Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit (Reformulated & New packaging 2011)

3.3

Unfortunately I don't find this as effective as the corrector itself. If I were to use this I would only use very little, not layer it on heavily as I have seen Bobbi herself do in the videos. Also the powder that comes with this, while convenient just tends to make the under eye area then look dry. While I understand one needs to set it to prevent creasing, which this does! Powder really just makes it look old and dry. If you can get away with not setting it then please do so! In the Makeup Manual she says if it creases then the eye cream ratio is off. In general corrector and concealer is product overload for this part of the eye area and for someone who is famous for the all natural look, this is glaringly obvious. To layer on corrector and concealer and set it with the powder would definitely conceal the darkness which it has for me, but not at the cost of looking thick and obvious which this does on me no matter how much i blend or apply as little as possible. I honestly believe this type of concealment is only good for photography, television, film and your wedding day when you need to look absolutely perfect. I believe non creasing, second skin liquid concealers are the future.

I thought this was just meh. I'm 47, so wanted something that wasn't drying or that accumulated in the creases. It did an okay job of this. I thought it was covering okay until I ran out of product and decided to try Laura Mercier's Secret Concealer for Under Eye. My fiance didn't know I had on new makeup, but he noticed on the first application. Told me I looked different - really awake, younger and even more beautiful (aww, such a great guy).

on 1/9/2015 1:02:00 AM

I have darkness under eyes and I find this didn't work well for concealing it. I do not like the consistency, it is very 'creamy' as expected however I find it heavy feeling, almost a bit greasy. As a result it creased under eyes and I had a hard time getting it to last throughout the day. I didn't find anything special about the powder side. I found it was either too little and it didn't stay or too much and it looked dry.

As far as using it on other areas of the face, if you have oily or acne prone skin I would not! Again feels too creamy/sticky/greasy to stay put over blemishes and I would not risk using it on acne prone areas for fear of breaking out. This is not the ideal concealer for acne/blemishes. Possibly better if you have dry skin, light scarring.

One more issue is I found over time the powder side oddly cracked and made a complete mess of the whole kit. Even if you do really want to try this concealer I would recommend buying the concealer alone minus the powder side. Overall I think there are way better concealers out there at this price point.

on 5/27/2014 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

HG product for me. Started with the old school packaging (loose powder at the bottom in a round pot duo) in Honey. I use it for pimples, blemishes and a touch under my eyes. Love it. Definitely a staple for me.

on 5/4/2014 5:56:00 PM

I love Bobbi Brown concealer. This concealer is creamy and blend so easy and not sticky. I have pretty bad dark circle. I used eye cream BB corrector and this concealer kit my color is Warm Beige great coverage.

on 4/15/2014 5:35:00 AM

Pros: good packaging, good colours. Cons: no lasting power, concealer part cakes and gets stuck in lines, powder too heavy for under eyes and causes caking. Also, the powder accentuates dryness.

This concealer has a tacky texture that is difficult to apply without tugging. It makes the lines under my eyes more prominent, an effect augmented by layering with the powder included or Bobbi Brown's corrector. The compact packaging with mirror suggests this is something to carry with you for touching up, yet it isn't very hygienic to use without two brushes for the respective products. My MUFE full cover concealer (a squeeze tube) and YSL Touche Eclat pen both do more to cover my under eye circles.

on 2/27/2014 12:12:00 AM

I was really taken over with the packaging of this product and i bought it together with correcter. And i really don't understand if i just can't apply it wrong or it is really that bad! I tried to apply it waiting for it settle before i apply the powder i tried to apply and then setting it with a different powder and nothing works! It creases like hell and makes me look like an old lady just after 15 min after application. I also tried to use the powder from the set on top pf my regular consealer and it is really really bad! I have to also mention that after i use this product i got this small kind of dots on my under eye area! And it was just simply horrifying, and they only go away after a week or so. Net - this is a horrible product not worth spending that much money on.

on 1/8/2014 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This kit is good it really does make the under eye area look lighter and brighter when used with the bb. Corrector. If you get the balance of under eye cream and concealer right then it looks really good but when u apply the powder and if ur a bit dry then it's fatal... It can look so Cakey and emphasise lines and wrinkles drastically! But on a whole it's a really good product when used right. After using it a while though I did notice I had little pimples around my nose/eye area ... Hopefully it's nothing to so with product!

on 1/5/2014 3:19:00 PM

Its great for certain areas. The staying power is wonderful. Overpriced for the amount you get. I bought it once and bought it again but its not a favorite. I alternate depending on what I need. I can see how it can be drying so you def need to moisturize and use a primer first. If you dont over apply its not cakey and sits nicely on your skin.