November 22, 2014 | 1729 users online

Lips - Sephora - Cream Lip Stain (all shades)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by evanlami

This is a really great lip stain. It lasts all day (a very rare thing!) and looks great. My only complaint is that it is quite drying, but you can remedy that quickly with a lip balm. I'm really impressed with this product and will definitely be purchasing it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by daragovan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Always Red is fabulous! I love it. It's universally flattering and is long wearing. It can be drying, but isn't patchy. I absolutely love the color and it is so highly pigmented that one stroke is all you need. If you don't have it, get it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2014 7:44:00 AM More reviews by 1017

This was the most frustrating purchase because I love the wear of these and the pics I see, but color selection was PITA for my NW20, deep winter, almost black hair, brown eyes complexion. I didn't want the red, I have tons of reds that I love already. So the product itself is solid and a good purchase, but there were no colors that wowed me. I started with Endless Purple and it just looked "eh" on me...not bad, but not great. Then I tried Dark Berry, it looked nice but really, really vampy and was touchy to apply evenly. Then I tried Everlasting Burgundy - yes! Perfect color! But hold up, what the heck is this 80's metallic finish? I love the mattes. I don't mind the shimmer in Dark Berry (it still looks pretty matte), but the color of my dreams, Everlasting Burgundy finishes to this uber metallic finish (banging my head on my makeup table at this point in frustration). Why Sephora, why? Just make this shade a satin or matte....but not this metallic finish. I also looked at the rose shade-metallic, the Classic Beige skews orange on me but was matte...grrr. So now I have Everlasting Burgundy (perfect shade, horrible finish) & Dark Berry (perfect finish, a bit too dark of a shade/touchy) trying to decide what to keep and what to return. At this point I wish the Endless Purple didn't look so "eh" on me (color wise, the Burgundy and the Berry do much more for my complexion). I see why it is one of the more popular shades, it is in the middle of my two favorite shades and it is matte.

If you see a color/finish you love, these are great. If you felt frustrated with the color/finish selection...you are not alone.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by budenden01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The staying power is great. Still on my lips for hours even after i eat and drink.. No retouch is needed.. Gonna repurchase again! And maybe consider other shades too! (Mine is in shade 03)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2014 9:53:00 AM More reviews by snkatha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

I absolutely LOVE this product. I have it in the deep burgundy perfect for that deep Autumnal lip. It looks fabulous on my dark skin so women of color, try this! I put it on, it dries matte & doesn't budge. I want to try the hot pink, strawberry red & the nude. It's also affordable at just under 11 euros! Two thumbs up. It can be a bit drying so wear a lipbalm underneath & you'll be golden.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by GabbyT15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can't get over how great this product is. The gloss dries completely matte and will last for hours. The red gloss is my favorite but I wish Sephora would come out with more shades! Worth every dime and I'll be purchasing more shades in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2014 11:43:00 AM More reviews by chukulata

I have these in 01 Always Red, 03 Strawberry Kissed and 04 Endless Purple. They are AMAZING!!! Stays on for so long, does not bleed and no transfer. I love how matte the ones I picked are. Yeah it's drying but I don't care they look beautiful. Plus you can always put a gloss or balm over it. Everyone needs to try them. Will be getting more colors.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2014 10:17:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not sure why I held off buying this for so long, but now that I have, I'm glad I did.
I picked this up in 07 ("Dark Berry", I think) and it is the perfect deep aubergine for Autumn. I've worn this exclusively for five days straight now because I love it so much. There's a hint of warm-toned shimmer in it, which gives it a good amount of dimension. Otherwise, the texture itself is matte (as one might expect from a longwearing liquid lip color).
The formula and scent both remind me of my beloved Stila liquid lip colors, only Sephora has a wider (and more interesting) range of colors from rosy nudes to bright pinks to the terrific deep purple/burgundy of this shade.
Wear time is phenomenal. I do get a tad bit of fading near my inner lip after I've eaten, but touching up is easy and otherwise, it wears all day without going patchy.
It is a tad drying, but I can wear this every day provided I moisturize my lips properly at night.
Packaging is simple but functional. With formulas like this, it's hard to get the right kind of applicator in the packaging, so I use a separate brush along the lip line to clean it up. This stuff is extremely opaque, so you don't need a lot.
I'll definitely check out other shades in this range, as well as repurchase this one.

EDIT 11/20: Picked this up in the shade 04 - Endless Purple. STUNNING! It's a dark, dusty plum/mauve shade. Slightly vampy, but not as dark as Dark Berry. It's matte as well, and wears slightly better than Dark Berry over time. Fantastic product!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by ogochukwu27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I tested the red 01 color at sephora to see if it looked good on my nw40 complexion. The moment I walked out of sephora and into the mall, I was approach by several men and women at different location at the mall telling me that they love my look! Of course, my ego had reached a new limit and I rushed right back to Sephora and purchased the lip stain.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

On my last trip to Sephora I bought this in 02 Classic Beige. I wanted a stain that was NOT gloppy glossy. On its own, this is a bit drying, truth be said. However, I liked the color (a nude that is not that godawful concealer beige) and everything else at Sephora is so bloody expensive.

I found a great way to make this work. I use it OVER balms, lip glosses or shiny lipsticks. I found it out when I tried it over Sephora's Color Reveal lip balm. I wear it on top of Clinique's Black Honey, to tone the dark red color. I also used it on top of Nars gloss (I can wear it again!) and on top of Lipstick Queen, the Saint version. It can work on any emollient lip balm or clear gloss. The secret is not to go crazy on either product. Exfoliate your lips. Put a thin layer of balm on them. Then a thin layer of gloss, or shiny l/s. And top it with this stain. Gently blend the two. Worked great for me. Long lasting color without dryness. I don't think this is really a stain, but I don't care since my method makes it last a goodish bit of time. I hope this works well for others.