Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Blush Brush

4.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a really useful brush. I use it for multiple things. I probably use it most with Becca Moonstone highlighter to highlight top points of cheeks and my cupids bow. It does an amazing job with that. It is OK as a blush brush, not my favorite to use for it though. I have other brushes that work better and less awkward shaped. It is also nice to set my under eye concealer. Not to fond of setting my whole face with this brush. I feel it deposits to much in one concentrated area and makes my face powdery. Hence the reason it works great under the eye. Great brush to have on hand. Also blends out harsh contour lines but doesn't create an actual good contour line, at least IME.

This brush is a perfect multipurpose brush. It can be used for both blush and highlighter. It is lovely and soft and washes well. Would definitely recommend this brush

Despite my major disappointment with the Expert Face brush, the blush brush is actually very soft and AWESOME! It's great for highlighter and well, blushes obviously. It blends beautifully and definitely worth the price :)

I love this brush for contour and blush. Its almost like a big blending brush for your contour and really helps to make it look blended. Harsh contours are just a big no.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think this brush is too flimsy to really pick up any blush or highlight. I feel like I have to keep going back and picking up more, which I guess would be great for someone that really wants the minimal. However I love this for blending put my powder that I used to bake with.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I own a lot of high end brushes from brands like Hakuhodo and Chikuhodo, but Real Techniques is my favourite brand for synthetic brushes. They're cheap but very high quality; I prefer RT over MAC and Bobbi Brown any day. The construction of the handle is sturdy and aesthetically pleasing. The synthetic filers definitely do not feel like real hair but they are very soft and serves a different purpose.

As others have stated before me, this brush is pretty big, especially for a blush brush. I don't have a small face by any means at all, but I find this way too big for blush application. I repurposed it as a setting powder brush instead of throwing it away, actually.

Just to go a bit into brush fiber anatomy, synthetics don't pick up powder as well as animal hair because they're not porous and they don't have a cuticle. This could be both good or bad as preference is highly individual, but my dry skin really appreciates using synthetics for powder because they don't pick up as much product, therefore it avoids any sort of cakeyness.

The shape of the brush is one of my favourite brush shapes ever, because it is so versatile. Tapered brushes with round ferrules can be used to contour, highlight, powder, apply blush, etc. In the case of this particular brush, it perfectly fits into the nooks and crannies of my face while covering a big general area. Not to mention, it looks super cute like the tail of a bunny.

I highly recommend this brush. If you, like me, find this brush way too big for blush, please give it a second chance and repurpose it. It is a wonderful brush for powder and you don't necessarily have to stick to the label.

This is my favorite brush for my powder blushes. I love how big it is because it can evenly apply blush on the apples of my cheeks. It's dome shape allows to pick up the blush powder from my palettes with ease. This is a must have for all the ladies like me who just love blushes.

Although this brushes seems really soft when i used them on my face as i have really sensitive skin my face was in pain.

Overall I love this brush. I have the body shop's blush brush but i'd say RT's applies so much smoother. I got it at a discounted price too.

really like this brush, it's super soft and great for blush or you could use it for all over powder, would buy again!

Popular Makeup Brushes