Maybelline Fit Me Concealer

3.8

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Glycerin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Ozokerite, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Acrylates copolymer, Alumina, Butylparaben, Aluminium Hydroxide, Tocopherol, Silica, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract /- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77019/Mica)

This concealer is bad guys...
First off it breaks me out!
It looks fine just not worth the hype...
it does cling to dry patches and can look dry through out the day !

I like the coverage of this product, it's consistency, and it's lack of creasing. However, the products stings and subsequently leaves dry patches on my skin. I will not repurchase and I don't know if I'll bother to finish the tube.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This concealer is so good. I love how it's really light and easy to work with. I recommend this for everyone who wants to cover up their flaws because it is a medium coverage type of concealer.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Pretty good concealer. I like that it is medium coverage, not too heavy, does not crease in fine lines a lot, and is moisturizing. The price is also good, around $10.99 (CAD). I was using another Maybelline concealer that I liked but it started to dry out my under eye area too much, therefore I was looking for something more hydrating. I only wish that they had more shades. I got #10 (Light) that has slight yellow undertone, because #15 (Fair) has beige pink undertone, it seemed to be a good highlighter for me, but it was too sheer and did not cover my dark circles. It just didn't do its work compared to #10. So I purchased #10 in Light and it covers my under eye circles pretty good (kinda hard to blend at first), matches my skin color and foundation, and stays on all day.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely love love love this concealer. I prefer it over Nars as I see some folks compare the two. I don't know if I just got a bad tube of Nars, but I find the consistency much drier, which doesn't work quite well on my dry skin type. I find the Fit Me much more creamier and thus easier to use. I don't have a very noticeable dark eye problem, so it's mostly to hide blemishes. It's great to cover acne scars or as a brightener in an upside down triangle shape under the eyes. I wear the colour Sand for my light-medium skin (Mac NC25, yellow undertone, East Asian). Sometimes, when I'm in a rush, I'll skip the foundation and just dot the Fit Me all over, spray with Fix+ and blend it all in with clean fingertips.

I originally purchased this product after hearing so many great reviews about this product on youtube and I had never discovered makeupalley and was not fully aware of product affiliations etc. (lesson learnt right there). I was really excited to try this out but unfortunately I don't think it lives up to the hype.
Don't get me wrong, it isn't a terrible concealer, but it definitely feels like it is overhyped (probably due to the fact people are sent these products or they have an affiliation with a brand).

At first, I intended to use this as an undereye concealer but that didn't work out:
1. It dried out my undereye area
2. It creases
3. It did NOT cover my circles, but I do have really dark circles so I wasn't too surprised.

I didn't want to give up on it so I tried to conceal my blemishes with it: Once again it did not work as I could still see the blemish marks after I blended it, so I knew this was NOT the full coverage concealer some people claim it to be.

In the end I resorted to using it as a base product when I wear minimal makeup. This covers the redness around my nose. It has a nice 'skin-like' finish and blends out very well. Also it has decent lasting power - I have an oily t-zone and I don't need to touch it up throughout a day at uni, that I was impressed with.

About the lighter shade range:
I have the shade 20 Sand which has a yellow undertone. There is 10 light and 15 fair before it. I have swatched these 3 shades at Farmers and found that Sand is just slightly more dark than light but fair is much lighter than light and sand so in order from the lightest shade to the darker shades, it goes 15 fair, 10 light, 20 sand. I am not entirely sure how the darker shades run as I am between NC15 and NC20 but be weary that the shades don't run in order from light to dark.

TLDR: Overall this is a medium coverage concealer with decent lasting power.

Pro:
- Has a skin-like finish on me
- Light weight
- Lasts quite well
- Matches my skin tone quite well as a base

Cons:
- Does NOTHING I expect from a concealer (doesn't cover my undereye circles or conceal my blemishes :/ )
- Creases quite a bit
- The shades don't run from light to dark (be weary if you are considering purchasing it)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this product in the shade Sand after seeing many many positive reviews that claimed it did not crease, which I always find happens to me. Honestly, this product does crease, but it is very minimal and I hardly notice it at all. I set mine with M.A.C.'s Prep+Prime Transparent Finishing Powder, and it lasts all day. Very happy with it. I do notice that Sand, and perhaps all the shades, have a strong yellow undertone, which I like for highlighting. The coverage is decent, though I don't love it for a spot concealer as I have acne-prone and acne-scarred skin, and I find it is not quite full, but more light to medium. It is very similar to the NARS creamy concealer, but it's not a complete dupe. All in all, happy with the purchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this concealer in cafe and light to use for contouring and highlighting. I like the creamy consistency and blendability of this product and it lasted all day once I set it with powder. Definitely recommend for contouring purposes but can't really comment on it used as a concealer.

I bought this and i was rlly unhappy with it, bc i read all the reviews nd they said it was good, but when i tried it on me it was trash, it was very drying and it doesnt even last or anything!! And it looked horrible on me too, i bought the fist 2 shades and it really didnt work.
I prefer the maybelline master conceal so much better. I'm asian with a combination skin type and i'll just say it dosnt work for everyone!!

Good concealer for the price. Light but has good coverage. Does not 100% cover blemishes but does an excellent job!