Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer Kit (Reformulated & New packaging 2011)

3.3

on 9/3/2015 6:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

I wear the Honey/Pale yellow combo on my Medium-dark South Asian skin. I have re-purchased 3 times, but I am not happy with the performance of this product. I just do not know what else to use! Good colour but a few laughs later and I am looking old! It settles in creases and really accentuated them. I have tried applying this in different ways, with regular moisturiser, or eye cream underneath. With setting powder, without. Using the powder with a dome brush or dabbing on with finger. Less of the actual concealer seems to look better. Looking for a replacement now, as I have seen that this is the same wrinkly experience that most people have with this.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my first time using Bobbi Brown concealer kit and I love it. when I first applied it I felt a little disappointed but I quickly changed my mind. The first time I tried it I built it up way to much, it creased badly and looked cakey so you may have to play with it a little (only if you're like me who has no idea what they're doing) I have bad dark circles and it covers it up amazingly! My skin is very oily but this stays put, it doesn't crease and you look refreshed. I'd definitely recommend it for those of you who need full coverage.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I use this concealer for about 6 months. At first I loved it. (just for reference I hate Touche Eclat from YSL, okay Touche Ectat is more highlighter, but the purpose of using both is the same, to make under eye skin blend with the rest of the face)
During the winter time it didn't crease, it stayed all day long if used without setting powder. I apply it with finger. It's convenient and very fast. I never knew why the setting powder is there. Probably to make creases on a great looking base.
But now we're in summer. Hong Kong summer is hot and humid. Want awful makeup experience in similar weather conditions? Apply Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer. It will crease, it will move, it will make patches. It would do everything you don't want it be doing.
Pros:
- great for chilly weather (I'd say it's the best concealer for colder months)
Cons:
- it can't be used as a set (setting powder makes creases)
- it can't be used in hot / humid weather (I live in tropics, so it's not for me)

P.S. Highly recommend anyone who live in cold climate to buy Bobbi Brown creamy concealer (not as a kit, only concealer). You'll be pleased by result.

on 4/19/2015 4:59:00 PM

When applied with the corrector it is like product overload onto the undereye area. Really deep creases appear even when you use the hydrating eye cream like advised, it is hard to pat out the creases with your finger. The creases are even worse when you use the setting powder. Would not repurchase

on 4/17/2015 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am using BOBBI BROWN corrector together with this. Both works perfectly to cover my very serious dark eye circle, just like an eraser, LOL. The corrector neutralize the dark eye circle and this concealer brighten it up. I am happy with the results it deliver just that it turns cakey easily. Perhaps I applied too much due to my serious dark eye circle.

on 3/15/2015 4:12:00 AM

The coverage is good, the lasting is average. The consistency is very thick and heavy so watch out not to layer it otherwise the result will be cakey. Again for the same reason, application with brush is not a good idea because you need to warm up the product with your finger tips to get a smooth application.
Settles into fine lines thus you need to touch up several times. Although it's a creamy concealer, it feels a little drying on my skin.

Unfortunately I don't find this as effective as the corrector itself. If I were to use this I would only use very little, not layer it on heavily as I have seen Bobbi herself do in the videos. Also the powder that comes with this, while convenient just tends to make the under eye area then look dry. While I understand one needs to set it to prevent creasing, which this does! Powder really just makes it look old and dry. If you can get away with not setting it then please do so! In the Makeup Manual she says if it creases then the eye cream ratio is off. In general corrector and concealer is product overload for this part of the eye area and for someone who is famous for the all natural look, this is glaringly obvious. To layer on corrector and concealer and set it with the powder would definitely conceal the darkness which it has for me, but not at the cost of looking thick and obvious which this does on me no matter how much i blend or apply as little as possible. I honestly believe this type of concealment is only good for photography, television, film and your wedding day when you need to look absolutely perfect. I believe non creasing, second skin liquid concealers are the future.

I thought this was just meh. I'm 47, so wanted something that wasn't drying or that accumulated in the creases. It did an okay job of this. I thought it was covering okay until I ran out of product and decided to try Laura Mercier's Secret Concealer for Under Eye. My fiance didn't know I had on new makeup, but he noticed on the first application. Told me I looked different - really awake, younger and even more beautiful (aww, such a great guy).

on 1/9/2015 1:02:00 AM

I have darkness under eyes and I find this didn't work well for concealing it. I do not like the consistency, it is very 'creamy' as expected however I find it heavy feeling, almost a bit greasy. As a result it creased under eyes and I had a hard time getting it to last throughout the day. I didn't find anything special about the powder side. I found it was either too little and it didn't stay or too much and it looked dry.

As far as using it on other areas of the face, if you have oily or acne prone skin I would not! Again feels too creamy/sticky/greasy to stay put over blemishes and I would not risk using it on acne prone areas for fear of breaking out. This is not the ideal concealer for acne/blemishes. Possibly better if you have dry skin, light scarring.

One more issue is I found over time the powder side oddly cracked and made a complete mess of the whole kit. Even if you do really want to try this concealer I would recommend buying the concealer alone minus the powder side. Overall I think there are way better concealers out there at this price point.

on 5/27/2014 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

HG product for me. Started with the old school packaging (loose powder at the bottom in a round pot duo) in Honey. I use it for pimples, blemishes and a touch under my eyes. Love it. Definitely a staple for me.