RCMA Color Process Foundation

4.3

Ingredients: IPM (Isopropyl Myristate), Castor Oil, Carnauba, Candelilla, Ozokerite, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, propyl Paraben, BHT. May Contain: D&C Red #6, D&C Red #7, D&C Red #27, Cos.Green, Cos. Blue.

on 6/20/2015 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my holy grail foundation for year round wear. I can't believe I finally found something that works on my skin in both hot humid horrible summers AND dry frigid winters!!!

I have an oily t zone and normalish skin, which all turns horribly dry and flaky in the winter. My skin tone is about nc25 in the summer and nc20 in the winter. I bought Shinto1 in the RCMA color process line and it matches me perfectly. I'm half Asian and my skin is super yellow. The Shinto line has ochre in it, which apparently means it has a touch of green. More neutral complexions with less yellow may want to consider the KO line as it has a touch more pink.

There is a learning curve with this makeup but once you get the hang of it, it applies like a breeze. I use either a clean, dense but soft foundation brush to stipple (cover fx flat top for liquid foundation) or a damp beauty blender. I put a few smears of the makeup on my face where I need it most and let it sit while I curl my lashes and apply shadow primer to let it warm up. Then just start blending and it takes only about a minute to get the foundation on. I get beautiful results with the both the brush and the sponge so In terms of end result it doesn't matter which one you use, just whatever is easier for the individual to work with.

This is extremely full coverage makeup and it has 50% pigment as opposed to most other high end brands that at most have 35%, so this covers ANYTHING. I have acne scarring, broken capillaries, random breakouts, and pretty large pores on my cheeks and this makeup takes care of all of these issues for me without a primer.

Because this makeup is vegan and is made from plant and vegetable waxes, I found it doesn't play nicely with finely milled silica powders. Then I tried it with the No Color powder (also RCMA) which is extremely finely milled talc, and have had no problems whatsoever since. Setting with this powder, my makeup lasts for a good 10 hours during the summer without oxidation, caking, or creasing. This foundation does not accentuate any lines or dry patches, but it is a must to let it warm up on your skin before blending out because the formula is incredibly thick. Once it is sufficiently warm it is very easy to work with. It's simply amazing. Sublime, even. And my breakouts have lessened because I'm not using silica powder that was clogging my skin, or having to use various setting sprays which I have always thought were a waste of money (20 bucks for chemical-y water??).

If you are in need of a truly full coverage foundation, look no further than this line. This is a professional line that carries every foundation color known to mankind. The creamiest, palest of skins all the way to blue-undertoned African/Caribbean skins are accommodated by this company. The product itself is a little pricey, but worth every penny. I got the smallest container available (less than an ounce) and have barely made a dent. Highly recommend it with the No Color powder to set.

Overall, this makeup is fantastic (and vegan!!!) and I wish more people knew about it!

on 6/16/2015 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Okay verdict is in:

I've been hearing about this foundation from Wayne Goss on YouTube he literally raves about it every time when mentioned, and the reviews have been 85% positive so I had to try it. I got a couple of days ago and at first application I was blown away so let me break it down,

Texture: The foundation is wax like so it can be hard to come out almost like refrigerated butter.

Application: Here is the tricky part and probably the only downside (well for me at least) this is not a throw on and go foundation if time is an issue for you don't use this foundation you really have to work with it, it is simple just takes a little time. You just warm it up on the back of your hand use a makeup spatual or even the back of your make up brush To get the product out. Rub it on the back of your hand to warm it up and apply to face.

Tool/Applicatior: The best way to put this on is a buffing brush or a DRY sponge or beauty blender.

Finish: The best part of this foundation is the finish extremely skin like as soon as it touched my skin the first time I tried it I saw the difference it didn't look like I was applying foundation more like a second skin with a slight glow.

Longevity: Last for hours with out touch ups for me which is a first it is actually a little hard to come off .

I have really sensitive acne prone skin and so far this has worked out quite well, I use my Embroyallise Lait Creme Concentre and it works well with the foundation.

Oh YOU MUST powder even just a little I use my Laura Mercier Invisible LoosePowder I use a very light hand with this.

Im just in love.

Color references I am an NC45-50 I use Shinto 4 which is perfect.

on 5/26/2015 10:13:00 PM

I've used this foundation for over a year. It is easily the best foundation I've used and I've tried a ridiculous amount of foundation! The packaging is simple and you get a lot of product for a good price. ($27 for 1 ounce at CRC). I've read a lot of reviews stating it doesn't spread or it looks cakey or heavy. There is a review on here that gives you step by step instructions on how to apply it and it's how I use it and have had no issues. There's definitely a learning curve, but it's So worth it. It's very blendable and can be as sheer as you want it. My only complaints are that it was difficult for me to find a perfect color match (I had to order multiple samples) and it is not a quick application - it takes me a good 10 minutes for my foundation where it might take me 3 minutes to apply a different foundation! I set this with Ben Nye final seal and though I do have to blot/powder (my t-zone is oily) - it stays all day and at the end of the day looks almost exactly like it did first thing in the morning.

on 3/16/2015 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Love this foundation!! 4.7 stars!

This is the ONLY foundation I have found that works with my skin. I wanted a foundation that wouldn't freaking look cake-y as hell on my dry skin, actually match my skin tone, give me build-able full coverage, cover my crazy dark under-eye circles, and not sit terribly on my skin. This does ALL that. (Though I do use a color corrector under my eyes first.)

1) You have to play around with it to figure out how to work with it. You have to warm up the product before applying it. For my face, I find it works best if I use my finger to apply dots all over, spray a dry sponge with Cinema Secret's moisture spray and bounce it all over the skin. For under my eyes, I use my fingers and then a sponge to get a perfect full coverage look.

2) I have EXTREMELY DRY skin and after researching for months I decided to try this foundation out by ordering samples from the RCMA website. (it's slightly cheaper than ordering samples from camerareadycosmetics.com). It's seriously the ONLY foundation that doesn't look disgusting on me. If you're super duper dry and everything looks terrible on you, try this out. Warning, you might not like it at first. Work with it and learn it.

3) It's not super crazy pigmented like the whole "rare foundation with 50% pigment" thing might lead you to believe. It's a build-able medium to full coverage foundation.

4) It looks really nice and natural on the skin.

5) It DOES crease since it's a cream. You're going to have to set it with powder, but it still creases on me under the eyes and on the laugh-lines within twenty minute.
UPDATE: I have found that if I set it generously with E.L.F.'s HD powder, it does not move as much and lasts for most of the day.

on 2/15/2015 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've been on a foundation testing binge and due to good reviews wanted to test this out. I ask A LOT form a foundation: I am 57, with rosacea, many broken fine veins, "fine lines" - yeah, wrinkles, and have sensitive skin. In other words, I need COVERAGE, yet many makeups break me out. And I don't want a makeup that will make those "fine lines" look like part of the Grand Canyon! Not asking for much, huh?

I've been using mostly mineral makeup for the last 10 years and since my skin has become dry, I wanted to try some liquids and creams, RCMA being one of the latter. I have been testing this for about a month and this is what I've experienced with it:

If you want to try out RCMA, buy samples from Camera Ready Cosmetics and email them or do a live chat and ask for sample color recs if you're not going to buy a palette. The colors run thus: The "olive" line is for pinker skins, but I've also found it to be kind of grey in tone. Gena Beige is the lightest of the Olive tones, and they get darker as the number go up. The "KO" line is supposed to be more neutral toned, but I still found it leaned kind of yellow; the "Shinto" line is the most yellow, but it seems to have kind of an ochre tone to it. For ladies of color they have some dark shades with different undertones, but since I'm quite fair, I didn't order any of those. I was recently tagged an NW20 in Mac Studio Sculpt, and it was still a bit too dark and too yellow for me. I found that even Gena Beige, KO1, and SH1 were a tad too dark for me. There are some very fair shades going in order from lightest - CS1, Ivory, & CS2 which all lean pink, and a new palette of "KA" shades which are very light and lean more neutral-yellow. There is also "Pocelain" which I didn't get a sample of as it sounds as if it's for Albinos. I've found that KA4 is my closest match - I've also blended colors to make a light peach color (My skin leans fairly pink/peachy) , using either Ivory and/or CS2 combined with KO1 or SH1.

Be warned that RCMA is a Pro makeup and if you're not a "Pro" , having an art background would be helpful in using this. This is NOT a slap it on your face and go product. You need to prepare it for use, with a spatula being a good tool for the job. It needs to be softened and warmed up prior to use and a little can go a long way. Despite having a lot of pigment, this goes on fairly transparent and coverage needs to be built up. Watch all the videos you can find for this product (esp Kevin James Bennett's) and read the reviews here for tips. I've found that what you put under this foundation will make a HUGE difference in how it looks on your face. I've used 5 different moisturizers with different results. Embroyolisse Lait Creme gave the best results, Cerave AM the worst (terrible), Paula's Choice Moisture Boost, okay, PC Skin Recovery Moisturizer, not-so-good, Cerave AM, meh. I am waiting for my Whip Hand primer to arrive and I will try it with that.

Using RCMA seems to be a lot of work. The buildability is nice, esp if you get a glob of mascara on your cheek (don't ask) and need to fix it, building up that coverage also takes time. You also really need to powder this stuff to keep it from transfering. I've used the RCMA transparent powder and it works very well. I've had no skin issues with RCMA so far, but my dry skin has gone back to being more combo since using it. Powdered RCMA also looks like makeup for awhile after application but by evening looks totally like natural skin (wish I could speed up that process). Since it's been very cold where I live, I can't tell you how this holds up with heat/humidity. Oh, and this makeup with eat up your blush! I've used different brands and colors and all but the darkest will almost disappear within a few hours.

Since so many MUA rave about RCMA,, I wish that I could find one who could give me some tips on using this and getting it to look really good. The price point is right and I really want to love it, but my results don't seem to be worth the effort. I'm going to keep playing with it and if I have any positive break throughs, I'll come back here and report on them.

Added 2-19-15. Tried this using Whip Hand Set The Stage Primer over Cerave PM Moisturizer. The primer made the RCMA smoother to apply, but didn't affect the look of the product other than making my acne scars look less pitted. Doesn't seem to affect longevity either way. I'm liking this makeup more, esp since I've got my color down pretty well (KA4 looks best, but Ivory/KO1 or KO2 mix also okay).

BTW, you will need a good oil-based makeup remover to throughly get this stuff off of your skin. Soap & water doesn't do the trick. I like Silk Naturals Apricot Cleansing Oil, or DHC Oil Cleanser, followed by J & J Babywash or Cerave Cleanser, though any oil/cleanser combo would probably work.

on 12/28/2014 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG foundation. I break out easily so I was afraid to use a cream foundation. It seemed so thick. I gave it a try because of rave reviews online. I apply it first with my finger in streaks all over my face, then with my Beauty Blender. I then use the point of my Beauty Blender with the RCMA as a concealer. It gives great coverage and lasts all day, throughout my 12 hour shift at work. I get compliments on my skin...not my makeup but my skin!

on 12/15/2014 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have super oily skin and I love this foundation. It's cream to a powdery finish and lasts a long time! They have a ton of shades, too, from super light to very dark. I got mine from Beautylish, their swatches are pretty accurate.

on 10/17/2014 12:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you are unsure of what shade to purchase, I recommend buying samples from CameraReadyCosmetics.com or RCMAmakeup.net. The RCMA site is cheaper but it wouldn't take my Canadian monies. :( It's worth it to find the correct match, because as you'll find in trying to find you match from reading reviews, opinions vary a lot! I'm C3/NC30 and I tried Shinto 1, Shinto 2, KO2 and KO3 and my preferred shade is Shinto 2. It just looks the healthiest and has enough yellow to make my face match my neck/chest. Shinto 1 was too light (though you will find other NC30's preferring this one) and the KO shades just didn't have enough yellow in them. I looked washed out. I'm guestimating but I'm thinking that KO2 is more like NW20 and KO3 more like NW30?
I played around with application and tried a variation of Wayne Goss's powder method. I applied my moisturizer, a light layer of powder, THEN my silicone primer and then the RCMA and this seemed the best for me because it kept the look matte longer and seemed to wear longer too. I also prefer a more semi-matte look so if you prefer a dewier look, skip the powder until the very end (and then just 'set' the t-zone). I like to set with a dusting of my mineral foundation.
I did not find this hard to blend. Perhaps because the product in the sample jars was already 'scraped' and thus softened, so I could just dot it on my cheeks, forehead & chin and easily blend with my fingers, but I know when I purchase a full size, I will want a metal spatula to scrape the product from the container, and then warm on the back of my hand or a palette.
I was pleasantly surprised at how much this does look just like skin. It looks very natural and as mentioned in other reviews, not cakey. It does give a beautiful finish.

I already have a full sized Shinto 2 sitting in a cart somewhere... :)

EDIT: As I'm losing colour, I'm finding Shinto 1 is really what I need. Fortunately I still have some of that sample. I wore Shinto 2 the other day and it was just looking too dark compared to my neck/chest. I'll end up with buying both shades so I can custom mix throughout the year.

on 9/25/2014 5:12:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't want to speak too soon as i only got this foundation today but I was just so excited about it that I had to write a review!

This foundation gives me the most beautiful finish, the finish is so amazing that I can't stop looking at myself in the mirror and when i look in the mirror i can't believe that it's really my skin in the reflection. Just amazing! I don't exactly know how to describe the finish, i think the word "flawless" is the best word i can think of to describe it. I've never had this sort of finish from a foundation before, my skin truly looks airbrushed with this foundation!

I'm seriously thinking of ordering a few more of these foundations right now so that I have back up once i run out, i just don't want to be without this foundation, i think I've found my HG! This foundation does not make my face look cakey at all which I found suprising since it is meant to be a fuller coverage foundation. It also doesn't stick to dry patches on my skin like some other foundations do.

The reason i only have it 4 stars is because I don't find the coverage to be full. I can still see a couple of pimples through this foundation but that's only if i look really closely. I can't speak for the staying power of this foundation as i literally just got it today and put it on an hour ago but so far I'm loving this foundation! Would definitely recommend everyone to try it!

on 9/18/2014 4:12:00 AM

Nice foundation but makes me very greasy, even with a mattifying powder. My skin has gotten much more oily because of the summer months but it definitely doesn't help with the oiliness.