October 31, 2014 | 1630 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Brush Collection - Eyes Starter Set

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2014 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Randomination22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This brush set contains all the essentials you need to create beautiful eye makeup and I use them frequently when doing eye looks.

The brush quality is good indeed, picking up a good amount of colour and applying it very well. I particularly like using the Deluxe Crease Brush (and also the Base Shadow Brush sometimes) for concealer as they work well for it. That's the thing, these brushes are multi-purpose.

I don't use every single brush but I've used them all at least once and you can't really complain for the price.
The only thing, however, I do complain about is the stand - it's a good idea, but it's a bit cheap and doesn't really work properly (one of the brushes won't fit in again, annoyingly). Oh well, still a worthy buy!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2014 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I bought this kit for travel, and I am really not happy with it. The only brush I can actually use is the accent brush. The base shadow brush and crease brush are both too big, the eyeliner brush is too floppy and the brow brush isn't very useful without a spoolie on the opposite end.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by AHeartsMakeUp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love ALL of the Real Techniques brushes for a few reasons:

-Affordable
-Good Quality/No Shedding
-Nice Selection

You really can't go wrong with these. I wish I had discovered them sooner. My approach to brushes is to use them as whatever they work for me as, and not necessarily what they're labeled as.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2014 6:03:00 AM More reviews by Sugarnspice28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

These are hands down the BEST brushes on a budget! Super soft, a brush for all application needs, very well priced, easy to clean and very sturdy! I have bought 3 of these sets and love them all. I do not use the carry case they came with and have simply put them in my brush holder.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by paine724

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Three out of five of these brushes are excellent and the other two are just okay.

1) The base shadow brush is an excellent brush for applying shadows and I wish it were sold separately. It applies the shadows while simultaneously blending them and I find that I prefer it to using shader brushes which can leave inconsistent results.

2) The deluxe crease brush is great but I find that I like it better for blending out concealers and liquid/cream contours than I do to actually use in the crease. I find it's a little to big and imprecise to use there and I prefer to use my sigma brushes to blend out the crease. However, it buffs out underye concealer and cream contours very well. This really should have been included in the face brush set.

3) The accent brush is great for small precision work such as work on the outer or inner corner of the eyes and highlighting.

4) I have naturally thick brows so I don't use the brow brush for it's intended purpose but I like using this brush as an angled liner type brush to apply eyeshadows for cut creases and to apply shadows on the lower lash line. This brush is thick and the bristles are a bit separated so this brush is just "okay"

5) The pixel point eyeliner brush is the brush I reach the least for. I tried using this for eyeliner and the brush is too flexible and imprecise. I tried using this for tightlining and it's slightly better for that but nothing to go crazy about. This one is also just "okay"

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2014 11:51:00 AM More reviews by grapes123xo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

These brushes are so good! Pros: they are extremely soft and gentle on the eye ( crease and base shadow brush), accent brush: so small and perfect for adding the detail you want, eyeliner brush: also small and soft, very versatile so you can make a thick or thin line). The eyebrow brush is much tougher but also allows you to build color gradually, like all the other brushes. These are my favorite brushes. Another pro is the cute pink handles. The only con I have us that I wish the brushes are longer.., they remind me too much of travel brushes (which they are because they come with a case, which also comes in handy).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2014 2:07:00 PM More reviews by kenandbarbie

I love theses brushes to death!!! I will not buy another brand now its so perfect I'm glad my best friend who's a makeup artist introduced me to these.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2014 12:30:00 AM More reviews by Sizzle0431

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I would actually give this 4.5 stars. Love the brushes. Super soft. Haven't had any bristles fall out. Only brush I don't really like is the blending brush. I was hoping it would be my favorite. It didn't blend out my shadow it more or less picked it up and kept it. Lol my ELF 1 dollar brush does a better job. Not that I can't find another use for it like for my under eyes for blending out concealer. I was just hoping it would work better. I actually like the shadow brush better for blending the shadow. All the other brushes are wonderful.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2014 2:17:00 AM More reviews by chipmunkxpantoufle

Amazing what a proper set of brushes can do for the eyes! I've always invested in brushes for all areas of my face, but seemed to always skimped on eyeshadow brushes. The crease and shadow brush make popping on colour and blending effortless. The brow brush is perfect for defining your brows, it picks up a lot of pigment. I like to use the fine liner brush as a lip brush and the smudgey brush for tightlining.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 9:50:00 AM More reviews by camilka

REVIEW FOR BROW BRUSH ONLY
I have tried the Mac 208 and Mac 263 with the Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade with very bad results. This brush, though it it rather big, makes the application fool proof. Very good brush for this purpose.