in a quick, healthy way -- definitely not in a 'glittery' sorta way. I also sometimes get under-eye circles due to my chronic insomnia & this illuminizer definitely helps them fade. Woo Hoo! Plus, this product is actually GOOD FOR MY SKIN! This bottle will last me a lonnng time & I definitely will repurchase wen I run out. Thanks Josie!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2013 6:19:00 PM More reviews by inkyblaine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a fan of most Josie Maran products, so I am not surprised that I love this highlighter. I have tried most of the fan favorites and this one so far is the best. I use it for my brow bone and sometimes I will add just a touch to my foundation for all over. I am warm toned and Benefits highbeam seems too cool for me, although this is a similar color it just comes out a little warmer on me. This product is worth checking out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 12:45:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

This makes such a great addition to my liquid foundation during the cold, winter months. My skin tends to look very dull and dry when the cold months come around, and powder highlighters don't do me any favors. Enter the Argan Illuminizer - a thick, creamy liquid highlighter that gives me a natural, glow-from-within look. I add half a pump to my Loreal True Match foundation and apply it all over my face. You'd think that adding a luminzer all over the face would be a bad idea, but not at all. My skin beams with natural radiance and just looks healthy. I find that adding it to foundation works better than just applying it on its own. On it's own it's hard to blend out and can look patchy.

I have very acne prone skin and this has never broken me out nor does it make me look oily. If I used it during the summer months, it might be a different story, but if you have normal to dry skin, this is perfect.