July 28, 2014 | 2048 users online

Moisturizers - BeneFit Cosmetics - b right triple performing facial emulsion

rated 2 of 5 on 5/29/2014 1:27:00 PM More reviews by horangi113

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Got a sample of this in a skincare trial kit. Beautiful packaging, nice color and fragrance, feels nice on the skin though greasy at first, it sinks in quickly and provides a good base for makeup, but so many things I hate about it, including the cute but highly impractical packaging, and strangely enough, the horrible taste.

I started using this lotion not long after I got a dog. We were spraying certain items with a liquid to discourage chewing and I thought that I had gotten some on my hands and accidentally transferred it to my mouth. Not so. After we stopped using the spray, I was still tasting this awful bitterness on my lips every time I used this lotion. Even after wiping my mouth, I still get traces of the taste. Additionally, I find the SPF 15 to be a little laughable. Add the hefty price tag on top of all this... guaranteed I will never buy this item again, in full size or otherwise.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2014 3:59:00 AM More reviews by halfnakedlife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product! This moisturizer is very light for my oily face and doesn't break me out. I also love the subtle smell of cucumber i think...it's so fresh. I own this in travel size and will definitely buy the full one soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Plooosh

I have a tester of this product from Boots and I absolutely love it! I really want the full sized bottle but the price is ridiculous. I am a student and forking out 20.50 GBP on one 50ml bottle of watery but divinely smelling moisturiser is unrealistic. It makes my skin feel lovely and sinks in after about 5 minutes and does not break me out; it is a little oily (even without oil) but it soon sinks in. I wear it under my foundation and it has SPF in it!

It's amazing; the price isn't.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2013 9:41:00 AM More reviews by coralanne22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I first got this product as part of a priming kit, can't remember what it was called but it included a small bottle of this, some Porefessional primer and something else, and i loved it and had to purchase a full size bottle. I am always a bit dubious at using moisturiser on my face as i have combination skin so it can make me look very greasy, however this being oil free made me feel a little better, and it doesn't make my face look oily when combined with my foundation.
I find that when i put this on in the mornings, it looks very greasy at first, but give it five minutes to sink in, go do your hair or something else, and it's fine. It really smooths out my complexion and gives it a bit of life. I find that having oily skin i don't like to use highlighting primers/moisturisers, so this is a great alternative to that, with what i feel is a similar result.
I use this as a primer, so put my foundation straight on top of it, and i can definitely say i can massively tell the difference when i don't use it. My makeup doesn't look as 'smooth' or 'flawless' and definitely does not last anywhere near as long as it does with this moisturiser on underneath.
I use a matte full coverage foundation, Boots No7 Stay Matte, and i find that this is the perfect combination for me. I feel that the moisturiser definitely stops my face looking what i like to call 2D when i use a matte primer and matte foundation, so i kind of get that dewy glow, without actually being dewy if that makes sense.
I also tried this foudnation with a slightly more dewy foundation to see how it compared, i used L'Oreal True Match, and i would say that it did go a bit too dewy for me after about two hours of wear, damn you combination skin!! But when i touched it up with some powder and used my blotting sheets it was easily corrected. However i would say that this foundation did not last anywhere near as long as the Matte foundation did. I sometimes use makeup forever Mat Velvet foundation with it and this weighed up almost as good as it did with my No7 one!
I get about 7 hours wear, maybe 8 with my makeuo when i use this moisturiser to prime, and if i don't i have to touch up usually after about 3 hours, so it definitely makes my makeup last a lot longer!
If you have good skin then i would definitely say you could apply this moisturiser alone to even out your complexion and would be good to go, On better skin days if i'm not doing too much i will do just that, and a little bit of under eye brightener and i think this looks fine :)
LOVE the packaging for this, standard benefit though really lets be honest! And i would say that a 50ml bottle has lasted me so far since May and i am still not even half way through it. Personally i'm not one to scrimp on makeup and facial care as i think it's very important to use good quality products on your face, after all it's the only one you'll get and come on... you're putting this product on your face, if you're only paying £4.00 for it then it can't be full of good stuff can it? So i would say for the amount of use i have got out of it makes it fantastic value for money. I've used it pretty much every day for the last 8 months, so at £20.50 a bottle thats not even 10ps worth a day because a little goes a long way with this!! I say that's brilliant value for money!
The one complaint i do have, which isn't enough to stop me using it every day, is that the smell, which is gorgeous by the way, does mean it has a slight taste to it. Like if i put it on, then lick my lips i can taste it, and it's not an unpleasant taste it's just a bit like tasting perfume? And my boyfriend has also said that when he kisses me he can sometimes taste it haha. Didn't notice many people mentioning that so maybe i'm just being picky, but if it wasn't scented it would be 100% perfect as opposed to 95% ha!
Definitely recommend this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2013 8:26:00 AM More reviews by lilokikune

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

HELL. NO.

Break outs and oil everywhere.

Plus what is up with the bottle packaging? How can I even get the last of it out?

Just no.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Dolly444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This moisturiser is beautiful. There's no doubt that you can tell a difference between this and a cheaper drugstore brand. It was actually a Christmas present in my stocking 2 years ago, because at £20, I can't justify spending that much on skincare!

Because of the price and that fact that there isn't that much product in the bottle, I had to ration myself to a couple of pumps a day to keep my face moisturised before I applied my make up. I could definitely feel a difference, my face was glowing and looked radiant before even starting the foundation routine! It smells divine too.

I also noticed on the days I used Triple Performing, my face stayed matte for much longer than if I used a cheaper brand of moisturiser, which is a big plus for me as I spend long days at uni and don't have time to worry about shiny nose! It was great to know that the moisturiser kept my skin hydrated but not greasy.

Great product Benefit :) I'd say it's overpriced, but I really loved it; so who knows, maybe next Christmas there might be another in my stocking :D

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by thsses

Really love that it's oil-free. It wasn't greasy after i've applied and absorbs fast. Doesn't dry up my skin. I'm so in love with this but It's kind of overpriced.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2013 8:03:00 AM More reviews by nuggetdevourer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like that it has sunscreen and is very fast absorbing so I can apply makeup almost immediately afterwards but you can get better spf moisturisers at a lower price. Honestly, benefit's skincare products are really overpriced for how basic they are. I'm a fan of their make up but their skincare needs some work.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2013 12:13:00 AM More reviews by SiSantita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The bottle is cute! It does not work good alone for my skin... I use it after I place my Mac oil control lotion this product without it makes my skin really oily wet looking!!! But if I use my Mac first let it set then this let it set then apply foundation it's good for me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2013 9:27:00 PM More reviews by s70princess

I originally received a sample of this with a Sephora online order and after trying the sample, it worked so well for me that I went to pick-up a full sized bottle. Sephora.com won't ship this to Canada, so I had to wait until I could find it in a store here in Canada. NOTE: Finally when I found it in Canada, the label is slightly different (they put a sticker label over the original label and don't advertise the SPF 15 due to some sort of regulations, I believe Benefit has to pay more for a license to advertise SPF in Canada or something like that, but regardless, I know it is the same product because the exact same ingredients). I have combo skin leaning towards the oily side that is also acne-prone, and I have a hard time finding a moisturizer that meshes well with my skin. A moisturizer that is too heavy and my face feels greasy and greases up quickly, a moisturizer that is not hydrating enough causes my skin to grease up like crazy as well. I had been using Philosophy Hope in a Jar (a tad too heavy, leaves a greasy film on my face) and La Mer Gel Creme (also leaves a bit of a film on my face), and I much prefer this Benefit one over both of them (it is also cheaper too at CDN$36 a bottle). This Benefit facial emulsion really seems to provide just the right amount of moisture for my combo skin -- it has a great lightweight texture that absorbs quickly, leaves my skin feeling supple, it is oil-free, contains SPF 15, and it dries to a matte yet luminous finish (no tacky or filmy feel left behind). I use this before primer and I find it really helps keep my skin more balanced through the day. This has a light perfumey fragrance which I am not crazy about, but at least it is not floral and tolerable for me. I am also not a fan of the glass pump bottle (it is heavy, and I am always paranoid this will slip out of my hands by accident one day and smash into bits on the floor!). But packaging and fragrance aside, everything else about this product is spot on for me so huge rave from me for this moisturizing lotion -- I'd say this is a must try for combo or oilier gals!