Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Flared

3.2

on 3/27/2015 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like it far better than I expected from the reviews. No flakes, no clumping, absolutely gives me great volume and curl. Requires a little too much effort to remove and will lose some curl and smudge toward the end of the day, which cost a lippy. I just wish it lengthened too. I haven't used this with a secondary mascara to lengthen yet so I don't know if that will cause clumping, but I need both length and volume so it's not perfect.

on 3/18/2015 3:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Been using this for about three months now and I have no problems with it thus far. I've never used an eyelash curler yet this gives me the curled effect that I want and it adds length and volume. I do about two-three coats and my eyelashes become full and fluffed.

I absolutely love this it is my go to mascara I love the look it gives & my lashes stay in place which is a bonus to me one downfall & that's it dries out & clumps but that's around the 6 month mark anyway which is when mascara should be replaced because of germs & bactira😊❤️

on 3/5/2015 3:31:00 AM

It holds curl extremely well and it doesn't smudge, but otherwise it's quite average. Not much length OR volume. Makes lashes feel stiff. You've got to be careful removing it. If you press too hard with cotton pads - can say bye bye to a good number of lashes. I recommend splashing some water on it first to soften it up, and only then go with eye makeup remover on a cotton pad. It's heavily scented. Surprisingly I kinda like the scent, but it can be described as a powdery "old makeup" type.

on 2/10/2015 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

LOVE this mascara! Amazing product, been using this and They're Real and find I keep reaching for falsies flared instead!

Great product for an AMAZING price!

on 2/10/2015 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

All it does is clump your lashes, and didn't volumize or add length at all. The worst mascara I've ever tried, and that's saying a lot because I've tried every mascara out there.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

It was a good mascara, nothing bad to say except the occasional flaking...But there are so many mascaras similar or better that I will not repurchase as of now.

on 12/30/2014 5:15:00 PM

Used this for a while. Its ok if you don't curl your lashes, gives you an upturned kinda look. Not fantastic in any way tho

It was not waterproof, but after showering it would not come off and I had to scrub it with makeup remover.

on 12/7/2014 3:02:00 PM

This is seriously my favourite mascara ever. I've tried a lot of mascara, many many many drugstore brands including most of the L'Oreal, revlon, covergirl and other maybeline ones, makeupforever smokey, benefit they're real and badgal, dior show, and probably more that I can't recall right now! The falsies is probably the last mascara that I've spent my own money on though, and I've repurchased this too many times to count (I found NINE old mascaras in my cupboard the other day because I'm a makeup hoarder hehe). Anyways, this mascara does literally everything that I could hope a mascara should do. I'm obsessed with having big, long black lashes, but they CANNOT be clumpy or spidery looking in the slightest, as this happens so often when people try and get super long lashes. I'm a bit of a makeup perfectionist so if something doesn't look right, it makes me super frustrated and I have to either re-do it or fix it until it's the way I like it. The falsies is the only mascara that I've found that not only gives me the look that I want, but holds the look all day without and flakes or smudges at all. Flakey and smudgy mascara is THE WORST. I think it's also important to note that I spend almost all summer working outside (doing physical labour most of the day, mind you!) and also wear this mascara almost every day and it holds up great. I've also used the waterproof version of this mascara and it's great too, but I hate how hard waterproof mascara is to take off so I avoid it if I can. Anytime I've tried other mascaras in the past few years (free samples or borrowing from a friends) I've been disappointed that it never ever lives up to The Falsies. I've converted quite a few friends to this mascara too. If you've never tried it, at least give it a shot. I always get mine for around $7 which is a good price if you ask me, and I often find it on sale or can get my hands on some maybelline coupons. I will keep rebuying this till the end of time. If they ever discontinued this, I honestly don't know what I would do....