Maybelline Fit Me Concealer

3.9

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Glycerin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Ozokerite, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Acrylates copolymer, Alumina, Butylparaben, Aluminium Hydroxide, Tocopherol, Silica, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract /- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77019/Mica)

on 7/4/2015 8:13:00 AM

ohhh my goddd I LOVEEE this concealer it is my HOLY GRAIL especially because it covers so well and doesnt cake! i love love love it and it is always a repurchase in my book

on 7/4/2015 7:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I no longer buy Maybelline since I discovered that they test on animals, but I bought this concealer quite a while ago. I don't really use many drugstore brands, but I had run out of my usual and I picked this one up in no. 20. I must say that i was disappointed with what this concealer offered, especially with the glowing reviews I had heard. On my tan skin, this product looks simply AWFUL- extremely ashy, grey, very chalky looking on my skin. A couple of times I made the mistake of using it under my eyes and looked like a zombie the rest of the day. It sucks all the brightness away from the face and makes me look washed out and grey! If I had one word to describe the colour, it would be ashy. It's not much better at covering blemishes. The consistency is too watery and thin, and the pigmentation is absolutely appalling. I suppose you get what you pay for! Needless to say, I will not be repurchasing.

on 7/3/2015 11:43:00 AM

I like this concealer a lot, people compare it to NARS, I have never tried it but if it's as good I totally should. The coverage is great, the color selection is amazing and it is very affordable. I have very dark under eyes and this covers 70-80% of them, which is great for a drugstore product.

Pros:
Affordable
Nice packaging
Nice coverage
Easy to blend
Lasts a long time

Cons:
I haven't found any so far

on 7/1/2015 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Holy grail concealer! I have melasma and have tried every freaking concealer and this one is perfect for both melasma and to cover under eye circles. Great shade range, great consistency and no creasing!

on 7/1/2015 7:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a holy grail concealer. I love this and use it everyday. It gives a medium to full coverage without looking caked. It last a long time especially if powdered. The colour range is great, suitable for light and dark skin colours. Really enjoy this concealer

on 7/1/2015 3:21:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

best concealer there is for me. full coverage without looking heavy. perfect shade. blends it amazingly with my foundation. it covers dark circles, red marks and pimples! always a yes!!!!!!

on 7/1/2015 2:41:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

kinda have a love/hate relationship with this. I tried it out because so many people recommended it. I have really prominent dark circles so it takes a really good concealer to fully cover them. This concealer does an average job at covering them but on me it creases almost immediately, which is kind of annoying. Sometimes if I set it with powder right away it kind of helps w creasing but not too much. I do like texture and how easy it is to blend the product. I also like the color because it looks better than some concealers on my skin tone. This does look nicer than my cover girl one & doesn't move around as much. And I think it looks better in photos. Honestly torn w this product, don't know if I love it or hate it. Don't know if I'll repurchase.. Maybe

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

When I purchased this concealer, for between 7 and 8 dollars from the drugstore, I was expecting amazing things from it because of the rave reviews. Not sure why, but this product didn't blow me out of the water. I use the shade light 10.

For my undereye circles, it covered them alright. Mine are pretty extreme though so it takes a special concealer to make them disappear. This just made my undereyes look a little more well rested and bright but nothing to write home about, honestly. It didn't cover up my acne scarring either.

The packaging is really nice for the drugstore.

I'm sort of biased against Maybelline also because they do test on animals.

For now I just keep this product in my purse for touch ups throughout the day because the packaging is more convenient on the go than my holy grail concealer's packaging. But once it's gone, I won't go back. I'd probably recommend this product for someone with light to no undereye circles and with very few imperfections on the face.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Maybelline has apparently become my go-to for drugstore-priced undereye concealers. I've got a tube of this stuff, the Instant Age Rewind Eraser for dark circles and the Dream Lumi Touch. And you know what? They're all pretty good!

Of the three, the eraser is the one I'm most likely to use (love the sponge applicator; could've been a silly gimmick but it's the easiest thing to use ever). If I feel like I need more brightening, I'll go with this or the Dream Lumi as an additional layer. No real good reason why I choose one over the other on a given day although the effects are quite different (this is darker and a bit more neutral/warm; the Lumi is pinker and more brightening).

I use all three primarily for concealing dark circles BTW (one of my primary skincare concerns, because they are dark! If I'm lazy about concealer, people definitely notice and are inclined to comment on how tired I apparently look. Thanks for noticing, guys! :P).

I have a Revlon concealer in stick form that works better when I need something thicker/longer-lasting on my nose when I need a quick touch up in that area. None of the Maybelline concealers stick to my nose well enough for that, although the Fit Me would probably be the most robust in terms of overall coverage of the Maybelline products mentioned.

Anyway, Fit Me is a great light-to-medium coverage concealer and the doe foot makes it very easy to apply. It's not a dupe for NARS for me (the shade range there is just too excellent and it's definitely creamier and more concealing) but Fit Me is a much better value if you can find a good shade match.

Speaking of which, one odd thing is that what should be the lightest shade if you're going by number (Light/10) actually looks darker in the tube than the next one numerically (Fair/15). I don't know if that's the case in practice as well or if it's just a strange wet vs. dry quirk; I ended up picking up Light because most of the stores I tried were out of Fair. Light seems a little too dark for me so next time I'll pick up Fair and see if that's a little brighter.

And jeez, this stuff is way harder to find in-store than it should be. Maybe this is San Francisco-specific but almost every Walgreens I tried was out of most of the shades. So was BB&B. So much pillaging and plunder in the Fit Me section. Blargh!

on 6/29/2015 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I am shocked by how fast I've been going through this--after 5 months, I'm about halfway through, which is a big accomplishment for me. I use this daily under my eyes in the Fair shade and I find that I get the best coverage from patting it in with my finger--a sponge sheers it out too much. I really like the packaging because the wand makes it super easy to apply. My natural skin is so light that this shade does not perform as a brightener but that's fine with me since I prefer subtle makeup and I am most concerned about hiding dark circles. I can use this same shade to cover blemishes on my face. I will definitely repurchase!