Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel - Bronzing Makeup Base

4.4

Cyclopentasiloxane,Dimethicone, Silica, Ozokerite, Methoxycinnamate, Dimethyl Silylate, Polymethylsilsequioxane, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Parfum, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbal Palmitate, Glyceryl, Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Oleate, Citric Acid, [ /- (May contain)CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77491, CI 77499 (Iron oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica]

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I can't go a day without bronzing my face with this product! I bought it a few months ago and I have barely made a dent in it - it lasts so long! And it smells AMAZING and fruity! I love it.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This product is amazing for the winter. I use it as a bronzer to contour my face. It looks so natural and really gives my face some life during the cold winder months. I normally use powder to contour but this makes me glow. I apply it with a dense dome shaped brush. The only bad thing about this product is the price but I feel like it will last a very long time.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Nope, this made my fine lines 10 times more visible. I really tried moisturising my skin all the way through. I tried blending it with all sorts of moisturising things. But whenever I took it of -my skin looked younger again. Im not gonna wear a makeup that makes my face look more dry and wrinkled- even if I payed a farmhouse for it.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I have been using this product since September 2015. Like another reviewer, I do use this as a base. I recently moved to a drier climate and changed up my makeup a bit. I have now gone back to this, as it does add such a nice glow. You can really tell the difference in the photographs. Another Chanel winner!

The most gorgeous bronzer I'd ever used in my life.
Unfortunately if gives me tiny red bumps :,(

Parting with this was one of the most difficult things if ever done (ok im definitely being dramatic BUT in the makeup world-- this was tough to quit).

The packaging is luxe and gorgeous. You get a full 1pz of product which is ginormous-- so this actually isn't even that costly bc it's about twice as much bronzer as other brands.

I love this so so much and think about repurchasing all the time. I wish so hard this didn't cause a rash for me

i have very light skin, and to find a bronzer and contour that doesn't appear too ashy or too orange is a miracle worker. I saw this in a girls makeup tutorial on YouTube, and I felt like I just had to buy it. I picked it up at Dillard's for $50, which I have to admit is pretty expensive, but you get what you pay for. I think the first thing I noticed was the smell. it smells so elegant and clean! like aloe and jasmine flowers and a little rose. the color pay off isn't that strong at first but it's very easily buildable which is so great for a bronzer and contour. this is the most natural bronzer I've ever seen!! it brings warmth to my face in such a beautiful way. it's sorts matte but it looks like it has some sprinkles in the container... the packaging is classic Chanel, and it comes with a lot of product. I've had mine for half a year and there's barely a dent in it, which TOTALLY makes up for the $50! the texture is cream to powder like. I've never seen such an amazing product. if you're on the fence about buying it, believe me, it's such a great splurge!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ah-mazing product! Perfect bronzed colour, great blendability and gorgeous packaging. It's quite pricey, but for the amount of product you get and need to use for each application it will last you a couple of years.
Overall, worth the splurge.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product. Don't really have much else to say...its amazing. It is very versatile and generally is one of my favourite makeup products. Considering it is Chanel, it is quite a good price..... Many other makeup products are equally, if not more expensive and are not the same high quality as this bronzer - so, happy to buy this for this price. It can be used as a bronzer (not as much for contouring because its quite warm toned), or a base -this is what I use it for.

It is a mousse, so for a natural look, you need to be careful to not apply too much product. An amazing tip I learnt from youtube is: you put a little bit of moisturiser (half a pea size) onto the actual bronzer (don't worry, initially I wasn't comfortable doing this - but it's fine), then swirl it around with your brush, and it just applies much easier onto the face. Because it is mixed with the moisturiser, it applies on a thinner layer, easier to blend it, and it looks very natural...Not that without the moisturiser it does't do this!! It just makes it a lot easier!

I bought this product a little over a week ago. I traditionally wear powder bronzers, so this was a new concept for me. Definitely on the pricier side($48) but you get a ton of product! I am an NC 25 and when I first started playing with this product it looked too dark and orangy . When I first applied it , I placed it on top of my foundation and powder, wow what a mistake! It looked streaky and awful no matter how much I blended it. I thought great, I'm going to have to return this stuff. Then I decided to first put on my primer and foundation, then place the product followed by my powder. I used a contour brush and applied to hollows of my cheeks and at my hair line. I will admit at first you look like a clown but then I dusted my powder foundation (I use like a setting powder) over my face with a big kabuki and it blends SO beautifully! I follow with my blush and it looks Amazing! I work very long days, my makeup is usually on for 14-15 hrs so I wondered how this would hold up. My skin is combination but can get pretty oily at times. I have to say this stuff holds up like a dream . When set with a powder, it is a beautiful matte finish that doesn't budge or move. It stays even and doesn't become splotchy. I have been using this every day for a little over a week, still loving it, and NO breakouts! I have also been using as a base for my eyeshadow to add a nice fall tone to my brown and taupes.

This is a bronzing base, not a proper bronzer, and I think it is the best choice for those who (like me) are not very skillful or trained at make-up and are searching for something natural-looking. I've bought numerous bronzers during the years that I hardly ever used, because I couldn't use them properly. They never looked good on me because I couldn't blend them in. I know I could have bought brushes and watched tutorials, but I don't want to put so much effort in make-up. This Chanel bronzing base is excellent for me, because I can use it with my fingers, and it blends in perfectly. My skin is quite fair, but I think even for me it would be very hard to overuse it and make a clowny look. I generally use it with Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in 22 (Beige Rose), and find this a great combination.

Popular Bronzers