November 26, 2014 | 1006 users online

Concealers - Bobbi Brown - Creamy Concealer Kit (Reformulated & New packaging 2011)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Janaecious

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG product for me. Started with the old school packaging (loose powder at the bottom in a round pot duo) in Honey. I use it for pimples, blemishes and a touch under my eyes. Love it. Definitely a staple for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Hoyman

I love Bobbi Brown concealer. This concealer is creamy and blend so easy and not sticky. I have pretty bad dark circle. I used eye cream BB corrector and this concealer kit my color is Warm Beige great coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2014 5:35:00 AM More reviews by Lobbery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pros: good packaging, good colours. Cons: no lasting power, concealer part cakes and gets stuck in lines, powder too heavy for under eyes and causes caking. Also, the powder accentuates dryness.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2014 2:09:00 PM More reviews by beetrootcheeks

This concealer has a tacky texture that is difficult to apply without tugging. It makes the lines under my eyes more prominent, an effect augmented by layering with the powder included or Bobbi Brown's corrector. The compact packaging with mirror suggests this is something to carry with you for touching up, yet it isn't very hygienic to use without two brushes for the respective products. My MUFE full cover concealer (a squeeze tube) and YSL Touche Eclat pen both do more to cover my under eye circles.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2014 1:54:00 PM More reviews by babysinclair24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

At the time of purchase I did not have a decent concealing product in my makeup kit for the purpose of covering dark circles. I had been using the Laura Mercier Undercover Pot for a year and a half before I broke the package (my bad). I tried to save it by wrapping the top with a plastic sandwich baggie but it got gross. I finally tossed it when I got LASIK a few months later and was advised to replace all eye makeup. I tided myself over with an old Physicians Formula concealer I had lying around until I bought this product at the Bobbi Brown counter at Lord & Taylor when shopping for makeup for my wedding. I took the bridal makeup lessons at the counter and absolutely loved the overall effect of all of the complexion makeup. Not wanting to mess with the combination, I bought all of the face products the makeup artist used on me. It was a huge splurge in the name of my wedding day.

I bought the Corrector to be used with the Creamy Concealer Kit, which includes both concealer and setting powder. No doubt, this is an expensive combination. Together, the two products cost $57 - way more than I would spend under normal circumstances. To put this in perspective, the Undercover Pot is all three products in one package and rings in at $34.

The packaging is chic and minimalist like the other Bobbi Brown products. It's a mini compact that fits well in my makeup bag. However, what I don't like about it is that it is in a separate container from the Corrector. For the sake of convenience, I would prefer having all three products in the same place, like the Undercover Pot.

I apply the corrector first, to fix the discoloration under my eyes, let it set, and then apply the concealer, and finally the powder. The concealer has a dry, stiff consistency that is actually easy enough to apply. The powder is a transluscent pressed powder. The combination does hide my dark circles effectively, but up close you can definitely tell I am wearing something. It cakes up and settles into lines I didn't even realize I had.

I have a neutral-to-warm olive complexion that would be considered "medium" in the summer and "light" to "medium" in the winter. I believe the shade I use is called "Warm Beige." However, I would make sure you have a competent makeup artist match you perfectly before buying. That's what I did.

While the corrector is a decent product, I do not care for the results I get from the system as a whole and I am pretty sure the concealer formula is to blame. In contrast, the Laura Mercier concealing products are not only less expensive but they also deliver flawless results. I don't look like I am wearing any makeup at all with the Laura Mercier products, even up close.

I would not purchase this again. I am going back to the Laura Mercier Undercover Pot when I can spare the money. I doubt I'll have the patience to finish the Bobbi Brown concealing products, which is a bummer since I spent so much money on it. I'm giving this product a 2 because while it does cover up my dark circles effectively, there is no excuse for such a glaring issue with the formula at this price point.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2014 12:12:00 AM More reviews by kamillia13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was really taken over with the packaging of this product and i bought it together with correcter. And i really don't understand if i just can't apply it wrong or it is really that bad! I tried to apply it waiting for it settle before i apply the powder i tried to apply and then setting it with a different powder and nothing works! It creases like hell and makes me look like an old lady just after 15 min after application. I also tried to use the powder from the set on top pf my regular consealer and it is really really bad! I have to also mention that after i use this product i got this small kind of dots on my under eye area! And it was just simply horrifying, and they only go away after a week or so. Net - this is a horrible product not worth spending that much money on.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by Jkristina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This kit is good it really does make the under eye area look lighter and brighter when used with the bb. Corrector. If you get the balance of under eye cream and concealer right then it looks really good but when u apply the powder and if ur a bit dry then it's fatal... It can look so Cakey and emphasise lines and wrinkles drastically! But on a whole it's a really good product when used right. After using it a while though I did notice I had little pimples around my nose/eye area ... Hopefully it's nothing to so with product!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by lingre

Its great for certain areas. The staying power is wonderful. Overpriced for the amount you get. I bought it once and bought it again but its not a favorite. I alternate depending on what I need. I can see how it can be drying so you def need to moisturize and use a primer first. If you dont over apply its not cakey and sits nicely on your skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by wisehm20

Overall, I don't know what I like about this product.
Bobbi Brown was one of the first concealer makers, but with this concealer kit, I think it's totally overrated. I am in shade Sand.
First, cream concealer is very sheer, so you need to build up a few times with your finger tip or concealer brush. With the pale yellow power next to it, it is also very sheer and transparent, so it's hard to see its effects.

Though it works, and with a nice sleek packaging, I probably would not repurchase when I finish. ( not sure if I am ever going to finish this as I don't reach as much as for my other concealers)
It feels like I am adding another my expensive cosmetic collections but not much usage out of it. I would feel better if it is durable, and good quality product, so I don't regret buying expensive stuffs.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by queeniekasey

I have tried a lot of concealers and this is the only one I trust and just keeping going back to. Tried Maybelline, Neutrogena, Laura Mercier, etc., concealers and they were either not enough coverage or ended up dry and making my blemishes all flaky. My color is Ivory and it's the perfect shade. Not too creamy or too dry. Just right! Been using it for almost 6 years now!!!

Update- this is still a great concealer, but marked off two lippies because I'm no longer in denial...this stuff can cause clogged pores.... gahhh. When I was on acne medicine and my skin was flawless, this concealer never caused acne. I think that if your skin is pretty much clear, this wouldn't cause too many problems. But if you have a lot of problem areas, and try to cover up the whole area with this concealer...it might extend the life of the zits.