Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

4.1

Aqua (water), Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcohol Denat, Parfum (fragrance), Panthenol, Aluminium Hydroxide, Litchi Chinensis Pericarp Extract, Silica, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Pantolactone, Punica Granatum Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid [+/- May contain: CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77019 (mica), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI77891 (titanium dioxide)] 10BMT001-1]

on 3/5/2015 2:51:00 PM

Firstly I adore this foundation, if you have dry skin then this is the foundation for you! That is a bold statement but as someone who has bought and tried more foundations than I care to admit I think this far outstrips some of the higher end foundations I have tried. If you have oily skin I would steer clear of this but for those on the drier side it is perfection.

The consistency is gel like and reasonably thin. I think this applies best with a damp beauty blender but you could use a brush if you preferred. This is one of the few foundations that doesnt suck all of the moisture out of my skin and gives a nice finish.

The coverage is fairly sheer so you can achieve a nice natural look (you could possibly build this to almost medium with several layers). The only downside is its lasting power but in all honesty if you require a moisturising foundation I think you have to forgo longevity. With a primer and light powder this usually lasts up around 5-6 hours (ish).

on 3/5/2015 5:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Let me just start with saying that i almost never write reviews. I will do this only when I am very very impressed and with this foundation I can really say so.

I have very dry skin and I have tried several foundations until I found this one. My god, this thing is amazing. It makes my skin glow (not in a greasy way), lasts all day and actually feels comfortable on my skin. I am from Northern Europe and my skin is very fair, especially during winter and their colours 51 and 52 (I am mac NC15) suit me perfectly, even when I am not tanned. I have also very acne prone skin, which means most of the foundations make some spots appear here and there, but I had never any problems with this foundation It actually cleared my skin up! I am using this with the primer and set everything with healthy mix powder (which is also amazing!) I recommend this product highly. It is better than MOST high end foundations and it is not that expensive either. I live currently in Belgium and i got it with 13.99 Euros, which is cheap. Love the smell of this foundation as well, SO FRUITY!

I hope this will never ever get discontinued!!!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I was looking for something a little bit lighter in texture and coverage for the colder months and purchased this on a whim. No regrets! This stuff gives a light-medium coverage, but is definitely buildable. Upon initial application it looks like a second skin, really natural and polished. Once my oils peek through throughout the day, I'm left with a really nice and healthy lit-from-within glow. I tend to have an oily t-zone but with primer and powder, I'll only feel the need to blot at around the 5hr mark. For application I use a damp sponge (RT) and find that this achieves a more natural and dewy finish. Even when paired with a brush, this foundation applies smoothly and effortlessly without setting too quickly as you work it in. My new go to winter foundation!

on 3/1/2015 3:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Bought this after hearing fave reviews about the product, however it really did not suit me at all! I was unable to get any samples so took the plunge and got a full sized bottle, at a cost of £10.99 its the higher end of the drugstore price scale for foundation. I found that whilst the appearance of the foundation on your skin was good it didn't have any staying out and after using it for a couple of days I broke out. I would strongly advise you get a sample before purchasing!

I've used dior and clinique and many others but this is the BEST. Its light and feels as though your face hasn't got any foundation on but...wow, it makes skin look super radiant and I've got very sensitive skin with a slight pinky tone. I am using No 52 which is light enough for winter, spring and in early summer, I'll switch to a slightly warmer shade. An amazing product, made by the same company that make Chanel.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this foundation, I use 52 in the winter and 53 in the summer. I works really well for my dry skin - my skin usually sucks the moister out of foundations within a couple of hours, but with Healthy Mix Serum it doesn't happen. The only con is that it doesn't last for as long as it promises. I'd say 4-5 hours before you need a touch up. But great value and smells fantastic. When ever I run out, I buy a new one.

on 2/23/2015 9:45:00 PM

My go-to foundation for winter, for when my skin is dry. This caught my attention for its gel serum formula smells wonderful, coverage is light and very bendable i apply this with a beauty blender sponge, so if you need extra coverage you can use a concealer. this also reduces my problematic redness areas , around my nose and my cheeks. This can be purchased at Asos when its not out of stock. the bottle is very slim comes with a pump which is always a plus.

on 2/23/2015 11:49:00 AM

OMG! Where do I start! So I googled some swatches as I am an nc30 and the shade that repeatedly kept coming up was shade 53. I bought it however it looked slightly ashy. Anyway, the foundation is amazing! It gives a nice glowy finish without looking oily. Id say the coverage is light to medium however it is buildable. I have a few acne scars on my jaw and it doesn't cover them too well with just one layer of foundation. I have to say this is my favourite foundation by far! I have had Nars sheer glow which i didn't think was glowy at all! I absolutely love this foundation. I set it with Mac mineralize skin finish in medium plus and the finish is uhhhhhh amazing! It does not look cakey what so ever! I would highly recommend this product to everyone! Im not too sure how it would sit for extremely oily skin, which I used to have but thanks to roaccutane i no longer do! But seriously if you are looking for a foundation that is glowy and looks amazing then buy this one! If you want that extra flawless skin then top it of with Mac mineralize skin finish and you won't regret it!

on 2/21/2015 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Take note, Americans! Maybe you got sucked into the vortex of Youtube and heard nothing but raves about this product from the British bloggers (who are generally, a lovely, classy bunch). Maybe you then decided to buy this product on Amazon thinking "Sure, I'm paying way more than drugstore price for this British drugstore foundation, but it's BRITISH and therefore SPECIAL in the way that Downton Abbey and Annie Lennox and crumpets are special." And that would not only not only be wishful thinking, but also just incorrect.

I have dry skin and this foundation markets itself for dry skin. However, I find that, in order for this not to cling to flaky dry patches, my skin has to be absolutely perfect, meaning I have exfoliated and layered every moisturizing product I have -- serum, moisturizer, primer -- prior to applying this. And even then it's still hit or miss. I think if you have mostly combination skin or normal skin, this would be great (oily skin types might want to avoid). But if you have dry skin and think the Brits have found the cure, don't go out of your way. I would try any mousse-based foundation in your local CVS first.

on 2/20/2015 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I really love the scent! So nice and refreshing. As for the coverage, it is a medium coverage and doesn't feel heavy or cakey at all as you layer it on, which is great. However, on my oily skin this slides off pretty quickly and I will look greasy in a few hours, I am so sad :( I really want to love this foundation but yeah 3 lippies for this.