August 21, 2014 | 968 users online

Shampoo - Shea Moisture - Organic Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by twilty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have dry, coarse hair which either frizzes and curls, or falls straight and smooth depending on the products I use. This shampoo made my hair smooth, soft, and managable. A little goes a long way. It lathers up well, and cleans nicely without stripping hair of its moisture. Love this shampoo. I hope the manufactures keep it exactly the way it is. The price may be a little high, but I am willing to pay the extra bucks for a clean product that works well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by shann0n0shea

GREAT PRODUCT!!! Background on my hair: 3b curls, damaged from over processing, crawling with split ends, and had horrible breakage and fall out. I needed to get my hair as healthy and grow it out as possible before I cut it so I can have more hair to work with when I cut it to get my desired cut. This product over the period of time of using the entire bottle DID bring my hair back to life. It put back some much needed moisture. I used this as well as the restorative conditioner but the conditioner was not moisturizing enough. I'm currently using the Curl & Shine and tbh I like it much much more

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2014 10:58:00 PM More reviews by rolocrazy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this product. I have relaxed African American hair and this provides a ton of moisture and softens my dry hair. My only complaint is that I noticed it turned my grey strands yellow. The grey hair sections are completely yellow and no longer shines silver. Just beware. Other than that an excellent product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2014 9:38:00 PM More reviews by Lyah28

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this product. It has a surprisingly huge lather but it doesn't strip your hair or your scalp. Really good for my 3b/3c curly hair. I can't really identify the smell... Maybe it's the shea butter and sea kelp. Also I think it overly moisturized my scalp. After three days of washing my hair I just develop dandruff, the greasy kind. But I am willing to ignore all of that because it leaves my hair soo soft!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2014 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Chizara123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

AMAZING! This shampoo is perfect and it moisturizes your hair so well and it has no sulfates! I've been using this shampoo for over a year and I have nothing but good things to say! I use it every weekend and it makes my hair so soft! I am obsessed with this shampoo!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2014 8:16:00 AM More reviews by Josie012

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for a couple of months now, and it's the first shampoo that I've used that hasn't left my hair feeling brittle and extremely dry after shampooing. I do feel that some moisture is retained, but my hair and scalp still feel slightly dry after using this product. I also feel that this shampoo does a great job washing away all the dirt and oil and I love that it has natural ingredients and no harsh chemicals, parabens, or sulfates. And for those who are concerned, this product has an earthy, musty smell.

I won't be repurchasing this product because it has sea kelp, which seals the cuticles. I have low porosity hair, and need ingredients that will lift my hair cuticles so my hair can absorb more moisture. I feel that this ingredient is counterproductive.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2014 5:13:00 PM More reviews by suzanneb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

OMG I love this shampoo and I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't turn on me, my fav Aveeno shampoo was discontinued and it has been a nightmare to find a replacement, I have dry scalp, dry wavy hair, live in a very dry climate, have hard water and on top of that psoriasis!!! I've tried everything from low to high end even prescription and other organic shampoos, Walgreens had a sale and I said why not, I'm so happy I tried this, to me $10 for this gem is a fantastic price, it's priceless to have super soft hair that doesn't need conditioner after and scalp that doesn't burn or itch at night, the only con is that I felt that I needed to wash sooner that I am used to but maybe it's because it's summer and temps are at around 100 degrees.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2014 7:17:00 AM More reviews by NiecyBaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the first sulfate free shampoo I've used so I can't compare it to anything else. My hair is 3c/4a, very dry and so far so good with this product. Its definitely left my hair more moisturized than other shampoos, even more so than other conditioners! For a sulfate free shampoo, with no other detergents, it actually has a decent lather to it. Not as sudsy as what I'm used to but I can manage. I took a lippie away for the scent. It has a strong, earthy almost men's cologne like scent to it. Not that I'm trying to scare you away. Good thing is it doesn't really stick around so I can work around it. Shea Moisture is a bit expensive for a drug store brand. This shampoo was around $11 for 13 fl oz. However it is brand that is truly organic and sulfate free, which is very hard to find in a drugstore. I can actually prononuce the ingredients! What its made without:
No sulfates
No DEA
No Animal Testing

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca753

I tried this because the no 'poo thing did not work out for me, but I wanted to make my hair care routine much more natural.This is a great everyday shampoo, and it is truly sulfate free unlike more corporate sulfate free offerings like L'Oreal EverCreme. I love Evercreme, but it is not really sulfate free. Shea Moisture shampoo won't strip all the oil out of your hair so it will build up after a few days. I like to mix it up, using the Shea Moisture most days and using the L'Oreal every third or fourth day when the oil build up in my hair starts to bother me. This shampoo also smells great, is vegan, and not tested on animals. It is a little expensive for a drugstore brand, but when you consider that it is pretty much the only truly natural product you can get there it isn't so bad, and Walgreen's puts it on sale buy one get one 50% off pretty often, so I stock up then.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by starspex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the way this performs, softening and cleaning my hair without drying it out. I also like the organic list of ingredients, the rich lather and how a little goes a long way however I absolutely LOATHE the smell. Like others have mentioned it reeks of something similar to an old men's cologne- that's major a con for me. And the scent lingers even after washing it out. I've even added other essential oils like vanilla to the bottle but I still can mask the smell :/ for that reason I also brought the Curl & Shine shampoo which smells much nicer- like pina colada, stark contrast. I often use that as my final wash in an attempt to cancel out the smell of this. I'm not sure if I'd repurchase as this bottle will last me a long time anyway

One thing I don't like is how pricey Shea moisture stuff retails for in the UK and there's never any BOGOF or half price deals like in the US. Its sold at 12.99 which is dearer than in the US, I guess it being an American product means UK seller can hike up the price as its not always readily available. I've seen these SM products being sold for up to 29.99 on-line so be smart ladies, shop around and do your own price comparisons before buying so you don't get ripped off.