December 21, 2014 | 858 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Olay - Professional Pro-X Advanced Cleansing System

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2014 5:01:00 AM More reviews by SuzisZoo

I'm 46 and have combination skin. This has worked wonders on my face! I've been using this cleansing brush for two weeks and my skin has never looked better. Like another reviewer mentioned, I was using apricot scrub to exfoliate for years and thought it was doing a really good job. Well, I was wrong, because my skin is smoother than it has ever been now! My tone is more even, my makeup goes on smoothly, and even my husband noticed a difference in how I look.
I use this as the directions state - I wet my face and apply and apply my cleanser as normal, then use the brush. Then I rinse with a wet washcloth. It feels really good on your skin and I have not had any issues at all with sensitivity. I'm currently still using the sample of Pro-X cleanser that came with the kit, but I doubt it will repurchase that since it is $18 and I"m pretty sure it's the same thing as the Olay Regenerist cleanser that is like $6.
I've never tried a more expensive cleansing brush system so I can't compare to those, but at least in my experience this one is certainly good enough to get the job done well.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2014 12:02:00 AM More reviews by cmadiegirl

After just a week I've noticed a significantly huge difference in my skin. My acne scars are actually fading. I've been using this along with my BHA/AHA routine. Be very careful not to over exfoliate!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 9:19:00 AM More reviews by Sweeneyd

Ok- long story. All my life I had great skin. But as soon as I hit 22, my skin slowly went downhill. I had severe acne and blemishes and blackheads, and of course I would stress and this would just make it worse! My sister and mom use the Clarasonic and rave about how fantastic it is, so I was determined to get one. After doing some research, though, I found this brush. After reading all the reviews, it seemed to be a great catch! So I spent $x at Walgreens and hoped for the best. The first few days, I didn't notice a difference and began to have my usual pitty party. So I googled facial cleansing brushes in general and read an article on how it can take up to two weeks for your skin to start "changing". Well- it has been two weeks and HOLY COW, you would never know that I had 3 years of bad skin! My scars are fading, my acne is completely gone (except the usual monthly breakout..) and my face is starting to shine! I read another review on here and I agree that even my makeup is going on/staying better! I have seen a lot of people say they only use a gentle cleanser. I tried that and unfortunately it did not help. I'm still using the Neutrogena Grapefruit Cleanser (always have, only thing that used to remotely help) and it doesn't seem to be too strong or irritating. I also only use it once a day- at night to remove makeup. Overall, I am beyond satisfied, and I guess if you take one thing out of my extremely long review it's give it not only a chance, but time. You will not see a 100% improvement overnight.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Jenhaas504

I had been looking at the Clarisonics for quite some time but just couldn't see forking out $100 for a face scrubber, and then I saw the Olay Pro X Cleansing System, it was on sale at Ulta for $24, so I decided to give it a try. All I can say is it will change your life! I cannot wash my face without this thing, if I do, my face does not feel clean at all. Esp right now with the winter months starting I have fry skin so I usually get the dry patches all over my face and with foundation and powder you can see them, well I use my Pro X and an exfoliator, and I have not seen 1 dry patch, my skin looks healthier and honestly younger! I really would recommend this, don't go spend the $100, try the Pro X first!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2014 5:41:00 PM More reviews by kileylovescake

After reading about the Clarisonic all over the internet, I knew it was my job to find the perfect dupe! Although I haven't had the chance to try a Clarisonic, I can't imagine it is that much better (except- it does have different settings and brush heads and such, and it is chargeable instead of battery-powered).

Honestly, this makes my skin feel great! I was using harsh cleansers before on my oily skin because I felt that it was necessary to remove my makeup. However, now I can use a gentle cleanser and the Pro X will still give me a very clean feeling!

I have heard that this can cause over-exfoliation, but I'm not sure I've noticed because I use it once a day and haven't had any horrible break-outs. Probably because this new regimen is more gentle on my skin than what I was using before (harsh Clean & Clear scrubs and the like).

It's a great product for the price - 30$! Target has special colors (light pink & blue). It comes with batteries!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2014 4:29:00 AM More reviews by Suify

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this more than a year ago, used for a while an decided to return to St Ives facial scrub to do the job. Somehow just like how we always are, I left it somewhere and forgot about it altogether.

Then just few days back I read about how cleansing mittens/washcloths for face and I thought I should use my Olay Pro-X instead of spending money to get a facial cloth! And boy, just within 3 days of using the brush (after removing my makeup with makeup remover), together with my Shiseido facial foam (it produces a lot of foam, I love it!) my face has never been so clean for such a long time! I wonder why did I even make the decision to going back to old school apricot scrub! My husband also commented that my make up looked different when we met for lunch (so that's like, 6 hours later) - nothing was different except the fact that my makeup stayed on much better and longer prolly due to the fact that my skincare is better absorbed by my skin!

I give this 4 lippies because I remembered why I stopped using this and switched back to good old scrub, if you are not careful, you may end up over-cleansing your face, and may have red painful pimples forming as a result!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2014 2:40:00 PM More reviews by lowelissa

Just bought this the other day, I've been using it every day in the shower, love the feeling and how clean it really makes my skin. I definitely recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2014 5:19:00 AM More reviews by LoveJasonA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this when it first came out, because honestly I couldn't think of forking over the price of what Clarisonic wanted for theirs. I LOVE this item. I use it all the time. At least three to four times a week. I do not have oily skin at all. Never have had. It is more on the dry side to be honest. I use it because exfoliation is a big part of skin care. I highly recommend this to anyone who doesn't want to pay the price of the other higher priced ones out there. It really does work. Two thumbs up.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2014 12:40:00 AM More reviews by celestesong

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

An excellent product! I had been wavering between splurging on a Clarisonic or going with the Pro-X. I have sensitive, combination skin with a family history of rosacea. I was worried about using any kind of spin brush given the sensitive nature of my skin and so decided to go with the more affordable model as a trial.

I use this probably 3 times a week and have already seen a great improvement in my skin in the past month. It's not as blotchy or red anymore; my moisturizer and make up absorb more thoroughly. My skin generally feels soft and dewy. I still am hesitant to use this on a daily basis and I alternate between my Cetaphil cleanser and the Aveeno Calming Cleanser as the cleanser used with this brush. But I am very happy with it. I haven't tried the Clarisonic Pro, and I know many folks swear by it, but I can't imagine shelling out $200 when I already have a very effective product here for a fraction of the cost.

In short: don't be afraid to use it if you have sensitive skin. As long as you are using a gentle cleanser, you should be fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 2:16:00 AM More reviews by sbushby

i purchased this product because i always liked the idea of a clarisonic but didnt want to spend the money. i wear makeup daily and i always get the feeling when im washing my face, im not really wash it off well, hence why i wanted one of these brushes. i began by using an oil cleanser to remove my makeup, then went in with the cleanser that came in the box. i didn't particularly enjoy nor dislike the cleanser itself, but i LOVED how my face felt afterwards. i feel like once ive cleansed, my face really absorbs my moisturiser and creams so much better. i began using morning AND night and had no issues at all. ive been using for 2 weeks and havent had any breakouts or anything like that. the only issue i had was when i used an enzyme scrub and then enzyme mask straight after, the skin on my nose completely dried out and flaked like i was sunburnt, however i found that using the brush actually helped with removing the dry skin for the next few days. overall, i think this brush is absolutely fantastic and if it broke, id be more than happy to spend another $30 for another.