Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Blush Brush

4.3

on 6/30/2015 1:17:00 AM

Personally, do not like using this as a blush brush (as it is marketed as), but I use this as a bronzer brush and LOVE IT!! I also will use this as an all-over face powder brush. Cleans up/washes up easily and nicely, dries easily and the bristles do not get all out of whack as it dries (all I do is lay it flat on a clean towel to dry). I have not seen any shedding with this at all, and it even wipes off quickly if I am in a jiff and just use a tissue, say when I want to use this for a bronzer and then an all-over face powder. It is also soft on my face, and my face can be very sensitive to, well, everything!

Very pleased. I am not one to buy a "backup" unless something is my Holy Grail and/or I fear the product might be discontinued, but I definitely see me getting another backup of this, just in case! Would not recommend as a blush brush, as in my experience it disperses product too unpredictably imho for that, but for a bronzer brush or all-over face brush, it is awesome!

on 6/29/2015 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I am heavy handed with blush, so it was nice knowing this brush's "bubbly tip" stopped me from being AS heavy handed. It blends my blush (matte powder) very well. I'm giving it 5 lippies. It's a great brush.

on 6/20/2015 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I was prepared for disappointment, as a lot of people say they find this too big for blush, but I was pleasantly surprised. I only use loose mineral powder blush, and for that this brush works great. I swirl the tip of the brush in a small amount of blush, do a couple of sweeps with minimal pressure, holding the brush perpendicular to my cheek with only the tip touching, and then a few with some more pressure to add the right the amount of color and blend. The very tip of the brush is actually not that big, and I find I have all the necessary control. I don't have a big face and I definitely like to be careful with blush. I have had no problems with getting the result I want with this brush. The overall quality is good, too, no shedding or changing of shape after washes.

on 5/23/2015 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Love this blush brush! I'm a fan of all their brushes actually ^.^ I also have the stippling brush, powder brush and the eye makeup starter set. This blush brush is so soft but packs a perfect amount of blush. Exactly the right size, and the way it's cut is also excellent. Price is fine, not too steep, and they do last a long time.

on 5/22/2015 12:21:00 PM

This is the fluffiest and softest brush I ever owned. Was a little apprehensive at first as the brush seems too large and I couldn't grasp the right method to apply my blush. After getting it right, it was amazing! I dap the brush on the blush powder and dap it onto my cheeks instead of swiping/swishing it.

on 5/7/2015 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The texture of this brush is the softest and smoothest I have ever felt in my life!! Like I like it so much that at one point I even contemplated buying another one for no particular reason.

I have stopped using this brush however since I think it doesn't pick up enough product in my opinion. I've tried it with setting powder, bronzer and blush and I just don't like it except for how soft the bristles are.

on 5/6/2015 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

this brush has its time and place. i really only find it useful when applying a really brightly colored blush, because it applies product very, very lightly. i've also used it for powder highlight when i want a subtle but not targeted effect. this brush is a little large so you wont really get precise application, and it cannot pick up a lot of product at once and that can make it really frustrating to use. if you want a light wash of color, this brush is for you. but it is not dense enough to apply more than that.

on 5/3/2015 3:29:00 PM

I bought this brush as it's so chubby and cute. I had reservations over the large size as my face is not big and my cheekbones quite pointy. However, I like how it applies blush. It's more a wash of colour than defined placement but I want that effect sometimes. It blends as it applies.
It's not the same effect as using a smaller brush repeatedly. That's too much color for me!
You could also use it for bronzer.
It's not scratchy. Texture wise, more like velour than silk.
edit: one star deducted as it only works with certain blushes. With shimmery blush it seems to pick up too much shimmer, with pale blushes it takes too long to build up colour. I find it best for brownish blushes that I couldn't wear before. The sheer application allows my natural redness to show through so it's more flattering.

on 4/30/2015 8:07:00 AM

Real cheap but quality wise is awesome.
Had low expectations but was impressed.
It applies the blush quite lightly (which is how i like it!)
I hope that once I was it it will stay this way.

on 4/29/2015 6:00:00 PM

I had really high hopes for this brush. One of the girls I watch on YouTube showed hers and it looked really big and fluffy and perfect for blush. I ordered one from ULTA.com and it is much smaller and less fluffy than the one she had. I don't find that it is very good at applying blending out blushes. It just kind of leaves a thick stripe of pigment on the cheek. I prefer to use my e.l.f. complexion brush to apply my blush. I paid about $10 dollars for this Real Techniques brush and I would not buy it again.

Popular Makeup Brushes