September 17, 2014 | 981 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Dior Addict EDP

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2014 10:42:00 AM More reviews by suripopje

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Favorite scent.
Heavy heavy oriental scent and it lingers. It's a warm heavy sweet but also spicy scent and it's definitely a love or hate type of scent. There is just no middle ground with this one it's either totally your thing or not. It works very well with my body chemistry and one thing that is to be said about this scent other than that it is instantly recognizable is that it smells organic. Only in the sense that however unusual and for some people downright disgusting the smell it has no synthetic feel to it.
Of course there is no real way to decipher the ingredients but to describe it I'd use the words, gourmand (smells that a reminiscent of foods) spicy, warm, oriental, woody(??), sweet and very very very heavy. Truly unique. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2014 9:01:00 PM More reviews by rachelsxoxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall, I love this perfume, although I could see why it would turn people off. It's very heavy and intense, and at first, I can't stand the smell of myself lol, whereas there are some perfumes that smell great right away. But within 10 minutes, it blends into my skin and smells really sexy and lasts a really long time. I have literally had strangers stop tell me I smell amazing and guys can't get enough of me when I wear it. It's my go to when I'm on a date or going to an upscale lounge. Although, I will say that it does smell a little different now compared to when I first started wearing it almost a decade ago. I can't pin point what exactly is different but I find it takes longer for it to blend into my skin's oils to make it smell good. Overall, this is probably my favorite perfume to wear bc it has the biggest 'wow' factor to it and it's pretty unique as it's not too much of one smell, but just a nice blend of spicy, musky, vanilla, and floral.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2014 6:39:00 AM More reviews by BeaP

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This started very promising (smokey vanilla), but quickly became a horrible, cloying white floral. Addict has been reformulated and repackaged more than once, but basically it stayed the same. I think most or all Dior fragrances were reformulated in the last couple of years, they were cheapened I guess. The older versions are stronger and have better quality raw materials. (I don't know this for a fact, it's just what my nose tells me.) The composition remained the same or almost the same. According to Fragrantica the different versions were created by different perfumers and they have different notes, but I can't really smell this difference. Addict is still really potent, loud and long-lasting, which is a good thing, if you like how it smells.
The best smokey vanilla I've smelled so far is still Guerlain's Shalimar.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 3:31:00 AM More reviews by jrm1862

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of the worst perfumes I've ever smelled. I went to Sephora with my gift cards ready to get this but once I sprayed it I changed my mind completely. I read so many positive reviews on this that I thought i'd love it. I can't understand why so many people love this but that is their opinion and good for them. I waited for the drydown but that still was bad. Smells like sweaty men puffing cigars on a leather couch in a musty bar with some cheezy waitresses wearing cheap vanilla perfume. I tried my best to like it but I just cannot. I'm so glad I did not buy this blindly. You couldn't pay me to wear this. I know I'm being harsh but this is just yuck! The only positive is the neat blue bottle.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2014 8:51:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

A warm and sexy spicy oriental. This is almost exactly like Opium but softer and with a little extra citrus! I can smell coca cola, cinnamon, vanilla, sandalwood, amber, with a touch of oranges and cream. Its smoother and more creamy (more vanilla), brighter (the orange fruit), and less cloying than Opium. I found Opium was one loud boring amber headache, whereas Addict is more sophisticated.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by clarissa90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am in the minority here, but this fragrance was horrid on me. And I don't say that about alot of fragrances. Probably three ever, including this one. Not only did it smell bad, it gave me an immense headache which caused me to rush home to put myself out of misery. Sorry Mr. Dior, looks like I will not be purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by Krissy0913

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used to wear this when it first launched. Recently after not wearing it for years I sprayed myself while shopping and received a compliment right away!! I bought it and receive at least one compliment a day!!! It is a gorgeous scent!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by jennamarie11

One of my fave perfumes. Beautiful smell and so.classy. Lasts all.day.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2013 1:57:00 AM More reviews by Prncs06

Warm sweetness of vanilla with an undeniable overlay of tangy spice. Love. Settles on me very quickly (unlike hypnotic poison, another fav, which settles/changes quite slowly), lasts, and remains enjoyable all day. For me the intensity of this scent is tasteful and not overwhelming, but because of the spicy tones, I typically reserve this scent for night or for my own sniffing enjoyment when lounging around the house on the weekends. Addict makes me feel sophisticated and sexy and I absolutely love wearing it. Only downside is hubby doesn't particularly care for it, which is unfortunate because I can inhale it all day long.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/19/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Pambryant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This smells like pepper to me. Like I opened a container of pepper and took a big whiff.

I don't like it. The pepper smell is overwhelming to me.

It contains Tonka bean, which is what I believe makes it smell like pepper. Or it might be the sandalwood.?

I don't like balsamic or aromatic perfumes.

from Fragrantica: The top notes are mandarin leaves and mulberry flowers; Night Queen Flower, Bulgarian rose and orange flower are in the heart; the base is created with Bourbon vanilla, sandal wood and Tonka bean.