April 19, 2014 | 1898 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Trader Joe's - Spa 100% Pure Jojoba Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 1:11:00 AM More reviews by sparklepop

This is everything I dreamed it would be and more!

I think jojoba oil was made for skin like mine. I have combination skin that tends toward the dry side in the cheeks and gets just barely oily in the T-zone. I don't break out very often, but when I do it's always hormonal breakouts in the T-zone.

I bought this jojoba oil from Trader Joe's and added it to my normal routine as a moisturizer. I wash with Cetaphil gentle cleanser and exfoliate lightly with a microfiber cloth, then pat a few drops of jojoba oil into my skin. It soaks right in within a minute or two.

After about a week of use, my skin has NEVER looked so good. It's glowing, radiant, supple, and smooth, with even texture and tone. The jojoba oil has balanced out my combination skin and the PMS breakout I had has healed up in record time.

After seeing what it did for my skin, I decided to try it in my hair. I have thick, coarse, unruly, curly/wavy hair (think Lorde). I have read all the raves for coconut oil for hair like mine and tried it in various ways (as a deep conditioning treatment, as a leave in) with little to no success. Although my hair is so dry and porous that it can soak up nearly anything without looking greasy, coconut oil inevitably turns it into an oil slick, and doesn't leave it feeling soft - just oily and limp. By contrast, jojoba oil soaks right in and moisturizes my hair without weighing it down.

I have tried jojoba oil in a couple different ways for my hair. I have used it to give myself a scalp massage, pre-shampoo, which works great and seems to condition my flaky scalp. Today I added a couple tiny drops to my leave-in treatment, and my hair has been SO silky and soft I couldn't stop touching it. This is *unheard of* for my coarse hair!

I can really see why people make a big deal about jojoba oil imitating your body's natural oils. It sinks right into my skin, unlike all of the lotions and creams I have tried. My hair tends to feel softest when it has some natural oils in it (I achieve this by using sulfate-free shampoo and/or co-washing) and just a couple of drops of jojoba oil in my hair seems to give it that same softness.

I look forward to seeing how it works as a moisturizer for my scaly elbows and heels. I suspect it will be great.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this, especially if you have hair or skin that is similar to mine. If you have sensitive skin, I would proceed with caution.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by piratecris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The best jojoba at the best price. I use it for everything - hair moisturizing, nighttime facial moisturizer, scar treatment, makeup removal, as a part of body butter recipes, aftershave, cuticle oil, etc. A little definitely goes a long way. Have purchased multiple times and will happily keep doing so. My only complaint is that the packaging gets messy and WILL spill in this container while traveling. To remedy this, I just dispense it in a dropper bottle and go on my merry way. Absolutely one of my staples!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 8:35:00 PM More reviews by WynterOlly

I love this! I use daily. Apply a few drops to a DAMP cotton pad to remove all my makeup. I wear concealer, powder, (sometimes) blush, brow powder, TONS of mascara, and lip balm, nude lipstick and lip gloss. This oil removes it all quickly and cleanly, without irritating my sensitive clog-prone skin and easily redenned eyes. Love.

UPDATE; been using this for two months, still in love. Helps clear up my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2013 12:20:00 AM More reviews by AyoC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Definitely would re- purchase. I use this at nights sometimes mixed with my face moisturizer as my night treatment. I also make a hot oil treatment with it, coconut oil and Jamaican castor oil for my tresses. It's an amazing light oil to use all around. The closets to our skin and hairs natural sebum. Great to reinforce!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 7:56:00 PM More reviews by TeeCeeGee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I heard it was good for your hair, but it just sat for a long time and I never really used it. A couple months ago, I started using it to remove my eye makeup and it works out pretty well. But just recently, my hair has gotten really coarse, especially the ends of my hair. So I started using a deep conditioner on the ends of my hair after my regular conditioner, and this Jojoba oil after my shower. I apply it to my towel dried hair, on the ends and work it through. At first, there wasn't much of a difference but it's been a couple weeks now, and I'm started to see more of a result. Now, the ends of my hair are a lot less coarse. They still don't feel "great", but this has made a difference for sure. I will continue using this and hope that my hair feels better and better.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 2:04:00 PM More reviews by Nadzik88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok so I just started using this product yesterday. After exfoliating and cleansing my face I applied a few drops to the tips of my fingers, rubbed them together to spread it a bit, and patted the oil onto my face. It wasn't greasy at all. My skin absorbed it immediately. So far so good I woke up with super soft skin. I will update in a few weeks to notify any of any changes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

cant use it on my face because jojoba oil breaks me out but i love love love it as an eye makeup remover. i apply this smear it around and remove with a sensitive unscented baby wipe. love.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 7:39:00 PM More reviews by dianelarsenemail

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Miracle product that is so affordable! Everyone woman should own this!

what i like about jojoba oil
very gentle on skin
can be used as a moisturizer
can be used a makeup remover
refines pores
keeps skin hydrated
adds a vibrant glow and shine to skin
mild smell
inexpensive
has improved my acne and redness in skin
oh and did i mention it was inexpensive???

i love using this after giving myself a facial. It rehydrates my skin and gives back added moisture. Makes my skin smooth and vibrant!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2013 3:35:00 PM More reviews by taurusdragonfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Great for removing makeup and leaves my skin glowing! I think it will be too heavy for me to use on my face in the summer, but I loved it in the winter for my combination skin. A little goes a long way and it manages to break down and remove my makeup including eye makeup without bothering my sensitive eyes or clogging my pores. Makeup remover wipes are more convenient, but I recommend Jojoba oil with flat cotton pads instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2013 1:24:00 AM More reviews by loveover0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love using this as a moisturizer for my horribly oily, acne prone skin. It doesn't break me out, or leave a film on my skin like most moisturizers do. After I wash my face, I quickly pat my face dry and then massage a 2-3 drops onto damp skin. A few minutes later my skin is smooth and supple, but not greasy. I sometimes a few drops before cleansing to break up any heavy foundation on my face. It removes my eyeliner like a dream too! Overall, I'm in love!