Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo

Deionized Water, Decyl Glucoside (Coconut Oil), African Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Aloe Vera Leaf Juice, Argan Oil, Panthenol (Pro‐Vitamin B‐5), Rosemary Extract, Sea Kelp Extract, Vitamin E, Guar Gum, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower (and) Lonicera Japonica (Japanese Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Avocado Oil

on 6/30/2015 5:35:00 PM

A wonderful shampoo :) smells lovely, moisturizes and doesn't strip your hair. Has great ingredients. I have virgin, thick, dry and thirsty curls. And this shampoo is very kind to my hair. Wonderful as body wash too :)

on 6/25/2015 12:38:00 PM

This formula is perfect for my Caucasian medium textured, dry, somewhat wavy, color treated, frizz prone hair. It's supposed to be for dry/damaged hair so it's a restorative formula that may be too heavy for fine hair. It works great for me, however. It banishes all dryness and makes my hair soft, silky and shiny and frizz free. This shampoo lathers really well, which is unusual for a sulfate free formula, and it takes very little to get a head full of frothy lather. It also protects my precious hair color. I love everything about it. It's super gentle but cleanses well and, when used with the Raw Shea Butter conditioner, totally repairs my dry, damaged locks. It's also fairly priced, a bit more than the typical drugstore brands, but totally worth it. My DH now uses it too and loves it as much as I do. I recommend this formula for anyone with dry/damaged tresses in need of some serious TLC.

on 6/5/2015 12:55:00 PM

This is one of my favorite shampoos. It gets nice and squishy without creating a big foamy lather and leaves my hair feeling clean and not stripped at all. I use it on my fine, frizzy-wavy, dry hair both in the cold months when my hair gets really dry or in the summer when I'm battling frizz, and it's a godsend. It works fantastic with the accompanying conditioner. My only complaint is it gets a tiny bit difficult to get the last of the product out. I have to usually add water and slosh it up to finish the bottle, but other than that, it's fantastic.

on 5/28/2015 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I've been using this over a year and I love it! My hair has gotten much thicker. It holds moisture much better and seems healthier overall. I always buy this in a BOGO from walgreens. I have relaxed , African American hair.

on 5/17/2015 11:17:00 AM

This is my favorite shampoo. I cannot say enough good things about it.

It smells weird, but it's a good weird. The product is expensive, ~$10 a bottle but I only need about a dime size amount to clean my hair really well. And I'm not kidding when I say literally as soon as I put it on my scalp my hair felt ridiculously soft. I noticed the difference immediately.

I like to try a bunch of different shampoos/conditioners but this is my absolute favorite right now-- I always come back to it. Unfortunately the conditioner is too heavy for my thick 2b hair.

Can't wait to try other Shea Moisture shampoos!

on 3/28/2015 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I felt like this dried my hair out more than regular soap. Hated it! No moisturize retention whatsoever.

on 2/11/2015 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Bought one for my mother and myself, but after I saw what it did to my mothers hair I didn't dare try it on my own. Her hair was the driest I had ever seen. The smell of this is really strong and off-putting. Why would you put all that perfume into a natural product. Makes no sense to me. All in all im just finished with the natural hair products. They really don't do anything for the hair.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love, love LOVE it! I have been using for about 3 months. Best thing I have ever used! I did a TON of online research, and finally decided for the best deal and quality of ingredients, I would try it. Never going back- to ANY other shampoo! For price, GREAT, for quality, GREAT! I have brown hair, normally crunchy and greasy really fast. This made it soft, silky, but NOT greasy/oily for two days! I cannot stop touching my hair after I wash it. Love the natural shea butter smell! SO many people have complimented me on the smell it ROCKS! A little goes a long way as well.
DON"T FEAR TRYING IT! If you have greasy scalp and dry ends, this is the shampoo for you! It evens out the softness so my scalp is not greasy, but soft and my ends are not crunchy/dry, but soft and silky!
The ingredients also rock. I CANNOT believe that the ingredients listed do what they do! ALL NATURAL and plant based, for real! I became a health freak about four months ago, so I wanted to find something more natural than the shampoo I was using. My mom uses the curly haired one in this line- it works great for her too! I WILL ALWAYS be your fan, shea moisture.
ONLY downer is it is not completely organic, or certified nongmo. I tried looking it up to see if anther website says whether or not. I know the baby line is nongmo sugar beets. Maybe someday I will ask. It doesn't matter, for the naturalness, ingredients, price, and the quality of what it does to your hair- you will NEVER go back to conventional! Don't listen to others! I looked at the horrible reviews before I bought it and they made me sketchy- such lying freaks! This is the best shampoo on the market, and the healthiest for your hair- even ABOVE certified organic shampoos that I found only contain castile soap (not good for hair since it strips the natural oils so your head overcompensates)
AND for thsi shampoo there is a SLIGHT transitional period, like two days, but if you use no other product with it, (NO sprays, gels) your hair becomes a wonder!
AND THOSE WHO SAID THEIR COLOR GOES OUT- LIARS! My mom dyes her hair routinely and she used it and she has had NO COLOR LOSS whatsoever. It even made the color more VIBRANT and REAL!

DON"T BE AFRAID! GIVE THIS WONDERFUL, God given product a try!

on 1/28/2015 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I kept eyeing this shampoo & conditioner for the longest time. When they're on sale, they always go fast. A lot of the stores that usually carry this brand (CVS, Walgreens, ULTA) rarely have it in my area, or not at all. My local Wal Mart got this particular product, so I paid full price to try it.

I honestly went in with no huge expectations from these. I have fine, wavy, long hair, and assumed it would weigh my hair down. NOPE. Not the case! The shampoo is super creamy, with a little lather. It leaves my hair super shiny and bouncy! While it didn't do a lot for my frizz & dry ends the first two times I used it, by the end of the first week I could really see and feel it working.

The first week I used this, I had to adjust to the amount of shampoo needed. A little does go a long way. It does lather, but not as much a sulfate shampoo. I would wash my hair thinking that there was no way this product is doing its job, and I was wrong. Keep this in mind if you aren't used to sulfate free products.

With the conditioner, my hair stays clean and non greasy for about two days. My hair is usually greasy by the end of the day.

While the scent isn't an overpowering, knock you out strong one when I use it, it will stay in my hair for days. This is unheard of for me, especially with a natural product. I love getting hints of it through the day. It's also my -favorite- scent from their hair care lines so far. I find that the Hibiscus Coconut is SICKLY sweet, and will never use it for that reason. The smell from this particular line is totally different. Though I can't put my finger on what it exactly smells like... it's clean and perfumey. Rosemary & honeysuckle extracts are used.

With their B1G1 sales, you seriously can't go wrong -- especially if you can find them easily (jealous). I plan to stock up online until they are more available in my area.

Their products being priced the way they are (even full price), with the ingredients they contain, is an INSANE deal.
Customer for life!

on 1/27/2015 5:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I had been in the market for a new sulfate free shampoo, something more natural. After getting into couponing for a bit I had accumulated a stock of sulfate shampoos and silicone filled conditioners and my hair was a wreck. I decided no amount of savings was worth having ratty hair and did tons of research until I decided on trying the Shea Moisture line.

I purchased the Raw Shea shampoo/conditioner and the Coconut Hibiscus shampoo/conditioner because I couldn't decide which line would be best for my hair type.
I have normal to fine caucasian hair and lots of it. My canopy is very porous and my under lengths are normal to low porosity. My hair pattern is very wavy if I do not brush it out after showering but if i do it goes into a slightly waved full bodied look, not completely straight.

I rotate using the Raw Shea Shampoo and Coconut Hibiscus Shampoo as the Raw Shea is very moisturizing and my hair will get oily if i use it twice in a row.
Slowly but surely my hair is returning to health.

Personally, I prefer the scent of the Raw Shea line over the Coconut and Hibiscus range. The Raw Shea scent is light and lasts till your next wash.

I love this brand and can't wait to try the other lines. I am a Shea Moisture customer forever.

Top Rated Shea Moisture Products