January 28, 2015 | 1162 users online

Makeup Brushes - Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman - Core Collection

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2015 2:50:00 AM More reviews by porsha99

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've recently bought a new set of the real techniques core collection set.They are so good and you can use them for almost everything to do with makeup,another good thing is that they don't shed hairs after washing them and they last so long aswell.As for the price they are inexpensive.The packaging is okay but the only thing i don't like about the real techniques is the carry case/brush holder they come in because personally i like to keep all my brushes together.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2015 8:49:00 PM More reviews by Caracara87

Beautiful brushes, great price! So far no shedding and easy to clean. Love them!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2015 3:01:00 AM More reviews by mimipls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

My favourite brush from this collection is the contour brush! It blends very well, better than a brush than another contour brush I own (similar to the Nars Ita brush). Doesn't make your contour look muddy and has very soft bristles.

The small foundation brush feels VERY synthetic and I'm not a big fan of it, quite stiff and I don't even use it.

The eye brush is nice for packing eye shadow on but nothing to rave about.

The buffing brush applies foundation quite smoothly but it's not a HG to me. It's good if you're going for a light to average coverage.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by freyahaseldine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

For the price of these brushes they are good value! So I thought I'd top up my brushes with this set and try them out. I do think they are trying to make this set look good by saying a "foundation brush" "concealer brush" are included! They have the brushes all wrong. The foundation brush is more like a concealer brush! The concealer brush is more like a lip brush! So I would suggest making your own mind up what they are used for. The hairs don't fall out much which is great. The brush bag is a nice little extra but still cheap and not really any good for anything! If your new to makeup then this is a good starter kit, if you have brushes already they are good extras or top ups. In all they just arnt big enough for what they should be used for. I suggest buying from Amazon as they are only £12 with free shipping! Be aware of fakes on eBay and if purchasing from Amazon make sure it states "sold and dispatched by Amazon" not 3rd party sellers.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2014 5:47:00 AM More reviews by MissFraser96

I only really use two, sometimes three of the brushes- the buffing brush, the contour brush and the detailed brush. The other says it's a foundation brush, in my opinion it's far too small and it would take forever for me to do a full face of foundation, but 3/4 isn't bad. I tried using it as a concealer brush, but it's not soft enough for the under eye area. But I love my buffing brush and detailer brush, so they make it all worth while!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2014 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Principesa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this set for $11 on Amazon. I use the buffing brush for mineral foundation and the contouring brush which is smaller and pointier for blush. I have tried the smallest brush for concealer but it doesn't work as well as patting with a finger. The foundation brush I have not used at all. What would be a better choice in this kit would be some type of eye liner brush. I apply powder blush first then buff on a sheer mineral foundation. I am very pleased with the finish and coverage. I actually forgot to put concealer on my trouble spots one day. The look is finished but not artificial or cakey. The carrying case is good for travel. I think for the price these brushes are very good. Sephora tried to sell me a $48 brush for a $34 powder which I think is outrageous for both products.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2014 1:42:00 PM More reviews by FDanish

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These brushes are so convenient! My favourite is the buffing brush which I use for foundation, as I find the actual foundation brush is quite streaky, I would prefer to use it for concealer! Overall, a lovely set :)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2014 7:09:00 AM More reviews by abbymitch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I reeeeaaaaally wanted to love these brushes. I've read so many good reviews on makeupalley and kind of decided before I'd tried them that they'd be the HG of brushes.

The main reason I bought the set was for the contour brush. The contour brush is the best of the bunch and is actually pretty decent. It picks up a decent amount of product and transfers the product well to my skin - hardly any is left on the brush afterwards which means you can use it with bronzer and then with highlighter right after. It's a decent size and the bristles are really soft. The only downside to this brush is that, as with all the other brushes in the set, the handle feels really cheap.

The pointed foundation brush is just a bit odd really. It's really small and really thin. I've been using it for a week and my foundation has been looking really crap - patchy looking skin with huge pores. I tried to convince myself I was just having a bad skin week but this morning I've gone back to using my no7 foundation brush and my skin looks so much better. The brush just isn't dense enough to really work the foundation in so it just kind of sits on top of your skin and because it's so small, your foundation ends up patchy. I've considered using it as a concealer brush but I still don't think it would be dense enough - you just can't apply any pressure with it. It also scratches my face.

I'm not entirely sure what to do with the buffing brush. The packaging says it can be used for applying mineral makeup but I've attempted to use it to blend my contouring. It does blend it but it removes a LOT of foundation from my face in the process - more ends up on the brush than on my skin. It could be ok for mineral make up but it doesn't seem quite as stiff as a kabuki brush so I'm not sure if it would work as well.

I haven't used the concealer brush as it's just too small - it's more lip brush sized.

The case the brushes come in is handy but looks and feels quite cheap.

In conclusion, I would recommend the contour brush but not the others. And at 20 for the set, you may as well just spend an extra few quid and buy a MAC brush!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 10:52:00 AM More reviews by mel0974

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this brush set! I always see Real Techniques on the boards so I bought it for contouring and foundation application. I use liquid foundation and apply with the foundation brush then once set I buff with the buffer brush. I contour as well. Bought from Ulta with a coupon! Cannot be beat for the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2014 4:37:00 PM More reviews by QueenofCats

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've needed some makeup brushes for a while now, but looking at the prices of the MAC, Sigma brushes there was no way I could have afforded them. This only cost me $27.50c NZD, a total bargain! These brushes are so easy to clean and dry. I also like that the brushes tell you what they are "for" on the handle, I like using the detailer brush for applying glitter over my eyeshadow. The foundation brush is great, it gives me even coverage and I use less foundation than I did before. The buffing brush works great for applying powder to my T-Zone which is where I find I get the most oily, this brush helps with my powder to get rid of that. I can't rave about this brush set enough, it's so awesome! Great price, great quality. Never had any shedding after cleaning either.