April 17, 2014 | 1320 users online

Fragrances - Escada - Taj Sunset

rated 2 of 5 on 11/27/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Pambryant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I thought I would love this-sounded right up my alley, but I don't like it at all.

I think it's the mango that is so off-putting to me. It's the smell of some fruit, almost like a honey smell, but it smells awful to me. That first awful smell wears off after a while, and then it doesn't smell so bad. But I don't love it.

Also, after pigging out on Comice pears one Christmas, I became allergic to pears. I guess this also makes me allergic to similar fruits, like the nectarine and maybe mango, because this perfume made me stuffy, sneezy, and my chest broke out in hives. (DKNY Be Delicious makes me stuffy/sneezy, too.)

So if you're allergic to fruits, it may trigger a reaction in you. But also, I assume this means the scents are not synthetic (?), which is a good thing.

From fragrantica: Escada Taj Sunset opens with notes of Alphonso mango, nectarine and blood orange. The heart features aquatic flowers with raspberry and pomarosa or Malay apple. The base consists of coconut, sandalwood and musk.

I got this slightly used from an ebay auction, so the price wasn't bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by tfm1134

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love, love love this! Every time I wear this it makes me happy. I was very disappointed that I couldn't find this anywhere last summer, but luckily Sephora has it back on their shelves and I am a happy camper once again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 11:18:00 AM More reviews by colorfulstrawberry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Sadly this was a one summer fragrance, so they don't sell it anymore, but if they did I would definitely buy it right away, this is my all time fave. Love it. It so fresh and fruity!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by sissyfris

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For a jolly rancher scent that my preteen dd begged me to buy "so we can maybe share it" I could not have done better. And I would totally buy it again, although more for her. It's fruity fun in a jiggy little bottle, pure summertime joy. And if you overspray like a wild thing, no harm done. It's practically a body spray. You'll only smell like you've been mixing up a little Hawaiian Punch cocktail...maybe with a little vodka thrown in for the adult crowd. It works well on anyone who is in the kind of clothing and situation where flip flops are the preferred footwear. After a one really hot week I pretty much tore through a bottle, but I did get two perfume compliments from strange men. Yeah. I mean that like it sounds. I wouldn't wear this on the subway, but to a friend's bbq or beach party, it'd be perfect.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2012 8:13:00 AM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This smells like a bowl of fresh mango's and it's really sweet. I got the smallest bottle to use during the summer and I still have halve left from last year. This is a nice fragrance for sunny days but only if you like something sweet and fruity. The lasting power is ok, it does not last all day and you have to re-spray it after a couple of hours. This is just a fun fragrance for summer but nothing special really.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2012 12:20:00 PM More reviews by amnahp12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This smells like a drink, or a candy. Not revulsive, but WAAAAAYYYYY too sweet to wear. Save your money and get a cheap body splash - smells exactly like something a la BBW or VS, unfortunately. And I had such high hopes ...
Oh my skin, the mango makes a big impact right from the beginning. After a minute it's slightly more balanced out by what I suppose is a syrupy pineapple ...and then all I smell is sugar sugar sugar [tropical, but still] ... reminiscent of a drink too syrupy and sweet to actually choke down.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2012 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Bucephala

I absolutely love this fragrance. It is my go-to summer scent. Normally I don't go for sweet scents but I find this one to be more fruity than sweet. It's very refreshing and reminds me of berry picking in late summer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2012 10:40:00 PM More reviews by LaceyPorter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

WAY TOO SWEET!!! Gives me a tummy ache. This would smell great if they took half the sugar out.

EDIT: Okay so it is really sweet but sweet is starting to grow on me. This is one of the better LE escada scents this one smells like Rockin Rio but with more mango. A little sweeter and less sharp than Rockin Rio. Ocean Lounge is my favorite of the five or six LE's I have tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2011 12:05:00 PM More reviews by HollywoodIceQueen

Smells sooo unbelievably delicious!!! So yummy, reminds me of the beach.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2011 10:04:00 PM More reviews by iheartpandas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I went searching high and low for the perfect summer fragrance and Escada Taj Sunset is it. On my skin the mango is quite strong, but it's warmed by a balance of other juicy citrus notes like pineapple, orange and peach. It's also a very true mango in that it doesn't come across as synthetic and headache inducing. This fragrance is a mood lifter. Although the price point is high for the lasting power, i think it's worth a splurge, however the deal breaker for me before purchasing was when i sprayed the tester and my bf turned around and said "mmm what is that?" SOLD!