September 16, 2014 | 962 users online

Lips - Sephora - Cream Lip Stain (all shades)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

On my last trip to Sephora I bought this in 02 Classic Beige. I wanted a stain that was NOT gloppy glossy. On its own, this is a bit drying, truth be said. However, I liked the color (a nude that is not that godawful concealer beige) and everything else at Sephora is so bloody expensive.

I found a great way to make this work. I use it OVER balms, lip glosses or shiny lipsticks. I found it out when I tried it over Sephora's Color Reveal lip balm. I wear it on top of Clinique's Black Honey, to tone the dark red color. I also used it on top of Nars gloss (I can wear it again!) and on top of Lipstick Queen, the Saint version. It can work on any emollient lip balm or clear gloss. The secret is not to go crazy on either product. Exfoliate your lips. Put a thin layer of balm on them. Then a thin layer of gloss, or shiny l/s. And top it with this stain. Gently blend the two. Worked great for me. Long lasting color without dryness. I don't think this is really a stain, but I don't care since my method makes it last a goodish bit of time. I hope this works well for others.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by ambercriedwolf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

For the price, this is a great lip stain! Very comparable to the the Lime Crime lip stains. The color Always Red is a great dupe for Lime Crime's Red Velvet and I've even heard some people say that Strawberry Kisses is comparable to Lime Crime's Suedeberry. So if you've been wanting to try Lime Crime's lip stains and they don't comply with your budget or they are out of stock (which they often times are) then these are a great option! They are also just a great choice in general.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 2:19:00 AM More reviews by zpan12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product - yes, it's a bit drying, but that's exactly why I love it. It never feels like it's bleeding and it definitely stays on for a very long time even when I'm eating and drinking. I have Always Red, Strawberry Kissed and recently ordered Dark Berry and Everlasting Burgundy. I'm so happy I found this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2014 9:18:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

Holy amazeballs, this actually lives up to the hype! I'm NC25 and bought Classic Beige (matte brown) and Always Red (matte, true red) on a whim. Always Red is a BRIGHT, classic, retro red and looks very similar to Revlon Really Red, which is my go-to red lipstick. It's super flattering for almost any skin tone and complexion. Classic Beige is a bit harder to pull off - it's a medium, matte brown, and it looks too dark and ruddy to be a nude on me. I'd recommend it for medium to darker-skinned ladies, or I guess anyone who is going for the 90's brown-lips look. I personally think this shade ages me, so I may pass this on to a friend or a family member.

The doe-foot applicator makes application a breeze and you can apply without lip liner of any kind. (Having balm underneath is definitely a good idea.) The product feels incredibly light after it dries, like I have absolutely nothing on my lips. It took about a full minute to dry to the point where it didn't rub off on my fingers or a napkin, but once it's on, it's ON. I saw no fading after a few hours outside, even after drinks and food.

You need something oil-based to remove this stain from your lips because it really doesn't budge otherwise. I noticed that if you add a balmy, creamy lipstick on top, it tends to take the stain right off since those are full of hydrating oils, so keep that in mind if you want to layer things on top of this stain. By itself, it's pretty budge-proof.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by FeralFairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in Endless Purple and it is a beautiful dark plum mauve that looks amazing for everyday. It goes on smooth and dries quickly & matte but leaves my lips feeling velvety. It does not dry out my lips as long as I make sure to keep them properly hydrated with lip balm every night ( i do not wear any balm under this product).It last through eating unless its something really greasy and oily ( then it might need some touch up in the middle). I find it will last perfectly for at least 5 hours before any kind of little touch up might be needed but it could go 8-9 hours if you are careful. I looove it ...wish that it was still 12 instead of 16 dollars but I will pay that for this quality. Plan on going back and getting Always Red as well

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2014 11:06:00 PM More reviews by SummerLC

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this lip product....except for the shimmery look. I want a lip gloss/stain that doesn't look cheap and I think if it has shimmer it looks kind if cheap. That being said u do love this product. It is a bit drying but dries beautifully and the color is great! I would repurchase this

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Veena22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely loving this product!! Such a beautiful finish, not drying at all. Would recommend to everyone who loves matte finishes. Lasts all day long, and it comes in cute travel size packaging! Only downsize is trying to repurchase or buy other colours from America to England! Shipping is really expensive!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2014 11:51:00 PM More reviews by talibear

Unbelievable. Going on 8 hours of wear with strawberry kissed (matte red). Touched up a bit around edges at hour 4 but overall my lips looks perfect. Don't dry out your lips and this particular color looks amazing on my pale cool skin. Not interested in a frosty look but would consider the other matte colors AND will definitely repurchase this!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by mrsseay

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My hands down favorite matte red lippie. Lasts a very long time and doesn't dry my lips at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 10:40:00 AM More reviews by medarrah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the matte look that these creamy lip stains leave. I have classic red, and while it's hard to find the appropriate time to wear this, i'll definitely look into some other lighter shades that they provide so I can wear it more often. The one that I have lasts for hours, even after eating, and hardly transfers at all. 5/5 lippies.