Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser

3.4

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (0.5%).Inactive Ingredients: Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Disodium EDTA, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, PEG-16 Soy Sterol, PEG-6 Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium C14-C16 Olefin 1 Sorbitol, Water, Xanthan Gum.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This wasn't a bad cleanser, not very drying but didn't improve my acne or make it worse. And a little goes a long way, I had it for 3 months!

I used 1.5 bottles of this before I decided I needed to overhaul my whole skincare regimen and this got the boot. I just passed it along to a friend to try and they seem happy enough with it. Due to the foaming pump this product lasts a long time. I liked that it didn't have a high SA content and that it was not a stripping cleanser, but it didn't really seem to do much. I thought it might be causing some dryness, or that the soybean extract was irritating my skin. I was also using other very drying cleansers, so this one may not have been the culprit. I use the Aveeno BB cream and it has soybean extract and does not irritate my skin, so I don't think that is the issue. Its not a bad cleanser, and I might pick it up again in the future. I did a skincare regimen overhaul and so I quit using most products I was using, but this probably wasn't the issue. The pump and cap can be tricky if your hands are slippery, and the pump sticks some times.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a great cleanser that comes in a foaming pump. It has a nice light floral scent. It's easy on the facial skin, yet does a great job of getting all the left over makeup and the days dirt off. Love this cleanser! Would definitely buy again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This is one of the best line of blemish fighting I have used in a while! The product dispenses out from a pump, it's a white foam and when you add water to it, it's foamier and it has a pretty nice clean-smelling floral scent, I also use the Aveeno ClearComplexion Moisture with it as well and it's done quite a good job at keeping new blemishes at bay while healing existing ones. I decided to go with this line of skincare one Youtuber that I really like (clothesencounters) used to use this line and says that this really worked for her troubled skin so I said to myself, why not give it a try? So, I did!

The big FAT CON: When both of the products are not on sale, it's around $20-$22 each so I stalk up during sale time: $8,99-$10 each!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I'm really liking this for my combination oily, sometimes acne prone skin. It's nice to find an acne cleanser that only has 0.5% salicylic instead of 2%, which is usually too drying for me. This cleanser foams nicely and leaves my skin feeling clean but not stripped, which is what I want. I can't stand the squeaky clean, dehydrated feeling. Anyway, the only reason I took off one lippie is because the packaging isn't my favorite because you have to pump a few times to get enough product, and I'm not crazy about the scent either- wish it was the same as the positively radiant line. Other than that, I am really loving this cleanser, it's reasonably priced and easy to find.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely love this cleanser! I noticed that it reduces the blemishes I have. I use this at night for removing my makeup. I do also use a eye makeup remover for my mascara and eyeliner, but the rest of my makeup comes off with this cleanser. It's soothing, and does not dry out your skin. I always repurchase this product and sometimes I'll use the regular one that comes in the tan packaging. I will continue to repurchase. The only complaint I have is that the pump sometimes clogs up, but not too bad. It just gets stopped up and goes back.

I will always have love for this cleanser. I used it exclusively through most of my 20s. Around the time I hit 30 I found it a bit too drying...not horribly so but enough that after washing I felt the need to apply moisturizer immediately-you know, that squeaky clean tight feeling. Also it doesn't suit my needs anymore as my breakouts are few and far between. But as I recall it left my skin very soft and glowing, and helped keep it clear...I wouldn't say this is a heavy duty acne fighter but if you have very mild acne and your skin cant tolerate harsher acne products with 2% salicylic acid this is a good alternative. I would definitely recommend this over any of that clean and clear crap-or even the Neutrogena acne line (their pink grapefruit cleanser dried my skin out to the point where I felt like my face was gonna crack and bleed!). Nice gentle foam, nice subtle scent. Works well with the matching moisturizer

I've been using this cleanser since 2007. It works well for me - I had a bit of teen acne back then, but it was never severe, and it still works well for me as my skin has grown up. I really like the light smell of this cleanser and the fact that it's a gentle foaming cleanser because I've never really liked using creamy cleansers.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I recently bought this in the hopes that it would clear up a breakout. I haven't had a breakout in quite some time so I was kinda freaking out. When I first used it, my skin noticeably looked more even. However, when I woke up the next morning my face hurt, so bad. It felt SO dry and irritated. It was actually stinging. I'm having trouble describing the pain, because I've never experienced it. Not only that, but my breakout only got worse and left the texture of my skin so strange looking and feeling. I believe I had an allergic reaction to something in this, and I'm almost positive it is the soy since that was the first time using it on my body.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Honestly, when I first used this product it worked amazing and did wonders. It left my skin soft and there was hardly any dryness and I saw a huge difference. But now it doesn't even work anymore. After constantly buying this product its time to finally change my face wash because this is ridiculous. My face is left oily, red blemishes everywhere and to top it off full of bumps. 10/10 would not recommend anymore.