Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation

Aqua (water), Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Alcohol Denat, Parfum (fragrance), Panthenol, Aluminium Hydroxide, Litchi Chinensis Pericarp Extract, Silica, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Pantolactone, Punica Granatum Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid [+/- May contain: CI 77007 (ultramarines), CI 77019 (mica), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI77891 (titanium dioxide)] 10BMT001-1]

on 10/5/2015 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This foundation is more like a tinted moisturizer. Very light, will even out skin if it's not too bad, will not cover blemishes. Smells nice and feels nice and blends nice. On oily skin will only last a couple hours before going away. Will be a great choice if you have good skin to begin with and need something minimal.

on 10/5/2015 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

ABSOLUTE LOVE! Not only does this foundation provide a shade that actually matches my fair complexion, but it works so well with my skin type! No dry patch emphasis AT ALL. I will admit its not the longest lasting foundation on me (5/6 hours) but that's okay because if i want long lasting I'll just use a different foundation that tailors to that.

This one is great for everyday wear. It does have a bit of a funky smell, but I don't mind because its fruity. Overall great foundation and will continue to purchase as long as they're selling it!

on 10/5/2015 4:43:00 PM

I am not going back to any of my previous foundations and bb creams. This foundation is AMAZING. Hydrating and doesn't even feel like it's there! It blends beautifully onto my skin, making it appear like skin texture + my pores aren't emphasized what so ever. When I used my old foundations, I had to moisturize or exfoliate REALLY well to avoid having any dry patches and appearance of big pores.

on 9/30/2015 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation makes me happy. No, seriously. I finally found a color that matches my vampire-y pale skin so I don't look like someone took my head and put it on the wrong body. I've tried almost every drugstore foundation for pale skin you could think of and they all look too dark and/or orange-y on me. I guess it has to do with that mysterious thing called "skin undertone" (I could never figure it out). So yeah, I got 51 (Light Vanilla). Yes, I am that pale.
Like many reviewers already noted, this foundation gives a rather light coverage and I guess it wouldn't do a good job in masking bad cases of acne or serious skin imperfections. I haven't tried building it up because light coverage was exactly what I was going for, but I doubt it would make a big difference.
Enough about what it doesn't do. What it does is, it evens out your skin tone and gives you a very pleasant, healthy glow. I, personally, like to swipe a little powder over my T-zone as I have rather oily skin.
Also, the most important thing for me: it doesn't make me break out! At all! This must be the first time I use a foundation without it clogging my pores and making me break out at least a little.
Oh, and it has a very pleasant fruity smell. Love it.

on 9/14/2015 12:01:00 PM

its an okay foundation overall, light covrage, not lasting too long on the skin but its alright for when you need to slap some light coverage on your face instead of a bb cream for a few hours. not something id wear for work or a night out.

on 9/9/2015 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Neutral

Test will remove

on 8/18/2015 1:32:00 PM

Context - I'm a fair-medium (NC 20) with dry-normal skin.

I've been on the hunt for a foundation that dupes Gorgeous Cosmetics Sheer Brilliance foundation - it is literally MY SKIN in a bottle. Due to having relocated overseas I've been struggling to justify the cost of buying it, so I've been hoarding my bottles for very special ocassions. Ever since I've been searching for it's equivalent here in the UK.

I first bought Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel foundation shade 52 in 2012 and I hated it. The colour did not look right on me at all and I binned it after a couple of uses.

Since then I've been searching for the ultimate drug store/high street foundation to use for every day wear with no luck. Something always goes amiss whether it be texture or colour. After watching Lisa Eldrige's video tutorial for mature age skin I decided to give this a go again and I'm glad I did.

The first thing I did was swatch shades 52 and 53 on my wrist and work them into my skin and walked around for an hour. Shade 52 oxidised A LOT compared to 53 and even though it is lighter, it ended up going far more orange than 53 did. I also swatched my Gorgeous foundation next to it and 53 turned out to be almost identical to Bourjois colour.

On applying it feels a lot heavier than Gorgeous Sheer Brilliance, and I could feel it sitting on my skin. Healthy Mix Serum Gel only gives light coverage, in comparison to the Healthy Mix Foundation but it evened out my skin tone beautifully while allowing little freckles etc to peep through. It left my skin dewy without going cakey and my skin has a lovely "done" look without any of the powder. I can understand why this foundation will be a problem for oily skin types. I am quite dry and even I could feel the heaviness of the product on my skin. I set this foundation with Cornsilk translucent in Original Satin which compliments this foundation beautifully as my skin looks dewy several hours on.

The reason I am giving this product 4 out of 5 is that it has oxidised a little, though not much to be noticed and my chest is quite tanned so it blends in well. This might be an issue for some people.

While one reviewer below has complained about the price point (which is totally understandable) I purchased this for £10.99 in the UK, which is a far cry from it's Aussie equivalent. I can completely empathise, as one of the best things about moving to the UK is how considerably cheaper a lot of make up is.

Overall this foundation will be my new go to every day product. I don't really wear much foundation anyway but when I need a bit of a done up look or need a boost then I'll definitely be using this! I think this foundation is perfect for older skin types and those who need moisture boost and something to even out skin tone.

If you're looking for even dewy skin at a great price, then this is for you!

on 8/13/2015 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my favourite foundation I have ever tried. I have drier skin, and the serum forumla really sits nicely on my skin and I also find the colour match to be spot on (I have shade 52). I love the smell and the packaging also. I use this foundation when I want to look natural, but put together. I've worn this on nights out and I do find that the foundation lasts, so the wear time for me is usually from about 6pm to 3am, as I don't usually wear it during the day. The only con for me is the price. It's fairly expensive for a high street foundation, but I will definitely repurchase this. I already have plans to buy another bottle in a more winter shade for me. Love this foundation for dry skin!!

on 8/7/2015 6:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love this foundation and the regular one. For me, there is not really a difference between the two. Amazing smell, great coverage and nice shades. It blends in like a dream and the staying power is great. My skin is more on the dry side so I love the dewy effect this gives me. The price is on point but if you ask me the packaging looks cheap.

on 8/5/2015 9:05:00 PM

Summary: Excellent drugstore liquid foundation for those preferring sheer to medium coverage. Goes well with dry skin. Make sure to shade test first as this foundation comes in a limited range of shades and tints, which I consider the product's biggest downfall.

- Effective coverage and very buildable. I can either put this on quite sheer over my whole face, and then build up to a heavier coverage around my breakouts and tired eyes. Very natural looking dewy finish.

- The shade (also a con; see below). I purchased shade 0051
'Light Vanilla' (a light yellow sand colour) which gives me a healthy, dewy sun-kissed glow. The shade also does a good job of making my face (which is paler) match the shade on my body (which is darker due to sun exposure).

- Texture and smell. Like it says on the bottle, it has a very pleasant serum-like texture. I have dry skin which the foundation moisturises well. It has a very pleasant fruity smell (like apples); it makes me enjoy putting my foundation on.

- I personally found that the formula did not break me out. Everyone's skin is different, so if you are unsure about its comedogenicity, patch test first.

- The packaging. Comes in a very hygienic pump bottle. The red and white theme with the little fruit on the bottle is nice to look at too.

- Price point. A bottle set me back $32.00 AUD, which is quite pricey for a drugstore foundation.

- Limited range of shades and undertones. This product only comes in five shades ranging from very light sand to a warm, dark caramel colour. If you are very dark skinned (think coffee to dark chocolate) or very fair skinned (think sour cream) then you are out of luck.

As other reviewers have mentioned, this foundation is quite yellow/suited only for yellow undertones. While the shade I purchased gives me a healthy sun-kissed glow, it will turn you oompa-loompa orange if you have pink/cool undertones.

- May not suit oily skin. I'd imagine that the light serum texture would be appealing to those with oily skins, but other reviewers have mentioned that it doesn't last very long and quickly wears off oily skin, especially in the T-Zone.

Overall, a good drugstore foundation for those who can't really afford higher end foundations like the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk or Nars Sheer Glow. Best suited for skins that are somewhat fair to warm olive, and on the drier side. Personally speaking, this foundation is perfectly suited for my skin.