January 30, 2015 | 1762 users online

Concealers - Bobbi Brown - Creamy Concealer Kit (Reformulated & New packaging 2011)

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2015 1:02:00 AM More reviews by kimmurs

I have darkness under eyes and I find this didn't work well for concealing it. I do not like the consistency, it is very 'creamy' as expected however I find it heavy feeling, almost a bit greasy. As a result it creased under eyes and I had a hard time getting it to last throughout the day. I didn't find anything special about the powder side. I found it was either too little and it didn't stay or too much and it looked dry.

As far as using it on other areas of the face, if you have oily or acne prone skin I would not! Again feels too creamy/sticky/greasy to stay put over blemishes and I would not risk using it on acne prone areas for fear of breaking out. This is not the ideal concealer for acne/blemishes. Possibly better if you have dry skin, light scarring.

One more issue is I found over time the powder side oddly cracked and made a complete mess of the whole kit. Even if you do really want to try this concealer I would recommend buying the concealer alone minus the powder side. Overall I think there are way better concealers out there at this price point.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 12:17:00 AM More reviews by Janaecious

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HG product for me. Started with the old school packaging (loose powder at the bottom in a round pot duo) in Honey. I use it for pimples, blemishes and a touch under my eyes. Love it. Definitely a staple for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Hoyman

I love Bobbi Brown concealer. This concealer is creamy and blend so easy and not sticky. I have pretty bad dark circle. I used eye cream BB corrector and this concealer kit my color is Warm Beige great coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2014 5:35:00 AM More reviews by Lobbery

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pros: good packaging, good colours. Cons: no lasting power, concealer part cakes and gets stuck in lines, powder too heavy for under eyes and causes caking. Also, the powder accentuates dryness.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/12/2014 2:09:00 PM More reviews by beetrootcheeks

This concealer has a tacky texture that is difficult to apply without tugging. It makes the lines under my eyes more prominent, an effect augmented by layering with the powder included or Bobbi Brown's corrector. The compact packaging with mirror suggests this is something to carry with you for touching up, yet it isn't very hygienic to use without two brushes for the respective products. My MUFE full cover concealer (a squeeze tube) and YSL Touche Eclat pen both do more to cover my under eye circles.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2014 12:12:00 AM More reviews by kamillia13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was really taken over with the packaging of this product and i bought it together with correcter. And i really don't understand if i just can't apply it wrong or it is really that bad! I tried to apply it waiting for it settle before i apply the powder i tried to apply and then setting it with a different powder and nothing works! It creases like hell and makes me look like an old lady just after 15 min after application. I also tried to use the powder from the set on top pf my regular consealer and it is really really bad! I have to also mention that after i use this product i got this small kind of dots on my under eye area! And it was just simply horrifying, and they only go away after a week or so. Net - this is a horrible product not worth spending that much money on.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2014 5:18:00 PM More reviews by Jkristina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This kit is good it really does make the under eye area look lighter and brighter when used with the bb. Corrector. If you get the balance of under eye cream and concealer right then it looks really good but when u apply the powder and if ur a bit dry then it's fatal... It can look so Cakey and emphasise lines and wrinkles drastically! But on a whole it's a really good product when used right. After using it a while though I did notice I had little pimples around my nose/eye area ... Hopefully it's nothing to so with product!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by lingre

Its great for certain areas. The staying power is wonderful. Overpriced for the amount you get. I bought it once and bought it again but its not a favorite. I alternate depending on what I need. I can see how it can be drying so you def need to moisturize and use a primer first. If you dont over apply its not cakey and sits nicely on your skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2013 12:18:00 AM More reviews by wisehm20

Overall, I don't know what I like about this product.
Bobbi Brown was one of the first concealer makers, but with this concealer kit, I think it's totally overrated. I am in shade Sand.
First, cream concealer is very sheer, so you need to build up a few times with your finger tip or concealer brush. With the pale yellow power next to it, it is also very sheer and transparent, so it's hard to see its effects.

Though it works, and with a nice sleek packaging, I probably would not repurchase when I finish. ( not sure if I am ever going to finish this as I don't reach as much as for my other concealers)
It feels like I am adding another my expensive cosmetic collections but not much usage out of it. I would feel better if it is durable, and good quality product, so I don't regret buying expensive stuffs.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2013 2:45:00 PM More reviews by queeniekasey

I have tried a lot of concealers and this is the only one I trust and just keeping going back to. Tried Maybelline, Neutrogena, Laura Mercier, etc., concealers and they were either not enough coverage or ended up dry and making my blemishes all flaky. My color is Ivory and it's the perfect shade. Not too creamy or too dry. Just right! Been using it for almost 6 years now!!!

Update- this is still a great concealer, but marked off two lippies because I'm no longer in denial...this stuff can cause clogged pores.... gahhh. When I was on acne medicine and my skin was flawless, this concealer never caused acne. I think that if your skin is pretty much clear, this wouldn't cause too many problems. But if you have a lot of problem areas, and try to cover up the whole area with this concealer...it might extend the life of the zits.