December 20, 2014 | 1717 users online

Styling Products - Got 2 Be - POWDER'ful Volumizing Styling Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2014 12:53:00 PM More reviews by AmericanHoney08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After having some major issues with hair fall and damage, my normally super thick hair has thinned dramatically. I wanted something that would at least give me the look of voluminous hair while I go through the ever so slow process of growing my hair back. I tried root sprays,Volumizing shampoos, mousse and even Velcro rollers. Nothing helped and most of the products would break my skin out, the sprays made my hair oily, the shampoo made it frizzy and the rollers did very little and didn't last... then I found this itty bitty little rescue in a bottle (:
I was unsure at first but I figured if anything it would work like a dry shampoo if it didn't work for volume. I have to say, I am totally surprised with this product.. I tried the hand application first and it added a little volume but it seemed to leave most of the product behind on my hands so the next day I curled my freshly washed hair and sprinkled it under small sections and along my part and then tossed it around with my hands and that was it! Though it doesn't make your hair FEEL any thicker it defiantly helps it look fuller. I've read a number of reviews on a lot of sites that complain about it making their hair feel gross, I personally think it doesn't feel any different than if you were to use any kind of hairspray(and up until now I didn't use much styling products). The key is to sprinkle very very lightly, you can always keep adding till you reach the look you want. Using too much at once would without a doubt cause sticky issues. I think the bottle itself could be a little more controllable, it's hard to know how much I'm applying to the back of my head or if I apply it with my head upside down.. but as for the product so far, if I apply it and it starts to look flat latter, I just give my hair a shake and run my hand through it.. no need to add extra product.I haven't slept on it and tried to style the next day yet, I will have to update this review when I do. If you are on the fence I Hope my review helped. It's definitely worth a try.

Update:
I went two days without washing/wetting my hair and even added more powder the second morning and it did great, added volume and helped with oily second day hair.. I also didn't feel I needed to use dry shampoo like I normally do. By the third morning I did start noticing a little build up, just a slight dandruff appearance, I knew it was there so I washed it out and started over but if I needed to I could have went another day without anyone else noticing. I would change my review to five lipsticks for how great the product is, but I still think the bottle could use some improving.. so keeping it at four.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

My first foray into Styling Powders.....this gives me hella volume & big hair! If that's not your intention for your own hair then skip this product. OTOH, I love big hair, love my curls & this product was very useful in creating a big hair look. This product would work on curly/wavy hair better than straight hair (when I flat iron my hair I don't want it to be huge; that wouldn't be a good look on me!). I use it on dirty hair to try and revive it somewhat when it's fallen flat by applying it to the palms of my hands then adding it to the front & sides of my head. Then I blast my hair w a blow dryer. The price was what attracted me to this product, other brands' versions like Batiste & Big Sexy Hair were, respectively, double & triple the price tag & I think of Got2Be products as a cheaper alternative ("dupe") for the TIGI brand of hair products. The bottle feels weird in ur hands coz it's so light! But it's a generous supply of product in there no worries!! I bought Batiste now which I like it better, but that's because I am always looking for the next latest greatest product that will change my life. I am incredibly fickle when it comes to products, I am ashamed to admit how unloyal I am! This is a good product, the reasons listed above are the only reason I prob won't repurchase, it's not the product fault. TBH try these powders, they are life changing if you like teased big sex kitten poufy hair.......Totally glam!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2014 5:08:00 PM More reviews by KelliaC

I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised with this product. I can never achieve any kind of volume on my hair, no matter what I do. I blowdry my hair and to eliminate the frizz, I need to use a lot of products which weigh down my hair. By the time I'm done blowdrying, my hair is flat as a pancake on the top. After I used this product, I truly had volume! The key is to use a TINY amount, like a nickel size, otherwise, it will create a paste like texture in your hair. I ended up sprinkling a tiny amount on each finger (total of nickel size all fingers combined) and rubbed my fingers together, and then rubbed the product into my roots with each finger. Oh my gosh, volume galore! This really does work. Those who say that it's sticky, you're using too much. The price is awesome and I will be using this quite often. This is a hidden gem!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2014 10:20:00 AM More reviews by beautykrazy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is FAB. If you need volume, backcomb/tease, use dry shampoo for volume then run to get this. It's super-cheap and really great. A fine powder comes in a little sat * pepper shaker style container that you sprinkle or dust into the roots of your hair. It kind of binds to the hair and gives you instant thickness and lift at the roots. Marvellous, and it really works. I heard that it was a celebrity I admires' must-have hair product so I bought some for about 3. My only reserve is I think a spray or pump action dispenser would be better. When I'm trying to reach the back I can't always judge how much I'm putting in. When you do put too much in it can get a bit gunky. So glad to have it in my arsenal, esp as it's so inexpensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 11:15:00 PM More reviews by laursawy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff works great in my hair: colour-treated and dry at the ends, oily at the roots, usually wear it naturally wavy or straighten it into submission. This powder is fantastic for volume and lift. Its mattifying and kinda gives it a sexy slept in vibe. I only wish it would last longer. I sprinkle it in my hand and rub it through the part that need some volume. Its very tacky, and you definitely wanna wash your hands after use

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 6:23:00 PM More reviews by beckyloo123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the only product I've found so far that ACTUALLY gets some volume in my hair! I love it!! Definitely only for the roots though because it does leave them feeling a little rough/sticky. But you wouldn't be able to tell by looking. This texture is necessary to give roots that "full" look. It lasts all day for me which I love since I don't like to so

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2014 8:49:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

PROS

- no blow drying needed

CONS

- volume in temporary
- hair feels sticky

COMMENTS: Well, I like that you don't have to use a blow dryer like most root lifters. This will give amazing volume, but it doesn't last long at all. It also gives the hair a very sticky, gross texture. I got this to avoid teasing my hair, but it's the only way to really make the volume last with this. Unfortunately, teasing mixed with the texture this stuff leaves...your hair will be a huge mess.

Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 4:02:00 PM More reviews by shi1

This is a fun little styling product for those of us who need a little help with volume. For reference, I have straight, flat, relatively thin asian hair.

There are two ways to use this: 1) sprinkle it directly into your hair/roots, or 2), rub some of the product between the palms of your hands til the product goes clear, and then apply to your roots/hair. It is tacky so it will make your hair kind of stick to itself to create that volume. If you rub it in roughly, you will get ratty/messy looking hair (especially with method 1). You tend to apply less product using method 2 so I find it generally gives a less "crazy" result. It can feel dry and gritty, but that's how it works to give you volume. Its a good alternative to back combing.

This is not HG for me, but it is definitely fun to work with and can come in handy. It does give instant volume, but it doesn't really stay. To refresh my style during the day I just have to use my fingers to fluff it up. Its really best for a more messy look. If you want a smooth but volumized look that lasts all day, I suggest using a volumizing product and blow drying the volume in instead. If that doesn't do the trick, add a little bit of this for extra oomph.

This retails between 5 and 9$ so its pretty inexpensive if you look out for deals, and you only use a little at a time.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2013 2:56:00 PM More reviews by laurencampbell81

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product did nothing for me apart from make my hair feel dry and disgusting.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2013 11:33:00 AM More reviews by laureg

Oh yeah, this stuff works! Last week was the first time that I've ever heard of these styling powders (was I living under a rock?). I tried it on freshly washed and dried hair (no other styling products used), and it was like a miracle. I've never had volume like this, nevermind volume that actually lasts! I have loads of long, straight and very fine hair that is so slippery it doesn't hold curl. I can use a ton of volumizer, any brand, and my hair takes all of half an hour after styling to fall flat,and you'd never guess there's any product in it. I dusted some of this in at the roots, massaged it in, and wow! Volume that lasts till you wash it out. A slight drawback is that this stuff does make your hair feel a bit grungy where it's applied and if you play with your roots too much your hair can look snarled and tangled, so just keep the top layer of your hair smooth and you'll be fine. I also have to shampoo my hair twice, and very thoroughly, to get all this stuff out, but it's a small price to pay for finally finding a volumizing product that works. I'll be repurchasing this again and again.