April 17, 2014 | 1596 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Estee Lauder - Day Wear Sheer Tint Release SPF 15

rated 1 of 5 on 12/16/2013 2:31:00 AM More reviews by Sheoak

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm afraid that apart from the lovely packaging, I didn't like this moisturiser at all. It has an unusual "gritty" texture which feels somewhat unpleasant to apply. It starts off a pale green/blue shade and then adjusts to quite a dark tint upon blending. I didn't like the tint as it settles in fine lines and looks odd. Also the tint is too orange and dark overall for my liking. Neither does it stay matte, as with most (all?) products containing sunscreen, it becomes shiny very quickly.

I was disappointed to discover that it makes my eyes burn and water terribly, and I don't even apply it near my eyes, it just manages to irritate them severely regardless.

Finally, for a very average product, it is really pricey - I think around $68 AUD. Bleah!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2013 2:35:00 AM More reviews by Dan2151975

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Smell, texture and feeling are great

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2013 8:35:00 AM More reviews by eileen08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I like this product for the summer, when all that foundation is too heavy on your skin. Also, this is a tint moisturiser, so you don't need any cream before using this BB.
It has some grains but after rubbing them on your skin, they release a nice colour, subtle I must say. I mean, I have an yellow skin, NC20-25 and it is not that noticeable on my skin. It looks glowy, healthy, but not that pigmented.
I've read some other comments about an orange tint, probably for those with fair skin...
I will repurchase it as it is perfect for summer. Sometimes, during cold days, I use it before my foundation for that ultra coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 10:05:00 PM More reviews by mppaul23

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am such an EL skin care fan do not know how I am just discovering this amazing product. I think because this is 'sold under the skin care line, and I was looking for tinted moisturizers as make up, I just passed over this gem.

I do not wear foundation so I am always maintaining an arsenal of good skin care products. So When I wanted to try a light to sheer tinted moisturizer...I do not know why EL did not come to mind (other than I was thinking make up and EL for me is skin care). I think because I only look to her for skin care (I do love her Sumptuous Bold Mascara) and every one raves about DW foundation which I knew I was not interested in. I did try the invisible Fluid with high hopes but it broke me out.

Well any way I found this and Daywear Multi Protection Anti Oxidant Moisturizer SPF 30 in a CCO. I love Daywear cream but did not like the jar and the SPF 15 was too low I thought.

These work great together and give me the SPF I want, packaging is great so anti oxidants will remain stable (this Daywear Lotion for Normal/Combination skin SPF 30 is in a tube similar to the older packaging of the Sheer Tint Release). Leaves just a hint of evenness in color, lovely cucumber sent, excellent same Daywear moisturizing powerhouse ingredients for skin and healthy glow not oily like the Laura Mercier.

I am going back to buy back ups, as they only sell the SPF 30 moisturizers in select markets so it may be on its way out. I have never seen it at any EL counter I visit. Now the Sheer Tint Release is at my local EL counter but getting at the CCO is nice for the discount and I think this may be the original formula, but it works great for me. A definite repurchase and new Holy Grail.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2012 10:55:00 AM More reviews by l3xileven

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used a tube of this, and repurchased, but it's just too dark a tint for me; I'm an NC 15, NC20 at most once tanned and it only suits me at my most tanned. The rest of the time, I need to use it so lightly that it doesn't moisturise enough so I don't think I get the benefits you pay for with the Daywear line.
I also don't like the 'gritty' texture of this and this seemed worse in my second tube, I think they have changed the formulation and I've thrown away the second tube now. Really not worth the price, there are so many tinted moisturisers/European 'BB' creams out there now with skincare benefits that suit slightly paler skintones.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/21/2012 8:28:00 AM More reviews by 211Rainbow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First of all, I DON'T recommend this product as a tinted moisturizer! It may work if you're quite tanned and if you blend a small amount really well, but on me it looks too orangey, even in the summer. But what I loooove to use it for is a BRONZER! I just blend a small amount on the tops of my cheekbones, down my nose and on my temples and this is the only 'bronzer' that looks natural on me! Because of the consistency of a tinted moisturizer it looks like real skin, and because the colour is a bit too orangey/reddish for a TM it looks like a real tan! So if you have this products lying around, gathering dust because you cannot make it work all over your face, try this! I'm not sure if I would buy it again. Probably not, maybe if I'm looking for a good bronzer when this one runs out. But it'll last me a long time! As a bronzer, this stuff is definitely not that pricey if you know that you get 50ml of bronzer ;) give it a go!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2012 9:52:00 AM More reviews by afterglow_ladydust

I really wanted this product to work, especially after i spent 60euros for it, and because estee lauder is a brand with faithful customers who rave about the product. Plus, the youtube bloggers pixiwoo's love it.
However, it is way too orange for my fair nw15 skin and it has a fragrance which may not be adored by everyone(at least me). furthermore, whenever i wear it under my makeup(since its coverage isn't enough for me-although i didn't expect more coverage since it is a moisturizer), I get blackheads the next day and clogged pores.
I have to admit though that it makes an excellent makeup base, especially in summer, cause i m getting slightly more tanned and I can get away with the dark colour.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2012 8:19:00 AM More reviews by mizzcindy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

So I got a generous sample of this product, and because I'm very fair in winter and I'd like to get a bit of a (sunless) tan for spring I'd thought I should try this.
Well, I kinda liked the product itself: nice scent, I love the lightweight moisturizing effect and scent, overall another great daytime moisturizer from Estee Lauder.
But... the colour of this sheer tint on me is really way off! I'm NW15 and on me this turns way too orange. Nothing like sheer tint, I looked like I'd overdosed on spray tan.
I can get away with it when applying a foundation on top of it, to tone down the orangeness, but the reason I was interested in this product in the first place was because I'd like to use this in the summer instead of a foundation or tm.
So, I like the product, that's why I'm giving this 3 lippies, but this does not adapt to my skintone.
You really need to try this one before buying. I think this might work much better on darker/ warmer skintones.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2012 2:50:00 AM More reviews by princesssage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I liked this product, but I didn't love it, and think you can find better for less. I didn't really feel it was all that moisturizing. I wore a moisturizer under this product (and I'm combo/oily, although I think my skin was going through a dry phase when I was using this). The finish was matte/natural. It didn't do much for my skin in terms of look or texture. Basically, I used it for a month or two, got bored with it, and got rid of it. It's really nothing special, which is too bad, because in general I love EL. If I were to do it again, I'd spend the money on Laura Mercier's TM.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by mohayes1402

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

There is so much about this product to love. On my normal/combination skin it is a lovely light moisturiser (on top of my usual), it illuminates, it smells lovely and fresh... it would be a holy grail for me IF the colour wasn't so difficult to work with!

I am fair skinned (about NW20 in MAC, shade B10 in Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua) and even though this is supposed to adapt to all skin tones it just doesn't. Only when I was really tanned in the middle of the summer could I get away with this and even then had to spread it down my neck. Such a shame as it is otherwise a beautiful product.

The price is pretty outrageous. I like high end and have make up from Chanel as well as EL but this is overpriced in my opinion.

Estee Lauder PLEASE make this is in a lighter shade for us pale girls!